• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A

OMG that is something I am always trying to do... spot Disney from the plane. Hasn't happened yet though.

DISmeet right off the bat. Love it!!!

Spotting WDW from the plane is always a treat. One time, on a late flight out, we got to see some of Wishes as we took off. Great update!

Yeah for arriving safely - and early! And to see WDW from the plane and an unexpected DISMeet - tons of Disney before you even get there :goodvibes

The pic of your daughter and husband walking in their pool gear is really sweet

Arrival day is the most exciting part of the Disney trip!! I just love the feeling!

Love the pics of POR! We fell in love with it like you- we were only there two nights so of course-flew by. :(((

It was crazy we were on the same flight to Disney! I saw you guys heading to your seats. But, I was in my window seat and there were already people in the seats next to me. I did want to seem like a crazy person yelling across people to say hi to folks I haven't met before. So, I stalked you guys getting off the plane instead. :lmao:

It was lovely meeting your family, no matter how brief. Next time well plan for something a bit longer. :thumbsup2

:yay::yay: for an update. I have found that a lot of us have been very busy this summer. :)

:thumbsup2 on getting a picture and :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on arriving 20 minutes early.

I'm so glad your room was ready and that you enjoyed the resort. I love that quiet pool area...it looks very pretty and peaceful.

The daddy/daughter picture walking warmed my heart.

Aww, thanks! It was a great arrival day --- and since we had such little time at WDW, even an extra 15-20 min was appreciated!! :thumbsup2

Just found your TR and subbed in! Great pics and narrative! Looking forward to more, especially about your cruise. DW and I are going for the first time this October! :thumbsup2

Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in!! :goodvibes You guys will have a wonderful cruise in October!! Are you doing the Fantasy? Which itinerary?

Joining in too. Great report so far. So glad that you loved POR. We are WL people but are going to give it a try next time around. I'm feeling better about my choice now.

Thanks so much for joining in - so glad to have you!! :) We love WL, and that was part of why we loved POR so much...Alligator Bayou had a similar feel for us!

OMG that is something I am always trying to do... spot Disney from the plane. Hasn't happened yet though.

DISmeet right off the bat. Love it!!!

I was really excited to see it --- seems like it should be SO easy to spot, but it's harder than you'd think! :thumbsup2

Spotting WDW from the plane is always a treat. One time, on a late flight out, we got to see some of Wishes as we took off. Great update!

Ooh, now that would be REALLY cool!! Wishes from the plane! :thumbsup2

Yeah for arriving safely - and early! And to see WDW from the plane and an unexpected DISMeet - tons of Disney before you even get there :goodvibes

The pic of your daughter and husband walking in their pool gear is really sweet

It was an excellent start to the trip!! And, DD and DH make a very fun pair pirate:princess:

Arrival day is the most exciting part of the Disney trip!! I just love the feeling!

Love the pics of POR! We fell in love with it like you- we were only there two nights so of course-flew by. :(((

I love that feeling too --- the familiar sights and smells --- love it! :goodvibes

It was crazy we were on the same flight to Disney! I saw you guys heading to your seats. But, I was in my window seat and there were already people in the seats next to me. I did want to seem like a crazy person yelling across people to say hi to folks I haven't met before. So, I stalked you guys getting off the plane instead. :lmao:

It was lovely meeting your family, no matter how brief. Next time well plan for something a bit longer. :thumbsup2

Hi there! It was fun to meet a fellow DC-Disney fan!! :goodvibes

Yay for an impromptu DIS meet! Sometimes I think those are better than the planned ones. I get nervous about pretty much everything, so I know I'd get nervous thinking about a scheduled meet. If it just happens spur of the moment, I can just enjoy finally meeting someone in person!

How fun to have a DIS-friend on your flight!

Love POR - it's so nice and peaceful to walk around. Looks like you had a good time at the pool.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner and Downtown Disney.

She looks so grown up!! Wow! The room looks fantastic and nice idea to grab some food and bring it to the pool! Looking forward to more!

That resort looks really nice!

We were supposed to stay there in October but we are cancelling that trip (so we can go to Hawaii! YHEA!).... but someday I'll stay there!!!

Looks like a good start to the trip! More! More!!!

:)

Yay for an impromptu DIS meet! Sometimes I think those are better than the planned ones. I get nervous about pretty much everything, so I know I'd get nervous thinking about a scheduled meet. If it just happens spur of the moment, I can just enjoy finally meeting someone in person!

I'd be nervous too!! It was a fun surprise! :banana:

How fun to have a DIS-friend on your flight!

Love POR - it's so nice and peaceful to walk around. Looks like you had a good time at the pool.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner and Downtown Disney.

POR was very peaceful -- lots of beautiful walking paths! I wish we'd had time to walk over to POFQ -- I bet walking along the river is nice too! :)

She looks so grown up!! Wow! The room looks fantastic and nice idea to grab some food and bring it to the pool! Looking forward to more!

Amazing how quickly they go from baby to big kid, huh?? Something about eating lunch poolside that you makes you really feel like you are on vacation! :goodvibes

That resort looks really nice!

We were supposed to stay there in October but we are cancelling that trip (so we can go to Hawaii! YHEA!).... but someday I'll stay there!!!

Looks like a good start to the trip! More! More!!!

:)

I suppose if you have to cancel a Disney trip, Hawaii isn't a bad excuse! :laughing:

Subbing! Off to a great start, don't know if you mentioned it or not but is this your first cruise? I love cruising, really couldn't say what I love more WDW or cruising because I love them both so much! your daughter is adorable! Looks like she is a good traveler! I squinted and I saw spaceship earth! We never fly over disney, I always look but never see it :( my only good view of disney overhead is on Everest or TOT

Was it hard being on Disney property without going to the parks? I mean the cruise is fabulous obviously, but I would be itching to get into a park!

Great update. Sounds like you did a good job of enjoying non-park things that you don't normally get to on a WDW trip. Nice to have time to wander Downtown Disney at a leisurely pace! Food and dessert look good! Also nice that you were able to take the boat to and from. And you saw some YeeHaw Bob! We have wanted to do that, but it's never worked out in our schedule. Sounds like a full day of fun! :thumbsup2

Great update! I never thought of eating at WPE, but after seeing that sandwich, I think I'm gonna be trying it.

I LOOOOOVE Wolfgang Puck.... Everything I've eaten there has been great!

Also, that sundae looked yummy! My new obsession is sea salt caramel chocolate stuff.

Good job on resisting buying stuff- that's a feat in itself at Disney! :)

sounds like a really nice evening ... and good job out of you resisting buying anything!

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of that salad from WPE but it looks really, really good!

Nice night time pictures - and cool you got the volcano erupting.

Glad your daughter had fun dancing! :goodvibes

What a fun evening you had! Love that you can just take the boat from POR - we never did that when we stayed at that resort in December 2012. Nice to do a little shopping, dinner at WPE is great!! My mom and I (and Aria) ate there in March '13 and I was impressed with the quality esp being a QS. So nice you can get wine too!

I still want to take that balloon ride! It's so pretty in the photos.

Can't wait to hear about your embarkation day! And Boma! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter