ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

Very cool! That's something we have in common then. :)

I still need to look up how much per night it is at the Grand.

I think they mentioned the cost for cash reservations through ABD, and it was pretty pricey. Trying to weigh the alternatives available and come up with a semi-affordable plan. :rotfl:

There's no way I'm paying $500 for a cash ressie. I remember hearing that on the show, too. I'm going to use DVC points...hopefully. :)

I'm in!! :cool1:

Hi . . .I'm Dory . .

Just kidding, my name is Shelly and I'm a disneyholic!! :lmao:

Although I've been to WDW wayyyy too many times to count (I'm headed over Saturday for the day), I have NEVER been to Disneyland!! :scared1:

I am sooooo excited!! Not only because it's a once in a lifetime trip, but because I'm going with some good friends and hopefully some new ones!! I can't wait to spend the next year getting to know everyone! It's going to be a awesome trip!!

Oh, and I'm rooming with Nikki (LORD HELP ME!!!) :happytv: :goodvibes

There's no way I'm paying $500 for a cash ressie. I remember hearing that on the show, too. I'm going to use DVC points...hopefully. :)

That's the price I thought I heard - not happening for us either. Using DVC points would be one of our options too, so we're trying to figure out whether it's better to attempt to stay on DVC points or if we'd be better off saving points for something else and paying cash at one of the other Disneyland Resorts. :confused:

Good!! Those don't look very appetizing . .:sick:

Uh huh. Until you try one and are :cloud9: :)

That's the price I thought I heard - not happening for us either. Using DVC points would be one of our options too, so we're trying to figure out whether it's better to attempt to stay on DVC points or if we'd be better off saving points for something else and paying cash at one of the other Disneyland Resorts. :confused:

I'm stretching the dollar with this trip as it is so I have to use DVC points. lol I just looked now for a studio at the Grand...

8/5-8/8 - 90
8/5-8/7 - 64

That's a pretty big difference so I'll probably do the second option. :)

My sister is a teacher too. She is a university professor and is coming as well on the trip.
I myself am a retail manager. Its the perfect time for me to go on vacation its not to busy at work.

Uh huh. Until you try one and are :cloud9: :)

I'm stretching the dollar with this trip as it is so I have to use DVC points. lol I just looked now for a studio at the Grand...

8/5-8/8 - 90
8/5-8/7 - 64

That's a pretty big difference so I'll probably do the second option. :)

The stretched dollars are the main reason we're looking at using points too. With so few villas available and it not being our home resort, I am a bit worried about getting in without the 11 month window. Whatever will be will be! And we'll be there! :goodvibes

My sister is a teacher too. She is a university professor and is coming as well on the trip.
I myself am a retail manager. Its the perfect time for me to go on vacation its not to busy at work.

Excellent!! Jeff and I met working at the Disney Store way back when, in college and while subbing before we were hired full time! We will have TONS to talk about!:yay:

Excellent!! Jeff and I met working at the Disney Store way back when, in college and while subbing before we were hired full time! We will have TONS to talk about!:yay:

Another thing in common!, I was a CM at the Disney Store too. I was there from 1994-2001. I was opening team of Limeridge Mall, In Hamilton Ont and then went to Yorkdale Mall in Toronto, ON when DH and I finished University.

Morning ABDers!! :)

It's a beautiful 71 degrees here on the Jersey Shore! That was definitely a surprise after several weeks of horrid heat waves. I'm wondering if I brought the cool weather from Cali!

What's everyone up to today? I'm still jet lagged, but trying to push through. I need to catch up on the book club selection. Vacation got in the way. I also have a few things to do for work. Hopefully I'll get the urge to do them! ;)

Nikki

Hi Folks!! I'm Margaret friends call me Muggsie. I will be solo on this trip. Like Shelly, I've been to WDW more times then I can count, and I'll also be over there on Saturday, friends are down and we are spending the say with them.

I've been to Disneyland once about 4 years ago. Loved it!! I'm so excited about this trip. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends.

We're trying to decide about staying a few days extra and having my DP and DD come and join me. Not sure if we could swing that.

It's a beautiful 71 degrees here on the Jersey Shore! That was definitely a surprise after several weeks of horrid heat waves. I'm wondering if I brought the cool weather from Cali!

What's everyone up to today? I'm still jet lagged, but trying to push through. I need to catch up on the book club selection. Vacation got in the way. I also have a few things to do for work. Hopefully I'll get the urge to do them! ;)

Nikki

Well right now it is 62 here is Renton, Wa but it's suppose to get to up to 82 degrees today. So far my plans for the day include go to work at Boeing and getting ready to go to the PNW mouse meet tomorrow. Its going to be very cool to see all the special guest they are suppose to have there like Lou Mongello and the live action reference model for Tinkerbell Margret Kerry and many more people. i here there are even going to be storm troopers there.....

P.S. Anyone can have my shrimp I don't care for them

Nikki

Hi Everyone :surfweb: It is a rainy day in the centre of the continent, but the first day under 30C (I think that's about 80-85F) in weeks. Thank goodness 'cause the air-conditioner is gonna konk out if this kept up!:scared1:
I'm sitting here procrastinating from writing an article - academic stuff. Praying to the muses for inspiration :worship:
Dreaming of WDW in Feb, and of COURSE our trip in July.

:dance3:

:confused: So I'd like to add the nametag buttons as countdown tickers to our Feb trip to WDW and of course the July 2011 ABD trip. How do I do that?

Have puzzled over it and now my puzzler is sore. Help!:confused3

Another thing in common!, I was a CM at the Disney Store too. I was there from 1994-2001. I was opening team of Limeridge Mall, In Hamilton Ont and then went to Yorkdale Mall in Toronto, ON when DH and I finished University.

:mickeyjumWOW!! I worked in Woodbridge from 1990 to 1998; I just missed opening by a couple of months (school got in the way, lol!). I met Jeff there when he started in 1993. He also helped open a store; the one in Mays Landing. This is too exciting! Talk about small world! We will have so much to discuss!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter