1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterPete, Apr 28, 2008.

1. WNYDISNEYFAN

WNYDISNEYFAN Earning My Ears

Just heard the news today. My thoughts and prayers are with "Bawb" and his family. His style and humor will be missed. I as others was looking forward to meeting him in the parks one day. You will be missed

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkalink

Tinkalink Mouseketeer

I just read the news about Bob's passing. I just want to say I'm so sorry. I've never met Bob, but like so many others, I consider him a friend and a kind soul through listening to the podcasts. Bob has enriched my life for the better with his passion of all things Disney and his take on all the related events. I was always amazed at his knowledge of all the different activities, places and exhibits plus his history of the WDW.
    What makes the DISPodcast so great and sets it apart from the other Disney related podcasts, in my mind, is the interaction of the cast. Their different personalities and backgrounds of the DISPodcast crew, mixed with their perspectives and passion of Disney, make the topics a real joy to listen to. Bob is/was an integral part of this. Bob was funny with his remarks toward some topics and other Podcast crew members. Bawb was funny even when he wasn't aware he was being funny and took the ribbing in a good nature manner. He was a real gem and I'm glad I stumbled onto the DISPodcast back in March 2007. Thanks Bawb for all you given. I will miss you! You will be in my prayers. God Bless You!

4. ramjr0116

ramjr0116 Earning My Ears

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the Varley family, podcast crew and evryone at Dis Boards, Dreams Unlimited, etc. What can I say that hasn't already been said by people more eloquent than I? I miss your humor and unique perspective, Bob. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    :sick:

5. Livesincelebration

Livesincelebration Earning My Ears

I just got back from traveling and heard the sad news. I just listened to the last podcast while I was on the plane. Bawb was like part of the fa,ily. It will not be the same without him. I keep remembering his accent and how he said Dianer......Prayers and thoughts to Brian and Dianr and the whole podcast team!:sad2:

6. raammartin

raammartin <font color=a00054>*This space for rent*<br><font

RIP, Bob, you will be more than missed. :sad1:

7. randomdisney101

randomdisney101 Do You Believe In The Magic....

Omg i can't believe it I will miss bawb so much :'( you'll be in my heart xxx

8. tomatos5@shaw.ca

tomatos5@shaw.ca Canadian diser

OMG. We came back late last night from Orlando and have not turned a computer for three weeks. Shocked of the news !!!. The podcast listeners have truely lost a great man. Bob gave great insight and laughter. Our family gives out our thoughts and prayers to the family.

9. Stageman

Stageman Mouseketeer

I've only just heard the sad news, Bawb you will be greatly missed and thanks for making me smile.

Thoughts for your friends and family.

10. dzy76

dzy76 It all started with two little girls in Disneyland

I have been lurking forever on the dis boards and I am addicted to the podcast. This is my first post but I had to say how shocked and saddened I was this morning to learn of this huge loss to the dis unplugged and Bob's family. He was so great to listen to and I just always could imagine him going about the parks on that cart! God Bless him! He brought so much to us listeners. I hope he knew that.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and to the team for their loss. We will all miss him greatly.:sad1:

11. Iggipolka

Iggipolka <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I just got back in town today after being gone since April 27th. I logged on to iTunes, looking forward to all of the new Dis Podcasts! When there weren't any, I wondered what was up and logged onto the Dis.

I'm now sitting in shock with tears streaming down my face. What completely tragic news. I'm so so sorry for all of the PodCast crew and Diana and their children.

I absolutely love and loved Bawb. I was one of his defenders who was certain he needed protection from the "mean" statements that were said to him, at least until I learned that he brought most of it on himself, very willingly!

I can't imagine the PodCast without him. This is so hard and so sad. Hang in there everyone. We're supporting you. I'm so sorry.

12. TiggerDad3

TiggerDad3 Mouseketeer

I just read the news today...
    Our thoughts and prayers go out for all family and friends.
    Bob will be missed!

13. mommyceratops

mommyceratops <font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color

Bawb I can't see your thread drop off the page.....So here is a bump for you ---

I miss you! I know you love the longest thread all about you.

14. Daycounter

Daycounter Earning My Ears

I just wanted Diana, and the DIS family to know that you all are in my prayers.

15. LittleRedShonda

LittleRedShonda Earning My Ears

I just heard the news. Like so many others, I felt like I knew Bob. My thoughts are with you.

16. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

I've only re-started listening to other Disney podcasts now that the DISunplugged is back up.
    Thought it was nice to hear Ricky Brigante (Inside The Magic) and Lou Mongello (WDWRadio) both mention Bob's passing :)

17. wdwluvrs

wdwluvrs DIS Veteran

We were listing to last weeks pod cast and we were saddened by the news of Bob's passing all his family and friends are in our prayers

18. zeusywoo

zeusywoo Earning My Ears

My thoughts & prayers are with Diane & Brian. They are also with all of you. He will be sadly missed.

19. lps1176

lps1176 Mouseketeer

Gosh, I have been busy moving and I haven't listened or been on the boards in a few weeks. I am stunned and very, very saddened.

You will be greatly missed Bob!!!!!!

My thoughts & prayers are with Diana & Brian!!!!!

20. cherokeemamma

cherokeemamma DIS Veteran

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Although, I did not personally know Bob I felt he was a friend and have enjoyed getting to know him through the podcast. I can only imagine the loss that you all must feel.

I will certainly miss Bawb and his unique sense of humor and personality.:grouphug:

21. janiay

janiay Earning My Ears

I'm a faithful listener and I was so sad to hear of the passing of Bob. My prayers are with the podcast team and Bob family. His voice and Walt wisdom will be greatly missed.
    Yvette