Aaron & Ethan's Excellent, secret, Adventures

The driver arrived at 1:15 a few minutes early. Aaron & Ethan were upstairs playing with their racetrack, completely OBLIVIOUS to us scampering to get all the luggage into the car...not to mention if they had just looked out the window they would have seen a driver wearing a jacket and hat :rotfl2:
Once all the luggage onboard was completed, we called Aaron & Ethan downstairs, telling them to cut off all TVs, lights, etc....they came down, walked out the front door and Aaron froze :idea:
He immediately asked who that was in our driveway....I proceeded to tell him that we decided to hire a driver to take us to dinner :lmao: :lmao: Allthewhile trying to NOT COMPLETELY CRACK MYSELF UP!!!!!!! :rotfl2:
we get into the van....Aaron is very skeptical...dunno where he gets that from :confused3 and he is whiteasaghost :eek:
We head for the airport....still they are CLUELESS :lmao:
I am SOOOO LOVIN THIS!!!! Me and Randall keep giggleing to ourselves while my DMIL and kids are in the backseat. Then, because they are pretty darn smart...Ethan and Aaron both look into the back of the van and ask if that is all of our luggage :confused3
I answer "I DUNNO" why would we have LUGGAGE GOING TO DINNER??" :rotfl: It seems to suffice for the moment, although I sense they are a bit unbelieving :confused3

We come to the airport....its about 10 minutes from our house....Aaron asked why we are there....actually he asks..."we have NEVER flown....why are we at the airport" to which I reply "well, havent you ever been here?"....they have in the past to pick up someone....I can tell Aaron is getting a bit nervous, he has wrung his hands out a gazillion times...i know, i know, i should feel sorry, but I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVING THIS!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The driver stops, we get out with luggage...Aaron immediately asks...'we have NEVER flown, why are we here???" he is whiteasaghost at this point...to which I very nonchalantly answered...."well boys, we have to take the airplane to get to the restaurant' ...now keep in mind, we have 9:30 reservations at Crystal Palace, so I was telling the truth!! :rolleyes1
Aaron was not too thrilled, but he went along.........
We go through all the rigors of check in, I go to order a wine, then FOREGET THAT I CANT ORDER CUZ ITS SUNDAY...ohhhhhh to get into the air :woohoo:

We finally board the plane...keep in mind, we arrive 2 hours early! :eek: and i am trying to avoid all and any questions like the PLAGUE!!! Do a pretty good job, too....when can we board so i can get a wine??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Nerves are frazzled, DMIL is sooo excited, DH is thinking this is soooo much fun, which it is!!! and Aaron is a freaking nervous wreck, but Ethan is rolling with the punches....I am so excited i can hardly contain myself because THEY STILL HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!! HOW HYSTERICAL IS THAT???!!

You are KILLIN' me with the suspense!!! I've been waiting all day for the 'surprise' part... actually, I've been waiting ALL WEEK!! :lmao: You have no idea how much pixie dust was being sent your way...
Can't wait for the next installment!

Oh my gosh they still have no idea. They didn't notice the magical express luggage tags?? You are good!

Once on the plane, It was me, Aaron and Ethan, then Randall and his mom 2 ailes back....we asked the gentleman across from us if he would switch places with us for about 5 minutes....he was almost non compliant and later learned, that after he spoke to my DMIL he needed a DRINK REALLY BAD..he must have gotten it, or pixie dust found its way to him, because afterward he was soooo nice...anyway...halfway through our very short flght...i missed something called a 50/50 raffle, which would later come into play....much later, so stay tuned!!! :goodvibes
ANYwho....about 20 minutes into our 45 minute flight, I started pulling out gift bags from MICKEY and FRIENDs....
Aaron & Ethan, arriving at the airport, STILL NO CLUE
DSCN3373.jpg

Aaron on the plane, not sure WHAT is going on, still...
DSCN3374.jpg

Watching them look out the window:
DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3377.jpg

How we told them? Letters from Mickey, of course! :lovestruc
DSCN3383.jpg

DSCN3386.jpg

DSCN3387.jpg

At some point, Ethan asked was he dreaming :goodvibes :goodvibes
DSCN3389.jpg

DSCN3391.jpg

NOW THEY KNOW!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

YAY!!! You told them. They look so happy in the pictures. I could never keep it a secret. I give you props for that. :worship:

I can't believe you waited until you were on the plane- I would have cracked on the way to the airport or even before!!! They look so excited!!!

Awwww. I can't tell who was more excited .........the boys or MOM! :rotfl:

Thank you for sharing this with us. :flower3:

yaaaahhh! so cool! wow! you did great!! :cheer2: supercalifragilisticesperlalditoadudjfdaladocious?? or however it goes... i'm so excited i can't think of how it goes...popcorn:: so much fun so little time! :yay: keep it coming sister! btw you all look so nice, you look soo happy, what a good mommy you are! like i said before, adopt me??:cutie:

Oh my gosh, that is sooooo cool how you were able to keep it a secret! For so long too. I think I told my kids....get this....10 minutes after we decieded to go !!!! :confused3 :lmao: DH looked at me and shook his head...heehee:rotfl2:

I WISH I could keep it a suprise like that it would be soooo much fun. Props to you for pulling it off. And you all look so happy and excited in your pictures.

Anxiously awaiting more :)

Once on the plane, It was me, Aaron and Ethan, then Randall and his mom 2 ailes back....we asked the gentleman across from us if he would switch places with us for about 5 minutes....he was almost non compliant and later learned, that after he spoke to my DMIL he needed a DRINK REALLY BAD..he must have gotten it, or pixie dust found its way to him, because afterward he was soooo nice...anyway...halfway through our very short flght...i missed something called a 50/50 raffle, which would later come into play....much later, so stay tuned!!! :goodvibes
ANYwho....about 20 minutes into our 45 minute flight, I started pulling out gift bags from MICKEY and FRIENDs....
Aaron & Ethan, arriving at the airport, STILL NO CLUE

Aaron on the plane, not sure WHAT is going on, still...

Watching them look out the window:

How we told them? Letters from Mickey, of course! :lovestruc

DSCN3387.jpg

At some point, Ethan asked was he dreaming :goodvibes :goodvibes

NOW THEY KNOW!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

This is just priceless. I would have been sobbing. It's too good. You did it!! What a surprise. :woohoo:

Melissa
I made it over to your trip report, Wow this is awesome I'm loving the report and the pictures so far , it was no neat how you kept everything a secret and the pic of the reveal --Priceless:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more :)

This reminds me of a surprise trip for DD for Christmas of 06 .. the week before Christmas I told her she could open one gift ... I wrapped a large box with several smaller wrapped boxes about 10 in all she kept unwrapping each one had a small hint the the last one had we're going to Disney staying at AKL safari view by the way we leave at 3 am , she was so excited then the panic "I have to pack ..not knowing I had already packed most of her things ) This was one of the best trips .

Melissa
I made it over to your trip report, Wow this is awesome I'm loving the report and the pictures so far , it was no neat how you kept everything a secret and the pic of the reveal --Priceless:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more :)

This reminds me of a surprise trip for DD for Christmas of 06 .. the week before Christmas I told her she could open one gift ... I wrapped a large box with several smaller wrapped boxes about 10 in all she kept unwrapping each one had a small hint the the last one had we're going to Disney staying at AKL safari view by the way we leave at 3 am , she was so excited then the panic "I have to pack ..not knowing I had already packed most of her things ) This was one of the best trips .

Ohhh veronica, that sounds like the GREATEST christmas gift!!!! wasnt it so much fun!!!:goodvibes

Wow, I can't believe you kept quiet till you was in the air. And I was thinking about letting the cat out of the bag Friday night ( the night before). How much fun!

Melissa,
What a great trip report and what a special memory for your boys! You know that they will remember that forever and will talk about the time "you surprised them..."

I second what Kari said "I would have been crying as well" - in fact I feel emotional just reading about it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

what a great update and pics.

Love the crystal Palace shirt.

That must have been so much fun!!! :banana: What were their favorite things from their goody bags?

They look so happy! I can't believe you managed to keep it a secret for so long!

Hey Melissa, I made over here to your trip report!!! I am loving it! Makes me remember when I surprised my kiddos last year! Both their teachers knew, all my friends knew. I packed everything. The afternoon we were leaving, I loaded the car and asked my ds (4 at the time), why do you think we have all this luggage and he replies, we are going to GWL LOL I say no, where else would we be going? Finally, he figures Disney and was thrilled! We go to pick up dd from school early and pull her out of gym and she is freaking out something is wrong. I say, no we just have to go. Finally ds blurts out ... we are going to see Mickey Mouse! It was priceless and our best trip so far! It was my gift to them, to start our new lives together after my ugly divorce was finalized.

Okay, enough about me .. I am waiting for more now!!! :surfweb: popcorn::

Hi, Melissa!:wave: Popping in to join your TR! I'm a little late (story of my life!) but I'm here!!!

I don't know how anyone can keep a trip to WDW a surprise! Kudos to you, girl! I couldn't do it.....even in my sleep I talk about my trip!

I can't wait to hear more and see some more of those awesome DISigns. You know you are addicted when you see a shirt/book/letter and say, "Oh, that's XXX's DISign!" :lmao:

Heather:flower3:

Melissa,
What a great trip report and what a special memory for your boys! You know that they will remember that forever and will talk about the time "you surprised them..."

I second what Kari said "I would have been crying as well" - in fact I feel emotional just reading about it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That is sooo true. My parents did the same thing for us back in 1983. Revealed the secret at the terminal. they will definately remember it. I still do.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter