A Tip for Disney VISA Cardholders

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I had an experience that I thought might be helpful to others. I was planning on transferring my Disney VISA Reward Dollars onto my Rewards card for my recent DL trip. When I went to do so online, I realized that my Rewards card expired. I called Chase and found out that you can actually get a new Rewards card at Guest Services in DL or WDW. It would have taken three weeks to get one via mail so this was very convient, and I was able to transfer the dollars over right away. So, if you are like me and forget to get a new card, just stop by Guest Services and you are good to go! :thumbsup2

We actually discovered this before our last trip. We spoke to a csr because we were afraid our rewards card wouldn't get here on time and she told us we could pick it up at guest services at downtown Disney.

Good to know! Mine will be our spending money on our December trip and it'll be nice not to have to worry.

You have to transfer points online first, then pick up a new card at Guest Services, right?

Good to know! Mine will be our spending money on our December trip and it'll be nice not to have to worry.

You have to transfer points online first, then pick up a new card at Guest Services, right?

It depends. Do you already have a Rewards card? If so, you can transfer them online right now. The difference for me was that my Rewards card expired and I didn't realize it until I was about a week away from my trip to Disneyland. It would've taken several weeks for me to get a new one and then I would not have been able to use it on the trip. Instead, I just picked one up at Guest Services before heading back to the Grand for a break and called Chase to transfer the points once I was in my room. It was very simple. :)

Excellent tip - I had no idea! We always load our points onto the card before we go, and I have until December '12 before I need to get a new card. With all the Disney travel we're doing/planning, I suspect I'll have lots of points to move... :thumbsup2

XO
Liz

Thanks for the tip! It is one of the things I never remember. That and having the mail stopped.....

It depends. Do you already have a Rewards card? If so, you can transfer them online right now. The difference for me was that my Rewards card expired and I didn't realize it until I was about a week away from my trip to Disneyland. It would've taken several weeks for me to get a new one and then I would not have been able to use it on the trip. Instead, I just picked one up at Guest Services before heading back to the Grand for a break and called Chase to transfer the points once I was in my room. It was very simple. :)

Yes, my current one is expired. I'll need a new one before our next trip.

Yes, my current one is expired. I'll need a new one before our next trip.
If you order the new card online, they will have to snail mail it to you, as the transferred points go to a card with a specific card number. So if you need to get it quickly, then you go to Guest Services first, get a card from them so that you know the card number, then call Disney Visa, give them the new card number that you have in your hand and have them transfer the points to that card. Only takes a few minutes.

I've also seen people say you can do this at the DCL terminal at Port Canaveral.

Sayhello

You can also get the rewards transferred by them when you are there even if you already have a valid card.

I was told that this is not possible. Guest Services does not work for Chase, the company that has to transfer the points to the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter