A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

Anyone??

Bug

I booked this tour yesterday. The CM said it was offered at 9:30 am and 2:30 pm. She took my credit card number (Disney Visa), but said to bring the card when I pick up the tickets. My card hasn't been charges yet.

I'm so excited to be doing this tour!:goodvibes

You have to use the Disney Visa to get the 20% discount. Or if you're an AP holder you can use that. I think they charge your card right away..but I'm not positive I didn't check my statment.

Do you eat following your tour if you're doing the 2:30 slot?
Where do you eat?
What are your choices?

Do you eat following your tour if you're doing the 2:30 slot?
Where do you eat?
What are your choices?

I believe so. The choices are various sandwiches with chips or fruit and 2 cookies. They take your order when you arrive for your tour and they serve it to you in the tour gardens. Its waiting for you when your tour is finished. I had the 3 cheese and veggie sandwich and it was very good.

You have to use the Disney Visa to get the 20% discount. Or if you're an AP holder you can use that. I think they charge your card right away..but I'm not positive I didn't check my statment.

For me they charged me right away.

I went last June and though it was memorable, it wasn’t worth it sadly.

It was very long, without a stop for breaks and it wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be.

If you do take it bring LOTS of water with you, you’ll get thirsty in the 3 hours you’re walking around.

You get a pin and when I went we got a pirates button. I would not recommend this one for kids, or people with health problems as there is a LOT of walking.

Two questions re: this tour

1) For someone who considers herself a Disney park geek, who has read many books, web sites, msg boards etc etc... about the park's history, will I still find this tour interesting with information I might not know?

2) Re: lunch choices.... would they have something for a pseudo vegeatarian who eat only fish when it comes to meat?

Thanks!

It was very long, without a stop for breaks and it wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be.

If you do take it bring LOTS of water with you, you’ll get thirsty in the 3 hours you’re walking around.

You get a pin and when I went we got a pirates button. I would not recommend this one for kids, or people with health problems as there is a LOT of walking.

i agree with it not being such a good idea for kids. it was interesting and informative but kids would probably get bored walking around for 3 hours with out any breaks.

1) For someone who considers herself a Disney park geek, who has read many books, web sites, msg boards etc etc... about the park's history, will I still find this tour interesting with information I might not know?

2) Re: lunch choices.... would they have something for a pseudo vegeatarian who eat only fish when it comes to meat?

Thanks!

I took the tour back in February and after spending a lot of time on the boards here and researching things elsewhere, I was still looking forward to the tour, but I had never been to DL. I have been to WDW quite a few times and have done the behind the scenes tour of the Magic Kingdom.

Your previous exposure to DL might make the difference in this tour. There is a lot of great info given, and it's the only way to see the Club 33 lobby and one of the original flowers from the Tiki room up close. Later this year they mentioned having one of the old birds available inside a case to see. If you have already seen the lobby and some of the other things available, then it might not be worth it.

I was lucky enough to be in a group with 2 other visitors, so it was pretty much a private guided tour of DL (3 + guide). Our guide was great and she arranged a ride in the Lille Bell for us before lunch. The lunch offerings are pretty diverse. I had a Turkey sandwich, but I believe that there was a veggie sandwich/meal available. I seem to remember 4 choices, but please someone fill in the blanks for me. Chicken Salad, Turkey veggie and.......(Roast Beef?). All came with a drink (16oz bottle of Coke products) and Chips with a cookie.

I think that the tour would be a little different if it was sold out on a busy day. I don't know how well it would go with 16 (or 20?) people trying to navigate through a packed park. They do give you headsets that the guide is linked to, so that you don't have to worry about hearing everything over the usual park noises, but it might not be as much fun.

Is there a minimum age requirement to do the tour?
How difficult is it to get reservations? Is it possible to get them the week b/4?
And lastly, how much does it cost?

Thanks so much:goodvibes

There is no requirement tho young ones might get bored. My friend got her tickets the week we went.

I didn't have much problem walking. I expected it and did the morning one so I could get it done early. My DH is not a disney fan and he really enjoyed the tour.

Thanks!

1. The tour is really informative and you definitely will get something from it.
2. They had a 3 cheese and veggie sandwich when I went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter