• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan! (A January '12 PTR) TRIP REPORT STARTED!! 1/16!!

I love your trip reports! I must say that I agree with you about the mickey mail. It makes my day (week, really) so much better!

Want to know where Wingnut and I will be staying in January???

When the numbers were laid out, it was narrowed down to three resorts.

Wilderness Lodge.

Beach Club.

Boardwalk Inn.

Wingnut left it up to me.

And I decided to go with...

THE BOARDWALK INN!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

We are both very excited about this. I've never stayed at the Boardwalk, but Wingnut did when he was younger. He has great memories of staying there, and can't wait to go back. I'm excited to not only be trying a new resort, but to be in our favorite area!

Thanks, free dining!!!! :banana::woohoo::wizard::cool1::yay:

I'm so bummed. Free Dining starts after we switch to the DVC rental I got. I was really hoping to add it or a room only discount to the first three days of my stay.

Can't wait to hear where you are staying!

Boo that stinks!!! That would have been fun to be able to add it!

Um.... so not fair to tease me like that.

Meanie! :rotfl:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you booked at an Epcot resort :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Hahahaha however did you know???

My vote is that you are going back to the Yacht Club. Am I right?

Close!! Right across the lake this time!! :goodvibes

Don't know which place, but I know it will be exciting.

I, too, made a Disney phone call today. I may have added one trip for the spring with the free dining, just in case it does work out for me to go. :goodvibes

Oooooh very nice!!! I hope it works out that you get to go!! :yay:

Ooooooh!! I don't know where you are going! I'm going with......Beach Club....or Boardwalk. Can I have two guesses?? :laughing:

Hey, we had 3 contenders in the end, so I say yes, you can have 2 guesses! And you were right! I'm very excited about the Boardwalk, I think it'll be fun :yay:

Yay for the Boardwalk! Free dining rocks!

I really like staying at the boardwalk, it's so fun and lively!

And.. we'll be at the Beach Club, so the chance that you'll see me flailing towards you yelling "STRIIIIIIIIIIIIINGBEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN" just increased exponentially :rotfl:

Hi! I just read all your updates and am joining in. I really like your plans, and to catch up with the questions: Epcot, and Adventure Land. I have an odd love of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.

Welcome!!! :yay: Epcot and Adventureland are my favorites too! I don't think I've actually been in the Swiss Family Robinson house before. It seemed like a lot more walking when I was already walking around the parks :laughing:. I know I should check it out one day though, it looks fun!

Congrats on free dining! :banana: Now that they've extended it, it really makes me want to book a quick weekend trip in December!! :eek: Probably won't be doing that, but the temptation is there! :laughing:

I'm going to guess you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, since everyone is guessing an Epcot resort! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I was so excited it was within our dates! Hahaha I'd be tempted too!

We love eating at AKL, but I think staying there would just put us too far away from Epcot :laughing:.

TEASE!! :rotfl:

My guess is the Boardwalk. I'm going with the our-favorite-resort-is-epcot-and-we-have-to-be-close-to-it theory. :lmao:

Hahaha sorry!!! :laughing:

Yay you're right!!! :yay: That is EXACTLY my theory!! :rotfl:

I love your trip reports! I must say that I agree with you about the mickey mail. It makes my day (week, really) so much better!

Welcome!! Thank you!! :goodvibes

Mickey Mail is so fun to find, isn't it? :woohoo:

Yay for the Boardwalk! Free dining rocks!

I really like staying at the boardwalk, it's so fun and lively!

And.. we'll be at the Beach Club, so the chance that you'll see me flailing towards you yelling "STRIIIIIIIIIIIIINGBEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN" just increased exponentially :rotfl:

Yay!!!! I didn't realize you were staying at the Beach Club!!! :rotfl: It's a small Crescent Lake after all! :boat:

I love free dining!!! Hahaha. I'm VERY excited about the Boardwalk, I think it'll be a lot of fun!

Yay for free dining and your switch to the Boardwalk! I'm sure you're completely broken-hearted that you'll be so close to Epcot... :lmao:

Aside from all the possibilties at Epcot, think of all of the dining and entertainment possibilities right outside your door! You can practically roll out of bed and sleepwalk your way over to your Kouzzina ADR!

Yay for the Boardwalk! :banana: I would love to stay there someday, it's so pretty!

I'm really having regrets about not staying at an Epcot resort this year, just because of Food and wine, but I can't wait for my Wilderness Lodge!

I have seen you on LL's and MeMom's reports so I am joining in! We are booked for January as well and I cannot WAIT to go back!

Oooooh, Boardwalk, very nice! It always looks so beautiful there. My best friend stayed there last year and they LOVED it!

Boardwalk - Awesome! :cool1: I think the lobby there is so cool! I love that whole Atlantic City circa 1950's theme. I am really jonesing to stay there for F&W 2012. Congrats. I am sure you will LOVE IT!

SB that. Is such cool news :cool1:Very fun that you now have free dining for all those great ADRs you had already made plus a deluxe resort stay that is doubly awesome! :woohoo: good for you

Yay for Boardwalk!! I :lovestruc Boardwalk. I stayed there in January and I really really want to stay there again. It was so amazing to be so close to World Showcase AND Hollywood Studios. Both are just a short walk away. :thumbsup2

I've never heard of marshmallow froot loops? That sounds pretty awesome. The newest cereal Wingnut has brought home is S'mores cereal, it's pretty good!

I've wondered why Lilo isn't a face character, but then I was thinking maybe it's because she's supposed to be a little girl, so they probably wouldn't be able to find anyone to really portray her. A P&F dining experience would be a lot of fun! (I also think a Toy Story character meal is LONG overdue!)

We love watching TV with the Netflix (I think no commercials is one of my favorite parts :laughing:). Netflix has SO many episodes of P&F, I was almost overwhelmed when I first saw it! Where do I even begin?? :rotfl:

I'm terrible at picking favorites too (but Fantasyland is a great choice too...I love that it has so many of the classic rides jam-packed in there! When people ask me what my favorite color is, I'm like "umm...today I'll say green!", because it really does change every minute :laughing:. What can I say? I love them all! Or I'm just incredibly fickle...:rolleyes1

We just found the marshmallow kind at Wal-Mart one time, and it's a good thing they're only there or I'd eat them non-stop!

That makes sense about Lilo, but it could be grown-up Lilo now! I guess she's supposed to be younger than Wendy, but since the movie was released so long ago, I bet kids could accept an aged-up version. We've been trying to catch the new P&F movie but after so long just watching Netflix with no schedules and being in a non-EST time zone, we just keep seeing various 10- minute blocks. But it is penciled in for tonight!

Or favorite TV show - I have certain genres I love to watch (animation, important lady characters, lawyers, etc.) but since these so rarely overlap, I would never be able to pick!

Yay for free dining and the Boardwalk! We were lucky enough to get free dining during our stay too, only this caused us to redo the entire vacation. :faint: Much more practical to wait until after the discounts come out to book things!

YAY for free dining!!!:dance3:
The Boardwalk sounds amazing...ya know, except for that clown slide:scared1::rotfl2:! Jk. It will be absolutely perfect. I cannot wait to stay in an Epcot resort one day; how did I know that you'd pick one over there!?!;)

Yay for free dining and your switch to the Boardwalk! I'm sure you're completely broken-hearted that you'll be so close to Epcot... :lmao:

Aside from all the possibilties at Epcot, think of all of the dining and entertainment possibilities right outside your door! You can practically roll out of bed and sleepwalk your way over to your Kouzzina ADR!

Hahahaha I know, why on earth would I want to be close to THERE? ;). And DHS is one of our favorites as well, so it's fun to be close to there too!

I'm very excited about being this close to a bunch of our ADR's! I feel like these would have been on the more annoying end to get to had we not been staying in the area (probably because I'm used to getting to other places from there! :laughing:)

Yay for the Boardwalk! :banana: I would love to stay there someday, it's so pretty!

I'm really having regrets about not staying at an Epcot resort this year, just because of Food and wine, but I can't wait for my Wilderness Lodge!

:yay: I'm very excited to stay there, I don't think I've ever even been inside! But Wingnut loved it, and keeps talking about how much he enjoyed it!

I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time at WL! That was the one I kept going back and forth between. I still really want to stay there someday, it looks absolutely gorgeous, and I'm sure that the bus to Epcot will be a pretty short ride!

I would love to satay at the Boardwalk, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks!! We're both really excited! :goodvibes

I have seen you on LL's and MeMom's reports so I am joining in! We are booked for January as well and I cannot WAIT to go back!

Oooooh, Boardwalk, very nice! It always looks so beautiful there. My best friend stayed there last year and they LOVED it!

Welcome!!!! :yay:

Yay for you going in January as well!!! Hopefully these next few months go quick!! :laughing:

Thanks!! It does look beautiful, and from what I can tell from the pictures, it has a lot of cute details! I'm glad to hear your friend enjoyed their stay!! :goodvibes

Boardwalk - Awesome! :cool1: I think the lobby there is so cool! I love that whole Atlantic City circa 1950's theme. I am really jonesing to stay there for F&W 2012. Congrats. I am sure you will LOVE IT!

Thanks!!! It does look really cool, I really like the theme! Wingnut thinks I'll like staying there too, it already has points with me for location! :thumbsup2:laughing:

ohhh just think...its just a short walk to world showcase!!!!

I know!!! :love: I love going into Epcot through the International Gateway!!

SB that. Is such cool news :cool1:Very fun that you now have free dining for all those great ADRs you had already made plus a deluxe resort stay that is doubly awesome! :woohoo: good for you

Thanks!!! I know, I was SO hoping for Free Dining, and was so happy when it worked out!! This definitely worked out better than I had hoped for! :goodvibes

Yay for Boardwalk!! I :lovestruc Boardwalk. I stayed there in January and I really really want to stay there again. It was so amazing to be so close to World Showcase AND Hollywood Studios. Both are just a short walk away. :thumbsup2

Yay I'm glad to hear you enjoyed staying there!!! I agree, I think the location there is the best! :yay:

We just found the marshmallow kind at Wal-Mart one time, and it's a good thing they're only there or I'd eat them non-stop!

That makes sense about Lilo, but it could be grown-up Lilo now! I guess she's supposed to be younger than Wendy, but since the movie was released so long ago, I bet kids could accept an aged-up version. We've been trying to catch the new P&F movie but after so long just watching Netflix with no schedules and being in a non-EST time zone, we just keep seeing various 10- minute blocks. But it is penciled in for tonight!

Or favorite TV show - I have certain genres I love to watch (animation, important lady characters, lawyers, etc.) but since these so rarely overlap, I would never be able to pick!

Yay for free dining and the Boardwalk! We were lucky enough to get free dining during our stay too, only this caused us to redo the entire vacation. :faint: Much more practical to wait until after the discounts come out to book things!

She could be grown-up Lilo, but I guess Disney just wanted her to have a giant plastic head :rotfl:.

I saw 2/3rds of the new P&F movie the other night (then Jersey Shore came on...:rolleyes1), from what I saw, it's not too bad. I wish I could say I enjoyed it more, actually! Maybe I need to watch it again. I'm interested to hear what you think...

I was very excited that things worked out for our trip!! I'm glad you got the free dining too, redoing the trip must have been worth it (as much as you probably hadn't wanted to!). It probably is more practical to wait for the discounts to come out, THEN book. I just can't wait that long! :laughing:

YAY for free dining!!!:dance3:
The Boardwalk sounds amazing...ya know, except for that clown slide:scared1::rotfl2:! Jk. It will be absolutely perfect. I cannot wait to stay in an Epcot resort one day; how did I know that you'd pick one over there!?!;)

Hahaha I'm already telling people, "we're staying at the Boardwalk...that's where the creepy slide is!" I'm definitely going to be avoiding that pool! Wingnut keeps reassuring me that there are quiet (i.e. clown-free) pools too!

I am really SO excited about staying there though! I think that it'll be really nice! Hahaha given the option, Wingnut and I will probably always choose to stay in that area! The location is just perfect for us! :goodvibes

Hahaha I'm already telling people, "we're staying at the Boardwalk...that's where the creepy slide is!" I'm definitely going to be avoiding that pool! Wingnut keeps reassuring me that there are quiet (i.e. clown-free) pools too!

I know I've read a lot of posts about people not liking the Clown Pool but we spent some real quality time in that pool when we stayed at Boardwalk and my grandkids loved that slide............clown and all! :rotfl:

I'm sure you'll enjoy Boardwalk. It's really a lovely resort and you can't beat being on the Boardwalk and that close to Epcot!:goodvibes

She could be grown-up Lilo, but I guess Disney just wanted her to have a giant plastic head :rotfl:.

I saw 2/3rds of the new P&F movie the other night (then Jersey Shore came on...:rolleyes1), from what I saw, it's not too bad. I wish I could say I enjoyed it more, actually! Maybe I need to watch it again. I'm interested to hear what you think...

I was very excited that things worked out for our trip!! I'm glad you got the free dining too, redoing the trip must have been worth it (as much as you probably hadn't wanted to!). It probably is more practical to wait for the discounts to come out, THEN book. I just can't wait that long! :laughing:

Giant plastic heads are definitely what make my vacation.

We... forgot to watch. :faint: So now it's set to DVR tomorrow! But we have seen the beginning and I have to say, I really liked the scene where P&F met Agent P (err, spoiler?). I thought they did a very good job with Phineas' reaction to learning about Perry, especially after his breakdown in the summer vacation movie. I know this isn't the show to be watching for character development or arcs (Avatar: the Last Airbender is my character growth animated show of choice :rolleyes:), but I really like the continuity re: Phineas reacting badly when things don't go the way his way or a situation is outside of his comfort zone/control.

And I want to know about Ferb's double life! :lmao:

Have you ever browsed the TV tropes page for Phineas and Ferb? Excellent way to kill an afternoon (or more. :rolleyes:)

We mostly just switched resorts and added a day, so not too bad. And most of our ADRs stayed the same, which was the only thing I was concerned about (boyfriend: not so much).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter