• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Semi-Solo September Dining Adventure TR Link Up! 10/21

Enjoying your reviews so far. I will have to try those tacos they look good.
Thanks for posting.

Looking forward to all of your reviews! And Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thanks! And thanks for joining!

Those tacos looks really good! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thanks! The tacos were excellent.

I'm so happy to find your reviews! I've bean meaning to try La Cantina but we just haven't gotten around to it our last couple of trips. It looks so good :worship:

Glad it helps :thumbsup2

Enjoying your reviews so far. I will have to try those tacos they look good.
Thanks for posting.

The tacos are definitely worth trying :goodvibes

Prior to dinner, I was perusing the shops around World Showcase when a drink started calling my name.

I headed over to the cart that sells booze in France. I originally wanted the Pomegranate Kir (Pom liqueur and Champagne) but the CM had no idea what I was talking about :sad2:

So I had to settle for a Grey Goose slushie.

DisneySeptember2011303.jpg

It was good, as usual.

I have a major sweet tooth. So when I got back to the hotel, I went on down to Contempo Cafe to see what I could scrounge up for a late night sweet snack (and by late night...it was like 8pm.) I've tried some of their sweets before, so I decided not to repeat anything I had before and went with the red velvet cupcake...I'm a sucker for cream cheese icing!

I brought the beauty back up to my room and on my way back, there were so many people who commented on the cupcake. It was pretty funny, like they had never seen a cupcake before :laughing:

Here it is:
DisneySeptember2011130.jpg

DisneySeptember2011131.jpg

To be honest...I enjoyed the soy milk more than the cupcake. The cupcake was good, it was just huge. I think a common theme for this trip was ordering food like I was still splitting it with someone!

:wave2: Well....I'm finally catching up on all the threads! The Grey Goose Slushie looks quite appealing even at 9am this morning:laughing: The margarita looked nice, too, but I guess looks can be deceiving!

I like that you followed a margarita with dinner with a gray goose slushy for dessert! Both looked good.

I hope the pomegrantae kir isn't gone for good - I love it. Already have issues with the loss of the strawberry basil lemonade.

just joining in. great start. i've been seeing a lot of good reviews for la cantina recently. must be a sign i need to eat there next trip (in 2 weeks). looking forward to more. oh and congrats on your engagement. Looking forward to more.

:wave2: Well....I'm finally catching up on all the threads! The Grey Goose Slushie looks quite appealing even at 9am this morning:laughing: The margarita looked nice, too, but I guess looks can be deceiving!

The margarita was just underwhelming. I should have gone with the wildberry!

Enjoying the review! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining!

Subbing! I've enjoyed your reviews so far. :)

Welcome!

I like that you followed a margarita with dinner with a gray goose slushy for dessert! Both looked good.

They were both really good!

I hope the pomegrantae kir isn't gone for good - I love it. Already have issues with the loss of the strawberry basil lemonade.

I hope it isn't! It's been on the menu at F&W before, so hopefully it'll come back for that...and the Cosmo Slush...mmmm

Climbing aboard. Can't wait for more! :)

Welcome!!

Count me in! Food and Wine here I come!

So jealous! This is the first time in 5 years I'm missing it!

Loving your reviews :)
The Red Velvet Cupcake looks yummy !!

It was pretty good!

Joining in cant wait to read more!!

Thanks for joining!

just joining in. great start. i've been seeing a lot of good reviews for la cantina recently. must be a sign i need to eat there next trip (in 2 weeks). looking forward to more. oh and congrats on your engagement. Looking forward to more.

Thanks! It was really good, I would definitely give it a try!

One of the things I was really looking forward to on this trip was enjoying breakfast out on my balcony :thumbsup2

I placed my breakfast order on the door the night before, the choices (if I remember correctly) were some breakfast pastries, 2 eggs made in a few different ways that you could choose from, pancakes, and french toast.

I had a hard time deciding between the French Toast and eggs, but eventually decided the French Toast might be too much sugar, so I ordered the eggs with sausage.

I also got some apple juice. I don't drink coffee.

Right on time, my breakfast arrived. We had a little photoshoot before I took it out to the balcony to eat!

DisneySeptember2011147.jpg

DisneySeptember2011148.jpg

(It also came with breakfast potatoes and toast, I went with the wheat toast.)

DisneySeptember2011149.jpg

I watched the sky change colors over Bay Lake while I ate:

DisneySeptember2011151.jpg

Overall, I really enjoyed breakfast. It arrived nice and hot, which was a plus!

I personally thought they cooked the eggs in a little too much butter, but they were cooked perfectly. I also wasn't wild about the sausage. I really love the sausage they have at the counter service over at AKL (and a few other places) which a nice big links. I'm pretty sure it was a chicken sausage patty that I got with my breakfast, which is just blah.

I would definitely do room service again, it was so nice to start my day out on the balcony!

ETA: I forgot to mention that the toast didn't come as toast, just as bread. NBD in the studio, I just popped it in the toaster! But I thought that was weird.

Wow! That was your view??!! Awesome! No wonder you wanted to order room service....don't blame you a bit!! And yes, the 'bread' thing is a bit odd. Did you do a DDP or OOP? I think I remember somewhere that room service was 2 credits. Glad you enjoyed your morning!!!

One of the things I was really looking forward to on this trip was enjoying breakfast out on my balcony :thumbsup2

I placed my breakfast order on the door the night before, the choices (if I remember correctly) were some breakfast pastries, 2 eggs made in a few different ways that you could choose from, pancakes, and french toast.

I had a hard time deciding between the French Toast and eggs, but eventually decided the French Toast might be too much sugar, so I ordered the eggs with sausage.

I also got some apple juice. I don't drink coffee.

Right on time, my breakfast arrived. We had a little photoshoot before I took it out to the balcony to eat!

DisneySeptember2011147.jpg

DisneySeptember2011148.jpg

(It also came with breakfast potatoes and toast, I went with the wheat toast.)

DisneySeptember2011149.jpg

I watched the sky change colors over Bay Lake while I ate:

DisneySeptember2011151.jpg

Overall, I really enjoyed breakfast. It arrived nice and hot, which was a plus!

I personally thought they cooked the eggs in a little too much butter, but they were cooked perfectly. I also wasn't wild about the sausage. I really love the sausage they have at the counter service over at AKL (and a few other places) which a nice big links. I'm pretty sure it was a chicken sausage patty that I got with my breakfast, which is just blah.

I would definitely do room service again, it was so nice to start my day out on the balcony!

ETA: I forgot to mention that the toast didn't come as toast, just as bread. NBD in the studio, I just popped it in the toaster! But I thought that was weird.

I agree that the bread not being toasted is a little strange. You would think for all that $$$$ they charge they could toast your bread :rotfl:

I agree that the bread not being toasted is a little strange. You would think for all that $$$$ they charge they could toast your bread :rotfl:

I agree it is strange, but I actually think it is better. It could have gotten soggy!!!

Wow! That was your view??!! Awesome! No wonder you wanted to order room service....don't blame you a bit!! And yes, the 'bread' thing is a bit odd. Did you do a DDP or OOP? I think I remember somewhere that room service was 2 credits. Glad you enjoyed your morning!!!

The view was awesome. I loved that room. (Spoiler alert for the TR! :laughing: )

I paid OOP, no DP for me. Though I should have seen if they took TiW, I didn't even think to ask!! It wasn't inexpensive for breakfast, I think close to $20, so not really feasible for a family, but for one person who wants to indulge, it's perfect!

That's what I thought! I would have been upset by it if I wasn't in a DVC that has a toaster!

I agree it is strange, but I actually think it is better. It could have gotten soggy!!!

Good point! I hadn't thought of that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter