AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

Hello, hoping someone can help me. I just booked my trip online for Nov 11-19 online directly with WDW. I didn't see anywhere to put my CAA number for discount. Now that the reservation is made, can I contact someone to adjust the price? Does anyone have a number to call? Thanks!

Just call Disney Central Reservations and ask if they can apply the AAA discount. 407-824-8000.

Thanks for your response. I did try calling back and this time was told I could get the AAA discount on rooms only (if a room is available and it is offered on the room I am looking into...not all rooms have the AAA discount.) It could not be added to a vacation package...which is what I had. The rep suggested that I could either book the room only and tickets separately, or go through AAA travel agent. Is there any negative to purchasing separately and not a package? Also, any benefit to use Disney Travel vs. AAA Travel? The only issue right now is that I cannot get travel insurance if I book a room only. I am also wondering whether WDW will come out with a better PIN discount and I would lose out. Would anyone be able to offer any advice? Has anyone booked a package through WDW and was able to add the AAA discount to the room portion? Thank you.

I'm just a step or two ahead of you on this learning curve.
The only negatives I can see to booking separately, is that you don't get the free round of mini golf, the luggage tags, marina discount, Planet Hollywood $15 voucher, etc. as listed under Magic Your Way section when you go into booking online with Disney.

On the plus side,
- you only pay the first night's room rate as a deposit, and you can cancel up to 5 days before your first night.
- you can still use any PIN codes you find before your travel dates if the offer is a better deal.
- you still get all the benefits of being on-site (travel, extra Magic Hours, etc.)
- AAA sells WDW tickets at a small discount. Or you can call "up to one day in advance" (I was told by a Disney CM) and add tickets to your reservation (at full cost of course) and they'll have them ready at check-in.

Because of all that, and the fact that we plan to drive (no air fare involved) we chose to skip the travel insurance. The risk... is nothing for us, unless something would happen those 5 days before the trip, and then the risk is just one night's room rate. But if you need travel insurance, any insurance agent can probably fix you up.

I called today and finally got a CM who could assist me with the AAA discount.:rolleyes:
She said that as soon as the package prices came out, the AAA prices were available.

Anyways, for dates 4/20-4/28, it was about 10% discount for POR Royal Room and 9% discount for AOA Little Mermaid room.

I haven't booked yet because we're still deciding whether to throw a cruise in the middle of the trip.

I'm just a step or two ahead of you on this learning curve.
The only negatives I can see to booking separately, is that you don't get the free round of mini golf, the luggage tags, marina discount, Planet Hollywood $15 voucher, etc. as listed under Magic Your Way section when you go into booking online with Disney.

On the plus side,
- you only pay the first night's room rate as a deposit, and you can cancel up to 5 days before your first night.
- you can still use any PIN codes you find before your travel dates if the offer is a better deal.
- you still get all the benefits of being on-site (travel, extra Magic Hours, etc.)
- AAA sells WDW tickets at a small discount. Or you can call "up to one day in advance" (I was told by a Disney CM) and add tickets to your reservation (at full cost of course) and they'll have them ready at check-in.

Because of all that, and the fact that we plan to drive (no air fare involved) we chose to skip the travel insurance. The risk... is nothing for us, unless something would happen those 5 days before the trip, and then the risk is just one night's room rate. But if you need travel insurance, any insurance agent can probably fix you up.

Thank you. You provided some great information. I will probably switch my package to a room-only. I am actually going to stay at Universal Orlando a few days before I arrive a WDW and found out today that the insurance will not cover that. So I am probably going to book insurance on my own anyway. Or I would need to purchase two separate policies.

If a pin comes out that is greater than the AAA discount, would you know if I need to change my room-only to a package? I was planning on holding off on buying the tickets until the week I leave.

Thank you. You provided some great information. I will probably switch my package to a room-only. I am actually going to stay at Universal Orlando a few days before I arrive a WDW and found out today that the insurance will not cover that. So I am probably going to book insurance on my own anyway. Or I would need to purchase two separate policies.

If a pin comes out that is greater than the AAA discount, would you know if I need to change my room-only to a package? I was planning on holding off on buying the tickets until the week I leave.

I can't say for sure - I really am just one step ahead of you. I've always booked Disney packages at stated prices and/or didn't even consider a trip until I had a discount offer in hand.

I would think the terms of the offer you receive would determine whether you have to switch to a Disney package or not. Maybe other people have more experience with this and can provide a better answer.

Thank you. You provided some great information. *1 I will probably switch my package to a room-only. I am actually going to stay at Universal Orlando a few days before I arrive a WDW and found out today that the insurance will not cover that. So I am probably going to book insurance on my own anyway. Or I *3 would need to purchase two separate policies.

*2 If a pin comes out that is greater than the AAA discount, would you know if I need to change my room-only to a package? *4 I was planning on holding off on buying the tickets until the week I leave.

*1 - When you switch your package to a room only, your confirmation number will change.

*2 - Any further discounts could also be applied in place of the AAA discount w/o changing that room-only confirmation.

*3 - If you use an insurance provider other than the offer Disney makes, you can cover your entire trip. Travel Guard - same company WDW uses, but different offer - GOLD policy is excellent and affordable. (PM me if you need more info as I use them all the time.)

*4 - As long as you DON'T plan to buy the Disney Dining Plan (only available for purchase on rack-rate rooms), tickets can be added to a room-only discounted rate. Whenever you do add tickets, they must be paid in full at that time.

One more point, if you switch to room-only and add park passes, you won't be able to switch back to a package. Park passes are non-refundable and must be paid in full when adding to room-only. Packages require park pass purchase, which you already DID when you bought non-refundable passes with room-only. A real Catch 22! If unsure, go with a package so you can make any changes up to the date your final payment is due. Or just place a deposit on the room-only and add tickets a few days out from your arrival.

Also, anyone with a AAA membership can get the basic AAA room-only discount. If AAA is offering a package discount, that requires you to work with a travel agent at AAA to book the package discount.

Because of all that, and the fact that we plan to drive (no air fare involved) we chose to skip the travel insurance. The risk... is nothing for us, unless something would happen those 5 days before the trip, and then the risk is just one night's room rate.

I understand about only being charged the first night stay, but what about the tickets? Aren't they non-refundable?

We were able to book BC for April 2013 with a 15% AAA discount today!! :cheer2:

Have you ever booked a room-only before? I am was leaning towards cancelling my package and getting a room-only reservation to get the AAA discount. Would you recommend a room-only? Do you see any negatives to doing this? What are you doing about your tickets? I was probably not going to buy any tickets since I would have to pay for them in full at time of purchase. I also thought in case a PIN comes out for my days of travel.

Have you ever booked a room-only before? I am was leaning towards cancelling my package and getting a room-only reservation to get the AAA discount. Would you recommend a room-only? Do you see any negatives to doing this? What are you doing about your tickets? I was probably not going to buy any tickets since I would have to pay for them in full at time of purchase. I also thought in case a PIN comes out for my days of travel.

We usually book a package, but this year we have annual passes so no ticket worries, and we decided on our trip last week that we would not do the DDP as we just waste too much food.

And believe me, at 15% off, I will still be looking to switch to a military or AP discount if those become available. :goodvibes

You can just purchase your park tickets when you check-in at Disney. That's what we do when we book room only. They can put them right on your room key card then. Takes just a couple of minutes. Room only has it's perks - much better cancellation policy.

You can just purchase your park tickets when you check-in at Disney. That's what we do when we book room only. They can put them right on your room key card then. Takes just a couple of minutes. Room only has it's perks - much better cancellation policy.

I guess it is worth it to do that...I was concerned about the ticket prices going up. Do the ticket prices tend to go up drastically? I will be getting a 5 or 6 day park hopper.

I guess it is worth it to do that...I was concerned about the ticket prices going up. Do the ticket prices tend to go up drastically? I will be getting a 5 or 6 day park hopper.

Well, ticket prices JUST went up, so IMHO I think you would be safe for the next several months at least. I don't know when you are traveling. I guess there is always that chance, but even if they did, I don't think you would be looking at hundreds of dollars. I don't even know how much the tickets went up, maybe someone else can answer. I think Annual Passes had the biggest jump in price.

Well, ticket prices JUST went up, so IMHO I think you would be safe for the next several months at least. I don't know when you are traveling. I guess there is always that chance, but even if they did, I don't think you would be looking at hundreds of dollars. I don't even know how much the tickets went up, maybe someone else can answer. I think Annual Passes had the biggest jump in price.

If I was going this year or in the beginning of 2013, I would not be concerned. But I am planning on going in the Fall 2013. I am trying to find hystorical prices, but am not having any luck. Although it may not necessarily mean anything, but I was curious what the prices were in the past three years.

If I was going this year or in the beginning of 2013, I would not be concerned. But I am planning on going in the Fall 2013. I am trying to find hystorical prices, but am not having any luck. Although it may not necessarily mean anything, but I was curious what the prices were in the past three years.

Disney typically increases their ticket prices by 5% to 8% each year, usually between June and August. Once you buy tickets that are not part of a package, they are nonrefundable. However, they do not expire so you can use them for a future trip. The best deal for WDW tickets is undercover tourist. If you subscribe to the mousesavers.com monthly newsletter, you will receive a special link to undercover tourist which will save you more $ on tickets. The newsletter is e-mailed around the 15th of each month. Depending on the ticket type, undercover tourst will save you $10 to $20 per ticket.

Today was the first day I could book my Dec. 2 -13, 2003 dates at the Poly. CM insisted AAA rate was not available for 2013 yet. I asked him to please check. He did and came back with what equates to a 10% discount. I was hoping for 15, but it's a good start!!!

As long as you DON'T plan to buy the Disney Dining Plan, tickets can be added to a room-only discounted rate. Whenever you do add tickets, they must be paid in full at that time.

CAUTION: if you switch to room-only AND ADD park passes at that time, you won't be able to switch back to a package. Park passes are non-refundable and must be PAID-IN-FULL IF adding to room-only. Packages require a park pass purchase, which, if you added when you booked and paid for with room-only, are non-refundable. A real Catch 22!

If unsure, stay with package and make changes up to date final payment is due. Or place a deposit on room-only and add tickets a few days out from or on your arrival.

Anyone with a AAA membership can get basic AAA room-only discount. If AAA is offering a package discount, that requires working with a AAA travel agent to book.

Just restating my earlier post for clarity. :)

Today was the first day I could book my Dec. 2 -13, 2003 dates at the Poly. CM insisted AAA rate was not available for 2013 yet. I asked him to please check. He did and came back with what equates to a 10% discount. I was hoping for 15, but it's a good start!!!

I was able to book YC with a 15% if your interested...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter