AAAHHHH - Jumping Spiders?!?!?

Pregnant wolf spiders-blech.
I had just moved to Florida and saw one and stepped on it. Hundreds of little babies came swarming out of the Mom! I screamed and did the Mexican Hat dance until I was sure all the buggers were dead!
I hope I got them all.

ok, now they're ewwwwww! I just looked it up, and the article I read said they don't bite or sting, so that's good at least. but yea, call an exterminator asap!!!

evil creatures. I call them Sprickets and my kids constantly tease me about my fear of them. They are in my basement but the only house room I have ever seen them in until very recently was my bathroom. DH caulked it up really well and that took care of that mostly. My cat loves these things so if I see one in the bathroom I just put him in there. However, two weeks ago one was in my kitchen. My kids keep telling me they are in every room, they wouldnt' just go in the bathroom.
I have allergies to chemicals and really don't want to exterminate because a spider scares me, but I'm close to doing it. Caulking the room they are getting in to works, seal up every leak.Then just never go in the basement. They also stare at you.

I just had an exterminator come last week to get rid of these! They are ICKY!!! The guy said that they have had a huge increase in calls for this type of bug this year. We started out only seeing them in the bathroom but within the last couple of weeks or so we started seeing them in other parts of the house.

Okay, seriously, my stomach is turning.:scared: I had my experience with wolf spiders the year we lived in central Florida, and it was not pretty! My son took pics of the mom with all the babies on her back to post for all of his friends to see! I thought I had seen it all until these creatures! OMG! If I saw one of these I don't think I'd be able to sleep peacefully again until I knew for certain they were all gone.

When we came back from Florida last year, we bought a cabin in a very wooded area, and so far so good, knock on wood. We've had some field mice, but an exterminator took care of that, and we've got wild turkeys, hawks, woodpeckers, other assorted birds, and a ground hog or two roaming the grounds, but nothing yucky so far, she says as she keeps her fingers crossed!

Funny story, the first time the exterminator came he asked me if we had snakes. I was like, "well, my husband ran over one when mowing the lawn, :scared1: but other than that, I haven't seen any other than a tiny garter snake sunning himself on one of the pavers. He said he saw some holes around our pond, and was wondering if we had snakes, because he is afraid of snakes! :confused: Afraid of snakes? You are an exterminator, right? Hmmm. I'm thinking this guy is in the wrong field.:lmao:

I feel your pain, we had these in our basement not too long ago. I'm normally not squeemish of bugs, but these things freaked me out!

I was told to use sticky traps (like for mice) also the man in Home Depot recommended that I put diatomaceous earth (if you or someone you know has a pool and uses a sand filter, this is what the sand is) you can spread that in an area where you know you see them, it destroys them. Be sure you have no pets in that area if you use this. We spread it around in our laundry room where we seemed to see these the most and it's been about three weeks since we've seen any.

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

Just don't move to FL where you'll quickly become acquainted with pregnant wolf spiders. :scared1: :lmao:

OMG - I think we had one of those get into our house. I smashed it with a shoe and a bunch of baby spiders ran out! :sick: It makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

When our house was first built a HUGE spider around the size of the palm of my hand got inside, too. I had to throw DH's shoes until I stunned it enough to get close enough to kill it. It dodged 3 shoes by just jumping around. It was so gross!

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Good grief! And people actually move to Florida on purpose?:eek:

Of the 50 species of poisonous snakes, spiders, scorpions, or otherwise creepy critters known to man... 87 of them live in Florida. ;)

Ughh, sprickets!!! I hate those things. Thet are in all the basements around here. Gross.

Oh those things are NASTY. We have them in our garage. I swear one had me cornered and everytime I tried to walk around it, it would jump. I was crying by the time my husband rescued me.

Reading this thread has made me feel like something is crawling up my leg. :scared1:

I would be moving as fast as I could pack :scared1: Nothing worst than a jumping spider :scared:

Eww, eww, EWW!

I'm happy to live in a country that has nothing like that, I really am!

Rich::

OMG - I smashed it with a shoe and a bunch of baby spiders ran out!

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
2.gif

2.gif

I just read about them, you really need to call an extermanator read this:

In addition to mold and fungus, camel
back crickets will feed on fabric. This becomes a
problem in the home since migrating crickets can
cause substantial damage if left unchecked.

I apparently have those crickets in my house too because my cat goes down to the basement and fetches them for us:love:

It is so gross. And they are absolutely HUGE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter