A thread for our single friends....

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by glenpreece, Jan 2, 2009.

1. baloo2000

baloo2000 Earning My Ears

I get the same reaction every time I go. I travel a lot by myself and don't mind. I'm going back to WDW on December 7th and then sailing out on the Fantasy on the 8th.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyDork1969

DisneyDork1969 ChicagoDisneyDork

In the early 90s, I traveled all the time by myself...I'd go to NYC three times a year...I would see a bunch of musicals and hang at the bars at night...then for the past 15 years I was in a relationship, so I always traveled with my BF...well we broke up this past March...I'm going to WDW solo on Sunday for a week...so I'm a bit nervous about traveling alone again...not that I can't do it...I just don't know if I can be totally 'at ease' with myself...I used to just hit the road and do stuff and not think twice about what I was doing...now, I'm double-guessing myself...so next week, traveling solo at WDW will be kinda of a test...if I can do WDW on my own, then I'll feel better about traveling over-seas next year...I'll just have to wait and see...!!!

John

4. baloo2000

baloo2000 Earning My Ears

Best wishes on your travels John!

5. SF Gay Disney Fan

SF Gay Disney Fan Earning My Ears

Nice to see this conversation. Im a single GWM, just turned 50, and so ready for a trip to DL. I am hoping to head down in a month...need a major DIsney fix. Has anyone stayed at Paradise Pier or the Grand Californian? What do you recommend? Take it easy!

6. mrunn0080

mrunn0080 Earning My Ears

I've been to WDW, so many times and loved it. I liked GayDays Orlando in 2011, it was ok. Never been to California before, would like to see DL. I can't pick where I want to go this year.

7. SF Gay Disney Fan

SF Gay Disney Fan Earning My Ears

Hi all. Anyone else go to Disneyland regularly? I live in San Francisco but like to get down there as often as I can and not seeing the guy I went with so thought Id put it out there and see if any other Disneyland fans possibly interested in sharing some Disney talk or potentially meeting up at DL.

8. RAPstar

RAPstar <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko

Is it weird that I hate being single but am almost completely indifferent to dating right now? Well, besides the fact that my work schedule makes it next to impossible to go anywhere, coupled with not having a car so I'm at the mercy of the bus. Plus, Dallas gays are so shallow and conceited and cliquish that you have to be attractive to even have guys want to be your friends. And I'm only moderate at best. IDK. My depression has been back and forth lately. I'll start the day ok, but by the end of the day I'm just blah. And I see friends on Facebook going out and doing stuff with other friends. Or people talking about meeting people and such. And its completely unfair that almost every other profile I see online is a triad relationship, and I can't even get one guy to have a casual friendship with. Its insane.

9. BrdwayBoy

BrdwayBoy "I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stro

Unfortunately, it isn't just Dallas. :-(

10. RAPstar

RAPstar <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko

I know this, but from what a lot of people not from Dallas have told me, the shallowness is worse here? Something like that. I blame the TV show, lol.

11. mikelan6

mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

If you think they're shallow in Dallas, try Miami. It's REAL bad here.

12. mrunn0080

mrunn0080 Earning My Ears

I'm going to WDW Gay Days 2013 this year, would like to venture the parks with another person.

13. nobbie

nobbie Earning My Ears

Another single/solo traveler (from Holland) to the WDW gaydays 2013. Been there 2 times.
    Not too much into going to all the poolparties every day, but more into visiting the parcs etc. Anyone else going on his/her and looking to make some new friends and venture the parcs?

14. chwgmjay

chwgmjay I think your giraffe is being towed.

There will be a lot of us there to hang out with. :)

15. huskybear63

huskybear63 Earning My Ears

I have never been to this event, but would love to go. First, I am a bear in the Central Valley, CA. Currently single. I'm just wondering if there are any bear groups that take in stragglers for the event.

For reasons I would rather not go into, I am not involved in any local bear groups.

But, I would love to hang out with some new buddies to enjoy the event. I am not talking about hooking up, I'm talking about meeting some new friends and going on rides, eating with, drinking with, and just having fun. Sorry, I'm a bit vanilla.

That's not to say I am not interested in the other things, but having fun with some new like friends would be my priority.

Also, any tips on what to register or sign up for?

Thanks for all your help.

16. Stinky_Pete

Stinky_Pete DIS Veteran

Historically the bears meet at the Country Bear Jamboree at 1 p.m. on the MK day (Saturday). If it is anything like when I was there it will be a sea of friendly bears with a couple of very confused het families in line.

Oh, and :welcome: to the DIS!

17. snowprince13

snowprince13 Earning My Ears

um you sound amazing! ;) If that is strange then sign me up!

18. haveamagicalday2

haveamagicalday2 Earning My Ears

i will be there second week of May! never been to gay days though

19. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

This year is May 9th - May 15th for me! Can't wait!!

I've done Gay Days for 10 years.. 7 in Florida and 3 in CA... I don't need to do Gay Days anymore :) It's fun.. but I've earned my 'gay card' for life now.

20. haveamagicalday2

haveamagicalday2 Earning My Ears

i will be there then, at Port Orleans riverside!

21. lego606

lego606 Mouseketeer

I'm going to Disneyland for about 5 months, so say hi if you're there! :D