• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD Backstage Magic -here now

PenguinWaiters

DIS Veteran
Since we came from the east coast we flew in a day early, so our adventure doesn't actually begin until tomorrow. I wanted to answer one question I saw posted which was about getting food on the ride from the airport. I had the same question, as we left home right after breakfast and arrived in LA after our normal dinner time. I asked our driver if he could swing through a drive through just to let us get a quick dinner as our kids were beat after a long day of travel and he said that was no problem. It took us 45 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport so we were able to eat during that time and could get the kids to bed once we checked into the hotel.

We haven't seen anyone from Disney yet so assume they will be in touch tomorrow. We plan to head to El Capitan in the morning to see Inside Out and then visit the LaBrea tar pits after that. Thanks to all who have answered my questions about this trip. I would love to return the favor if anyone has any questions while we are here.

Thank you! Hoping to live vicariously through you...we are planning on the Hollywood hotel and the tar pits in Oct...can you please tell us if you like em and if the tar pits are worth a visit!

Have fun!!

I'll be interest to hear your report on the tar pits.

...and the entire rest of your adventure.

Great first day! The TarPits were really interesting, I'm glad we went there. You can see all of the outside exhibits without an entry fee although I thought the museum was well worth the cost.

There are only 16 of us for this Adventure which seems really small, but they seem like a fun group.

Great first day! The TarPits were really interesting, I'm glad we went there. You can see all of the outside exhibits without an entry fee although I thought the museum was well worth the cost.

There are only 16 of us for this Adventure which seems really small, but they seem like a fun group.

Thank you! It did seem pretty interesting...about how long, would you say, it took you to go through it?

Thank you! It did seem pretty interesting...about how long, would you say, it took you to go through it?

We were there for two+ hours and I felt like we saw a lot. We walked around to all of the pits and visited all of the exhibits inside the Page Museum. We didn't do either of the shows as I thought they might be too intense for my six-year old. We also didn't do an Excavator tour because they were full for the day. So if you plan to do those you would need more time.

We also spent another 45 minutes or so visiting the outside exhibits at LACMA and the Berlin Wall section across the street.

I would recommend a visit. We had a great afternoon!

We were there for two+ hours and I felt like we saw a lot. We walked around to all of the pits and visited all of the exhibits inside the Page Museum. We didn't do either of the shows as I thought they might be too intense for my six-year old. We also didn't do an Excavator tour because they were full for the day. So if you plan to do those you would need more time.

We also spent another 45 minutes or so visiting the outside exhibits at LACMA and the Berlin Wall section across the street.

I would recommend a visit. We had a great afternoon!

I would be interested in knowing when the guides first got in touch with you and also what time the welcome dinner is on the first night. We are coming in a day early as well and are planning on going to Universal so just trying to budget time for when we need to be back for dinner. Thanks! Hope you keep posting more details on how everything is going!

I would be interested in knowing when the guides first got in touch with you and also what time the welcome dinner is on the first night. We are coming in a day early as well and are planning on going to Universal so just trying to budget time for when we need to be back for dinner. Thanks! Hope you keep posting more details on how everything is going!

The guides are usually in the lobby or on the second floor reception area between 10am and 2 or 3pm.

It's a good idea to stop by during that time as they usually have questions about choices for upcoming days.

The Welcome dinner is usually at 5:30 - 5:4ish.

The guides are usually in the lobby or on the second floor reception area between 10am and 2 or 3pm.

It's a good idea to stop by during that time as they usually have questions about choices for upcoming days.

The Welcome dinner is usually at 5:30 - 5:4ish.

Kevin I am doing a tour of LA on the first day of the tour and hadn't planned on being back to totel until close to 3. Is it a big deal if I miss the guides on that initial day and just show up at the welcome dinner? Can I give them the necessary information they need about choices at that time? And what kind of choices do you mean - stuff for optional activities etc?

Kevin I am doing a tour of LA on the first day of the tour and hadn't planned on being back to totel until close to 3. Is it a big deal if I miss the guides on that initial day and just show up at the welcome dinner? Can I give them the necessary information they need about choices at that time? And what kind of choices do you mean - stuff for optional activities etc?

You will be asked to make choices for future meals. I am sure that can be done at the welcome dinner.

You will need to find our where the Welcome Dinner is being held. I'm not sure I've ever been to the same place twice.

You will also need to know what time the dinner is being held.

You will be asked to make choices for future meals. I am sure that can be done at the welcome dinner.

You will need to find our where the Welcome Dinner is being held. I'm not sure I've ever been to the same place twice.

You will also need to know what time the dinner is being held.
Thanks Kevin Will the front desk people know this? I have to say I have called the vacationista people few weeks ago with questions and never heard back. Wonder if they are cast members? I haven't been impressed with anyone I have talked to in that group....

Thanks Kevin Will the front desk people know this? I have to say I have called the vacationista people few weeks ago with questions and never heard back. Wonder if they are cast members? I haven't been impressed with anyone I have talked to in that group....
Would the vacationista people at ABD know the answer? How many restaurants are in this hotel???

Would the vacationista people at ABD know the answer? How many restaurants are in this hotel???

I don't know what the Vacationistas do and don't know.

I believe there is one restaurant at the Loews Hotel, but there many at the attached Hollywood and Highland.

If you have questions, you can email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

You'll get a faster answer as I dont monitor this thread very often.

Google will also answer many questions about the hotel and the attached shopping area.

How many restaurants are in this hotel???
IIRC, there is one restaurant at the hotel. However, if you are thinking that'w where the welcome dinner would be, no it usually isn't held in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter