A Year Late, But Worth The Wait!!

More great pics!

Those desserts look soooo yummy... I bet they tasted yummy, too!

:goodvibes Thank you! Oh they were!! :love:

LOVE how you're describing our trip, Em!!! Not too much text but tons of pics, that's awesome!!! I could use some CP dinner right about now, I'm starving!!! :lmao:

Thanks Mom! Yeah I don't remember too many details, so the text is limited! But we did take a bunch of great pics! Oh yeah me too!! :goodvibes

Hey there! Popped on over to join in on your fun! It seems like you have a really great, sweet relationship with your mother. I love it! I hope when my little Reid gets to be your age, he still loves Disney as much as you do! Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

:wave2: Hi! Glad you're here! Yes I do, and I'm lucky to be so close to her!! :goodvibes I bet he will be! However, I have never been this obsessed with Disney as I am now :lmao: I guess I never really appreciated it for all that it is! :goodvibes

Found your report today and just finished reading the whole thing.

You all had so much fun and I love that you all get the giggles and just have a great time. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My daughter graduated class of 2010 and we celebrated in January 2011 at WDW of course! :lovestruc:goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates. :thumbsup2

Welcome!! Glad you're reading!!

Yes we did, it was awesome! And we definitely get the giggles A LOT! :lmao:

Oh awesome! WDW is the perfect place for graduation celebrations!! I hope you had a great time! :goodvibes

Garden Grove looks great - I have not read many reviews of this place :thumbsup2

Love that you got to dance with Goofy! Also wow on them desserts - they look gorgeous! :lovestruc

I had to laugh at the spontaneous shot your mum got - at least you will be able to laugh over it every time you see it!! :laughing:

It really is! I have not either, but my mom had eaten there on her last trip and booked an ADR for us. I was unsure of the food, but it was delicious! :thumbsup2

The characters are great! Especially since there were very few families there! We were able to interact a lot with them!! :woohoo:

HAHA :rotfl: That picture was too funny! I think I was actually crying after I saw it! I'm chuckling now thinking about it!! :lmao:

Day 7:

Wednesday morning we had yet another pool day, and we packed up our clothes because we were leaving the Dolphin tomorrow morning! We had lunch at the Fountain, where we met Steve Bliss (an Ohio State University football coach). He was there for a strength and conditioning conference. This conference was huge too!! There were so many coaches and trainers here! I was really excited because that is the field of study I want to do in college, so seeing this conference made me REALLY excited!!! Anyway, Steve Bliss was a very nice man and had a great convo with my parents (we’re big O.S.U. fans!!). After our lunch, we hung out at the hotel, and explored the different floors! After a while of hanging out in the room, we headed out to DHS! We had ADRs for dinner at Mama Melrose.
100_1177.jpg

We were given bread and oil
100_1162.jpg

I had tomato and mozzarella salad to start
100_1163.jpg

And Chicken Parmesan for my entrée
100_1165.jpg

Step Dad had Sausage and Pasta
100_1167.jpg

And mom had Bruschetta to start
100_1164.jpg

And Penne alla Vodka for her entrée
100_1166.jpg

The atmosphere of the place was really cool!! And I loved the pictures on the walls!
100_1153.jpg

100_1156.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

For dessert I had Cannolli Cake
100_1169.jpg

Step Dad had Hazelnut Cheesecake
100_1170.jpg

Mom had Grand Marnier
100_1171.jpg

After dinner, we were stuffed!!! We decided to shop around a bit before trying any rides! Mom really liked taking pics of the décor, but for some reason Fozzy kept popping up in the picture…has anyone seen step dad lately?? Hmm, I think he may be a part of this! :lmao:
IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

I loved this Mickey!!! – Soooo cute!!
IMG_2933.jpg

Outside I started making a snowman!
IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

We kept taking pictures of the Muppets…
100_1180.jpg

100_1182.jpg

100_1183.jpg

100_1185.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

We continued walking through the Streets of America!
IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1190.jpg

100_1191.jpg

100_1193.jpg

100_1194.jpg

I got lost! :confused3
IMG_2966.jpg

Ahh! She scared me! :scared1:
IMG_2961.jpg

We went into Writer’s Corner where I read a princess book!
IMG_2968.jpg

After story time, we went over to the Great Movie Ride.
100_1195.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1199.jpg

100_1208.jpg

Then we went on Star Tours because it had been a while since I have been on it. Mom doesn’t like that ride, so step dad and I went on the space adventure together. After we landed back on Earth, we decided to check out the Journey into Narnia- Prince Caspian thing since we had never done it. It was actually really interesting and cool! We wanted to try TSM, but the line was too long! So we tried TOT, too long! Then we tried RNRC but guess what….tooo loonngg!!!! :sad2: So instead we took some pretty night time pictures and got a caramel apple and a blue raspberry slushie and watched some American Idol Experience on the jumbotron outside!
IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

We walked back to the resort because this would be our last night at the Dolphin!! :sad1: BUT we were moving over to my favorite resort ever….THE POLY!!!! We were so excited, but sad to leave our newest home! That night we finished packing our clothes and went to bed at a decent time to wake up to the Poly!!

Great review of Mama Melrose and the place does look cool! :cool1:

Love the pics of The Great Movie Ride and The Muppets. Also yay on being able to read a princess story!! :yay:

I can't wait to take a pic under the umbrella. :woohoo: on moving to Poly - that resort looks awesome!! :thumbsup2

Great review of Mama Melrose and the place does look cool! :cool1:

Love the pics of The Great Movie Ride and The Muppets. Also yay on being able to read a princess story!! :yay:

I can't wait to take a pic under the umbrella. :woohoo: on moving to Poly - that resort looks awesome!! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Yes it was really good!! Very tasty!! :goodvibes

Haha thank you! I love that ride, and the princess book brought back memories from reading them as a child!

We try to get one every visit- one of those tradition things :goodvibes Oh I can't wait to tell you all about the Poly!! Ahh, I just love it so much! Def my favorite resort!! :woohoo:

So for some strange (and annoying) reason, I can't seem to see my pics on here. :confused3 It says something to do with exceeding the bandwidth! It's probably just my school's problem. :sad2: I'll try to fix the problem, but if not then I'll have to wait till I get home which is on Sunday!!!!!! :banana:

So for some strange (and annoying) reason, I can't seem to see my pics on here. :confused3 It says something to do with exceeding the bandwidth! It's probably just my school's problem. :sad2: I'll try to fix the problem, but if not then I'll have to wait till I get home which is on Sunday!!!!!! :banana:

I got it, Em, we have to upgrade to photobucket pro. I'll have to look at it. :)

So sorry for the delay!! Been busy busy busy here!! I got a concussion in my lacrosse game on Friday, then I graduated from Vermont Academy on Sunday so Saturday was filled with packing, and yesterday and today are dedicated to finding a summer job- NOT an easy task!!! I am really sorry, but I will hopefully get an update soon! And figure out the darn picture problem!! Bare with me!!!

Congrats on your graduation! And hope you're doing ok from your concussion.

Good luck with the job hunting!

Congrats on your graduation! And hope you're doing ok from your concussion.

Good luck with the job hunting!

Thank you! I'm doing fine now! It was a very minor one anyway, I'm just injury prone. I think I get that from my mom ;)

Thanks! It is difficult where I live though, haha, not many choices!!

Concussion?! :scared1:

Hope you're ok! And congrats on your graduation! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes I'm fine! Feeling a lot better now! Thank you though!

Am glad to hear you are feeling better after your concussion! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your graduation!! :cheer2: Does that mean you are on your hols now? If so, how cool! :cool1:

Concussion?! :scared1:

Hope you're ok! And congrats on your graduation! :thumbsup2

Yeah, the text I received from her started with: "Mom, don't freak out or anything..." So what do I do? FREAK OUT!!! Hahahah! She's a tough girl, but golly I hate when she gets hurt!!!!

Am glad to hear you are feeling better after your concussion! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your graduation!! :cheer2: Does that mean you are on your hols now? If so, how cool! :cool1:

Thank you! Haha, concussions are NOT fun!! :goodvibes

Thank you! Yes, I'm officially off for the summer! :banana: and college in the fall!

I am all caught up.

I have never really seen the Dolphin mentioned much on TRs. It looks like a nice place to stay. They seem to have some good options too.

I love your World Showcase pictures. No one ever wants to spend time there, my family only likes Future World. I love when people take a bunch of pictures b/c that is the only way I get to see it.

Congrats on your graduation and good luck finding a job.:thumbsup2

I am all caught up.

I have never really seen the Dolphin mentioned much on TRs. It looks like a nice place to stay. They seem to have some good options too.

I love your World Showcase pictures. No one ever wants to spend time there, my family only likes Future World. I love when people take a bunch of pictures b/c that is the only way I get to see it.

Congrats on your graduation and good luck finding a job.:thumbsup2

The Dolphin really is a nice place to stay! It can get loud at times because of the conferences it holds, but it's very big, so it doesn't seem so crowded! The Swan is a lot quieter and smaller, but we like the business of the Dolphin! We love that area anyway because the BW is right there and it's an easy walk to EPCOT or a bit longer walk to DHS! And the boats are usually quick and painless too! :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm loving the WS more now as I'm growing up! I think I'm getting to the point of actually appreciating the work and time Disney puts in to making the countries so realistic! It's beautiful!! Plus I don't mind the tons of walking without going on rides as much as I used to! :rotfl: I do like Future World though! :goodvibes It's exciting and very fun!

Thank you and thank you! :goodvibes It's definitely been a busy week, but no luck yet! :sad2:

Day 8:

We woke up early to check out and drive to the Poly to find that our room was READY! :cool1: At 8:30am!! Very impressive!! We were staying CL at the Poly, so we went into the Hawaii building to check in. The view of the castle through the windows in the lobby was amazing! I took some pictures of that later. We made our way up to our room to drop off our bags.

Room pictures:

100_1240.jpg

100_1241.jpg

100_1243.jpg

100_1244.jpg

View from our balcony!

100_1242.jpg

We did a bit of picture taking on our way to the monorail to MK, but we were hungry because we had ADRs at CP for breakfast! So we hurried up!!!

100_1245.jpg

100_1246.jpg

100_1248.jpg

100_1249.jpg

100_1250.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Finally we got to MK and made our way to CP for our yummy breakfast!!

100_1252.jpg

There was a heart-shaped confetti waiting for us on our table for my parents’ anniversary!

100_1255.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

For some unknown reason I did not get any food pics! :sad2: BUT we did take lots of character pics!!

Piglet was first

IMG_3001.jpg

Then pooh

IMG_3002.jpg

Then Tigger!

IMG_3005.jpg

Tigger insisted on taking a picture with the two lovebirds too!

100_1256.jpg

After our filling and delicious meal we went on Pirates to settle our bellies. Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate's life for me!

100_1258.jpg

100_1259.jpg

100_1260.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter