A Sickie, 3 Hotels, 6 Parks, Boyfriend Drama and Fun Galore:

:yay::yay::yay::yay: Animal Kingdom...I love that park.

I'm so happy you got to see Devine. She is so intriguing to watch.

You got the lioness up walking. How cool!

And LOVE the giraffe pictures.

That's cute that Morgan was so excited to meet Ariel.

Ahhhh, gotta love taking a double lap on the PeoIplemover and resting your feet while enjoying great views! :cloud9:
We did love that double lap and got great castle pictures!!

Very cool that you saw DeVine! It's been awhile for me. So funny when you can see her and others don't and are so confused. :rotfl:
I could have watched her for a lot longer had Mom and Morgan not wanted me to move so quickly.

Looks like you had a great birthday in MK. You got some great pics of you, your mom and Morgan. I am glad you were able to go on safari without fast pass +. Looks like you got some good photos of the animals.

It only took about 5 minutes to get on. We were on a wheel chair accessible truck. We had fun taking pictures both our own and photo pass.

Frozen cupcakes... the breakfast of champions! :lmao:

On my birthday, I thought it was a great breakfast.

I'm glad you didn't have any problems getting in. The FP system seemed a little funny, so I worried about how that would all work out.

Loved that cupcake!!!!
We did too!!

::yes:: Fantasyland is pretty incredible.
This was the first time we had been to the new fantasyland since it was started. We enjoyed the day of exploration.

Nice Birthday magic! :thumbsup2
It was a Magical birthday.

More Birthday magic! Cool!

It has been years since I've seen a parade from up there. Great job getting a spot. Probably a good perspective on that parade given the height of most of the floats. Sorry the tree was in the way.
It was a great place to watch the parade.

Having sat by those windows, I'm not sure I ever want to eat there and not be by the windows. It would be a disappointment to say the least.
I understand that!!

I'm glad that you had a good experience there. And great timing scoring the ADR before the refurb!
I worked for 3 months to try to get this

I'm glad she got to meet Ariel! Too bad she wasn't in the castle.
MOrgan loved meeting Ariel.

It looks like you had a great Birthday in the MK. Can't think of a better way to spend it!
It was a great day. I am glad we decided to go to the MK.

Good call.

Wow! I've never seen her. I didn't know they had PP with her!
She is just behind the ride. It was great.

:yay::yay::yay::yay: Animal Kingdom...I love that park.

I'm so happy you got to see Devine. She is so intriguing to watch.
She was even for the 5 minutes I got to watch her. I've never seen her at park opening before. Animal Kingdom was fun.

You got the lioness up walking. How cool!
That was very cool. Wait til Tuesday and you see the cool pics.

And LOVE the giraffe pictures.
More cool giraffe pics coming!!:rainbow:

More Animal Kingdom pictures coming up.

Then to on to Rafiki Planet Watch by train. We spent a lot of time in the petting area with Mom and Morgan having fun!! Very not scripted or planned. We had a great interaction with Rafiki and then watched a Vulture be examined. It was really fun to see some of the same equipment that we have in the OR and recovery room that we have.

Morgan trying to get the attention of Jack??
IMG_20150105_103221_048.jpg
Mom and Morgan could have stayed here all day

Then we went to Finding Nemo. This was one of the things on our Bucket list. All three of us enjoyed this show. It was great. Can’t say enough good about it.

Then we went to Dino Land and Road Dinosaur. This is another we haven’t done before. We waited about 30 minutes however the queque was great.

After we rode Dinosaur, Morgan and I rode Pimeval Whirl. We now Understand why it is call Primevil Hurl!! We didn’t but it was fun.

We moved towards the gate and to the car.

What is up next? Movies at the Studios.

Looks like you guys really had fun at Rafiki's. Glad you enjoyed Nemo and Dinosaur too.

It was really fun to see some of the same equipment that we have in the OR and recovery room that we have.
When we went with my parents and sisters a couple of years ago, and my sister who is about to finish school to become a vet tech spent all afternoon there. I can only imagine how interesting it might be to someone who has an idea what's going on.

Then we went to Dino Land and Road Dinosaur. This is another we haven’t done before. We waited about 30 minutes however the queque was great.
You've never ridden it??? I'm glad you corrected that situation! I love the ride. Kind of seems to be a love it or hate it type of ride among the Dis community, but I think it's a lot of fun.

After we rode Dinosaur, Morgan and I rode Pimeval Whirl. We now Understand why it is call Primevil Hurl!! We didn’t but it was fun.
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I'm glad you didn't hurl and had some fun.

Looks like you guys really had fun at Rafiki's. Glad you enjoyed Nemo and Dinosaur too.
I know that we spent maybe 30 minutes in the petting zoo and another 20-30 minutes watching the vulture get xrayed and wing dressed. It was nice not to be in such a hurry that we missed the fun. The interactions with the cast members here were a lot of fun.
When we went with my parents and sisters a couple of years ago, and my sister who is about to finish school to become a vet tech spent all afternoon there. I can only imagine how interesting it might be to someone who has an idea what's going on.
The bare hugger and alaris pump was next to me yesterday but I didn't use them.

You've never ridden it??? I'm glad you corrected that situation! I love the ride. Kind of seems to be a love it or hate it type of ride among the Dis community, but I think it's a lot of fun. I had only walked through Dino Land. It was fun to explore there.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I'm glad you didn't hurl and had some fun.
I am glad I didn't hurl either. It was a lot of fun. We rode with a father daughter pair and were all laughing at each others responses as we were trying to see over dino land.

sounds like a nice conversation in line for Ariel - and a very nice picture with the mermaid

Any day that ends on the people mover is a good one :goodvibes

Nice start tot he Animal Kingdom day - nice photopass pictures from out front!

sounds like a nice conversation in line for Ariel - and a very nice picture with the mermaid
It is nice to talk with like minded people. This gentleman just wanted to hear about his daughter's experience and get her home safely. We just wanted some time with Morgan as it is getting harder and harder to get. In spite if Morgan feeling so bad, I thought the pictures turned out very good.

Any day that ends on the people mover is a good one :goodvibesAgreed!!

Nice start tot he Animal Kingdom day - nice photopass pictures from out front!
It was a good Animal Kingdom day and a great start to a good day.

:sad2::worried::worried:
January 5th pm- Movies at the Studios

At least a couple of times a day, Morgan stalked Facebook to see if her boyfriend had left messages. This was the day that Morgan was looking forward to. She was going to get her boyfriend something Star Wars. In fact, she was thinking of making a light saber.

ON the way to the Studios we stopped to eat at the same place we had breakfast. McDonalds. The McDonalds off of Osceola Parkway is very nice. We grabbed food and a bit of rest and then went straight to the Studios. We were in the car. The rest of the week, we drove leaving the chair in the car at night. This got us closer to the parks and Morgan can score at finding parking places!!

We had some time before our first fast pass window so we took it all in and spent some time checking out the Sorceress Hat that would begin its removal the next day!!

Mom really liked her ride and Morgan's ear's.

Our first fast pass was star tours and then we let out into…guess…any guesses…a shop…the Star Wars. Morgan was on a Mission. To buy the boyfriend his gifts and her friend Angela who loves Mickey but has nothing Star Wars a Star Wars Mickey.

Seen here making a light Saber.

We watched the Muppets 3D, then took time to enjoy a treat. Well I’ll just have to tell you about the treat as I don’t seem to have a picture.
I’d never had a Mickey bar…well I no longer have a Mickey bar as they were very good.

Then off to the 2nd FP+.

After Toy Story Mania which we love we wandered around trying to figure out what to do next. We went to

Morgan and I had planned that we would do Rockin Roller Coaster Single rider line. Guess what wasn’t working this evening. So for us, sad faces :(:mad::sad1::worried: as we could not leave mom 40 minutes for the standby line.

You can actually "make" a light saber??? That is so cool. I will have to check that out. Looks like another fun day though!

You can actually "make" a light saber??? That is so cool. I will have to check that out. Looks like another fun day though!
Yes you can make a light saber. Morgan had fun doing it. I think it cost her 23 dollars or so. The rest of the day was great too. More on that soon.

So off to the Great Movie Ride. Mom loved this. We were in front next to the tour guide!! This was a great spot to see everything from.[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150105_181200_241_zpsxdlwnwii.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150105_181322_213_zpsklzkqt3k.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150105_181214_078_zpsjv2mnp0r.jpg.html]
50/APrice6768/IMG_20150105_181214_078_zpsjv2mnp0r.jpg[/IMG][/URL
]

[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150105_182236_871_zpswixfj9ou.jpg.html][/URL

]

All of the above are scenes from one of Mine and Morgan’s faves. Wizard of Oz.

Our FP window had opened up. We parked Mom in a safe spot she could people watch from and headed to one of my favorite rides. Morgan and I love this. And somebody is going to get to ride twice. Well Mom rides most everything but she doesn’t like roller coasters or drops. Sometimes she isn’t in the mood for very fast either. So no checking into the Hollywood hotel for mom. Now this is a place that we did like getting our FP for everyone. We take Mom’s magic band from her arm and off we go. Morgan and I went through FP line and were at our elevator in less than 10 minutes. It was a great ride.[URL=http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o450/APrice6768/wdw2015006172908100_7148726847_zpsjzoebbap.mp4][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/wdw2015006172890343_7148687791_zpslslup5bj.jpg.html][/URL

][URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/db8979b8-0fe6-4648-8489-581f00225e62_zpswjtclscd.jpg.html]

And Morgan’s solo ride

[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/wdw2015006172898314_7148702979_zpscl4ygtdo.jpg.html]

Morgan went to ride again while I checked on Mom and tried to get another FP since we had used all three. I managed to get Fantasmic. We really hadn’t planned on this but Mom was tired and hungry and wanted to see a show. Mom’s luck was good as the only FP left at Studios was for Fantasmic.

Mom and I made a decision without Morgan. Food, then Fantasmic then bed for tomorrow was a day we all were looking forward to.

Mom and I wanted Fairfax Faire with the ribs and chicken and Morgan didn’t think that sounded good so we went to Rosie’s All American Café. Morgan wanted Chicken Nuggets and Fries and I got the Fresh Angus Straw Onion cheeseburger with coleslaw and a cup of soup for Mom. Mom ate my slaw with her soup and I had some of Morgan’s French fries. Mom loved her veggie soup and slaw. Morgan’s belly was smaller than her eyes. My burger was very good and so were Morgan’s fries. The food was hot and fresh. While I waited to order and got to the window, Morgan found a table and parked Mom. Tonight was one of many times we did this, then Morgan came back to help me with the food or the other way around. Mom is sitting holding our table and people ask if they can sit with her. My Mom has a sense of humor. She told them sure they could join her if they didn’t mind us sitting in their laps when we got back with her food!! No one at the table with her. I think this became her pat answer with the same results each time.

After eating, we went into Fantasmic. I am going to say this with the chance of not making friends on the DIS. I really like DL version better. Tonight it was cold and we were getting tired. We watched, enjoyed then were glad to leave and return to Kidani where I think it took 10 minutes for us to all be asleep.

Before leaving to return to Kidani…one last goodbye.

[/URL
][URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/wdw2015006172947421_7148823987_zpsdueljzti.jpg.html]
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

Seen here making a light Saber.
Cool! I'm sure that choice was a hit.

Well I’ll just have to tell you about the treat as I don’t seem to have a picture.
I’d never had a Mickey bar…well I no longer have a Mickey bar as they were very good.
Those things are awesome!!! How did it take you so long?

Morgan and I had planned that we would do Rockin Roller Coaster Single rider line. Guess what wasn’t working this evening. So for us, sad faces :(:mad::sad1::worried: as we could not leave mom 40 minutes for the standby line.
Darn! I'm sure the 40 minute wait wasn't quite 40 minutes, but I totally understand. This is what I hate about the stupid FP+ tier thing.

So off to the Great Movie Ride. Mom loved this. We were in front next to the tour guide!! This was a great spot to see everything from.
I love front row! We sat there once, and it really is neat to see it from that perspective and maybe even get some one on one interaction with the CMs between scenes.

Morgan went to ride again while I checked on Mom and tried to get another FP since we had used all three. I managed to get Fantasmic. We really hadn’t planned on this but Mom was tired and hungry and wanted to see a show. Mom’s luck was good as the only FP left at Studios was for Fantasmic.
Nice! I'm glad she got a second ride, but you did well with your third FP+!

I am going to say this with the chance of not making friends on the DIS. I really like DL version better.
I don't see how anyone who has seen both could disagree.

I like the DHS theater much better. But as for the show. DL has it hands down.

Before leaving to return to Kidani…one last goodbye.
Goodbye, or good riddance? :rolleyes1

Cool! I'm sure that choice was a hit.

Those things are awesome!!! How did it take you so long?
I don't know!! They are good!! So simple but good. Now if I could just find them at the local grocery store.

Darn! I'm sure the 40 minute wait wasn't quite 40 minutes, but I totally understand. This is what I hate about the stupid FP+ tier thing.
Me and you both although I thought Morgan did well getting our fp+ here. Star tours, toy story mania and Tower of Terror, then we got the 4th after using the other 3-Fantasmic

I love front row! We sat there once, and it reallFor y is neat to see it from that perspective and maybe even get some one on one interaction with the CMs between scenes.
It was fun. We could see everything

Nice! I'm glad she got a second ride, but you did well with your third FP+!
Morgan loved it as well. It was a great evening

I don't see how anyone who has seen both could disagree.

I like the DHS theater much better. But as for the show. DL has it hands down.
Now I will agree with you on the better show. One of the things I like about this show is they use the rides I've ridden earlier in the day and I find my own place to sit or stand like Illuminations

Goodbye, or good riddance? :rolleyes1
For me goodbye. I really didn't like it when they stopped using the Earful Tower as DHS icon but I also like the scorcer's hat but I really like seeing Scorcer
Mickey.

I really hope to get another update up today. We have about 6 inches of snow. Guess it is time to work on getting the dish uncovered and the car cleaned off

Now I will agree with you on the better show. One of the things I like about this show is they use the rides I've ridden earlier in the day and I find my own place to sit or stand like Illuminations
This might have been my experience then... we had FP from a dining package. We were told to get there an hour before the show and we basically ended up standing there for an hour, being bored and stuck in a corral waiting for the show to start. I wasn't a big fan of that part.

For me goodbye. I really didn't like it when they stopped using the Earful Tower as DHS icon but I also like the scorcer's hat but I really like seeing Scorcer
Mickey.
Ok, that's fair. I guess I didn't mind the Sorcerer's hat in and of itself. I just wasn't crazy about them blocking the theater. My first visit to DHS... or MGM was just a few months after it opened. So when I saw pictures on Facebook yesterday of the view from the entrance of the park with the theater standing tall at the end of the street being totally unobstructed, it definitely had a nostalgic feel!

This might have been my experience then... we had FP from a dining package. We were told to get there an hour before the show and we basically ended up standing there for an hour, being bored and stuck in a corral waiting for the show to start. I wasn't a big fan of that part.
We went into the Handicapped area and had great seats. Mom was in the w/c and we were up on a ledge but had a seat. We got there 15 or 20 minutes before the show and I was able to run get drinks and snacks.

Ok, that's fair. I guess I didn't mind the Sorcerer's hat in and of itself. I just wasn't crazy about them blocking the theater. My first visit to DHS... or MGM was just a few months after it opened. So when I saw pictures on Facebook yesterday of the view from the entrance of the park with the theater standing tall at the end of the street being totally unobstructed, it definitely had a nostalgic feel!
i'll need to see if I can see some new pics.

Andy,
What I do know is that I can discover more and experience more every time I go. Sometimes it seems as if I like something one time and then the next is just okay. I just know I think I need a new trip to plan.

January 6- The Future, The Epic Push, and Wanyama

Tuesday was a beautiful morning as we all rose early enough to make an early opening rope drop. Did I really say that? Did we really do that? Yes we did.

Thanks to Morgan’s driving and score as we were off to Epcot. This was day one of Fast passes and we were here before 8am.

[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150106_074225_661_zpseizksgjh.jpg.html][/URL

][URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150106_085050_067_zpscewqnuwj.jpg.html][/URL
][URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150106_075141_985_zpspdh8fj4f.jpg.html][/URL]

We went straight to Soarin which we rode without eating breakfast. Mom wasn’t so sure about this after getting off. This made me uneasy about Tomorrow’s FP. We also rode on the third row. I should remember by now to ask for front row and be patient and wait on it. The feet were horrible. It is so distracting to see the feet above you. Smelling trees and citrus and seeing feet.UGH!!

After Soarin, we had breakfast in Sunshine seasons. I’m not sure what we had but we ate it all[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150106_085050_067_zpscewqnuwj.jpg.html]

The on to Living with the Land. This is a fave of ours.

[/URL
]

Then on to the seas. The finding Nemo ride was down. We roamed around the Seas a while, then used our first fp of the day on Turtle talk with Crush. I just love this show. After Turtle Talk, Nemo was up so we rode in a clam mobile.

After riding Nemo we walked over to Mission Space for our second fp of the day. Morgan did team orange and Mom and I did team green. This was a first for all of us. I might would try orange with Morgan if I am having a great day.

We did some of the games and enjoyed the Space pavilion. After mission space we raided the Wheelchair bag. We enjoyed what everyone needs when waiting for the next FP time…bottles of water and Oreos.

Mom was all ready for Test track and Morgan was pushing the wheelchair towards the line when Mom asks where do we think we are going? Morgan says to Test track our next FP. Mom yells,” Park me here!!” I am thinking , “What the heck?” Mom does this on occasion but usually just with me at home. Morgan and I look at each other. Morgan very gently asks Mom is she is ready to ride. She yells at me, “No I am not riding that!!” Mom has ridden test track in the past and liked it. The only thing Morgan and I could think had happened was she heard the screams of people riding. We parked her out of the sun and headed to the FP line. We had a great ride.

After test track asked Mom what she wanted to do. She couldn’t decide. Morgan and I came up with an idea while in the test track line. Morgan didn’t ride again. [URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/wdw2015006173113416_7149223649_zpslxrmzhwo.jpg.html]

Pics on the way out.

[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/wdw2015006173113417_7149223650_zpseamqaxxs.jpg.html][/URL

]

Instead we left the park and rode the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom. At Epcot there is an elevator. This is a really nice touch when going up. We had a nice ride to the Magic Kingdom. Then we got off, went to the resort monorail line. Well, that is an epic push…no not the talking trash can. No elevator here. We rode the loop checking out the hotels and the construction at the Poly. Took lots of pictures[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03909_zpsnzedhpns.jpg.html][/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03916_zpsjv6xc97w.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03917_zpscy0tlyjn.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03917_zpscy0tlyjn.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03913_zpsfmpquja4.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03908_zps6ha5kf3s.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03912_zpszckgwnlr.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03902_zpsfv1z6q9p.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03903_zpsppnznczq.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03892_zpslxyqcdpi.jpg.html][/URL

]

Once back at MK, we get off and reverse the trek to get back to the car. Now I have a question for you. If you had access to the elevator up to the monorail at Epcot, would you not assume you have it down?

The answer is no!! Going down can be tougher than up.[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03897_zps4vuzekso.jpg.html]

Back to the car and Kidani for a rest. A short rest and a change of clothes.

[/URL
]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03921_zpsbcjhojmo.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03916_zpsjv6xc97w.jpg.html]
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

Another great day...too bad about your mom and test track...although you never know...sometimes I just don't feel like rides either lol. For some reason I love "the land" too....my hubby thinks it's lame but I could ride it all day lol

Another great day...too bad about your mom and test track...although you never know...sometimes I just don't feel like rides either lol. For some reason I love "the land" too....my hubby thinks it's lame but I could ride it all day lol
The only time I usually see that attitude is doing things at home and getting up before 10am. This is the Alzheimer's. It was a great day including the ride on the monorails jut to see everything. I could see the poly construction well but for some reason can't find pictures from this day. I'll post them with Thursday.
Hopefully Sunday night or Monday I'll get the Waynama Safari portion of Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter