ABD Backstage Magic -here now

IIRC, there is one restaurant at the hotel. However, if you are thinking that'w where the welcome dinner would be, no it usually isn't held in there.
Called ABD earlier and they told me dinner being held in the hotel....So I don't know what to think but I have to assume guides will try to call our room etc

Our guides put a welcome note under our door the first night. The note asked us to stop by between 10 and 3 the next day but also included a meeting place/time for the Welcome Dinner and their phone numbers so I think it would be fine if you couldn't see them before the dinner.

Our Welcome Dinner was at the hotel restaurant.

ETA: stopping by between 10 and 3 got us our gifts and a list of restaurants for on our own time. We did future meal selection as part of the Welcome Dinner.

Our guides put a welcome note under our door the first night. The note asked us to stop by between 10 and 3 the next day but also included a meeting place/time for the Welcome Dinner and their phone numbers so I think it would be fine if you couldn't see them before the dinner.

Our Welcome Dinner was at the hotel restaurant.

ETA: stopping by between 10 and 3 got us our gifts and a list of restaurants for on our own time. We did future meal selection as part of the Welcome Dinner.
Thank you!!!!

Thank you!!!!

For me...I would try to plan on meeting the guides at the earlier part of the day like at 10...just in case dinner could be a different location?

I thought it was expected that people would be arriving at the airport by 1, so it makes sense the tour guides would be waiting at the hotel to give the details of day one.

Our plans are to be back at the airport (we are staying on points at the airport embassy suites...free breakfast, free shuttle back to the airport, etc!) in the earlier AM, get picked up by the driver, and then delivered to the hotel by 10 or 11, giving us the rest of the morning and afternoon to wander over to the tar pits/Roosevelt hotel, to be back at the hotel around 4:30/5.

For me...I would try to plan on meeting the guides at the earlier part of the day like at 10...just in case dinner could be a different location?

I thought it was expected that people would be arriving at the airport by 1, so it makes sense the tour guides would be waiting at the hotel to give the details of day one.

Our plans are to be back at the airport (we are staying on points at the airport embassy suites...free breakfast, free shuttle back to the airport, etc!) in the earlier AM, get picked up by the driver, and then delivered to the hotel by 10 or 11, giving us the rest of the morning and afternoon to wander over to the tar pits/Roosevelt hotel, to be back at the hotel around 4:30/5.

We will be there the night before, but will be at Universal all day on the Sunday, most likely will be back around 3 or 4 I would imagine, but not likely will make the alleged "time window". if we don't hear from them the night before, we will try to get in touch when we get back to the hotel. White Rose, we should exchange info before we go so we can all make sure we can find the dinner!!

Called ABD earlier and they told me dinner being held in the hotel....So I don't know what to think but I have to assume guides will try to call our room etc
Funny thing....that is what I thought too...that the first meal was in the restaurant! But now I am wondering if it could be someplace else - it makes me happy we did not book ' too much' on the Sunday...our plans are quite simple for that day, except that we are starting at another hotel in the morning.

We will be there the night before, but will be at Universal all day on the Sunday, most likely will be back around 3 or 4 I would imagine, but not likely will make the alleged "time window". if we don't hear from them the night before, we will try to get in touch when we get back to the hotel. White Rose, we should exchange info before we go so we can all make sure we can find the dinner!!
I'm happy to exchange info as we get closer! I'm counting down the days till we leave...in another day or so we will be in double digits.

Funny thing....that is what I thought too...that the first meal was in the restaurant! But now I am wondering if it could be someplace else
We did BSM in December and the welcome dinner was in a conference room on the third floor; not in the restaurant.

There was so much in LA I wanted to see - we are arriving 2 days early the one day to do the WB tour and see a movie and the next day for the private LA tour. I love this concept of seeing a laundry list of stuff in 6 hours. I hated to waste an LA day just hanging out for a guide etc. I am sure they will find me. Hanging out till 5 pm for a welcome dinner is to precious of a day to waste for me :)

There was so much in LA I wanted to see - we are arriving 2 days early the one day to do the WB tour and see a movie and the next day for the private LA tour. I love this concept of seeing a laundry list of stuff in 6 hours. I hated to waste an LA day just hanging out for a guide etc. I am sure they will find me. Hanging out till 5 pm for a welcome dinner is to precious of a day to waste for me :)
They will find you. Some folks don't even arrive until just before the welcome dinner. We had a family that arrived *during* the welcome dinner in Greece! They should have your cell phone number(s). Make sure ABD has those. They will either get the info to you the night before, or contact you during the day. Don't worry. If you're unable to meet them during their "meet and greet" time, the Guides will be sure you know everything you need to know. That really should be the least of your worries! If you let ABD know your plans, they'll communicate that to the Guides. It's one of the benefits of doing an ABD. The Adventure Guides are masters at logistics!

Sayhello

They will find you. Some folks don't even arrive until just before the welcome dinner. We had a family that arrived *during* the welcome dinner in Greece! They should have your cell phone number(s). Make sure ABD has those. They will either get the info to you the night before, or contact you during the day. Don't worry. If you're unable to meet them during their "meet and greet" time, the Guides will be sure you know everything you need to know. That really should be the least of your worries! If you let ABD know your plans, they'll communicate that to the Guides. It's one of the benefits of doing an ABD. The Adventure Guides are masters at logistics!

Sayhello

Thanks Sayhello! This was I think the re-assuring answer that everyone was looking for :-) It's hard not to obsess about certain details....

IIRC, there is one restaurant at the hotel. However, if you are thinking that'w where the welcome dinner would be, no it usually isn't held in there.

I am guessing your tour starts before 10 am? We are doing the WB tour after ABD. My new job is giving me a hard time with vacation time even though I told them during the interview process, after I accepted the job and on my first day. The office manager wanted to make sure I know she has seniority and that I am going on vacation the same time she wants! We are taking advantage of the Sunday start, and flying in early Saturday and doing things at the end of the trip after DL, so I can avoid taking extra time off work, so I know all about making sure you get the most out of the trip!

I hope you have fun!

I am guessing your tour starts before 10 am? We are doing the WB tour after ABD. My new job is giving me a hard time with vacation time even though I told them during the interview process, after I accepted the job and on my first day. The office manager wanted to make sure I know she has seniority and that I am going on vacation the same time she wants! We are taking advantage of the Sunday start, and flying in early Saturday and doing things at the end of the trip after DL, so I can avoid taking extra time off work, so I know all about making sure you get the most out of the trip!

I hope you have fun!
Yes I am doing the WB tour THIS Saturday the 4th for 9"30 AM and then on Sunday the 5th the private LA tour at 9 AM....I wasn't really looking forward to the Hollywood leg of the trip until I found the tour guide girl, now it is being a highlight for me. We are on the east coast so am doing 2 days pre trip and 3 days post trip since flying out is the hassle...might as well make good use of it. I will post when I get back. Hope you hae a great trip too

Yes I am doing the WB tour THIS Saturday the 4th for 9"30 AM and then on Sunday the 5th the private LA tour at 9 AM....I wasn't really looking forward to the Hollywood leg of the trip until I found the tour guide girl, now it is being a highlight for me. We are on the east coast so am doing 2 days pre trip and 3 days post trip since flying out is the hassle...might as well make good use of it. I will post when I get back. Hope you hae a great trip too

East coast here, too! We are staying 4 days at the end, Saturday to Tuesday. We are getting 2 day hoppers for sat and Sunday and Sunday night we are transferring back to Burbank, for the deluxe WB tour on Monday!

We did a driving trip 5 years ago from San Diego, (zoos and sea world) to universal studios in LAish area, then DL! We were both suffering from bronchitis when we went there last time, so the trip was a cough syrup medicated blur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter