A Whole New World, A Whole New Life! -- A Jan-Feb-Mar 2015 TR -- *COMPLETED* 9/29

I'm really enjoying your trip report! Can't wait to read more. thank you for taking the time to post a Fort Wilderness trip report.

Today was the day we went to Wide World of Sports to pick up Mom's race packet. We got up around 8:00, did all of our work and school, hung out for a while, then got ready to go! We had to wait around 15 minutes for a bus, then the bus had to stop at Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary before we finally got to Wide World of Sports.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34%3A42%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3A8%3A6%3B3347nu0mrj

We didn't spend a lot of time there because it was very crowded.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37%3A4%3B%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3A8%3A6%3B6347nu0mrj

We looked around for a few minutes, then pretty much just got Mom's packet and left. We got back home around 12:30 and had lunch. After we finished up some work we hadn't done in the morning, we had to go to the store. We went to Sam's Club, Walmart, and the post office. After we did our errands, we decided to go play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. I got this picture driving back through the gates:
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37994%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3A8%3A6%3B%3A347nu0mrj

We got to Fantasia Gardens, and saw that it was VERY crowded. We found out that it was a 30 minute wait to play. We also found out that we had been a little confused. We thought that our Annual Passes included mini golf, but it turns out that they do not. We're pretty sure that the 2014 passes did, but the new 2015 Premium AP's do not. There is a discount, though. We decided it wasn't a big deal, anyways, because we didn't want to wait that long to play. So, we just went home. Sam cleaned out the car, Dad cleaned the grill because we were going to use it that night, and Travis went fishing!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A5%3B%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3A994%3C3347nu0mrj

We pretty much just hung out until dinner time, which was around 5:00. We had hamburgers, and we ate outside. After dinner Travis and I decided to go swimming! It was pretty chilly outside, but the water was warm. We had a lot of fun! We were pretty much alone the whole time, and we went down the water slide a bunch. After we went swimming we took showers, then just hung out until around 7:30. At 7:30 we got ready and went down to the campfire! We made s'mores and watched the movie on the big screen, which was Monsters University on this night. It was very cold! We were all bundled up in blankets to watch. After the movie was over we headed home and got ready for bed. It was so cold on this night that we had to turn the heat on! We went to bed around 10:00 with plans of just staying home and hanging around the Fort the next day!

Last edited:
You really did have a great safari! I've never seen the lions do anything but sleep. We were stopped once by a rhino just standing in the middle of the road though. :)
I know! That's the first time we've ever seen the lions up and active!

This is an awesome post and some great adventure for you and your family. I'm loving this pics and daily descriptions. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Our family is headed to the Fort this June.
Thank you so much! I hope your family has a great time at the Fort! It really is a great place to be. :goodvibes

I'm really enjoying your trip report! Can't wait to read more. thank you for taking the time to post a Fort Wilderness trip report.
You're so welcome! Thank you for reading!

This morning we woke up around 8:30 and got right to work. We finished up around 10:30, then just hung out around the house until lunch time, which was around 11:30. After lunch Travis and I went swimming again! We swam for about 45 minutes, then went home and took showers. After that Travis and I went for a little walk to check out the arcade and go to the Meadow Trading Post. The arcade here is really small, with only around 10 game machines. Travis bought some rock candy at the Meadow, then we went back home.
When we got back, the boys went fishing and Mom and I read for a while. After the boys got back from fishing, we all went to go play shuffleboard! That was really fun. After we got back, Travis went to play basketball, Dad and Sam worked on some stuff with the water hoses, and Mom and I sat outside for a while. When Dad and Sam were done, we all went for a walk together. It was around 3:30 at this point, and the Patriots game was going to start soon. So, we made some soft pretzels and got ready to watch the game! This game was super stressful, but we ended up winning! We ate dinner at halftime, then after the game was over, we had to decide what to do. We had thought about going to Downtown Disney, but it was already around 8:45 and we didn't really want to have to deal with the buses, so we decided to stay home instead. Wishes was at 9:00 that night, so we decided to go watch the fireworks from the beach! That was really nice, and the view is pretty good.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39%3A35%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3B398%3B2347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv376%3B5%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3B398%3A9347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3A96%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3B398%3A8347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A346%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3B398%3A5347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B992%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3599%3B3988%3B347nu0mrj

We thought about staying for the water pageant, but everyone was cold, so we just headed home. We got home, got ready for bed, and went to sleep around 10:00. The next day we planned on going to church in the morning, then going to Magic Kingdom in the afternoon!

Last edited:

Nice that there's so much to do at Fort Wilderness.

That expo marathon weekend can be a bit crazy - I don't being so squished in with so many people, so we usually don't spend too much time in there.

I'd been wondering about the view of the fireworks from the beach, thanks for posting!

This morning we woke up around 8:00 and got ready to go to church. We found a place to go that was only about 20 minutes away, and it was pretty nice. After church we had to go grocery shopping, and once that was done we got home around 1:30. We ate lunch, Skyped with some family back home, then got ready to go to the Magic Kingdom! We caught a boat there and arrived around 3:30.

We headed for Tomorrowland as soon as we got in! We did the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor first, which was super cute as usual. They even used one of my jokes this time! After that we Skyped again with some more family back home. It was really loud, especially because the Tomorrowland dance party was going on, but it was still nice to be able to say hi! After we were done with that, we took a ride on the People Mover. Next we decided to go on the Speedway.
1420a245-66fd-4585-9908-f6af91eac20e.jpg

We waited about 20 minutes for that, which wasn't bad. We all rode by ourselves so we could drive our own cars. I was behind Travis and his car was going SO slow. I was practically pushing him through the whole track. Next we went on the teacups, which we only waited about 10 minuets for. I rode with Sam and Travis and we got our teacup spinning SO fast! It was totally crazy.
8f5d267a-70f4-45c8-b366-e858897d3e92.jpg

After the teacups we went to the circus! We rode Dumbo and the Barnstormer, both with 10 minute waits. While we were in line for the Barnstormer, we found out that this night was the last night of the castle lighting show with Anna and Elsa! I had no idea that was still going on, and I was SO excited! Like every other 6 year old girl, I am totally obsessed with Frozen. It was 5:50 at this point, and the show was at 6:30, so we decided to head over after we ate dinner. We got off the Barnstormer, then found a little wall near the Circus bathrooms to eat our sandwiches. After we were done eating, Travis decided to try and run through the splash station without getting wet. He made a big show of it, and ended up getting through pretty much dry. After that we were headed to Main Street to see Elsa freeze the castle! We got a pretty good spot on the Tomorrowland side of the Hub, and the show started after about 5 minutes!
21bfcc68-cd8a-4b51-a654-964914458e8e.jpg

The show was amazing, and it was so fun to see! After it was over, we made our way over to Adventureland because we had Jungle Cruise FastPasses. We got there and found out that it was still decked out as the Jingle Cruise! We were getting to do all sorts of unexpected Christmas stuff, and we were loving it! It was too dark to really get any pictures, but I did get this one:

After our cruise through the jungle, we went to check the Pirate's wait time. We saw that it was only a 5 minute wait, so we hopped in line! It ended up taking a little bit longer because there were a couple of wheelchairs that had to get on, but it was still only a 15 minute wait. It really wasn't crowded at all on this night, and we were having an awesome time.
At this time our FP's for Big Thunder were ready, so we headed to Frontierland. Stand-by for BTM was only 20 minutes, and with our FP's we only had to wait like 2 minutes. We got to sit in the back, and we had a great ride! That's a really fun ride to ride at night. After we got off we checked the wait for Mine Train on Sam's phone, but it was temporarily closed. So, we decided now would be a good time to head home. We started making our way out of the park, but we got held up at the front by the electrical parade. It was at the end, though, so we didn't have to wait long.
a91ccd2b-1c90-4a1e-9363-57f7ae6a0bfb.jpg

After the parade finished going through, we walked out to the dock to wait for a boat. We definitely beat the crowd there, because a TON of people got in line behind us. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes for a boat, and we just missed seeing Wishes from the water! We got back, then we walked home. Once we got home, we just hung out and watched TV for a little bit. We also Skyped with one of our brothers back home to talk about his plans for when he was coming down. We got ready and went to bed around 10:30. This day was one of the best that we had had so far!

Last edited:
Nice that there's so much to do at Fort Wilderness.

That expo marathon weekend can be a bit crazy - I don't being so squished in with so many people, so we usually don't spend too much time in there.
Yes, that place was crazy! We got in and out as soon as possible.

What a wonderful trip report! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!
Thank you!

I'd been wondering about the view of the fireworks from the beach, thanks for posting!
You're welcome!

(Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post! I didn't have my camera with me on this day.)
Today we had a pretty slow morning. We got up around 8:00 and started our work and school. Travis and I finished school around 10:30, then Travis played basketball while I just hung out. We ate lunch around 11:45, and we just had leftovers. Dad still wasn't done with his work at this point, so we decided today would be a good day for us kids to go to Disney Quest! Mom stayed home with Dad, and we got ready and left around 12:30. We had to wait for a while for an internal bus and then a Downtown Disney bus, and once we got to DTD, we had to walk all the way to Disney Quest from the Marketplace. There is a ton of construction going on around Downtown for the new Disney Springs, so the roads are a mess over there.
Anyways, we ended up getting to DQ around 1:30. The first thing we did was go to the virtual roller coaster. Sam and Travis rode that while I sat out. They made a super intense coaster with like 7 upside-downs! After that we all did the Jungle Cruise and Aladdin adventures. They were both very fun. After we did those 2 things, we pretty much just walked around the different rooms and played the arcade games. It wasn't really crowded at all, and we had a lot of fun.
We called Mom around 3:00 to see if they wanted to come and join us at DTD, but it was supposed to rain, so we decided to just go home. We had horrible timing, though, because as soon as we stepped foot out of Disney Quest it started POURING rain. It was crazy. We ran for shelter under an overhang to wait and see if it would let up. It didn't seem to be getting much better, so we decided to just venture out. It really was a bad idea, because we got SOAKED. And the sad thing was, almost as soon as we got to our bus stop, the rain let up. It wasn't a big deal, though, and we didn't have to wait long for a bus. We got back to the Fort, caught an internal bus home, and then it started pouring again! So, we had to walk through the rain and get wet all over again to get home. We finally got there, though, got dried off, and changed into warm, dry clothes. Our little adventure in the rain was actually kind of fun, in a way!
After we got home, we pretty much just hung out until dinner time, and Dad and Sam did some extra work. We just ate sandwiches for dinner, then I watched a movie on Netflix while everyone else watched something else on TV. After my movie was over, we decided to make our plans for when our family came down to visit. It took a while, especially trying to get FastPasses that matched theirs, but we got it all set! After that it was around 9:30, so we got ready and went to bed! We had plans for EPCOT the next day!

Last edited:
Today was our first day going to a park in the morning! We got up around 8:00, did just a little bit of work, then got ready to go to EPCOT! Before we could leave we had to stop by the lobby to make sure everything was set for when our sister arrived later that day. Everything seemed good, so we headed to the bus stop. We didn't have to wait too long for a bus to come, and we were on our way! We got there around 9:30.

The first thing we did was head to Test Track. The sign said the wait time was 30 minutes, so we hopped in line! It actually ended up being around 45 minutes, but it really wasn't too bad. Sam and Travis made a car together, and Mom, Dad and I did one. The 2 cars were pretty much opposites, with the boys' car being a huge truck and our car being tiny.

After Test Track we headed to Innoventions to do Sum of All Thrills. Everyone was going to do it except for me, so they all got in line. When it was their turn, Dad got in the little pod that you sit in and decided that it was a bit too claustrophobic for him, so he came out and sat with me. The boys rode together and Mom rode by herself, and they both did super intense coasters.
After they got off, we decided to go walk around the world! We started out in Mexico.

We walked around the store for a while, then rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, which had no line. After the ride, we looked around the shop a little more before heading to the next country.

It was around 11:30 at this point, so we decided to find somewhere to eat our lunch. We some nice benches near China to sit and eat our sandwiches on.

After we ate, we went to look around Norway.

We looked around the different shops, went into the building with the Frozen exhibit, then moved on to China!

We looked around the shops there for a while. House of Good Fortune is one of my favorite stores in all of Disney. They have so many awesome things there, and the prices are super cheap! After looking around China, we moved on to Germany. We walked through the shops, then stopped to watch the train for a while.

There were a ton of lizards hanging out with the trains and on the buildings. Because everything in there is miniature, it looked like the attack of the giant lizards!

After watching the train, we moved on to Italy. We just caught the end of Sergio the Mime's show, so we stopped to watch that.

If you haven't seen Sergio yet, you totally should! He's really good. After the show, we walked around the shops in Italy. In one of the stores, they sell chocolates for $0.65, so we got some of those. There is a new flag twirling show in Italy, and a performance was starting in a few minutes, so we hung around for that. The show was really good! It was pretty amazing what they could do with those flags.

After the show was over, we started making our way out of the world. We passed through the rest of the countries without stopping. We stopped by the Land to use our Soarin' FP's, then made our way out of the park. We got to our stop, and only had to wait about 5 minutes for a bus! We got home around 2:15, then started getting ready for when our sister Amy and her husband Jack arrived! (I'll update my introduction post so you can get to know them!)

Will you sister be staying in the trailer with you guys?

I bet it was weird not being able it ride Maelstrom.

After we got home, Dad had to run to the store, Mom did laundry, and the boys played basketball. Mom also made a cake for my birthday, which was the next day! Once Dad got back from the store, he and Travis went fishing for a while. Sam caught up on some work, and Mom started making dinner around 5:00. Mom made spaghetti and meatballs, and we ate around 6:00. It wasn't too long after we finished eating that Amy and Jack got here! They had been looking for apartments all day, and they were very glad to be here. They hadn't eaten yet, so they ate some spaghetti, and we talked for a while. After they finished eating, we decided to go to Downtown Disney!
We got down to the Outpost and only had to wait about 10 minutes for a DTD bus. We had a nice evening just walking around Downtown. Mom and Dad bought one of my nephews a Buzz Lightyear racecar for his birthday, and me a new charm for my bracelet for my birthday. Jack bought some jelly beans from Goofy's Candy Co., then we headed back home. Amy and Jack were tired from their long day of apartment hunting, and we had an early morning the next day! So, we got home, hung out for a little while, then got ready for bed. We blew up our air mattress for Amy and Jack to sleep on, got some things ready for the next morning, and went to sleep! We had plans of going to Animal Kingdom the next morning, then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon!

Will you sister be staying in the trailer with you guys?

I bet it was weird not being able it ride Maelstrom.

Yes, she stayed with us, but it was only for one night! And yes, it was so sad to see Maelstrom all boarded up! That was one of our favorite rides, but we are excited to see what the new one will be like.

Today was my 17th birthday! We woke up this morning a little before 6:00 to get ready to go to Animal Kingdom! Amy was very excited, because she hadn't been in Disney in almost 8 years! We got all of our stuff together and ate breakfast, then we were off to the bus stop around 6:30. We had some bad luck with buses this morning. We waited around 10 minutes for an internal bus, then another 20-30 for an AK bus. It wasn't a huge deal, though, because we had left early enough that it didn't really matter.
The park opened at 8:00, and we got there around 7:30. Once the park opened, we headed straight for Mt. Everest! As we approached the mountain, though, we found out that it wasn't up and running yet. So, we headed to Dinoland instead! We rode Primeval Whirl first, which had no line. After we rode once, there was still no line, so they let us stay on and go again! After our 2 rides, we went to Dinosaur, which was also a walk on.

Before leaving Dinoland, we had to get this customary picture of Travis and I, which must be taken at least once every trip.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3854%3A%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D359%3B38%3A%3B%3A5347nu0mrj

After that we went to check if Everest was open yet, and it was! There was almost no one in the park this morning, because we also walked right on to Everest! It was Jack's first time riding, and he liked it okay. He said the backwards part made him feel a little ill, but other than that he enjoyed it. Mom, Sam, Travis, and Amy all rode it another time because there was still no line.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A458%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D359%3B38%3A%3B%3A7347nu0mrj

There's the 4 of them the second time around. That's my sister Amy sitting next to my mom. After Everest, we decided to do It's Tough To Be A Bug, then we started making our way out of the park. We saw these pretty birdies on the way out!
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34286%3Enu%3D539%3A%3E23%3B%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D359%3B38%3A%3B%3A8347nu0mrj

It was around 10:00 when we left, and we only had to wait around 5-10 minutes for the bus to our next destination, Magic Kingdom! Everyone was having an amazing day so far!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter