Aaa ?

LBKMAMA

Mom of Two Little Pirates & a Princess
I've noticed alot of posts on various threads about AAA. I don't belong to this...is this something I should investigate. Do they offer better deals then booking directly through Disney...I don't know anything about them. Thanks for any help or suggestions on this.

From what I've researched (allearsnet.com) depending on when you go and which resort you stay at you can get between 10-20% off the resort stay and then alot of people buy their tickets thry ticket mania or undercover tourist. This may save you more money then doing a package deal unless there is a special for when you are going. I'm sure you'll get better more detailed answers eventually.....I'm not a veteran, lol

They do, and you don't even have to book through AAA. You can book a room-only reservation directly through Disney and get the AAA rate. If you want a package with dining, then you do have to book it through AAA directly in order to get the room discount.

I bought an AAA membership just for the Disney discount (we booked a package with dining) and I think it was well worth it.

It never hurts to get a quote. Our TA at AAA said to check and see what price disney was offering on various packages. We just booked an 8 day Thanksgiving Week trip. You do get a percentage off the room. We saved by booking a package Magic your Way with dining and parkhopper. There was no advantage on the dining part - same price, but we saved on the room and the tickets. I priced the package with and without parkhopper option and got the parkhopper option for only $50 more total package. If my memory isn't faulty, it would have been $150 for the parkhopper without AAA. So with my room discounted and my tickets discounted, I am happy. Also, I booked my own airfare. I'm not sure,, but some TA charge a fee per ticket.

We are going in Aug and I didnt have AAA ... I did alot of research and called Disney several times... Anyway... with our flight carrier and times we wanted .. the hotel room and 9 day hoppers.. We saved almost $650 through AAA.. over Disney.. So heck yes.. the 50 membership was well worth it... Keep in mind are AAA agent told us there is a $30 extra charge per flight through them so I ask if I could book them through Disney and she said she would do it for me... (with no extra charge) I am still confused how that all really worked out.. but the ticket prices for the times we wanted actually ended up costing the same through her as they did at the discounted web site.. (a few cases were cheaper then online)
anyway... my best advice is price it online yourself.... call Disney.... and then check with AAA .... They gave me a quote BEFORE I was a member.. they were real good about it... I just called up and said ... I'm not a member but I would be willing to become one if you could give me a good deal"
I gave them my dates and the people in our party and she called me back within 30 mins... Good Luck

I booked through Disney reservations at CSR for July and got a AAA discount. The rooms were going to be $171.00, but with the AAA we are now paying $131.00 a night. I think that's a great deal!

AAA has so many discounts and services, that is really is worth the price. I use it for dining, other hotel reservations, car rentals. I recently went on a spree and decided DD's and I needed new luggage for our WDW trip! They offer discounts on luggage as well (though I did get a bit better on Ebay).

AAA was nice for us when we went. you get certain discounts on resorts and things and you also get preferred viewing for the fireworks and the parades, very good seating i might add!

I'm new to all of this, but booked through AAA and saved off Disney's prices, and also got some nice 'perks' thrown in, like the new Storytelling thing they are offering (according to Disney Cust. Svc, it's AAA only) and a free meal at Planet Hollywood and some other little things.

And like someone else said, the perks of having AAA besides for trip planning are worth it.

Lisa (off to see the 'World' for the first time in 19 days!)

Just confirming again the value of AAA at non-Disney hotels, the REsidence INN in Anaheim AAA rate was $110 per NIGHT less than the rack rate for a May trip. You can get the AAA discount on outside hotels without book through AAA. For WDW packages you do need to book with AAA to get all the price breaks, however working with a private TA has advantages too. If all you want is best price go with AAA, if you want someone to take care of the details of your trip, like ADR's and the Illuminations cruise go with a private TA.

We have always been members of AAA, but only used them for the free maps and local amusement ticket discounts. For this trip, we decided to check them out. We saved on our room which was great. But also, what I have really liked is that all I have to do is let Carol know what I want as far as dinner ressies and she will make them and send me a typed confirmation with the ressie number and everything. It has relieved a ton of stress for our trip! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you get AAA can you put it on your Disney Visa and get the 6 mos no int. to pay? (plus earn the 1%)

LiLIrishChick63 said:
AAA was nice for us when we went. you get certain discounts on resorts and things and you also get preferred viewing for the fireworks and the parades, very good seating i might add!

I didn't know you could get preferred seating with AAA. Do you know if you can book just your tickets with them, we are renting points.

AAA is well worth it. It has saved me so much money. My aunt is not a AAA member but our familes are traveling together AAA but her package on our account and she got the same savings as us, which I thought was very nice. :thumbsup2

AAA use to have a members only room in Tommorow land. I never used it but our AAA TA told us it had free drinks and A/C....not sure if it is still there or not, I'll have to ask TA.

LiLIrishChick63~ I never knew about the seating for fireworks or parades? Do I have to get do I have to get a ticket from AAA or just show my AAA card?

Unregistered~ Ok like I asked LiLIrishChick63 how do I get the storytelling perk and Plant Hollywood.
I'm sorry to ask so many questions....I didn't know I was missing out on so many perks from AAA :confused3

kdsluvdisney said:
Does anyone know if you get AAA can you put it on your Disney Visa and get the 6 mos no int. to pay? (plus earn the 1%)
Yes, you get the 1%, plus the 6 months to pay. I just gave AAA my card to charge my deposit and it showed up this way on my next statement. The AAA agent wasn't sure what to do, but I figured I'd charge it and then call the credit card company if it didn't come through correctly. It did though and there were no special steps required. hope this helps :cool1: :cool1:

i was thinking about this the other day. i thought you had to buy their insurance to get the discount. :blush:
i usually just call disney and get the MMY package, b/c we don't have AAA.

so, now i have a few questions.......

*anual membership is $50.00?
*you don't need to buy their insurance?
*from what i've read here in the past, are there only so many "AAA rooms" per month to go around?
*i want the dining package, is it better to call disney, or AAA directly? (i would like to get room, tickets w/ hopper, and dining w/ 1 phone call if possible, but if not, i'm all about saving some $$$$$$)
*this discount would work with amtrack (auto train)?
*with disney, you pay $200.00 deposit, and have until 45 days before you check in to pay balance. how does payment work with AAA?

and last question, i promise!!! (for now) :teeth:

*how do you get priority seating for parades and fireworks with it??

thanks a ton! and thanks op for this thread!

Well I can answer most of them....I am also still waiting for the answer to the priority seating question :confused3

I'm not sure of the cost of the basic membership plan, I have the plus (i need because I run out of gas so mush :guilty: ) for the plus package I think I paid $75...which would mean that basic is something less then that.

I never buy the insurance and it is not a problem

it is true that there are only so many AAA rooms. I have booked with them for many different trips and have never had a problem. You don't need to be a member to get a price quote call and see if they have the room you want for when you want it and for the price you want if so buy a membership if not...well nothing lost :)

I booked everything with them, room, tckets and meal plan (not air, I'm too picky about that I have to do it myself) i called TA told her what I wanted she called me back 15 mins later and had it all set up perfect.

I'm not sure about train...I have never been on one, but they do discounts on everything else so maybe....I have even noticed that some stores give AAA discounts pretty cool :cool1:

they only require $200 deposit the rest is not due until right before your trip. our final payment is due in august and our trip is in september.

thanks a bunch lorraine!!
i had ressies through disney (resort, park tickets w/ hopper, and dining plan), but i called AAA this am, and i now have ressies through them!

price difference is $250.00 - $48.00 membership fee (i didn't sign dh up, no need) = $202.00 savings! (i did ask, and in michigan there is no cancellation fee up until 45 days before trip)

plus we will save 10% on the auto train with AAA.

not to mention all the restaurants, other hotels, and things right here in our day to day life.

thanks again!......now, if someone would tell us how to get priority seating at fireworks and parades with AAA card..... :rolleyes1 :hourglass :teeth:

Your welcome, I love to help people save money :sunny:

I was just looking at my travel documents and it says that included by AAA to my package is
Planet Hollywood entree and keepsake
Disney character storytelling experience
official AAA vacation luggage tags
and offer AAA Vacation benifits

I most have been missing out by not reading my paper work because on past trips all I got was luggage tags. I am hopeing that te other benifits are the priority seating :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter