A trip more than worth the wait!- Updated 5/4/10 Complete

Here's our Photopass pictures from this evening at MK, I shouldn't really give a proper update for a little bit - I have an exam coming up next week :scared1: so I need to revise revise revise. But once thats done i'll get this back going again - next day is Nasa, so I might need Scott to help me with that one as I didn't really understand what was going on the entire day :confused:

Thanks again everyone for reading!

Us at the Dessert Party (there was a Photopass photographer there)

DisneyPhotoImage278.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage282.jpg

And then some pics of us at the end of the night :

DisneyPhotoImage276.jpg

Love this one:

DisneyPhotoImage275.jpg

Oh and i almost forgot, during our trip Scott got into spotting hidden mickeys, he wanted me to post this picture from Rafikis Planet Watch in AK - he says its his best hidden mickey find of the trip and wants it to be included in the trip report (I forgot to do this in the AK day - oops) :goodvibes

IMGP0235.jpg

What an impressive first trip report! Congratulations. I've read it all today and have very much enjoyed it. I'll be looking for the continuation after the exams (Good Luck with those). And as it's fresh on my mind, let me say that I hope you do book an ADR at Tony's for your next trip. I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it. Tony's has been one of my favorites through the years and I'm always a little mystified and saddened when every now and then someone writes they were disappointed there. I suppose that might be chalked up to differences in taste (literally). One of Disney's strengths is variety. We might not like everything there, but we'll almost surely like something. Regards to your traveling companions. How smart of you to choose such amiable co-conspirators.

I am really enjoying your reviews :thumbsup2
You all look so happy in the pictures and you are really getting across the excitment of a first visit :banana:
:tinker: Good luck with your exam

Hi peoples! Thats my exams over and out of the way - WOO!!!! what a relief. hopefully i've done alright. But now i can get this back on track!

Day6 - Nasa

So this morning we were a little tired after our late night at MK, but were ready to go to Nasa

We had breakfast at the hotel - and turns out they did waffles on sundays - which were very yummy!

We then got in the car and took the journey to Kennedy Space Centre, which wasn't a bad drive and easy to find.

IMGP0745-1.jpg

We got there and got our tickets straight away.

There was a IMAX film just about to start when we arrived so we went to see that, it became apparent quite quick that I wasn't going to be thrilled by this place, but i wanted to make the most of it and try my best. :3dglasses :3dglasses

After this we started on our tour - for those who haven't been to nasa, you have the imax theatre, rocket launch ride, rocket garden, wall of rememberence, cafe and a couple other little things to look at in the main section then you have a tour around the place (which is giant) by busses which takes approx 3 hours.

So we started on this - there were 3 stops.

Stop 1.

IMGP0592.jpg

Viewing area for shuttle/rocket launches. There was a shuttle and a rocket preparing for launch in the next week(s) or something

IMGP0609-1.jpg

On the way to stop 2, we saw this building which was instantly recognisable from press shots.

IMGP0620-1.jpg

Stop 2 could be Stop 3 or vice versa.. can't quite remember!

The next stop was a film about the failures/success of USA and space exploration then a set up of 'houston' control from the appolo mission that went into space :3dglasses

We then went through to a big collection of things

IMGP0635-1.jpg

This had things like, an appollo space rocket (above)

a bit of the moon to touch

IMGP0653-1.jpg

space suit

IMGP0652-1.jpg

by this point , try as i might, it was all a little boring. scott and roy were loving it so much, so i guess its quite a 'guy' day. i thought i might like it cause the idea of going into space and everything is SO amazing to me - but it was more technical / engines - imo.

so yeah, as i was bored - i said i wanted to do buzz lightyear poses!

IMGP0665-1.jpg

IMGP0664-1.jpg

We had our lunch in this building - cheeseburgers which were fine and the most AWFUL potato salad i've ever tasted!

The next stop we got to walk around a model of a space village. i was a little bored and trying to be smart i suppose - i was like "yeaahh its impressive, but not very pretty - not even plants!" and low and behold we turned the corner and there was a device to grow plants in space :lmao: that told me to cheer up and kind of DID lighten my mood a bit! :rotfl:

IMGP0696-1.jpg

Once we were back in the main part of Nasa - we went on the space launch experience... WOW what a DISSAPOINTMENT! but funnily so. it tiled you back, vibrated you til it hurt, then the seat moved so it poked you in the back to feel a 'g force'... in comparison to mission space (ok we hadn't been on it by this point yet but still!!)

we then had some space dots (yuuuum), and explored the rocket garden, which was impressive!

IMGP0723-1.jpg

IMGP0721-1.jpg

Then a chance for one last little museum, which me and leanne sat out (the place was closing so we were the only people in there)

IMGP0735.jpg

Coming Up : Another CityWalk Night (This time Meal and Cocktails at Pat O'Briens)

Probably somewhere you can go once if you are not that interested - just to go. My DH keeps asking about going back here - I just put it off :rolleyes1

Probably somewhere you can go once if you are not that interested - just to go. My DH keeps asking about going back here - I just put it off :rolleyes1

Defo, if your interested in the engineering behind everything in space travel - its an ideal place to visit! i am glad i seen some of the famous sights / space rockets , Scott would love to go back and do it all again :headache: but im thinking next time we might spend a day in the astronaut hall of fame, or if there's a launch go do that.

So we got back to the hotel from Nasa quite early , and had enough time for a little nap before heading out for the night - so we grabbed a taxi to City Walk - and we had planned a night in Margaritaville after hearing so much good things.

Unfortunately, whether it was the time we arrived or whatever - but we were seated, and left for about 15 mins with no drink order even taken. perhaps we were all a little miffed about this but the music just seemed a bit too loud to even think, so we just left and i don't think anyone even noticed :confused3

anyway we kind of just stumbled into Pat O'Briens, not really having anywhere else we 'had' to visit.

it was a really nice evening so we sat outside next to a really cool fountain/fire - and could hear the music from inside which would like funky piano versions of popular songs and it was REALLY fun listening to them all :banana:

IMGP0757.jpg

I can't remember what i had for dinner, but i remember it being quite tasty!

After eating, we sampled , quite a lot of their cocktail menu too! We didn't know at the time, but you get to keep the glasses from your cocktails and we somehow ended up back at the hotel with 12 fancy cocktail glasses! :lmao:

IMGP0752.jpg

IMGP0753.jpg

This was a great chilled out night! We were able to transfer the rest of the cocktail we hadn't finished into plastic cups so we could wander around before heading back to the hotel. I really loved being able to spend evenings at City Walk!

Next: Day 7 - Sea World / Cheesecake Factory

Day 7 - Sea World

Eek day 7? Half way through the holiday - time really doesn't go faster than when your having the best time in Florida does it?

The plan was to go to SW today - we knew before going that we were definately returning at the end of the holiday - as we had pre-booked the Penguin Encounter for the 1 November :banana: - I LOVE Penguins :lovestruc

We started off with breakfast at Sizzlers - just beside Wet and Wild, it was really great there - great selection, tasty and really cheap! and it was quite quiet too in comparison to Ponda Rosa a couple doors down which was queing outside the door :confused:

Anyhoo we arrived at Sea World about 15 mins after opening and headed
straight towards Manta

IMGP0879.jpg

We decided while queues were short to take the extra time and queue for front row. I LOVED this ride so much - once you get over the feeling of being unsafe in the restraints and just go with it - WOW its an amazing feeling!

There is one part of this ride in particular - i don't know the technical way to put it - but you go round this giant loop head first/on your back. It REALLY gives you that 'tummy feeling' - and although we were on the front (we discovered this feeling is MUCH more intense at the back!) - it was a little much for LEanne and Roy - especiallys after the cocktails from the previous night! :rotfl:

Regardless, me and Scott dragged them on for a 2nd ride - after which they definately needed to move on!!

IMGP0808.jpg

After Manta we wondered over to Journey to Atlantis - which is VERY bizarre but also a GREAT ride!! I still don't really understand the concept of it, but its fun, and i love the end part especially!

IMGP0765.jpg

Today was another REALLY hot day - Saturday at TL was really hot, but our day in Nasa was actually quite a cloudy cool one - so the sun was definately back out! and we really appreciated cooling off on journey to atlantis this day!

After riding this twice (great thing about 0 queues!!) we went to see the Sea Lion show - I know so many people know this - but you HAVE to see the mime before the show starts! he starts about 30 mins before show time and its so entertaining! and of course the sealion show is great too!

IMGP0769.jpg

IMGP0771.jpg

IMGP0772.jpg

After lunch we went on Kraken, the queue system for this ride really confused us, it was taking a long time as there was only one car going around - and it didn't help that everyone was eager to push their way in front. And even when we got a spot in the little pens for each row - there was a young guy behind me who started kicking my ankles - i moved place with Roy, and he started kicking him instead! :scared1: his mum was there, knowing what was going on but doing nothing about it!!

It was a little offputting as well - as the wearing tshirts/shorts on rollercoasters rule is defo not enforced in this park! I know it was a hot day but teens/adults were going on Kraken, in shorts or just in bikinis , most looked all sweaty and just not what you want to see or rubbing on the tight restraints on the go before you!

So I think with the above annoyances in the queue , my overall opinion of Kraken was definately tainted. I was just happy to leave the queue!

Regardless, our next stop was the penguins!! I could have stayed in there for the entire day watching the little dudes on their little cute adventures!! :lovestruc There just amazing to watch, it was quite cute to see the big king penguins going around in there group keeping a watchful eye on the little gentoo penguins, then all the penguins fighting over the snow shower!

IMGP0780.jpg

IMGP0789.jpg

IMGP0781.jpg

We were all pretty hungry after the penguins, so we grabbed some pizzas and strawberrys at Seaport Pizza, and sat in the shade for a little bit to cool off - it was really really good pizza, strawberrys came with a cute bowl to keep and the place was really quiet too. so big thumbs up!! :thumbsup2

IMGP0802.jpg

During lunch we decided the next stop should be the Pets Ahoy show, and after getting lost, and a member of staff getting us more lost (the SeaWorld map isn't the easiest to read!) we managed to get there just in time - but we still managed to get decent seats, infact I think theres so much going on in this show it doesnt matter where you sit! An amazing, cute and funny show! It was very moving as well as they told you how all the animals in the show were from rescue centres. :goodvibes

IMGP0812.jpg

Cont in Next Post...

We strolled around a little while after Pets Ahoy, and ended up in the ray Feeding Place. We didn't know about the deal , but if you paid something like $10 pp you get to feed rays, Sharks and SeaLions - so we went for this.

Feeding the Rays was really odd - it was like it hoovered up the prawn from your hands, and they were all so eager and fast - i was a little scared if i'm honest!! But the funniest thing happened here - Roy was bent over to feed the manta's, with his sunglasses leg tucked into his tshirt...

well he came back up after feeding and looked down and realised the sunglasses had fell into the tank!! He rushed to get them and luckily he did - and luckily we managed to get this all on video - it was just sooo funny :rotfl:

From here we headed to the shark experience , the tunnel is REALLY cool to go through, but the feeding experience was a little bit of a joke - i didn't really expect to go right up to a shark and feed it :-)scared1:) but you just throw bits of fish from a height into a big pool, with about 5 little sharks in it and 50 rays - so i just fed more rays :rotfl2:

We then headed over to feed the sealions and WOW :lovestruc it was probably a highlight of the trip doing this! Sealions are my favourite animal after Penguins. So, after you avoid the crazy jurassic looking birds that try to steal the fish, the sealions know EXACTLY whats going on, and are all competing to look the cutest and are waving and slapping the water clapping there fins and everything for you to throw them the fish! We loved it so much infact, we spent another $15 or something to do it more! Must be very good fish for the price you pay, but the experience makes it worthwhile.

IMGP0829.jpg

IMGP0830.jpg

IMGP0825.jpg

By this point we realised a dolphin feeding was about to start, so we headed to that - in our animal feeding adventures!!

We were all given a tray of fish and the dolphins came up and you could pat them and feed them. It certainly was magical being so close to these animals, and at some point in my life i would love the opportunity to swim with them, but to be able to get so close for something like $7 is a great opportunity that people going to Sea World for the first time shouldn't pass up.

(But feeding sea lions was much more fun !)

After feeding dolphins we decided to rest our feet, in safe knowledge the animals of SW were fed :wizard: we went to see Blue Horizon show. I expected this to be ... well more of a dolphin show! but it was more of an acrobatic show which is something that doesn't really appeal to me. And I had no idea there was going to be so many Parrots (a major phobia of mine) so I was huddled into a ball for most of it :headache: And there was an odd moment where the lady dressed as a parrott flicks water from her feet onto the audience... I wasn't sure what to make of that :laughing:

IMGP0847.jpg

After this we walked through the Manatees (WOWS!) section and sea turtles before me and scott decided we really really wanted to reride Manta. Leanne and Roy were both not up for it after the morning, so they decided to stroll along to the Wild Arctic and we'd meet them there.

Well after spending the past week as a group of 4 it was nice to just be a 2 - as we realised theres a major perk of being able to fill up rows! we literally just walked in, and as everybody else seemed to be a group of 3/4 , we could just walk right on to Manta! :goodvibes

So we were able to head to Wild Arctic, and we must have only been about the ride after Leanne and Roy, so we met them by the Polar Bears, and explored that area, which I really enjoyed - i loved flying to where you were going, and the whole inside was so immersive! Then I looked at my watch and realised the Shamu show was away to start!!

So we rushed over to the Shamu stadium which wasn't too far away and got some beers to watch the show.

This was a good show, but for all the hype etc - I can honestly say I've seen better / longer killer whale shows! The previous year me and Scott went to Tenerife and to an animal park called Loro Parque. I believe this is partially owned by the same company who own Sea World - but the killer whale show in Tenerife is honestly breathtaking and I believe there is no comparison. Which really really shocked me :eek:

IMGP0875.jpg

After Shamu we had a little look at the happy harbour, and the park was closing. It was at this point I realised how much walking we had done and my feet were SOOO sore!! But we decided this night would be good to head to the Cheesecake Factory - which one of my friends said we had to go to - a must do !

So we headed back to the hotel to freshen up, and get directions to the nearest Cheesecake Factory, we drove there and parked at the totally WRONG end of the mall oops! - it was ok when we arrived, but after the meal, the mall closed and we had a long walk all the way around the mall to get to the car.

IMGP0884.jpg

IMGP0898.jpg

IMGP0887.jpg

Anyway we were seated straightaway and our server kind spoke us through the menu. WOW they must serve everything - I had a tomatoey/pasta dish, scott had a burger, roy had steak and leanne had a chinese orange chicken dish - all quite different but all cooked like it was the restaurants speciality, so with our small sample of the menu I can only imagine that all dishes are perfect there!

I had to stop eating my main, as I knew i NEEDED room for cheesecake!

I had a cookie dough cheesecake - YUM, it wasnt just little cookie dough chunks - it was giant! so so good!

IMGP0894.jpg

The others had an Oreo cheesecake, a chocolatey one and White Chocolate and Macadamia (After tastes - my fave was the cookie dough and the oreo)

IMGP0897.jpg

IMGP0896.jpg

IMGP0895.jpg

So after our amazing meal , we eventually got back to the car, after being stopped by Mall Cops to ask why we were wondering about there :headache:

Another Fun Day!

Coming Up Next: Day 8 - Magic Kingdom / DTD

I read your Kennedy Space Centre review with interest, in the hope that you'd big it up and make me want to go! DBF quite fancies going but I suspect I'd spend the day feeling bored, much as you did.

Looks like you had a really fun time at SeaWorld! Manta sounds great and I agree that Journey To Atlantis is a bizarre ride, but enjoyable nonetheless!

Great Cheesecake Factory review, the food looks/sounds fab. DBF and I have it on our list for August! :thumbsup2

Really enjoying your report. We Loved the Cheesecake factory too. :goodvibes

I read your Kennedy Space Centre review with interest, in the hope that you'd big it up and make me want to go! DBF quite fancies going but I suspect I'd spend the day feeling bored, much as you did.

Eeek sorry - I even tried to big it up as much as possible without lieing!! :rotfl:

I'm sure your dbf would love it though - I can't imagine any guy who wouldn't!

I imagine for our next trip, me and dbf might do one day kennedy space centre and/or the astronaut hall of fame for him, then one day shopping for me!

great trip report :goodvibes

sounds like you had a fab time.xx

Glad you like my TR! It was a fab trip, i just wish we were still there!

Really enjoying your report. We Loved the Cheesecake factory too. :goodvibes

Happy your enjoying reading this! mmm cheesecake factory is just soo good - wish there was one a bit closer to home :rolleyes:

One little thing I actually wanted to mention about the Cheesecake Factory which was quite impressive - we all got cokes when we sat down and after we drank about 1/3 of our glass the waiter came and topped them up full again. I guess cause the first couple of sips of juice are bigger to quench a thirst.. so they just top up the glass so you can enjoy it all!

Just something quite little but it all contributed to amazing service at the Cheesecake Factory!

Hope to get day 8 at MK / DTD up as soon as!

Seaworld sounds like a lot of fun! Those sea lions look adorable.. i also love cheesecake- yummy! :love:

Your cheesecake factory pics are fab - it's one of my favourite places to eat. Can't wait to have a Southwestern Salad and a Strawberry cheesecake in September ...yummmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter