• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adam and Katie's wedding PJ -10/2/2010 SBP/SCP need floral advice!!

mmmmmm funfetti apples...YUM! I saw one bride on here found mickey sprinkles, if you could find those that could be a really cute touch!

Don't let the comments get to you, people that make comments like that are going to complain no matter what. And would his aunt really not give you any type of gift if she didn't attend the actual wedding? Family usually would give you a gift no matter what so I think she's complaining to complain. She also may have thought she was being funny and didn't mean anything bad by it at all.

You could definitely do the send off as a rehearsal if you wanted.

We just went to an at home reception this past weekend and it was really fun. They had a tent in the yard and hired a bartender and caterer and it really was a great time. So I'm sure your send-off party will be lots of fun too!

Awe thanks hun! :goodvibes

i'd love to be able to find mickey sprinkles! That would be really cute! I'm trying to find a way to incorporate disney without it looking like a kids birthday party... that would be really cute and subtle!

Its good the know that other people have done outdoor casual stuff for a home reception and that its gone well. Some days i get really excited about it and some days i get nervouse about it.... we'll see what happens... i just hope nobody ruins it because i AM putting alot of effort into it. ::yes::

The only thing i would say is do you want to say your "I Do's" before the wedding?

Honestly i dont. :sad2: Someone had asked me why i just dont get married at the send off party and do the disney wedding as a VR but i dont want that. I think we're just going to keep it as a party and leave it at that. the more DF and i thought about it the more we didn't want to do it.

so we'll have the food, desert, we'll take pictures with everyone, have the music playing, and just hope it all goes well... i'm just praying for everyone to be on their best behavior :rolleyes:

I am supposed to be doing homework but the DISboards is way more fun! :rotfl:

That candy apple looks good enough to eat right off the computer screen! I think all of your ideas so far are great. I have seen mickey confetti candy on ebay for cheap. It comes in pastel or primary colors. That would be a cute way to incorporate some disney magic!

OMG Katie! I was on another non-disney wedding website and look at this girls CAKE!!!

51700.toulouse3.jpg.resize

HOLY MOLY!!!!!

I love that greenish color they have on it! Throw some gerbera daisies on it and thats my cake!!!!

Ya know if you did that cake with a green ribbon and the scroll work in that brownish color to match the linens at tamu tamu it would be really pretty there.... yes saying :rolleyes1

Ok so i've been throwing more and more ideas around in my head and here are some things i've come up with...

I was thinking about the candy apple wedding favor idea a bit more and i strangely remembered that i saw a cute recipe for a candy apple recently.... i opened up my kitchen cabinet that has all of my baking materials in it and low and behold an unopened container of chocolate funfetti frosting was staring at me.... on the back is a picture of a chocolate covered candy apple with the funfetti sprinkles all around it. :idea: I peeled the label off and read the instructions and it will be so much easier/cheaper/and cuter (i think) than to order them on line! One can of funfetti frosting makes 8 apples!! :woohoo: And since DF LOOOOOVES everything funfetti (as do it) i thought it would be a cute added touch! :thumbsup2

Ok so another thing that was really bothering me were the comments made at DF's aunt's party on sunday. :sad2: DF reminded me that we will eventually start getting some comments from my side soon enough so to get used to it. Although i had on my hater blockers :cool2: I still have this burning question of "why is this such a big deal?!?" I mean if we have the party they ONLY thing they will be missing out on is the "i do's" :confused3 So i kind of had an interesting thought.... what if we do the "rehersal" when everyone arrives to our house? We'll slap a random book in DF's Best friends hand and have him "officiant", i'll have my sisters standing up for me, and DF's brothers standing up for him. I mean if this will make everyone relax alittle bit why not? We'll obviously make sure everyone KNOWS this is only a REHERSAL and not the real thing but what are your thoughts on that?

I'm still planning on cutting a cake with DF so everyone can get that photo op, and depending on the feel of the party maybe throwing a bouquet and garter to get the full corny reception effect so why not throw in a quick "I do"?

ok, well i'm off to go try and get some work done... :surfweb: I'll talk to you all later!

So I had an opinion! :rotfl: I know that I tend to only chime in about the good stuff but I think that your families need to GET OVER IT. Just have a little party and then send them all announcements when you get back with a link to all of your pictures online and they can print whatever they want! Also, have you considered getting a videographer so that they can all see a video of your wedding vows? I know it's expensive (i've looked into it) but maybe if you asked the nosy relatives if they would be willing to contribute to that cost... :confused3 Frankly I think they need to just get their noses out of your business. This is your day and it's ultimately about the two of you. You're going to have close family and friends there who mean the most to you. Do you honestly care what all these other nosy witches think? You shouldn't!

Okay, stepping off my soap box now! You should TOTALLY just do the dessert party idea. I am soo so so so so soo excited that don't have to feed people dinner! And dessert is the best anyways! Mmmmmm! :thumbsup2

That all being said :hug::hug::hug: BIIIIIIG hugs, you can get through this! :goodvibes

I am supposed to be doing homework but the DISboards is way more fun! :rotfl:

That candy apple looks good enough to eat right off the computer screen! I think all of your ideas so far are great. I have seen mickey confetti candy on ebay for cheap. It comes in pastel or primary colors. That would be a cute way to incorporate some disney magic!

The DIS always gives me something to do other than work! :rotfl2:

I'll definatly have to look into the mickey confetti candy! I agree that it would be a really cute way to incorporate disney! DF agreed to so i think thats what we're going to do!

So I had an opinion! :rotfl: I know that I tend to only chime in about the good stuff but I think that your families need to GET OVER IT. Just have a little party and then send them all announcements when you get back with a link to all of your pictures online and they can print whatever they want! Also, have you considered getting a videographer so that they can all see a video of your wedding vows? I know it's expensive (i've looked into it) but maybe if you asked the nosy relatives if they would be willing to contribute to that cost... :confused3 Frankly I think they need to just get their noses out of your business. This is your day and it's ultimately about the two of you. You're going to have close family and friends there who mean the most to you. Do you honestly care what all these other nosy witches think? You shouldn't!

Okay, stepping off my soap box now! You should TOTALLY just do the dessert party idea. I am soo so so so so soo excited that don't have to feed people dinner! And dessert is the best anyways! Mmmmmm! :thumbsup2

That all being said :hug::hug::hug: BIIIIIIG hugs, you can get through this! :goodvibes

:hug::hug::hug:

Thank you for the support! What my family and DF's family dont seem to understand is that we are pretty private people. we dont like big grand affairs and as much as DF is a big kid (like me) in front of people he knows... he tends to clam up infront of a bunch of people. The last thing i want is for him, or me, to feel uncomfortable at our own wedding. That being said i think we are doing the best we can to make everyone happy! I know that come next year we will have a clear mind knowing that we tried to pelase everyone. And not for nothing but i would LOOOOOOVE to get the (beach) balls to tell everyone that if they're all so upset about it then you can pay for it! But i digress.... We did look into videoing the wedding but it is expensive so we are going to slap a video camera in someones hands and then email it to everyone.

I will however be looking into the DP idea. I know i asked DF about it before and he was more concerned with giving everyone a dinner as opposed to a desert. he really hasn't grasped the "once in a life time" chance it would be to have a DP. But if we can do a DP as a dinner that would be a really cool compromise! :thumbsup2 I have however vowed to not make any crazy plans as far as the disney wedding is concerned until we can actually book in Feb. Things just got to confusing at that point. the only definates are where and when anything after that is tentative! :upsidedow

Oh and good news... I got another quote for a tent, tables, chairs ect. and it was HALF what the other place was going to charge! :woohoo:

The DIS always gives me something to do other than work! :rotfl2:

I will however be looking into the DP idea. I know i asked DF about it before and he was more concerned with giving everyone a dinner as opposed to a desert. he really hasn't grasped the "once in a life time" chance it would be to have a DP. But if we can do a DP as a dinner that would be a really cool compromise! :thumbsup2 I have however vowed to not make any crazy plans as far as the disney wedding is concerned until we can actually book in Feb. Things just got to confusing at that point. the only definates are where and when anything after that is tentative! :upsidedow

Oh and good news... I got another quote for a tent, tables, chairs ect. and it was HALF what the other place was going to charge! :woohoo:

Dp as dinner would be cool! Check out magicalkingdoms.com for sample menus!
And yay for the tent pricing!

P.S. I love my zebra cake ;)

Hey Katie!! I didn't realize you had made a new PJ! I'm sorry about the family drama. If it was me, I would not do the wedding stuff at the party. It's not meant to be a wedding, and it doesn't sound like it's something you want to do. If they are worried it's going to be a party just to get gifts, make it clear on the invitation that gifts are not necessary. I mean it sounds like you're trying to throw a nice party, and if they are not going to appreciate it, **** them. I would NOT try to appease if it means doing something you don't want to do. It's your party, and your day, and if they don't get it, well it stinks to be them. I'm sorry they are being difficult. I definitely feel your pain about pain in the butt families. Just try to focus on you and DF and do what you guys want to do, or else you may end up regretting it.

Thanks for the support Sam! :hug: I'm working through the family drama and i'll make our wedding the most amazing day for us no matter what family says or does. ::yes:: I'm not going to make any plans right now for the wedding in disney until we can talk to our planner and actually book everything in Feb. So right now we are focusing on the home party. But i can tell you that i WILL be doing what makes us happy in disney... as far as the party here goes i agree with ya, i'm not going to do anything wedding related for them... our special day is in disney and thats how its going to stay! :thumbsup2

In other news DF and I went to the topsfield fair last night! Its the oldest county fair in the untied states and it is a big deal around here. Its also one of DF and I's favorite things to do in the fall. Here are some pics from the fair that i took...

fair001.jpg
this was the cutest thing i've ever seen... its a tiny baby goat climbing the camel

fair005.jpg

Um this is me after my entire hand was in this camels mouth... i'm waiting for better pictures from DF's Brothers girlfriend... adam didn't get a very good picture

fair007.jpg

These are the clydesdales that pull this giant carriage through the fair grounds they're huge!!!

fair008.jpg

This is Harley the clydesdales mascot... he rides in the carriage

fair009.jpg

this was really cool... this guy carved this "green cow" (notice the solar panels) out of butter!

fair010.jpg

I took this with you girls in mind... a class of 5th graders made this out of pumpkins!
fair011.jpg

Every year they do a competition for the largest pumpkin... this is the winner 1660lbs!

cont....

fair012.jpg

Mandy i thought of you on this one... i dont know if your still using them but notice the big carnation ball!!!

fair013.jpg

A close up

fair014.jpg

fair015.jpg

fair016.jpg

fair017.jpg

Such pretty flowers!!!!!

fair018.jpg

They were hungry!!

fair019.jpg

They make me want to buy a farm!

fair020.jpg

Adam on the lawn mower he wants :rolleyes: Notice his face... he was soooo sick of me taking pictures. :lmao:

Alright well that was our fair experience, hope you all enjoyed the pics!popcorn::

It looks like you had such a good time at the fair! I'm glad you shared the pictures, it reminds me how much fun those things can be!!! Also, the flowers are great inspiration pics for all of us (especially for Mandy and her carnation ball :lmao:)

It was SOOOO much fun! I figured we needed to take it all in this year since next year we may not make it back from the honeymoon in time :bride:

I was thinking the same thing about the flowers, which is why i took all the pictures! I love that first flower in the perrier bottle, its so pretty! :goodvibes

That butter sculpture was really cool. I dont know how that guys did that without wanting to melt some on popcorn... which coincidentally was at the stand right next door! lol

The Cinderella's carriage out of pumpkins is really cool!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I am doing big groups of carnations (made out of paper) for my at home reception. But the purple ones were sooo pretty.

Wait you can make those out of paper?!?!?! DO tell!!! I've been toying around with the idea of buying carnations from market basket and making centerpieces but if you can make them out of paper that would be super cool!

Oh and also.... Ever since you lovely ladies have put in my head the idea of a possible DP as a dinner i haven't been able to stop thinking about it. :rolleyes: It gets me really excited just thinking about it. And even though i keep saying i'm not going to plan anything disney until later i just emailed my planner. I can't help it!!! This whole wedding planning thing is like an addiction! :lmao: But i'm not telling DF i emailed her until i know cold hard facts! I promise! :upsidedow

Wait you can make those out of paper?!?!?! DO tell!!! I've been toying around with the idea of buying carnations from market basket and making centerpieces but if you can make them out of paper that would be super cool!

Oh and also.... Ever since you lovely ladies have put in my head the idea of a possible DP as a dinner i haven't been able to stop thinking about it. :rolleyes: It gets me really excited just thinking about it. And even though i keep saying i'm not going to plan anything disney until later i just emailed my planner. :upsidedow I can't help it!!! This whole wedding planning thing is like an addiction! :lmao: But i'm not telling DF i emailed her until i know cold hard facts! I promise! :upsidedow

I'm doing 2 DP's, without actual desserts! At Epcot, we are doing cocktail reception style (this was going to be for our wedding night, but now it is a welcome party). The hor derve package I choose is about $30, and it has a LOT of food!! We are also doing a dinner at Sago Cay, and using a rehearsal menu, so that keeps costs down a lot!

Hey katie! Just got caught up on the new plans and love it! Especially in love with the idea of a send-off party... I really wish we could do this but the weekend before we leave is thanskgiving so that's out... and the few weekends before that are deer hunting season- sacred "man" time that DF would kill me if I planned something during. So I'm stuck with the at-home reception after but such is life. It's a great idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out! The backyard wedding posted is awesome inspiration and I love the centerpieces and caramel apples! Just ignore all the complainers... I've found people will always find something to be unhappy with:sad2:

I'm doing 2 DP's, without actual desserts! At Epcot, we are doing cocktail reception style (this was going to be for our wedding night, but now it is a welcome party). The hor derve package I choose is about $30, and it has a LOT of food!! We are also doing a dinner at Sago Cay, and using a rehearsal menu, so that keeps costs down a lot!

:eek: You HAVE to PM me and let me know specifics! I am hoping that it is in our budget! if its equal to or alittle more than what BOMA would cost us i think i can talk DF into it!!! :woohoo:

Hey katie! Just got caught up on the new plans and love it! Especially in love with the idea of a send-off party... I really wish we could do this but the weekend before we leave is thanskgiving so that's out... and the few weekends before that are deer hunting season- sacred "man" time that DF would kill me if I planned something during. So I'm stuck with the at-home reception after but such is life. It's a great idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out! The backyard wedding posted is awesome inspiration and I love the centerpieces and caramel apples! Just ignore all the complainers... I've found people will always find something to be unhappy with:sad2:
ADELIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

I am glad you found me new PJ! :goodvibes And i am very happy with the idea of the send off party. It'll make everything much easier on us! And i'm getting REALLY good with these :cool2: I'm not letting anyone get to me anymore.... I'm going to try to anyway!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter