A trip more than worth the wait!- Updated 5/4/10 Complete

I've just spent most of the afternoon - on and off - reading your TR, and very enjoyable reading it was too.
We were there at the same time as you and it's interesting to read your opinions on the stuff you did (even though we do have differing opinions on some of it :lmao: - but if we all liked and disliked the same stuff WDW would only be half the size, if that makes sense). I love the way though that you don't tend to sugar coat everything, and have told it as you saw it - which is very important for those reading TRs and will inevitably help them with their choices.
HHN was by far our best night and on the top of our list if we ever go back in October.
Looking forward to reading the rest :thumbsup2

Thanks for Reading :goodvibes

I hope not sugar-coating things isn't coming across as too negative - I really love WDW, its my favourite place in the world - and anything thats not been amazing didnt have a bad effect on the trip atall! :wizard:

- But yeah, i hope the little things will help others - as this was our first trip when i was planning it a lot of my preconceptions and tips came from reading tons of TRs on these boards!

For fun / Just out of curiousity - what sort of things did you find different? :goodvibes

Well done, continuing with your detailed report. Hope this is the first of many happy trips for you and that you write a trip report to share with us every time. Your enthusiasm is a pleasure to read.

BTW I realized that you and Scott were my kind of people when I saw the chocolate bar on your breakfast tray.

:scared1: How do you manage to pack all of the goodies to bring back home :confused3 - did you bring back all of the cocktail glasses from city walk also....................let us into the secret! :worship:

Hi Izzie

Here's a couple of the things that we found different.

HRRR - Me and DD(11) really didn't think much to this ride. We saw it being built last February and had been watching its progress on the net in the following months. When we got to US it was top of out list, and we waited over an hour to ride only to come off feeling a little cheated. Compared to other new coasters in the area, for example Manta, we found it uncomfortable, jerky and more than an anti-climax.
Cat in the Hat - another that left us feeling as though we had been in a car wreck :lmao:
Margaritaville - we loved this place and thought the atmosphere was cool and the food pretty good too (though I can see why you were put off after your experience)
Men in Black - our family is torn on this one. I'm with you and can't stand it while the others all love it and can't do a trip to US without going on it (I suspect that from DWs point of view it has more to do with Will Smith than the ride itself ;))

Having said that I do agree with a lot of what you said e.g.
Kids at HHN - parents should know better.
Ponderosa - we ate here a few times on our first trip but have never been back as we found lots of other places that are 100s of times better - and at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
Manta - one of our favourites
TSM :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As I said not too many differences, but if everyone liked the same things then the queues for them all would be MASSIVE - so I'm more than happy with each of us being unique :cool1:

!

DisneyPhotoImage196.jpg

I have never noticed this hidden mickey before the pipes in circles to the right of scott

love you TR we are doing Horror night this year and I know I am going to be scared like you lol:lmao:

I have never noticed this hidden mickey before the pipes in circles to the right of scott

love you TR we are doing Horror night this year and I know I am going to be scared like you lol:lmao:

Oh wow i never noticed it either - how cool!! :banana: - ill have to tell Scott, he got REALLY into spotting hidden mickeys, he still finds them (although in day to day things, not just disney :lmao: )

lol me and dave have hidden mickeys in our home it makes me smile I wouls say keeps me sane from the amount i miss WDW but doesnt sound very sane lol

Busch Gardens

Woow I haven't updated this is what feels like forever!!

So the next day, was a trip out to Busch Gardens. Unfortunately we were all really tired - and should have probably had a day about now to sleep and relax. But its so difficult, i think especially for a first trip, to relax when theres so much you want to do!

We did however find out today was the day that Leanne and Roys new puppy was born. We obviously didn't find this out til they got the puppy in January but we worked it out that it would have been today. =)

So we drove out to Busch Gardens, all a little zombie like - and when we arrived we decided to get the unlimited food pass, as it worked out pretty cheap since we needed to still get breakfast and it included juice / water.

So first stop was the food place near the entrance for breakfast burritos/ommellettes - nom nom nom.

Then the first ride we headed to was Rhino Rally - and it sort of hit us that the park was practically empty, ok it was still early - but this didn't change throughout the entire day. zero queues for everything - even the bigger rides like Sheikra.

Anyway a couple of pics from Rhino Rally:

IMGP1216.jpg

IMGP1221.jpg

So we had fun on this then headed round to do some coasters, stopping at Cheetah Chase - which woke us up - it was soo funny we expeced it to be so tame but we were all pretty scared on it i was so jerky LOL LOL LOL

We then did Kumba, which Scott had been very excited about after he was just a bit too small when he was here as a kid.Busch Gardens really was amazing for thrill rides!! Just so many, and they're all amazing!

Next ride - Sheikra, it kind of looked like a mega version of Oblivion at Alton Towers - which mega scared me, so i was really scared. We got on and I was sooo scared - I seriously screamed SO much before we went down and was convinced the harness wasn't tight enough and just being.. probably annoyign when i think about it :headache: oops! but after it was done, of course i loved it and we went to go on it straight away..

but whilst waiting it looked like someone on the ride just pulling into the station as we got to the queue area had had an... accident :scared1: they must have been REALLY scared

So some poor attendant had to be cleaning all that up, it was GROSS luckily there was one or two rides before our turn to go, so we couldn't really see what was going on but we had to wait a good 15 mins while they sterrilised the seat :sick: TBH even now - i might avoid middle row just incase I get that seat YUKS

Can't help but think the offending persons ride picture could have been hillarious though!! :lmao:

Anyway after that we had a little walk around and decided to go have some lunch (eww i feel a bit weird talking about food after all that!)

But here's some pics of Sheikra and Lunch... the cheesecake was amazin'!

IMGP1223.jpg

IMGP1230.jpg

(love that water skimming effect!)

IMGP1225.jpg

IMGP1226.jpg

So after lunch we walked it off looking at some animals and the like, before heading to Gwazi the wooden coaster - YIKES!! - it was a pretty mental ride, but with no queue we had to ride it twice!!

Outside here were some great trumpet players - we stopped to watch this for a while, before seeing some more animals:

IMGP1239.jpg

IMGP1238.jpg

IMGP1251.jpg

The poor turtle tried for a good 15 mins to get on that log, and didnt make it! =(

We then spend a good while looking at some monkeys and monkeying about.

IMGP1261.jpg

IMGP1264.jpg

IMGP1269.jpg

IMGP1331.jpg

IMGP1279.jpg

We then went on Montu a couple of times, then got the sky ride around over to the tigers. OMG I loved the skyride - so peaceful , and great views and just wow! I could have done this all day!

IMGP1286.jpg

IMGP1288.jpg

IMGP1291.jpg

At the tigers - I loved the bit where you could put your head in the enclosure - and there were some tigers sleeping right beside it - getting so close was just extraordinary!

IMGP1302.jpg

IMGP1309.jpg

After this we went back for some more rides on Kumba, and even got to stay on the ride for a second go! We posed for a ride picture on here - and kind of in honour to our tiredness, it was a 'sleeping' picture.

We then grabbed some more food - i dont think i've really mentioned our food adventures that much, i think we just grabbed burgers here though,it was more cake sampling that i did :rolleyes:

We got back to the hotel and decided to finally ride the flying chairs that were just outside, wow i felt so unsafe, but it looked scarier than it actually was =)

IMGP1360.jpg

then an early relaxing night for us, at least tomorrow daytime would be quite relaxing too =)

Next Up : Wet and Wild and MNSSHP!

sounds like you had a really great day at Busch Gardens
not sure if I would be as brave as you on all of those coasters :scared1:

your day at busch gardens sounded good, i enjoyed the tiger capsule last year too!!!

so lucky having no lines, we're going in july do doubt we'll be that lucky!

and haven't tried skyride before, your description had put it on my to-do list!!!

am going to show bf picture of the wrap, he's wants to eat healthy whilst i'm going to eat french fries at least once a day!!!:cool1:

Just caught up on your report, it's really good, really well written and enjoying reading it. :)

Can't wait to read the rest. :)

Day 12 - Wet N Wild / MNSSHP - 31st October, Happy Halloween!

After an amazing, well needed, long sleep - we got up and treated ourselves to a big breakfast at Sizzlers.

I know I said it before but I was confused - after going to both Sizzlers and Pondarosa for buffet breakfasts, I found the food/service was far superior here - yet there must of only been about 5 tables of people here and the queue for Pondarosa out the door. :confused3

Anyway, after breakfast, we headed to Wet and Wild, it was a nice day and really really quiet here, it was almost like we had the place to ourselves! We relaxed til we weren't full from breakfast anymore, then went in the wave pool (eeek WARNING - awful hard / stoney floor surface in the wave pool, think we all got some cuts here). After some waves we went on most of the flumes. They were all really good flumes, but Wet n Wild just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Typhoon Lagoon, or anything. But for a nice quiet place to relax for the day with a bit more thrill flumes, it was perfect

I did like the dark flumes with lights and such - although there a fee to rent the tubes for the lazy river which I thought was a bit OTT.

Anyway a couple of Wet N Wild Pics...

PA310719.jpg

PA310705.jpg

view of universal from the top of one of the water slides

PA310721.jpg

Anyway, with virtually no queueing about we were all done here by about 1.30pm, thats with relaxing sunbathing time too (we all get a bit too bored just relaxing!). Leanne and Roy went back to the hotel to relax for a bit before going out to MNSSHP, and me and scott went on the hunt for 2 very specific items on International Drive - Glitter Spray and a Red Feather. We couldn't find either - they were for finishing touches to our Haloween costumes...but more on that later

So we gave in and went back to the hotel for about two hours - in which time we ordered what was possibly the worlds most GREASIEST pizza - i had one bite and that was enough for me, Scott liked it though. We had the pizza box on the bed - and the grease seeped through the cardboard onto the sheets - yikes!

I also watched some cool Halloween programme on tv about how to have a cool haloween party and costume as we got ready - and I haven't even mentioned it on here yet but this is who we were

Me: Tinkerbell
Scott : Peter Pan
Leanne : Minnie
Roy : Mickey

Heres a pic of us all:

DisneyPhotoImage157.jpg

LOVE this ghost

DSC05260.jpg

We left the hotel and arrived at the Halloween Party around 5.30pm.

We first went into one of the shops on Main Street to get a Mickey Pumpkin Trick or Treating thing - as i'd been really wanting one!! I won't mention it throughout the whole thing - but we visited quite a lot of the trick or treat stands and found they were SUPER stingy giving out sweets. We kinda just ate them as we got them for the most part as we were lucky to get more than 1 or 2 sweets at a time. Surprising when you see some of the pics on here with peoples LOAD of sweets at the end of a party! Not that this particularly bothered us though - sweets was the last thing we were here for, the trick or treating experiences was fun enough and we all still had more than half of our mickey head krispy treats from a few days back to work through :rotfl2:

Anyway, when we got the pumpkin thing we also were looking for a red feather - for scotts peter pan hat and glitter spray - to add a bit of pixie dust.

We made a little plan - that leanne and roy would go grab FPs for Splash, and that me and scott would go to Tinkerbells Treasures to see if they had glitter.

- Note at this party no FPs were allowed, something i didn't really know, didn't matter too much though, as the queues for splash were non existant!

anyway me and scott went into Tinks treasures and i asked the man if they had glitter, to which he immediately corrected me! It was Pixie Dust I needed :lmao:
So the absolutely lovely man, said if I called upon Tinkerbell he might be able to sort me out, so I had to ring a bell and shout for her :laughing: :laughing: so embarrassed, but it was all very fun - and then he had a want which he was able to cover me in pixie dust with! I know this was for kids but I was so pleased that I was sparkly! :wizard:

Would Scott find a Red Feather?...

Anyway we met Leanne and Roy outside Its a Small World and walked on there! I don't care what anyone says I love that ride and sing the whole way through!! :banana:

We then got our pics taken by the Cinederella Carriage, it was a bit annoying though that the Photopass Camera must have been a bit blurred for these pics

DisneyPhotoImage153.jpg

We then went to see Philharmagic... can't get over the amazingness of this. And the atmosphere outside the show was great with a group of ladies who met on Disney Cruise (im not sure if they are DISers or not!) and two teen girls dressed up as girls from its a small world. There were some Hula Hooping contests and such going on too.

As we were leaving the theatre - what do we see, like magic on the floor... a red feather!?!?! I kid you not - how random!! So me and scott now had our feather and pixie dust - like real disney magic :goodvibes

After Philharmagic we tried to queue for meeting Snow White and the Dwarfs and ended up wasting quite a bit of time throughout the night checking the line for this - it was SO slow moving and if you didn't see her in the thirty mins she was out you'd have to wait at least another 30mins as shes away for that length of time. :sad2: I won't make the mistake of hanging about here again!

Anyway we headed to Mickey and Minnies house - it was kinda a goal to meet the characters we were dressed up as. Big queues to meet the mickey and minnie - but all of it was in the houses/garden so there was plenty to see and not get bored.

IMGP1384.jpg

We then decided to go to Pixie Hollow - something I really didn't think we would do!! We kinda thought it would be a bit awkward - which it was a little but meeting Tink, as Peter and Tink, was quite entertaining - and I believe leanne and roy had some fun banter with one of the other fairies. So it turned out to be really funny.

In the queue here one of the CMs was telling us some secret knowledge and about 'easter eggs' - when they hide disney characters in other films - really interesting actually, who knew WallE was in Toy Story and Cars!! and Beast was in Alladin :thumbsup2

DisneyPhotoImage124.jpg

As we left Pixie Hollow - Hallowishes was starting, It was amazing how quick time was going :confused3

I would have loved to see this from in front of the castle but we watched in Fantasyland - and it was good to have fireworks going off around you everywhere but still I would have prefered to see it infront of the castle for the full effect.

we headed towards adventureland next - after being told Peter would be here from a CM in Fantasyland - and then a CM in adventureland said Peter was in Fantasy land - then another CM checked and Peter was only in the parade. But we met Hook and Smee, the next best thing in Adventureland. We then grabbed a parade spot in Frontierland, after I grabbed my first and only Dole Whip of the trip - it was yummy! and while me and leanne waited, scott and roy grabbed some juice and fries to nibble on.

DSC05272.jpg

the boo to you parade was PHENOMENAL! It was just WOW I loved every minute of it. the headless horseman and the gravediggers from Haunted Mansion were my particular faves!

IMGP1401.jpg

after the parade finished we went on splash twice! The last time on it it really hit home this would be the last time I'd be on Splash for a loong time :sad2: So I really savoured it all. We didn't get wet at all - think because the water cannon was off. But noone else was riding Splash mountain atall.

After Splash, we headed towards the Haunted Mansion, got a photopass type picture then queued, and it worked out amazing - we were on a haunted mansion doom buggy at mid-dnight on halloween :goodvibes Seriously - I can't think of anything cooler!! We hadn't even planned on doing this but it was great!!

DisneyPhotoImage92.jpg

Obviously the party was over by the time we got off the ride, but we decided to take the long way out through Fantasyland and say bye to MK =( I LOVED MNSSHP - there was so much other things we wanted to do - obv see wishes from front of castle, the villains show - be in tomorrowland at all!! go on some more rides etc, but time went by so fast, but we had a blast doing what we did and i wouldn't change it for the world.

I was actually soo down leaving MK, knowing that was the last time there that trip, i know it sounds silly - but you guys know what I mean, right?

DisneyPhotoImage97.jpg

anyway , no dwelling on that part - I'll just get down on how much I miss being there -

Coming Next: Sea World - and I MEET A 'PENGUIN!!!!

Day 13 - SW Penguin Experience/AK/KOBE

We took it all pretty easy first thing this morning, since we got in late from MNSSHP and since we'd done all the parks so we didn't feel that 'have to see all the parks' type thing that I think a lot of people get on their first trip.

We got into Sea World about an hour after opening, and picked up our tickets and info for the penguin experience :banana: I had it booked quite a bit in advance - probably wasn't neccessary to book in advance but I really didn't want to chance it just in case. so that was meeting at about 12.45pm so we had a few hours to fill in.

The queue for Manta was still pretty non existant so went on that a couple of times, then went over to the sea lions - after loving the show and feeding them so much last time we decided to do all this again. We found the mime and show to be a lot better the first time we'd seen it but it was still amazing.

Also at the feeding area we spotted some little baby seal pups who were just adorable :goodvibes

I think after this we just went on journey to atlantis some more and then grabbed some ice cream from the stall just outside it, then just filled in some time at the big gift shop beside the penguin encounter to get some Sea World souvenirs - as we hadn't picked up any the first time here.

Before we knew it, it was time to meet our guide for teh Penguin Experience - to say I was excited was an understatement (as you may have gathered by now - im a very excitable person) - but I LOVE penguins, or 'guins as I like to call them :love:

I have so many 'guin things and just LOVE them - i actually got an amazing penguin cake for my birthday from my parents, heres a pic.

so back to Sea World - and the group was us 4, a mother/daughter and a family of 3.

The tour pretty much went into the actual encounter part that the public go to and he talked abit, then we went back stage and looked at some equipment and the kitchens etc, then inside we saw a little more behind the scenes then - we all waited and Fisher came out - the penguin we were meeting!

He was amazing, and was so tame and happy to be petted, we let some of the kids go first as we didnt want to overcrowd him, then we had some time with him - so so so so so soft!? who knew i always thought penguins would be all wet and ... not that soft!

we all then went into the enclosure (there is a small gate between us and penguins though - as some of them are not as Tame as Fisher) - fisher was still there so we got some more time with him, it was cold in there - but being from Scotland it really really didn't phase us. so as the others were all huddled keeping warm we were able to get up close with the other penguins, get photos etc. it was an amazing experience - the rest of the stuff in the trip other than being with the penguins - to be honest is all a bit 'filler' but i would definately do this again.

IMGP1453.jpg

IMGP1455.jpg

IMGP1459.jpg

IMGP1465.jpg

IMGP1466.jpg

IMGP1469.jpg

IMGP1474.jpg

after this we met a puffin, but to be honest i was so buzzing from the penguin thing i was in a wee dream:cloud9:

After all of this it was about 1.45 - the whole thing took just about an hour.

We were quite happy to leave Sea World - and decided to head to Animal Kingdom - hadn't been here since our first day, and we all fell in love with it - we had just planned to be here the one day but we still wanted to do more here - how people feel this place is just a half day park i have no idea!!

DisneyPhotoImage57.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage79.jpg

We got there, got quite a bit of photopass pics done as we hadn't found any photopassers our first day - and then headed to Restaurant-o-sauras, for lunch. We all got hot dogs - the condiments bar here is amazing, and the whole inside is really cool for a quick counter service.

We all just chilled out a bit in here, then went on Dinosaur (really short wait) - then headed back the way to Camp Minnie Mickey to see what was about there as we hadn't been there, I loved all the little statues here - and we met some characters here too with very little wait. Only thing is Donald was not very 'Donald' like here :mad:

IMGP1490.jpg

IMGP1494.jpg

We then headed to Expedition Everest - literally walk on and we fell in love with this ride all over again - and .. well we just rode it about 5 or 6 times in a row then the park was closed :rotfl2: we really wanted to maybe go on a trail but reriding expedition everest seemed a better idea at the time - and i dont regret it for a second, it was amazing!

So we headed back to the car to the hotel, then had a look online for some sushi restaurants - and decided on Kobe which was like a 30mins walk down international drive.

it was nice having a slow walk down and got there - they have tables there like in Teppan Edo, but as we were there just for sushi we just got a normal table - the other tables would have been a 45 mins wait anyway.

WOW the sushi here was the best sushi i have ever had - and ive had quite a lot of good sushi (im slowly turning into one of those sushi snobs :lmao: )

I can't remember everything we had - but one of them had lobster in it - a complete treat!

We also got a big cocktail bowl to share - it came with fire and was fruity and gorgeous! The first one the four of us shared - after which me and leanne had about 2 more just to ourselves whilst the guys got some Sake.

IMGP1501-1.jpg

IMGP1500-1.jpg

IMGP1499.jpg

This night was actually one of our favourite nights of the trip - the banter was great, the food was just AMAZING and it was just a great night - the service was just top notch as well - i think we were the most genorously tipping here.

anyway after a great night we went back to bed - tomorrow would be our last day in Disney :eek:

Another great update Izzie, sounds like it was an awesome day. :thumbsup2

What happened with Donald?!

I can't remember completely what happened - we were waiting for him to come back from his break thing - then when he came back around the building he was having his break in - rather than coming over to his meet/greet place he stood there looking quite lost for a while - then his 'person' took him over - and despite us trying to say hi or whatever he had zero interaction (no handshake / hug or anything) and just stood there. total opposite to the Donald we met in Epcot.
Overall we were quite used to being the people who just missed meeting the character before their break - but when they came back they always seemed so hyper and fun that we didnt mind the extra wait, but not in this case! :confused3

Day 14 - DHS / Epcot

Ahhh I can't believe this was the last full day , and the last time I can update my TR on WDW! :sad2:

Anyway - this morning we had planned to do DHS til lunch, then head over to Epcot World Showcase to spend the late afternoon/evening - see Illuminations to finish our Disney experience.

So we got into DHS just as the opening show was on - though it was fun to watch the first time, we didn't really pay attention and concentrated on going into the shops nearer the entrance - and coming out of them much closer to the rope... I hope thats not really a wrong thing to do?! Regardless - it meant we could head straight to TSM - we did what we did last time and rode it, then got breakfast from Woodys Roundup (pastries) and FPs to reride TSM later.

We then found a bench just outside One Mans Dream to eat at. Even as we chilled on this bench - so many people still frantically running to TSM! It felt odd being so un-rushed by comparison!

After we ate we decided to have a nosy in One MAns Dream - which we all enjoyed SO SO much! Could easily have spent hours and hours in here but I think we were just over a half hour.

IMGP1513.jpg

IMGP1521.jpg

By which point we headed to Disneys Animation - saw the show and then met Sorceror Mickey and the Up Characters - interaction in the Animation building is SUPER, here and Epcot character spot are the two places I would really recommend if your only doing one or two character greets to go to.

DisneyPhotoImage56.jpg

IMGP1511.jpg

IMGP1526.jpg

After meeting the characters and playing on a few of the games - we waited for the next animation class, not really with any expectations TBH - we drew Goofy, and how fun it was!! At the end of the class I kinda just thought to myself that it was amazing, not really thinking the others would agree - but we ALL were quite hyper and loved every second - so we went round and did the one after! - Pluto!

After we came out of this class, the Incredibles characters were out to meet - so we stopped by and timed it quite good and managed to meet Mr and Mrs incredible - then 5 mins later Frozone.

IMGP1529.jpg

I think we then headed to RNRC / TOT area - perhaps rode one of them? defo picked up a FP for RNRC at some point though.

We then used our TSM FP for our last ride there of the trip - even on our fourth ride it was just as fun!

We walked around a bit on the other side of the park - and decided to eat at Pizza Planet for lunch - also it was the pin station just outside of here I managed to find a MNSSHP pin (mickey as a ghost) that I had wanted to buy earlier in teh trip but were sold out everywhere else I looked when I decided to actually buy it - so I was very happy with that find, I also bought a TSM pin - I shall actually take a picture of all the pins I bought during the trip - not so much for a Pin Trade - but they all have fairly significant meaning and its how I wanted to remember all the individual days , I keep meaning to get 'crafty' and make a frame to keep them all in but I still haven't found the time.

IMGP1542.jpg

IMGP1533.jpg

Anyway - back to DHS after lunch at Pizza Planet (which was very average, ok pizza - but I MUCH prefered Pizza Planet in DLRP - by comparison here is just a building, obviously built for other purposes - with flying , cheap looking aliens!) - but as a huge Toy Story fan, esp a fan of the little green men, I had to check it out!

We then headed to see the Beauty and the Beast show - which I LOVED :lovestruc the opening song to Beauty and the Beast always just seems so AMAZING for me! Me and Leanne both loved it but Scott and Roy were boredddd! Oh well - meant they took photos etc and they certainly didnt let that distract us from the show.

IMGP1556.jpg

We then used FP on RNRC (our last ride at DHS :sad2: ) and I picked up.. My first mickey icecream premium bar! How I hadn't had one before I actually don't know! But I do look very happy to have one...

IMGP1562.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage30.jpg

(love this TOT pic!!)

I must have seemed excited buying it from the cart, as the CM was like "oh you'll get used to everything being shaped like Mickey Mouse soon" - like it was my first day - I was like "Oh I've been here two weeks, but I still get excited" :rotfl2:

We left just at the parade was near the entrance/exit? So we managed to see a little bit of the parade in passing - although with all that buzz and activity, it made leaving DHS soo much harder!

But we were headed to Epcot - Oh and I totally forgot to mention - we got a taxi to Disney today!! As we planned to have quite the few drinks aroudn the world ;)

So we got a taste of Disney transport to Epcot. Which was fun.

Arriving at Epcot we were going to just go straight to WS, but decided one last ride on Mission Space wouldn't hurt as we'd loved it so much from a few days before.

We decided to Start in Mexico and work our way round, the plan was
in each country to get something to eat and/or drink - usually we would just share and usually to try on some sort of silly hat where possible!!

I won't bore you with too much details and ill let some pictures do the talking - but my favourite things about here were Mexico (all of it! the best pavillion IMHO) - The candy maker in Japan which was like MAGICAL! , Canadian Food/Wine - Funnel Cake and Grey Goose Citron Slush.
It was the FAW festival when we were here - Im not sure HOW different it is going 'around the world' with this on, obviously the seminars etc they offer really 'make' the FAW - I will defo be doing some sort of wine/champagne tasting if / when I return this time of year again..

so some pics...

DisneyPhotoImage12.jpg

IMGP1577.jpg

IMGP1584.jpg

IMGP1585.jpg

IMGP1586.jpg

IMGP1588.jpg

IMGP1591.jpg

IMGP1593.jpg

IMGP1598.jpg

IMGP1605.jpg

IMGP1623.jpg

IMGP1622.jpg

IMGP1636.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage11.jpg

IMGP1649.jpg

I have to say though - I did enjoy WS sooo much MORE than I expected, I think cause it was just so different to everything else but still fun - next trip to WDW its an absolute must do to spend a day there, eat at at least one of the resaurants and relax a bit - have a drink or two, and end up in Jellyrolls. :woohoo:

After all stops made, we settled to watch Illuminations which although good, paled in comparison to Wishes and Fantasmic. But I have read many a report that people belive this to be far superior to other fireworks in WDW - each to their own.

As we left Epcot, I think it fair to say I was feeling sad - we bussed it to DTD to pick up our christmas ornaments which were being personalised (they turned out AMAZING BTW - such detail, would TOTALLY recommend this, I can't wait til its Christmas again to bring it back out!).

Then we got a taxi back, and packed...

Day 15 - Universal and Home

Ill just add the final day in too -

we loaded the car up, and this morning I finally got my glasses back from the hotel manager :banana: only a week or so without them but never mind - they still didn't fit properly, but would be ok for flying home - (luckily Specsavers fixed it all up perfectly for no charge when I got home, just a bit of an inconvenience!)

We then drove up to Universal, and just hit the rides we wanted to do again for about 3 hours - The Hulk / Spiderman / the Mummy / The Simpsons.

We then got some early lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp, where my Forest Gump knowledge was shameful!!

Had a good farewell meal here, although we were all a bit down, and wishing for the long journey home to be over with already.

Luckily coming home was easy, no big delays. Had a 4 hour wait in Schiphol for our connecting flight, at which I kept dozing to sleep and im not a good napper (if i ever nap I always feel nautious afterwards) - pretty much came home and relaxed! WIth a major feeling of "oh, its over ... BUT IT WAS SO GOOD!)

And so this concludes by TR! Thanks to everyone whose read!!!! Ive had so much fun reliving the memories and putting my TR on the Disboards - I love to read everyone elses - they can be so helpful and entertaining, so I hope mines entertains/helps others too :goodvibes

What Next!? Well I well and truly have the Disney bug! Luckily Scotts on board with this, so doesn't mind a few up-coming Disney trips in the near future.

This Sepetemebr were having a trip to DLRP with my mum and stepdad (they obviously want to see whats all this fuss is about!)

Then next year - we plan to go to DLR California - and have been looking at some ABD options there which actually get you into THE Disney Studios :banana: - but I REALLY need to start saving pennies to pull that trip off.

Then the year after I imagine we'll be back to WDW!

See ya Real Soon! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter