A Special Disney Mother's Day? Help me make it special

Hiram_Hill

Earning My Ears
We're taking an end of the college year trip to WDW starting May 9th-May16. Mother's day happens to fall in that time frame, and as usual, my wife doesn't know what she wants, but wants something special.

Yes, I can call and have flowers delivered to the room, or I could go to the epcot brunch, but she's not too into that. The flowers are passive, and the brunch just isn't her scene.

I wish I knew what park we were going to be in, and that would help with the planning, but I want to know if there is something that can be done special for her during this day that's kinda off the beaten Disney path.

Anyone have any ideas or cast members want to help make my wife and wonderful mother to our son's day special?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put the idea out here for public consumption.

I'm going to go dig through the Disney planning folder and see if I can discern with park we're going to be in on Sunday.

Also, she has a tight grip on the finances meaning that I went back to college and am making virtually $0 and she's bringing home the bacon, so I feel bad spending her money on her gift, even though we don't do our finances that way, I'd like for it to be a surprise (as in, I can't pay for anything now to tip her hand)... I'd have to do it close to the date we're leaving.

how sweet!

I don't know what you could buy her, just remember to tell her how much you appreciate her being a "wonderful mother to our son".

Maybe give her a massage, paying special attention to her feet! lol. I know my feet are always sore when we go to WDW.

Alright, we're going to be in Magic Kingdom on Sunday!

That's her favorite. She LOVES Carousel of Progress because it's something Walt touched. However, she also loves Splash Mountain, BTMR, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.

We'll have our 6 year old with us the whole time, so it needs to be something 'family'.

I just don't have any ideas...

We have reservations for the character dinner at Liberty Tree at 4:05pm.

It would be a neat surprise to order her favorite dessert and have them decorate it for mother's day. Serve that at LT. Have your DC make a card for her to present then. Maybe take a picture of DC and frame it for her office or home.

As a mother (and woman, really) the best gifts are the ones that are heartfelt. Show her how much she is appreciated by taking the time to plan things special to her.

Sounds like you are a great DH!

call disney dining and request a special dessert. Buy her a pair of Mickey earrings and give them to her at dinner.

Ahhh, how fun! Dis'ners are the best and I know will have lots of great ideas for you! :goodvibes

How about a nice carriage ride?? :flower3:

Disney World Carriage Rides
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

A relaxing and cozy 25 -minute carriage ride through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

$35.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted
Small carriage holds 2 adults and 1 small child.
Large carriage holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children.
Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
Begins at 6:00 pm with the last ride departing at 9:30pm
Departs from Crockett’s Tavern at Pioneer Hall.
Beverages are permitted
Advance reservations can be made up to 90 days ahead by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. A $35 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will apply.

On our C'mas Disney cruise a few yrs back, DD and SIL celebrated their annv. DSIL arranged w/head waiter her gift would to be delivered at dinner. Imagine her surprise when the waiter lifted the lid and she was graced with a piece of beautiful jewlery! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter