A Semi-Solo September Dining Adventure TR Link Up! 10/21

The next morning I opted not to do room service. It was nice, but you can't do it all the time, too expensive!!

So I walked over to Contempo Cafe to get my breakfast to go.

I got the waffles with salted caramel and bananas, mixed meat. (Sorry for the white blob, my DL was showing in the corner.)
DisneySeptember2011243.jpg

I picked up some syrup, but I'm not sure why, the caramel added plenty of sweetness without being sickly sweet. The waffles themselves were really good and just a little different. They were a nice treat :thumbsup2

The breakfast meats though :sad2: The sausage patty was pretty sad (it was a chicken sausage patty again.) I love the links they have over at the Poly and the Mara, they're the same ones on all the buffets, so I always hope when I get sausage at WDW that it's that sausage. It looks like this (from the Mara in 2009)
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman146.jpg

And the bacon? Do I need to mention how bad it is??

Oh well, I wasn't expecting much from the meats, the waffles made the whole dish worth it though :thumbsup2

really enjoying your food reviews, those waffles look good with the caramel and bananas. Yum
Have you ever tried the homemade ice cream sandwich from the bakery on Main St? It is huge, and very good.

That waffle looks awesome! I think I may have to go to contempo cafe during my trip next week.

Kelly, that waffle looks really good (Mark would like it with the banana and caramel). I've decided there just isn't anywhere in Disney that the bacon is good. :sick:

Hey Kelly! Joining in finally, enjoying your reviews!!! I really want to try California Grill again and get the pork. I had a tuna dish when we went a few years ago, it was great, but that pork always gets such incredible reviews, it sounds amazing!

really enjoying your food reviews, those waffles look good with the caramel and bananas. Yum
Have you ever tried the homemade ice cream sandwich from the bakery on Main St? It is huge, and very good.

I haven't! I thought it was from the Ice Cream Parlor, and that's actually what I went in for, not the Sundae. Now I know to go to the *bakery* Thanks!!

That waffle looks awesome! I think I may have to go to contempo cafe during my trip next week.

If you're close by, it's worth a try.

Kelly, that waffle looks really good (Mark would like it with the banana and caramel). I've decided there just isn't anywhere in Disney that the bacon is good. :sick:

We went to Kona once and my Grandfather asked for extra crispy bacon (he likes it almost burnt) and it came out with good bacon. But that was a lone sighting.

Hey Kelly! Joining in finally, enjoying your reviews!!! I really want to try California Grill again and get the pork. I had a tuna dish when we went a few years ago, it was great, but that pork always gets such incredible reviews, it sounds amazing!

Welcome along! You're just in time!

Might as well finish this up and try to get a start on my Trip Report before the 29th hits :laughing:

The original plan for the day was to get a nice breakfast and then hit whatever park we wanted. Well about a week before the trip I started thinking that we probably wouldn't want a huge breakfast after eating such a large dinner. PLUS, if we had a big breakfast, it would cut into park opening! And we all know that's the best time to be in the parks! So then I thought having a nice lunch would be great before I had to head to the airport, plus it would be hot by that time.

I wound up looking at what was available around 1pm and saw that the Liberty Tree Tavern was available for 3! :thumbsup2 I had heard really great things about their lunch and we hadn't been there in a while, so I decided to go ahead and book it!

We checked in a little early and sat for a brief wait.

DisneySeptember2011272.jpg

The people who vacated the bench right before we sat down had left their camera. So we pointed it out to them. They said "Oh," picked it up, and walked away. So of course that prompted my Mom to say "You're Welcome." I mean seriously, it was a good camera and they didn't even say thanks...duly noted next time someone should just take it :sad2:

Anyway, before too long, probably only about 5 minutes, they were calling our name!

We had a great table and a wonderful waiter he even commented that he likes to take photos of his food too :rotfl:

My Dad & I had Diet Cokes and my Mom had a Pomegranate Lemonade.

DisneySeptember2011273.jpg

I had heard the fried cheese available at lunch was worth ordering. If there's one thing my Dad likes more than pretzels, it's fried cheese. It didn't take that much twisting of his arm for him to agree to have some with me.

DisneySeptember2011275.jpg

I can see why people like it! The standard moz. sticks were, well, standard. Nothing to write home about. BUT the fired cheese curds were awesome. I wish you could get a whole plate of those!

My Mom ordered the Tri-Corner Sandwich (I knew she would!)

DisneySeptember2011276.jpg

roast beef and swiss cheese with Liberty Slaw, horseradish cream sauce and arugula served on herbed focaccia with fresh fruit or tavern fries

She really enjoyed it, but picked out some of the meat, it was too big of a sandwich.

I had the Colony Salad, with the dressing on the side. I also subbed the regular dressing with the strawberry vinaigrette (which I highly recommend doing.)

DisneySeptember2011277.jpg

Washington apples, sweet pecans and applewood smoked cheddar and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in honey shallot vinaigrette (again, subbed for the strawberry)

This salad was really good. It was huge too! My only real complaint is that the cheddar on it was just boring old cheddar that was yellow and shredded. It would have been *awesome* with a little goat or blue cheese. In short, it needed a stronger cheese.

My Dad had a burger.
DisneySeptember2011278.jpg

It's a burger. He enjoyed it. But you know, how much can you say about a burger?

All in all, it was a great spot for lunch, I'm glad we decided on it! I would definitely recommend it as a great spot to get out of the heat!

...And that's it for my short semi-solo trip! I'll post the link to my TR once I get it up and running!

Fried Cheese is really big here in WI-just love the cheese curds too. Didn't know they are available at the MK.:rotfl:
Very nice food report, great pictures too.

Great last review, Kelly. We ate there several years ago for lunch and really enjoyed it.

And I would have done and said the same thing that your mother did. Is it so hard for people to say thank you?

I finally started my TR! Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43013899#post43013899

Fried Cheese is really big here in WI-just love the cheese curds too. Didn't know they are available at the MK.:rotfl:
Very nice food report, great pictures too.

The most common cheese curds I know is white cheddar because my fiance is originally from Vermont!

Great last review, Kelly. We ate there several years ago for lunch and really enjoyed it.

And I would have done and said the same thing that your mother did. Is it so hard for people to say thank you?

Apparently is very difficult to say thank you...

Good reviews, thanks.

Thanks for joining!

Thanks for the reviews Kelly! Very informative. :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining me Glenn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter