• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD DVC San Fran/Napa Tour

bliscum

Mouseketeer
Just arrived in San Fran the day before the tour starts. Not staying at the Fairmont tonight because of cost. But ABD did pick me from the airport. I was very surprised when told this as since I am not staying at the Fairmont you usually have to arrange your own transportation. I can not wait for tomorrow to get the tour underway. Will keep you posted tomorrow.

Just arrived in San Fran the day before the tour starts. Not staying at the Fairmont tonight because of cost. But ABD did pick me from the airport. I was very surprised when told this as since I am not staying at the Fairmont you usually have to arrange your own transportation. I can not wait for tomorrow to get the tour underway. Will keep you posted tomorrow.
Cool! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing about this trip!

Sayhello

Well day 1 is complete. The dat started off with a buffet type breakfast at the Fairmont high up. We had a gorgeous view of the surrounding area the San Francisco Bay Area. We then went by trolley down to the marina and rode bikes for about 8 miles return. The scenery was stunning, gorgeous day clear vise of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. We worked up an appetite for lunch and went to M.Y Chine a restaurant by Martin Yan. The food was superb and the service excellent. We then had time to ourselves. We meet back again and went to dinner at Waterbar an amazing seafood restaurant. Wonderful view of the Bay bridge. To top the night off went up to Twin Peaks for an awesome view of the city at night. The day was full and excellent as per the Disney way. Can not wait for day 2.

Well day 1 is complete. The dat started off with a buffet type breakfast at the Fairmont high up. We had a gorgeous view of the surrounding area the San Francisco Bay Area. We then went by trolley down to the marina and rode bikes for about 8 miles return. The scenery was stunning, gorgeous day clear vise of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. We worked up an appetite for lunch and went to M.Y Chine a restaurant by Martin Yan. The food was superb and the service excellent. We then had time to ourselves. We meet back again and went to dinner at Waterbar an amazing seafood restaurant. Wonderful view of the Bay bridge. To top the night off went up to Twin Peaks for an awesome view of the city at night. The day was full and excellent as per the Disney way. Can not wait for day 2. Forgot to say the the Fairmont hotel is gorgeous old world charm. The whole day has been awesome .

Well day 1 is complete. The dat started off with a buffet type breakfast at the Fairmont high up. We had a gorgeous view of the surrounding area the San Francisco Bay Area. We then went by trolley down to the marina and rode bikes for about 8 miles return. The scenery was stunning, gorgeous day clear vise of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. We worked up an appetite for lunch and went to M.Y Chine a restaurant by Martin Yan. The food was superb and the service excellent. We then had time to ourselves. We meet back again and went to dinner at Waterbar an amazing seafood restaurant. Wonderful view of the Bay bridge. To top the night off went up to Twin Peaks for an awesome view of the city at night. The day was full and excellent as per the Disney way. Can not wait for day 2. Forgot to say the the Fairmont hotel is gorgeous old world charm. The whole day has been awesome .
Sounds like a lovely trip so far! I had lunch at that restaurant on top of the Fairmont during my first trip to San Francisco many, many years ago! I still remember the view! I went on a class outing during college. During our lunch there, our advisor, who was a great guy, told us "If some day, some young man asks you to have a "rendezvous" with him in San Francisco, tell him "Only if it's at the Fairmont!" :)

Sayhello

Day 2
Today was breakfast on your own and meet in the lobby to board a coach to head to Napa Valley and first stop the Silverado Winery. This is owned b the Miller family (Diane Disney Miller) the drive was beautiful as another sunny day and no fog. Went over the Bay Bridge to get there. We were greeted and shown around the vineyard and the making of wine. The junior adventurers made cork ornaments and body scrubs with sugar, olive oil, coco, lavender and rosemary. The adults got to sit down and taste 4 different types of red wines and then mix them to our liking. I have never done this before and was very interesting and fun. Then they made us a bottle of wine based on our mixtures to take home. Awesome. Then we were treated to a very lovely lunch on the terrace overlooking the vineyard. A lite Californian mixture of salad, pasta salad, salmon and beef served family style as well as 4 different wines to taste 2 white and 2 red plus a yummy chocolate mini cupcake for desert. The hospitality that we received was spectacular. We then departed for Muir Woods. The tall trees were breath taking. It was cool in the forest. We then boarded the bus for the hotel with the evening to ourselves. I had a reservation at the wayfarer tavern some of the best fried chicken n the US. It was delicious but way too much.
The 2 guides we have are Julie who lives in San Fran and jonMicheal. They have both been excellent as usual.
I will post pictures once I get home.

San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. Sounds like you're having a great time. Can't wait to see your pics. Re the San Fran and NYC trips only for DvC members?

We did the NYC Dreams trip last summer and loved it. We have been to San Francisco a few times and done a lot of the city and area. We are enjoying hearing all about the ABD San Francisco trip. Thinking of doing it next year.

Day 3
Got up early to leave the city and go over the Golden Gate Bridge. We stopped at the vista outlook to take pictures. The weather god was with us again as it was clear, calm, no rain or fog. Got awesome pictures of the bridge, city, Alcatraz. Then drove thru Sausalito very picturesque to Tiburon island where we boarded the Angle Island Ferry for the short ride to Angel a Island. Then got on a tram and had a 45 min drive around the island. There is so much history for the Bay Area on the island. We had a picnic lunch of salads and sandwiches and of courses cookies. Then back on the ferry for the return trip. Then back over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Presidio to the Walt Disney Family Museum. We spent about 45 mins there as we ran into traffic coming over the bridge. You could spend days there absorbing everything. So much to see. A lot of personal history as well as that of the company. Then it was off to another part of the Presidio to Letterman Digital (Lucas film). Saw the yoga fountain and the went into the building to most perfect theater in the world. Where we treated to a little surprise. Then we got to Lucas's private collection of movies poster. Then saw replicas of Darth vader and Boba Fet. The it was off to One Market an amazing restaurant for the farewell dinner. The meal was one of the best I have ever had.
The guides really did an awesome job. Our group was 21 large.

Day 4
This was farewell for most of our tour but I stayed for another day. I left the Fairmont to a hilton and made my own way there. I then went back to the WaltDisney Family Museum as there was so much to see plus they have a exhibit on Mary Blair I wanted to see. I took a taxi there but found out about the Presidio Go Bus that is FREE and will bring you back to the city. I must have spend another 2 hours at the museum. When I left there was a off the grid picnic party going on outside with lots of food trucks, food vendors. Large amount if people out there sitting on the grass with families and dogs, music. It was pretty cool but only on Sundays . Then took the bus back to the city and went to the ferry terminal. I ate at Gotts Roadside burger fries for dinner. Then walked around the waterfront area some more before heading back to the hotel. I leave in the morning. I have truly enjoyed the adventure and am glad it will be available to everyone next year.
PS they did try to get to Pixar on the tour but just not yet.

Thanks for the report, bliscum! It sounds like a great trip!

Please be sure and post a link to your Report in the Trip Report Sticky so that people can find it!

Thanks,
Sayhello

We were also on this trip, The Fairmont has a long History so is an interesting start & finish for our trip. Julie our tour guide has many hidden talents and is a real asset to ABD. (This was her first tour with ABD). As always the food was all wonderful. We were very fortunate to have the beautiful weather we had.ABD pays attention to detail and provides little things along the way, this was our third ABD trip and look forward to more, would recommend this to anyone

So excited for our trip now...October 2016 is a long way off. Luckily there will be a lot of people going between now and then so I can read even more reports! Sounds like you had a great time

Well day 1 is complete. The dat started off with a buffet type breakfast at the Fairmont high up. We had a gorgeous view of the surrounding area the San Francisco Bay Area. We then went by trolley down to the marina and rode bikes for about 8 miles return. The scenery was stunning, gorgeous day clear vise of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. We worked up an appetite for lunch and went to M.Y Chine a restaurant by Martin Yan. The food was superb and the service excellent. We then had time to ourselves. We meet back again and went to dinner at Waterbar an amazing seafood restaurant. Wonderful view of the Bay bridge. To top the night off went up to Twin Peaks for an awesome view of the city at night. The day was full and excellent as per the Disney way. Can not wait for day 2.

this will be my 1st ABD ....how were the rooms and do all the ABD guest stay on the same floor or in the same area?? What time did the adventure start each morning :) and end each eve

Each day they let you know the time frames for everything. I thin k we meet at 0800 or 0830 and went from there. The hotels rooms are beautiful. Everybody was all over the floors depending upon size of party excetera and hoew many rooms available on each floor. We always meet for breakfast on in the lobby to begin each day

this will be my 1st ABD ....how were the rooms and do all the ABD guest stay on the same floor or in the same area?? What time did the adventure start each morning :) and end each eve

We were spread all over the hotel. When we checked in (two days early) we were offered an opportunity to upgrade to a tower room with a bay view for an extra $50/night. We did this and had a very nice room with spectacular views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter