• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A

Yup, those meals from WPE look so tasty! I wish I had access to that place locally so I could try more items on the menu. The one bad thing about having favorites at a restaurant is having to get that one dish when at the restaurant once a year and not being able to try new things!

Yay for boarding the ship!

Yup, those meals from WPE look so tasty! I wish I had access to that place locally so I could try more items on the menu. The one bad thing about having favorites at a restaurant is having to get that one dish when at the restaurant once a year and not being able to try new things!

Yay for boarding the ship!

You are so totally right! It's hard to pass up a favorite menu item to try something new when you only get somewhere once a year at the most!!

Awwww...what a sweet picture with Jasmine.

That kids club is absolutely adorable!

Sorry you didn't make the meet and greet.

The sail away sounds like fun and DD is certainly enjoying that ice cream. :goodvibes

Awwww...what a sweet picture with Jasmine.

That kids club is absolutely adorable!

Sorry you didn't make the meet and greet.

The sail away sounds like fun and DD is certainly enjoying that ice cream. :goodvibes

It was pretty cool to just "run into" characters on the ship -- no line or crowd!

And the ice cream was yummy, but a huge MESS! :rotfl:

Awww I like the idea of being announced as you board. very classy. And then just run in Jasmine??? Heaven.

Nice room. And looks to be about the size of a Disney value, lol. Which considering this is on a boat is really saying something.

Hey there!! I'm finally back from our trip and back on the DIS! I sure missed a ton of updates! But I am caught up now and loving your report. Looks like you had a great evening at DTD and then a great pre-cruise morning. What a great idea to enjoy a nice breakfast at WDW before heading out. Can't wait to hear all about your awesome cruise. :cheer2:

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you made a good decision going to Enchanted Garden - definitely see the idea of having a table being appealing - especially will all you luggage and that precious beer ;)

Sorry you didn't make the FB meet up but I totally understandderstand your body needing a rest after gearing up for and then the excitement in getting to board.

But ice cream always helps

We love the ice-cream machine! We must have had about 900 cones in the course of one week! :)

Our plan of attack for getting on the ship has always been the same, I try to be one of the first ones on, get poolside seats, put the kids in suits, plop the luggage down & run off and bring the food back to the pool area.

I know how fast Lido gets crowded so I think that's why I always stress myself out worrying if I'll be one of the first one. So far, it's worked out for me!

We were on floor 7 too- and I like that location- although might have gone with 8 in hindsight (just because we walked the stairs mostly and it seemed like a lot going up to 11). Our room looked just like yours.. and seeing it just now in your picture- made me realize I miss the boat! :)

Awww I like the idea of being announced as you board. very classy. And then just run in Jasmine??? Heaven.

Nice room. And looks to be about the size of a Disney value, lol. Which considering this is on a boat is really saying something.

The room size wasn't bad at all -- good storage makes all the difference! :thumbsup2

Hey there!! I'm finally back from our trip and back on the DIS! I sure missed a ton of updates! But I am caught up now and loving your report. Looks like you had a great evening at DTD and then a great pre-cruise morning. What a great idea to enjoy a nice breakfast at WDW before heading out. Can't wait to hear all about your awesome cruise. :cheer2:

Welcome back, so glad you joined in!! Breakfast a AKL was the perfect way to start the day -- plus, we weren't super hungry waiting to board the ship!! :goodvibes

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you made a good decision going to Enchanted Garden - definitely see the idea of having a table being appealing - especially will all you luggage and that precious beer ;)

Sorry you didn't make the FB meet up but I totally understandderstand your body needing a rest after gearing up for and then the excitement in getting to board.

But ice cream always helps

That beer -- and my single serve bottles of Champagne -- were obviously our biggest concern! :lmao: I was sad to miss the meet-up, but the rest and unpacking time was important!

We love the ice-cream machine! We must have had about 900 cones in the course of one week! :)

Our plan of attack for getting on the ship has always been the same, I try to be one of the first ones on, get poolside seats, put the kids in suits, plop the luggage down & run off and bring the food back to the pool area.

I know how fast Lido gets crowded so I think that's why I always stress myself out worrying if I'll be one of the first one. So far, it's worked out for me!

We were on floor 7 too- and I like that location- although might have gone with 8 in hindsight (just because we walked the stairs mostly and it seemed like a lot going up to 11). Our room looked just like yours.. and seeing it just now in your picture- made me realize I miss the boat! :)

That's a good plan! We'll try that next time :goodvibes

Totally agree about floor 8 being a good option -- we are stair walkers too, and with a toddler, one less flight would have been nice! But, 7 and 8 are sort of in between the main areas, so it worked pretty well!

And, going back and looking at our pictures is making me very nostalgic for the trip! :love:

Love hearing all these details. Nice that she was able to take a nap before the muster. The room looks really nice, what was your set up for her sleeping? I see there is a curtain separating your bed from the living area.

Love the ice cream just being out and ready to enjoy!

Beautiful picture of you guys with Jasmine!

I have seen pics online of The Kids Club and it looks SOOOOOO identical to the real Andy's room- my boys would flip!! I'm still counting on 2016! :)))

Hi Julie! I'm loving your cruise photos - especially your DD with Jasmine and the photo of her with melty ice-cream! Too adorable.

Seeing your photos of the Port Canaveral cruise port brings back great memories. We've not cruised out of that port since 2006. I remember watching web-cams to get my fix once a week!

Looks like a great start to the sea part of your trip. :)

Yay for boarding the ship! :cool1:

That kids club (Andy's room) is awesome! We just had a Toy Story marathon here yesterday and Izzy would probably get such a kick out of seeing that now. I wonder if the Dream has the same thing? I know she's not old enough to go to the kids club, but we can explore at the open house, right?

Sounds like I made a good call by getting a stateroom on deck 8 of the Dream! :cool1:

Looking forward to more!

Hi :wave: joining in. It looks like I made it just in time to sail away. Looking forward to hearing all about the cruise. My family will take our first Disney Cruise in May so I'm loving reading everyone's adventures at sea.

Beautiful picture of you guys with Jasmine!

I have seen pics online of The Kids Club and it looks SOOOOOO identical to the real Andy's room- my boys would flip!! I'm still counting on 2016! :)))

Isn't it really lifelike! It was really cute - definitely DD's favorite part of the kid's club!

Hi Julie! I'm loving your cruise photos - especially your DD with Jasmine and the photo of her with melty ice-cream! Too adorable.

Seeing your photos of the Port Canaveral cruise port brings back great memories. We've not cruised out of that port since 2006. I remember watching web-cams to get my fix once a week!

Looks like a great start to the sea part of your trip. :)

The webcams are fun to watch, but such a tease too!! :lmao:

Yay for boarding the ship! :cool1:

That kids club (Andy's room) is awesome! We just had a Toy Story marathon here yesterday and Izzy would probably get such a kick out of seeing that now. I wonder if the Dream has the same thing? I know she's not old enough to go to the kids club, but we can explore at the open house, right?

Sounds like I made a good call by getting a stateroom on deck 8 of the Dream! :cool1:

Looking forward to more!

Exactly, DD was under 3y, so she had to use the nursery...but there was the open house on boarding day, and then several open house time slots during the cruise where we could take her in to play. I think the Dream has a very similar set-up!

And 8th floor is perfect! :thumbsup2

Hi :wave: joining in. It looks like I made it just in time to sail away. Looking forward to hearing all about the cruise. My family will take our first Disney Cruise in May so I'm loving reading everyone's adventures at sea.

Welcome!! Thanks so much for joining in!!! I loved reading cruise TR when we were planning! :cheer2:

WOW!!!!!! You have had a whirlwind!!!

Congratulations on Baby # 2. Do you know what you are having yet? We didnt find out with our second but we want one more and because I have two boys, I will have to know in advance if we would finally have a girl or have another boy. HEHE!

I think one last Disney trip as a family of 3 sounds perfect!

WOW!!!!!! You have had a whirlwind!!!

Congratulations on Baby # 2. Do you know what you are having yet? We didnt find out with our second but we want one more and because I have two boys, I will have to know in advance if we would finally have a girl or have another boy. HEHE!

I think one last Disney trip as a family of 3 sounds perfect!

Thank you!!! Yes, it's been a whirlwind....and believe it or not, a trip to Disney sounds very relaxing right now (though, I know to most, it isn't a relaxing trip! Haha!).

No, we're not finding out the gender...we did not with DD, and won't this time either! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter