A Year Late, But Worth The Wait!!

Love the update! Poly is at the top of my wish list for resorts to stay at. I wanted to do the character breakfast @ CP on our last trip. But, Reid is not really into Pooh & friends, so we skipped it.

:woohoo: on checking in at The Poly!!!

It looks awesome - love all the rooms pics and would love to stay here one day :lovestruc

Yay on meeting all the characters at CP! I love the photo of Tigger with mum and stepdad. Also your ESPN shirt is a great buy - I laughed out loud when I read it! :laughing:

Enjoy your long summer break before college!!

Love the update! Poly is at the top of my wish list for resorts to stay at. I wanted to do the character breakfast @ CP on our last trip. But, Reid is not really into Pooh & friends, so we skipped it.

Thanks! We love the Poly! It's a beautiful resort! CP breakfast is great! Too bad Reid doesn't like Pooh and friends,but hopefully he'll change his mind and you'll get to enjoy it someday!! :goodvibes

:woohoo: on checking in at The Poly!!!

It looks awesome - love all the rooms pics and would love to stay here one day :lovestruc

Yay on meeting all the characters at CP! I love the photo of Tigger with mum and stepdad. Also your ESPN shirt is a great buy - I laughed out loud when I read it! :laughing:

Enjoy your long summer break before college!!

Thanks! :goodvibes I love the Poly! It's my favorite!

I love breakfast at CP! I know, that pic was too funny!!

Thank you! We bought it at the ESPN store on the BW the day before, I just had to get it!! :goodvibes

One thing about traveling in July is the amount of South American tour groups! They seem to take over the parks, and from our experiences, are rude and pushy too! When we went there were so many groups, and they always seem to frequent the parks we do! :rotfl: We can't get away! Just look at those yellow shirts!

100_1370.jpg

100_1369.jpg

We headed over to BTMRR to get FPs, and passed Splash because we had already ridden it last time and the line was VERY long! I did get to snap a few pics this time though!

100_1272.jpg

100_1273.jpg

Then we decided to take a ride on the Liberty Belle. We hadn’t done this in a really long time, so mom thought it would be nice. It was, but it was also hot and crowded! Mom got some nice pictures of the scenery though.

100_1278.jpg

100_1283.jpg

Waiting for the boat to load

100_1284.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

After the boat ride, we decided to wait in line for Haunted Mansion since it wasn’t too long.

100_1292.jpg

100_1291.jpg

100_1294.jpg

Hahaha, remember in the Haunted Mansion we were surrounded by an enormous group of the South American tourists and they were sooooooo loud that one of the CMs came over and yelled at them, but they wouldn't shut up and he threatened to throw them out? Everyone who wasn't in the tour group cheered the CM :lmao:! hahahahah!

Hahaha, remember in the Haunted Mansion we were surrounded by an enormous group of the South American tourists and they were sooooooo loud that one of the CMs came over and yelled at them, but they wouldn't shut up and he threatened to throw them out? Everyone who wasn't in the tour group cheered the CM :lmao:! hahahahah!

YES!! Thank you for adding that, mom!! That was too funny (and annoying because of the tour groups haha) :lmao:

Oh, the Poly looks so beautiful! I'll get to see it for the first time in September when we have dinner at 'Ohana!

And we love breakfast at CP with Pooh & friends! I have some great pics from our previous trips there!

I can not get over that sea of yellow shirts! :scared1:

And that's great about the CM yelling at the group to be quiet! :worship:

Oh, the Poly looks so beautiful! I'll get to see it for the first time in September when we have dinner at 'Ohana!

And we love breakfast at CP with Pooh & friends! I have some great pics from our previous trips there!

We love the Poly! The atmosphere is so incredible and relaxing! Yay! I'm glad you get to go this fall! I've never been to 'Ohana (surprisingly :goodvibes) so I'm curious to see how you like it!

It's a great place to start off your day in the MK because everyone's (usually :rotfl:) so friendly and the characters get you in the mood for the magic! Plus the food is really really good :goodvibes

I can not get over that sea of yellow shirts! :scared1:

And that's great about the CM yelling at the group to be quiet! :worship:

Oh my goodness, I know! It was crazy, and that's just one group! HAHA they were everywhere!!! But if you don't let them bother you, then they can't spoil your fun! :goodvibes

And yes! They were so loud, but that was hilarious when the CM was like actually yelling at them! :rotfl: Mom and I almost died because we were saying the same thing (but quieter of course)!!! :lmao:

We went into Fantasyland to ride Small World and get FPs for Peter Pan.

100_1296.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_1301.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1313.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1319.jpg

100_1332.jpg

100_1359.jpg

It was time for a potty break, but I didn’t have to go, so I snapped a few pictures of the buildings.

100_1361.jpg

100_1362.jpg

It was time to leisurely walk back to Frontierland to ride BTMRR.

100_1366.jpg

We saw a few Toy Story favorites on the way!

100_1367.jpg

Funny story: we’re boarding BTMRR (mom and step dad together, me alone). I get into the seat, and all of a sudden this Hispanic girl about my age slides- no CRAMS herself into the seat next to me! :eek: I was shocked because she was instructed to go on the next train, and here she was next to me! I think she realized she made a mistake once we headed out of the station, but of course it was too late. :laughing: I knew my mom and step dad were CRACKING up, and I couldn’t turn around because I would lose it! It made it even worse that she barely spoke English and we would ram into each other every time we turned a corner! It was definitely the most awkward ride I have ever had! The second our train stopped to unload, I jumped out and ran out the exit before I started laughing hysterically! :lmao: Phew!

Finally out of there, we headed over to use our FPs for Peter Pan, on the way taking pictures of the scenery!

100_1371.jpg

100_1372.jpg

100_1374.jpg

100_1375.jpg

After PP we went to get FPs for Winnie the Pooh, and SURPRISE! We got surprise FPs for Mickey’s Philharmagic! :woohoo:

100_1379.jpg

So we went right in since the next show was starting soon! It was really nice because it’s not something we normally do in WDW. We’ve seen it of course, but it’s not a must-do for us, so we usually skip it. I was excited to see it again, and I actually laughed out loud quite a bit! After the show, we headed over to ride Winnie the Pooh.

100_1380.jpg

100_1381.jpg

100_1382.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1386.jpg

100_1390.jpg

100_1395.jpg

100_1404.jpg

It was past lunchtime, so we were getting hungry. We headed over to Cosmic Rays, and it was CROWDED! Like angry moms snapping at other angry moms! Eek! :eek: We made it safely to the counter to order a cheeseburger for step dad and I and a Greek salad for mom. Now finding a table is a whole other story! Step dad and I scouted the entire restaurant, dodging angry moms and screaming children. Finally,,,,a table! One tiny table open on the first floor! I ran (I mean RAN) as fast as I could without hurting anyone (or myself). Snag! I scored big! I almost started doing the happy dance right there! :banana: Mom and step dad found me, and we ate our meal quickly to avoid being trampled by other desperate guests! So quickly in fact that I was not able to take a picture of our meal! Oh well, our meal tonight would make up for it!!

Wow at them tour groups - am glad the CM said something to them!

Great pics of It's a Small World. Eek at the story of the girl cramming herself next to you - does not sound like a pleasant experience. Am glad you managed to contain your laughter until after the ride!! :laughing:

Btw I love, love, love the castle pic at the end of the update :lovestruc

Edit: Am looking forward to hearing where you ate that night after all the chaos at Cosmic Rays!

I just found your trip report and I am subbing!!!

What days in July did you go on this trip because I was also in Disney in July?

Love the photo of the castle... great perspective!

You guys really did laugh a lot on your trip! :rotfl2:

Wow at them tour groups - am glad the CM said something to them!

Great pics of It's a Small World. Eek at the story of the girl cramming herself next to you - does not sound like a pleasant experience. Am glad you managed to contain your laughter until after the ride!! :laughing:

Btw I love, love, love the castle pic at the end of the update :lovestruc

Edit: Am looking forward to hearing where you ate that night after all the chaos at Cosmic Rays!

Me too!! :laughing:

Thank you! We took a lot of them! HAHA I know that was too funny, and shocking! I was still in shock until the ride stopped! :rotfl:

Thank you! I love castle pictures :goodvibes

Oh it was delicious, and so fun! ;)

I just found your trip report and I am subbing!!!

What days in July did you go on this trip because I was also in Disney in July?

Welcome! Glad you're in!! :goodvibes

We were there from July 8th- 19th. Wonder if we saw you! Where did you stay?

Love the photo of the castle... great perspective!

You guys really did laugh a lot on your trip! :rotfl2:

Thank you! :goodvibes

We really did laugh a lot! :laughing: We have a hard time keeping it together sometimes!

Just missed you! We were there from June 23- July 3 and we stayed at the Contemporary

Really enjoying your TR! Your pictures are great! We just returned a few weeks ago from our trip and your pictures are bringing back so many memories!

We are from VT too!

Congratulations on your graduation from Vermont Academy! :cool1: We live only about 10 miles from there!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, hope you have more to share!

Great update & great pictures! I really enjoyed that one picture looking up at the castle.

Just missed you! We were there from June 23- July 3 and we stayed at the Contemporary

Oh darn! Just by a couple days! I hope you had a great trip though!!

Really enjoying your TR! Your pictures are great! We just returned a few weeks ago from our trip and your pictures are bringing back so many memories!

We are from VT too!

Congratulations on your graduation from Vermont Academy! :cool1: We live only about 10 miles from there!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, hope you have more to share!

Thank you! We took a ton of pics this trip! haha :)

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana:
Woooo!!! Welcome fellow Vermonter! That's awesome (and surprising!!) :rotfl:

Thank you! Oh really? It's a really pretty campus!

Thank you, we have tons! :goodvibes Thanks for joining!

Great update & great pictures! I really enjoyed that one picture looking up at the castle.

Thank you! I like that one too :goodvibes It makes me feel like I'm there walking by the castle! *Sigh* :goodvibes

After lunch, we headed back to the hotel because we had to do laundry and explore a bit before our dinner!

On the way back from the monorail.

100_1406.jpg

100_1407.jpg

100_1408.jpg

100_1409.jpg

When we returned to our room we found cards and chocolate waiting for us because of our celebrations!! It was so sweet!

100_1410.jpg

100_1412.jpg

100_1414.jpg

100_1413.jpg

Mom took some great pictures of the view from our room!

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

Okay, we NEEDED to do laundry! But, our room was on the complete opposite side of the resort from the laundry room. Figures. Well, we gathered up our dirty clothes and trudged across the beautiful resort! It was beginning to get cloudy, and we figured it was time for the regular 3pm thunder storm, so we decided to hurry up! HOWEVER! When we got to the laundry room, we discovered that the change machine was broken. Cool. We schlepped over to the Great Ceremonial House where we broke a few bills for change at the gift store. Back we went to the laundry room, only to find that there was no laundry detergent in the machine either! Okay, this is getting ridiculous! We went BACK to the GCH to buy detergent, and FINALLY we were able to start our laundry!!!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter