Acid Reflux help

imsorry

<font color=green>Eating an entire pint of Ben & J
I'm taking my Prevacid but the past two days I have a pretty constant burning in my chest. Is yogurt a good lunch? I have run out of ideas of foods I can have. Seems like everything is a no-no. :confused3

When the burning comes back, those yogurt drinks that Stoneyfield Farms makes are pretty good at helping. Can you also take Pepcid or Zantac with your Prevacid? You should call your Dr. to ask about that. If mine gets really bad, I also take a Zantac on top of my perscription.

How about stress? My dh is begging me to go to the Doc. Lately I just can't keep it under control.

I have to call someone today..good luck!

Everyone's triggers are different. Yogurt can set me off in the worst way--other times it is fine.

If my Prilosec stops working ocassionally, I will augment it with some over the counter Gaviscon. Usually takes care of it.

I hate reflux!

You may have to switch to another acid supressant if the problem continues for a few weeks. Sometimes the body adapts to a supressent after long term use, rendering it ineffective.

DH is resting from his endoscopy right now. He has pretty bad reflux, and his doctor has him take Nexium in the morning to reduce overall acid production, and then he takes a big dose of Zantac at night to neutralize what is there. It has worked. In 2 years he's gone from having major damage to totally healed.

for me, stress is a huge issue. I have to take the prevacid....twice a day one in morning one at night...thou I had a ton of damage. it has taken several years to get to this point.

I cannot eat tomato sauces...(I eat nothing Italian)
I can eat spicey foods...it does not bother me(like mexican)
you may want to ask your dr. to set up an appointment with a nutrionist, so you can get an idea what can help you.....oh, I also have trouble with the dairy...so that can be an issue also

I had to supplement with Zantac and get a script for Nexium, totally out of the blue. I believe that my problems were associated with tomato season, but I was absolutely miserable for a week while it began healing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter