A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really enjoyed your TRs in the past. Looking forward to this one as well! :thumbsup2

I was there for the first week of F&W at the end of Sept. Sadly, I was disappointed with a few of the samples from the booths that I had this year & had been looking forward to trying for months. I hope it was only due to being the first week & bad luck on my part perhaps & that it's much better for those who were there after me & are there now.

Ready to read! So happy to see your new reports and I apologize for abandoning my last one. Life happens! But I have plans to make it up....

I can't wait! I am a former lurker, but to post first... Revealing myself! Mom to a crazy three year old (among others ), heading to the Poly this Xmas, and loved your past reports, so as I said... Can't wait!
Welcome into the light...

Looks like I'm a little tardy to the party! I somehow missed that you has started this report but I'm here now! Can't wait to hear about tall the sig's you went to :)

So excited to read another food report from you!
Thanks so much. I'm excited to share!

I've really enjoyed your TRs in the past. Looking forward to this one as well! :thumbsup2

I was there for the first week of F&W at the end of Sept. Sadly, I was disappointed with a few of the samples from the booths that I had this year & had been looking forward to trying for months. I hope it was only due to being the first week & bad luck on my part perhaps & that it's much better for those who were there after me & are there now.
Thanks for coming along again.

We did the first week of F&W last year and it was definitely hit or miss too. Think it takes them a little while to work all the kinks out.

Made it over :yay:
Well it's about time ; )

Ready to read! So happy to see your new reports and I apologize for abandoning my last one. Life happens! But I have plans to make it up....
I definitely understand how that goes. Took me over a month to get this started, but better late than never ; )

Looks like I'm a little tardy to the party! I somehow missed that you has started this report but I'm here now! Can't wait to hear about tall the sig's you went to :)
Totally have the real housewives don't me tardy to the party song ringing through my head. If you don't know what I'm talking about consider your ears very, very lucky ; )

Glad you are here.

Oh, wow! May I join the party, too?!
But of course, the more the merrier!!!! Welcome

Sunshine Seasons on My Shoulder Makes Me Happy

Dining report commencing in 3, 2, 1...........And we're off........

With a lovely 4:30 am wake-up call, we were off in the dark to our happy place. After a quick trip to the airport, Casey christened the food portion of our trip with an oh so original airport bagel.

She proclaimed "It's great, It's good, I love bagels"

Our flight was thankfully uneventful and more importantly on time.

And after a quick ride on the faux-norail

And magical express we were soon greeted my name and with some leis for our first stay at the Polynesian. Thanks to a very "magical" deal from a travel agency that I can't name on here, we got a rate that was too good to pass up. Unfortunately we had some check-in issues (apparently they had the wrong expiration date on our credit card, but that took 20 minutes and a call to the bank to figure out) and our room wasn't ready, but we were in freaking Disney, so off to Ep-A-Cot (aka what Casey calls Epcot for any newbies) we went.

After a quick walk to the monorail (loved this aspect of the Poly) we visited Casey's favorite purple dragon before grabbing some much needed lunch at Sunshine Seasons in The Land. For anyone who hasn't eaten there before, Sunshine Seasons is one of the best counter services on property. It's set up like a food court, but they have tons of fresh and even (gasp) healthy options. They set the bar for what a good counter service should really be.

For his lunch, Jason ordered the Chipotle Turkey Sandwich

This is turkey and monterey jack on ciabatta bread with chipotle mayo and a side of potato salad. This had way too much bread to it (this tends to be a disney issue across the board), but the chipotle added some nice heat and smokey flavor. The potato salad was vinegar, not mayo based, and quite tasty. He was quite pleased with his choice.

Casey and I decided to share the Oak Grilled Vegetarian Flatbread Sandwich (ok I decided on this, but she doesn't eat much and their kids meals options were pretty uninspired)

This had grilled eggplant, zucchini, onions, and red peppers on a flatbread with some olives, feta, and hummus and a side of cole slaw. The bread on this was a bit soggy from all the ingredients and had to be eaten with a fork, but besides that it was really good. Unfortunately they didn't indicate that the hummus was spicy, so it was a bit too hot for Casey. So she just ate the veggies, along with some of Jason's turkey, and his copious amounts of bread. The cole slaw tasted like KFC's but with a few raisins thrown in for some seasonal good measure. As I'm not a fan of Colonel Sanders I didn't care for it, but Casey seemed to enjoy.

From lunch we ventured all the way over to the airplane hanger to soar over the west coast and then hit up one of my all time favorites where we listened to the land that we all love...listen to the land...listen to the land. Unfortunately as we were boarding the boat Casey was a bit too enthusiastic in her approach and somehow managed to kick her Daddy in the family jewels. I of course being the caring wife that I am took a picture ; )

Speaking of enthusiasm, this was her before meeting Mickey if it gives you any indication of what poor Jason encountered

Thankfully Mickey faired much better

Before leaving we let Casey load up at the Club Cool to keep her going after our early wake-up call. And yes I'm an equally caring mother as I am wife and let her enjoy her first sip of Beverley

She declared it Nas-teeeeeeee!

Thankfully our room was ready when we got back and despite having a standard room and requesting just to be away from the construction and a top floor, we were thrilled to find ourselves on the 3rd floor of the Samoan longhouse with this as our view.

I'll complain a bit and say that the pool was loud, but we were thrilled not to be overlooking a giant mud pit.

As for our room here are a few pictures.

Overall we really loved the Polynesian. You can't beat being on the monorail line and despite the construction the resort is absolutely gorgeous. All the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and filed with aloha's and the room was large and beautiful. While it didn't capture my heart like Wilderness Lodge did, if the price is right again I'm sure we'll be back.

I'll end it there for today. Up next, we're eating in the land we just soared over.....

Last edited:
Wow the room is really nice. Not nice enough to make me stay there, but nice.

Yay sunshine seasons, we always end up eating there at at least 1 EPCOT day (or as my daughter is calling it Apricot).

I'm just joining. Your room looks fab. Love Sunshine seasons. Looking forward to loads of food to help with our planning for August.

Casey is adorable! Especially loved her pre-Mickey enthusiasm photo. That's me every time I think about my upcoming trip.

The meal at Sunshine looks refreshing. Well if it's the best CS then I guess I'll have to try it.
I'm actually a little scared to read the rest of your report since I know I'll probably want to eat at every one. Just when I thought I finally had it all figured out when it comes to where I want to eat...... Decisions, decisions....
But now I'm addicted so can't stay away now. Guess for now I'll have to eat vicariously thru you and this report...
Looking forward to it

What a great start! We stayed at the Poly back in 09 and enjoyed it. Sunshine season looks so good, can you believe I have never been. Just need to branch out and try something new next time.

What an opening day! Casey is such a sweetie!

I couldn't agree more with your Sunshine Season thoughts. There is something for everyone. It is a never-fail stop for our Epcot days. (Or should that be Ep-A-Cot?!)

Joining in, I so want to try the Sunshine Season. We did stay at the Poly last November and despite the construction we had a great time. It looks like the Sunshine Seasons has many unique choices which is a nice change for a QS.

Sunshine Seasons is one of the best counter services on property

Absolutely! We're just never over in this area around meal time! We're usually deep in the WS.

This is turkey and monterey jack on ciabatta bread with chipotle mayo

Anything Turkey and Ciabatta is my DM's FAVORITE! And the fact that it has way too much bread, is for reals, up her alley.

Casey and I decided to share the Oak Grilled Vegetarian Flatbread Sandwich (ok I decided on this, but she doesn't eat much and their kids meals options were pretty uninspired)

I was going to say, Casey has exquisite taste!

all time favorites where we listened to the land that we all love...listen to the land...listen to the land.

And now it's in my head:thumbsup2

a8cb08e2-942e-4441-a1c5-28815e8bc764.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Aw so precious!

:thumbsup2 I told DH if we're able to go in January, this is a must do for DS!

Great view!

Love the room, especially the bathroom!

despite the construction the resort is absolutely gorgeous

Do you know how much longer the construction will be going on? I'm really trying not to talk too much about this January trip (Want to get the OK from my doctor before I announce anything, which I'm praying she'll OK!) but I completely lucked out and got 4 nights at the new Poly Villas :hyper:

The Poly looks amazing. Unfortunately I have more of a value shaped wallet but one day I'll get there.

I can't believe how much Casey has grown since your last report - I know it wasn't that long between your last two trips but she looks like she's shot up quite a bit!

Kicked in the nuts on the first day of vacation-check! :thumbsup2
You know I love the faux-norail? Even though it's not in Disney yet, it's still my "we're here!" moment each time we go :goodvibes
Glad you enjoyed the Poly overall; DH and I are staying there for the first time in Jan. and I'm really looking forward to it. DH is still whining a bit that I'm pulling him away from his precious BWV.....(which I also love, don't get me wrong!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter