Adam and Katie's wedding PJ -10/2/2010 SBP/SCP need floral advice!!

Wait you can make those out of paper?!?!?! DO tell!!! I've been toying around with the idea of buying carnations from market basket and making centerpieces but if you can make them out of paper that would be super cool!

Oh and also.... Ever since you lovely ladies have put in my head the idea of a possible DP as a dinner i haven't been able to stop thinking about it. :rolleyes: It gets me really excited just thinking about it. And even though i keep saying i'm not going to plan anything disney until later i just emailed my planner. I can't help it!!! This whole wedding planning thing is like an addiction! :lmao: But i'm not telling DF i emailed her until i know cold hard facts! I promise! :upsidedow

Lol it is an addiction!! I don't have anything to do right now except wait for our BEO and do our invitations!! Loving the idea of a DP for dinner!

Lol it is an addiction!! I don't have anything to do right now except wait for our BEO and do our invitations!! Loving the idea of a DP for dinner!

Hi, My name is Katie, and I'm a wedding planning addict... :rotfl2:

Do you girls think i can do a dinner DP for around the same cost as taking everyone to BOMA? :confused3 there are probably going to be 18 of us total. I dont know much about DP's

Hi, My name is Katie, and I'm a wedding planning addict... :rotfl2:

Do you girls think i can do a dinner DP for around the same cost as taking everyone to BOMA? :confused3 there are probably going to be 18 of us total. I dont know much about DP's

Hmm...you would probably spend more on a DP.

Based on information I've combined from various different places:

UK Upper: $250.00 (rental fee?)

Viewing fee - $12.50 (for those that don't have tickets--I multipled by 16 since you know definitely that you and DF will have APs): 16 x $12.50 = $200.00

Setup fee (if you have tables you need to pay this, you may not if you can use the benches?): $75.00

Hostess: $90.00

Food--$22.00 (cheapest menu was something like $22.00): $22.00 x 18 = $396.00

TOTAL: $1,011.00

Dinner buffet at Boma - $28.99 per person: 18 x $28.99 = $521.82 + tip (20%-$105.00)

TOTAL: Approx. $625.00

So, if my calculations are anywhere near correct, a DP would be twice as much. Maybe I'm adding things up wrong? :eek:

Ouch!:lmao:

I guess my only other choice to MAYBE make this work is if we had it at SC... but i keep getting different F&B minimums for SC... Lurkyloo said its 500$ but others have said 1000$ :confused3

oh well... this is why i didn't say anything to DF... i had a feeling it'd be out of our league but thats ok. :goodvibes

Edit: yea, so did some more research and i guess if your serving dessert @ SCP its a 500$ minimum... but for dinners it is 1000$ I keep going back and forth with... do we spend the extra money or not... ugh sometimes i wish we didn't buy the house first :rolleyes1

Ouch!:lmao:

I guess my only other choice to MAYBE make this work is if we had it at SC... but i keep getting different F&B minimums for SC... Lurkyloo said its 500$ but others have said 1000$ :confused3

oh well... this is why i didn't say anything to DF... i had a feeling it'd be out of our league but thats ok. :goodvibes

Edit: yea, so did some more research and i guess if your serving dessert @ SCP its a 500$ minimum... but for dinners it is 1000$ I keep going back and forth with... do we spend the extra money or not... ugh sometimes i wish we didn't buy the house first :rolleyes1

lol, a house is a smart idea!! I pm'd you all my info! I can send you the reception food for Epcot if you want too. I really think there is no problem with having a cocktail reception, with finger foods and stuff! There are ways to get what you want!

Thanks again sweetie! I'm going to keep working on the home party and wait on the disney stuff... i got all kinds of flustered again :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Could you do dinner at somewhere else such as Ohana or Cali Grill, where you could then see the fireworks from after but get the cheaper dinner and see the fireworks?

Here are some pics of my paper carnations:
DSC_0125-2.jpg

Tanyastuff004.jpg

Tanyastuff006.jpg

Tanyastuff007.jpg

Tanyastuff009.jpg

Tanyastuff010-1.jpg

Tanyastuff012.jpg

Okay, so I needed some affordable flowers for our at home reception. We looked into ordering wholesale, bulk, etc. But even the carnations were more than we were willing to spend. So I found this great diy thing online with instructions for tissue paper carnations. I'm sad to say that I don't have the link any more.

Basically. Take a piece of tissue paper and fold it up a bunch of times. I use a kids cup to trace a circle on it. I then poke 2 holes in the middle of the circle and thread a piece of wire through it or a pipe cleaner through it. If the stems are going to show, use floral tape to wrap them up.

Then take the circles and smoosh them up and then fan the back out, making the carnation. You can do solid colors, or combine 2 colors of tissue paper. You can even color around the edges with a marker before you smoosh them for a two toned look.

Hope this helps. I've made about 350 so far for about $10! I've got enough supplies to make a couple hundred more. My goal is 1,000! :scared1:

the carnations look great! And if you wanted you could make them into pomanders too, I saw that on a wedding craft board and thought they looked beautiful. Then I had to repeat to myself: "I do not need another wedding project." :laughing: but I'd love to live vicariously through you! :goodvibes

New reader on board!
I love your cake and colors.
Have the send off as you want it, just casual and fun. It is just too hectic of a time to worry about everyone else, make memories that you and df want to start your life with!!!!!

Okay, so I needed some affordable flowers for our at home reception. We looked into ordering wholesale, bulk, etc. But even the carnations were more than we were willing to spend. So I found this great diy thing online with instructions for tissue paper carnations. I'm sad to say that I don't have the link any more.

Basically. Take a piece of tissue paper and fold it up a bunch of times. I use a kids cup to trace a circle on it. I then poke 2 holes in the middle of the circle and thread a piece of wire through it or a pipe cleaner through it. If the stems are going to show, use floral tape to wrap them up.

Then take the circles and smoosh them up and then fan the back out, making the carnation. You can do solid colors, or combine 2 colors of tissue paper. You can even color around the edges with a marker before you smoosh them for a two toned look.

Hope this helps. I've made about 350 so far for about $10! I've got enough supplies to make a couple hundred more. My goal is 1,000! :scared1:

:eek: They are so cute!!! thats it... i'm making them! :thumbsup2 Here is a link i found that i think could be the same (or close) to how you've made yours!

http://foldingtrees.com/2008/08/flower-week-tissue-paper-carnations/

I really love the carnation ball that i took a pic of at the fair and i'm assuming you could just stick them in one of those round craft balls and make them easy enough! YAY!!!!

New reader on board!
I love your cake and colors.
Have the send off as you want it, just casual and fun. It is just too hectic of a time to worry about everyone else, make memories that you and df want to start your life with!!!!!

Welcome holly!!!

I am definatly done trying to please everyone at this send off party. I actually had a really good wedding pow-wow with one of my sisters yesterday and she made me feel sooooo much better about alot of things! :goodvibes

I hope you stick with me over the next year!

So my DSis (MOH) came over yesterday and we had alot of fun and made me feel alot better. I showed her some DP pictures and told her about how i really wanted to do something more after the ceremony. I told her how much it would be and how i would be stretching the budget. She said that although it looked like fun and great picture oppertunities it didn't look like something alot of the family would enjoy. So we're going to keep BOMA. I showed her pictures of BOMA and told her about it and she was getting really excited about it. :woohoo: She even was helping me look for a short white dress to wear to dinner and to the parks after. I think my little bridezilla moment of wanting it all has been surpressed.... atleast for now. ;)

Anyway so i'm trying to find a short white dress.... i guess they're called reception dresses or something like that. I dont want to spend too much money on it since i'm going to be wearing it at the send off party and then to BOMA and the parks. I dont want to feel bad if it gets ruined. We saw this one on Victoria's secret website and i think Mandy wore it for her engagement pics but i dont know how itll look on me

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...82&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSTSA&rfnbr=6306&atp=a

Any other suggestions on where i can get a white "reception" dress for under 100$?

So my DSis (MOH) came over yesterday and we had alot of fun and made me feel alot better. I showed her some DP pictures and told her about how i really wanted to do something more after the ceremony. I told her how much it would be and how i would be stretching the budget. She said that although it looked like fun and great picture oppertunities it didn't look like something alot of the family would enjoy. So we're going to keep BOMA. I showed her pictures of BOMA and told her about it and she was getting really excited about it. :woohoo: She even was helping me look for a short white dress to wear to dinner and to the parks after. I think my little bridezilla moment of wanting it all has been surpressed.... atleast for now. ;)

Anyway so i'm trying to find a short white dress.... i guess they're called reception dresses or something like that. I dont want to spend too much money on it since i'm going to be wearing it at the send off party and then to BOMA and the parks. I dont want to feel bad if it gets ruined. We saw this one on Victoria's secret website and i think Mandy wore it for her engagement pics but i dont know how itll look on me

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...82&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSTSA&rfnbr=6306&atp=a

Any other suggestions on where i can get a white "reception" dress for under 100$?

Actually mine came from Target!! It was super comfy and I think it came out nice in picures.

Anyway...white dresses for under $100...I'm on it!

s09_f13408_candypink_2acc.psd.xml&cmp-color=top,E6DDC6&ftr=5&cmp-end=1&wid=330&hei=460&cvt=jpg

Technically it's champagne, but I liked it! $135 David's Bridal

211447488.jpg

buy.com $49!!!

1089540813172147.jpg

helenprom.com $79

2012280815133339.jpg

helenprom.com $79

NB1658.jpg

helenprom.com $79

I also like almost all those VS dresses and the come in white usually!

OMG I LOVE THESE!!!! the third one is my favorite!

And i dont know why i thought you wore that dress.... i must've known someone else who wore it. Anywho thanks for the help mandy!

OMG I LOVE THESE!!!! the third one is my favorite!

And i dont know why i thought you wore that dress.... i must've known someone else who wore it. Anywho thanks for the help mandy!

Ohh I am glad you like them!! I really like the one with the pockets:goodvibes

My dress was very similar and I was considering that VS one for a while, but my mom suprised me with the one from Target and it was perfect.

oh the helenprom one is so pretty and girly! I wonder if you can get a differnet colour sash? Then you can style it up with your colours and get shoes to match your colours too!

wow i really need to come back to the boards...look at all ive missed.....
for starters, im glad you sat down and figured out what was going to make you happiest ( even if some of it was for your family ) and staying on family...just make sure you always have an extra pair of these hanging out in your bag :cool2: because someone is always going to have something negative to say

i love love love your new ideas! ....if you do the candy apples and do decide to do them yourself, go to michaels and get the candy bags and ribbon, and as usual there are always coupons...when my brother and sil got married last year they ordered caramel apples but we bagged and tied them on our own...it was very inexpensive to do.....

i would suggest NOT getting the VS dress..i bought it for my engagement photos and it doesn't fit like the photos show ... who knows maybe it will for you..but i was hugely dissapointed in it...i think some of the others are soo pretty!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter