A Salute to All Orlando Area Theme Parks… But Mostly Walt Disney World ***THE END***

Ahnh, so Manta is the mistress! I've not ridden it. Last time I was at sea world I was too scared! Now, I've conquered a few bigger coasters so I might be able to handle it. (I did Hulk and Dragons at universal... Do you think they compare? Lol)
The dolphins sure do put on a great show! I love love love petting rays, they're the softest, smoothest things ever.

Ok, there may be a small chink you your armor my friend but I suppose we'll allow you this slight detour from the Disney bubble. :lmao: Ok, so Manta does look pretty thrilling. :thumbsup2:sail:

Do the rays feel a bit "slimy" to you? I think they have the oddest texture. We've swam with the rays in Grand Cayman several times but I'm still not exactly excited about them even though they are fascinating.

Cool dolphin photos!

Another fabulous update!

All caught up now!!!

Loved reading about your magic Magic day.

:cool1: for making it to the opening show. We are early risers, so we have seen it 5-6 times. Always enjoyable! Then I love seeing the characters booking it up (down) Main Street USA to get to their posts. Alice and Mary Poppins in particular impress me with the speed they can attain wearing heels.

The Splash photo is so funny! I didn't notice the 4th person either!

Love your pictures from the classic rides!

WOW- what a great thrill to be one of the first in NFL! Congrats!

My family visited Sea World in our "Other Orlando" trip of 2011. We had taken the boys when they were 3 and 6 (2004), but hadn't been back since then. My teen thought Manta was really cool, but absolutely LOVED Kraken. He rode it solo three times while we were at the Clyde and Seymore show. I rode Manta once, but I think it was such a new and petrifying experience, that I need to ride it again to truly appreciate it.

Your pictures from the Blue Horizons show were awesome!!!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your day.

So happy you got to meet the princesses! Since I have boys, we never really get to do that but that's one reason why I booked Askersus this trip. So, I can meet them :)))))

Beautiful pics of Sea World, Hope I can get over there sometime! I have went once before but it was a while back.. Like 6th grade while back. lol

Ahnh, so Manta is the mistress! I've not ridden it. Last time I was at sea world I was too scared! Now, I've conquered a few bigger coasters so I might be able to handle it. (I did Hulk and Dragons at universal... Do you think they compare? Lol)
The dolphins sure do put on a great show! I love love love petting rays, they're the softest, smoothest things ever.

Haha, yup. Sorry to be so misleading, ;).
Actually, I do think they compare. Dragons is a pretty intense coster, so if you handled it, I'm sure you'd be fine. Manta though is just in a class all it's own. Both Seaworld coasters are smooth as silk too.
That show is so good. I have a DVD of it but it just doesn't compare to seeing it live. And the music is so good too.
And yes, those rays are so cute. I haven't done it, but I've watched others feed them, and it's so fun to watch. Plus they're really gentle.

I also loooove dolphins! And i agree, they always seem so happy and smiley :)

AHHH me too. They just make me smile! :)

Ok, there may be a small chink you your armor my friend but I suppose we'll allow you this slight detour from the Disney bubble. :lmao: Ok, so Manta does look pretty thrilling. :thumbsup2:sail:

Do the rays feel a bit "slimy" to you? I think they have the oddest texture. We've swam with the rays in Grand Cayman several times but I'm still not exactly excited about them even though they are fascinating.

Cool dolphin photos!

Another fabulous update!

Haha, I know it's always tough to leave Disney, and nothing compares to Disney, but I figured I had to give K8 the full Theme Park tour. Otherwise I'd have to change the name of the trip report. :rotfl2:
Oh God Brenda, Manta is phenomonal. I just can't put into words how freeing it feels. I heard they opened one in San Diego (though I'm not sure it's the same). Maybe you should take a trip on down...

They do have bit of sliminess to them, but they're so smooth and gentle, I just can't resist. Then I quickly run and wash my hands. :thumbsup2

Thank you. Don't know if I mentioned it, but I LOVE DOLPHINS!

All caught up now!!!

Loved reading about your magic Magic day.

:cool1: for making it to the opening show. We are early risers, so we have seen it 5-6 times. Always enjoyable! Then I love seeing the characters booking it up (down) Main Street USA to get to their posts. Alice and Mary Poppins in particular impress me with the speed they can attain wearing heels.

The Splash photo is so funny! I didn't notice the 4th person either!

Love your pictures from the classic rides!

WOW- what a great thrill to be one of the first in NFL! Congrats!

My family visited Sea World in our "Other Orlando" trip of 2011. We had taken the boys when they were 3 and 6 (2004), but hadn't been back since then. My teen thought Manta was really cool, but absolutely LOVED Kraken. He rode it solo three times while we were at the Clyde and Seymore show. I rode Manta once, but I think it was such a new and petrifying experience, that I need to ride it again to truly appreciate it.

Your pictures from the Blue Horizons show were awesome!!!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your day.

YAY

Thank you!

It was one of the goals for the trip for sure and I'm so glad to have FINALLY seen it. It was very special to me and was everything I hoped it would be. Plus, it's the only one left.

Haha, it was so great and they were so funny. He was such a big guy too but he screamed like a little girl. It was awesome.

Thank you!

OMG Dee, I was over the moon. It's something I will always be able to say. I was one of the very first to see NFL and ride LM.

Interesting that he liked Kraken better. Don't get me wrong, it is fantastic, but Manta just blows my mind. I can see it being scary though since it's so different. Definitely ride it again. Oh God, I want to ride now!

Thank you so much!

So happy you got to meet the princesses! Since I have boys, we never really get to do that but that's one reason why I booked Askersus this trip. So, I can meet them :)))))

Beautiful pics of Sea World, Hope I can get over there sometime! I have went once before but it was a while back.. Like 6th grade while back. lol

Haha, there will come a time when ALL they want to do is meet the princesses. But it's a good call to book a princess meal. Then they have no choice.

Thanks Marcie! SeaWorld is quite wonderful and you can usually do it in a day, but they've been adding so much, it's getting tougher.

Awesome pics! :)

Thank you!

"... MY MISTRESS ON THE SIDE"
Day 6 – October 13, 2012 Part 2

After stopping for some lunch, we entered the underwater world of the shark at Shark Encounter.

I just think this is so cool.
You actually get to walk thorough a tunnel surrounded by sharks.
Don’t you just want to pet them?

34.jpg

I named this one "Fluffy".

35.jpg

35a.jpg

Next up was Clyde and Seymore take Pirate Island, which is a little show starring a couple of adorable sea lions, and a BIG special guest at the end.

36.jpg

My priority here though is the iconic Seaworld Mime. Just don’t show up late.
While I do prefer the other mime, Lynn, they're both tremendously funny.
And this is coming from someone who is decidedly not a mime fan.
For those who have yet to see him, I won't spoil the fun, but I usually laugh until I cry.
Seriously, it is worth going to this show JUST to see the mime.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

It’s also a very cute show

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

After Clyde and Seymore successfully took Pirate Island, we made our way to Key West to visit in person with those pesky and elusive dolphins.

We had initially planned to drop the $7 and feed them,
Something I have experienced and is completely worth it if you're so inclined,

44a.jpg

But the wait time was atrocious.

So we opted to just watch instead.

It turned out to be a great plan, as K8 got some great interaction even without the promise of smelly fish.

Score!

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

How could you not love these animals?

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 6 – October 13, 2012 Part 2 Cont.

Our next stop was the positively adorable Pets Ahoy,
Which consists of those amazingly talented scamps of the sea known as dogs, cats, pigs, birds...

Wait, where are we again???

Despite the apparent lack of communication by management explaining what actually constitutes a water based animal, this show is super entertaining.

So entertaining, in fact, that I have no photos whatsoever.

I guess I was just too engrossed in the action.

I particularly like the fact that the human handlers play a minimal role in the show, letting the animals do their thing.

It's the animal's show and they totally deliver.

Plus many of the animals were rescues from animal shelters.

It's a don't miss in by book.

After another crack at the Kraken

48.jpg

We prepared to head over to Shamu Stadium for One Ocean.

But not before stopping to watch divers... dive.

I know Pick a Pearl is a popular Epcot spot, but having live divers retrieve your oysters for you is pretty darn cool.

49.jpg

Plus the fact that the divers are often quite attractive is certainly not lost on me.

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

On the walk to Shamu Stadium, preparations were under-way for the Sea of Trees.

53.jpg

54.jpg

Finally we were ready to experience One Ocean.

I had seen Believe many times, so I was anxious to see a brand new show.

Understandably, there are still no trainers in the water.

RIP Dawn Brancheau.

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Awww a baby...

58.jpg

59.jpg

59a.jpg

Thankfully, the "splash the audience" is still here, which I just happened to capture on the giant screen of this poor girl.

60.jpg

Now you see her...

61.jpg

Now you don't!

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

Having seen Believe so many times and knowing it inside and out, I wasn't sure what to expect.

One Ocean was fantastic.

I think I like Believe better overall, but One Ocean definitely has its own charm.

I particularly like the inclusion of the fountains outside the tank. It's a great addition.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hi Fluffy! I do love Shark encounter, it's so amazing to walk through that tunnel. The sharks are pretty awesome to watch.
Awww I had forgotten about the mime at Clyde and Seamore! He was really funny when we were there too!
I love the dolphin interactions. I'm glad K8 got to pet them without buying the fish!
Love Pets Ahoy too, especially since they rescue so many animals.
I would like to see the new Orca show. Last time i went I was so disappointed in the "watered down" Believe. I definitely understand no trainers in the water, but it was almost nothing more than splashing the audience.

Apparently I didn't comment on the first seaworld update?!
I think I got super distracted by the bird like people in that one show and immediately looked up auditions for seaworld....I may or may not want to be that bird..

Oh my gosh that sea lion/pirate show looks awesome!!!
Awww! Love that you’re allowed to pet the dolphins! That’s totally awesome!
How cool that divers collect your pearl for you! Awesome!
Ahahahahahaha that girl is SOAKED ahahaha. That’s what you get for sitting that close when there’s whales!

Okay, just had to do a little bit of background reading about the whole whale incident, I knew there had been something that happened with an orca at Seaworld but wasn’t exactly sure what. That’s insane…seriously…also the fact that it happened twice before, and then happened again, and the whale’s still out there performing? Isn’t he still dangerously close to some of the trainers? Eck. I wouldn’t want to be out there. That’s saddening. Rip.
HOWEVER, great update, I definitely will have to check out seaworld sometime!!

Hi Fluffy! I do love Shark encounter, it's so amazing to walk through that tunnel. The sharks are pretty awesome to watch.
Awww I had forgotten about the mime at Clyde and Seamore! He was really funny when we were there too!
I love the dolphin interactions. I'm glad K8 got to pet them without buying the fish!
Love Pets Ahoy too, especially since they rescue so many animals.
I would like to see the new Orca show. Last time i went I was so disappointed in the "watered down" Believe. I definitely understand no trainers in the water, but it was almost nothing more than splashing the audience.

Isn't Fluffy pretty?? It's a really cool spot to be sure being separated only by that (well extremely) thick plastic tunnel.

OMG, I think the mime is one of my favorite things. So funny.

It was really cool that she got that. I was disappointed that the wait was so long so we just went into the regular non-feeding area and presto.

I had skipped Pets Ahoy so many times before until a couple years ago. It's a great show and greater that they're rescues.

Yeah I agree. The “trainers in the water” was kind of the whole point, but it's a really tough situation. I think they'll return one day.

Apparently I didn't comment on the first seaworld update?!
I think I got super distracted by the bird like people in that one show and immediately looked up auditions for seaworld....I may or may not want to be that bird..

Oh my gosh that sea lion/pirate show looks awesome!!!
Awww! Love that you’re allowed to pet the dolphins! That’s totally awesome!
How cool that divers collect your pearl for you! Awesome!
Ahahahahahaha that girl is SOAKED ahahaha. That’s what you get for sitting that close when there’s whales!

Okay, just had to do a little bit of background reading about the whole whale incident, I knew there had been something that happened with an orca at Seaworld but wasn’t exactly sure what. That’s insane…seriously…also the fact that it happened twice before, and then happened again, and the whale’s still out there performing? Isn’t he still dangerously close to some of the trainers? Eck. I wouldn’t want to be out there. That’s saddening. Rip.
HOWEVER, great update, I definitely will have to check out seaworld sometime!!

Haha, and you would make an awesome bird like person.
I have to say too... that show is so good. It's absolutely beautiful.

Oh it is, particularly the mime. OMG... hysterical... and again, I hate mimes.

It was such a fluke too. The key is to get an outside the feeding area spot just a bit before they bring people in. The dolphins know what's up and will come over to everybody... until the food shows up.

The divers are fun to watch too. They have seating right in front of the tanks so you can just chill and watch. They'll even do tricks!

OMG I know. I didn't even realize I had those shots until I got home. It was super lucky that I had the big screen in the frame.

It was terribly sad and tragic. The first incident with this whale was in BC I think.
He was the one that performed as Shamu since he was so massive and I think is performing again but kept separate from the other whales.
It's definitely a touchy subject to be sure.

I think you'd really love it Katt, even if you probably won't go on Manta... :rolleyes1
I know how much you love shows and Seaworld has a bunch and they're all great.

Gotta admit.. I was ready to just skim through your "mistress" update... not that I'm a sea critter hater, I just haven't been to Sea World in forever.... Anyhoo, LOVED IT! Those orcas are beautiful. And I distinctly get the feeling that I would laugh until I have tears running down my leg for that mime! It would be worth a visit for that alone! :idea:

I love you in your Vegas shirt with the gal smiling in the tank behind you. :thumbsup2

Fluffy! pirate:

Caught up again Rob! I loved the Stitch photos! I thought the one with just K8 and Stich was really great, and then I scrolled-down to the next one and about died. :lmao: Awesome!

That's amazing that you were at New Fantasyland on the first day of soft opening. How could you contain yourself?

I haven't been to Sea World in MANY years, so I love reading these updates and seeing your pictures! I'll have to find a way to fit it in on an upcoming trip. The shows there are so great! Love that you still got to see the dolphins without dropping the extra money. :thumbsup2 I remember really enjoying the Clyde & Seamore show! Glad to see it is still there and still cute. Are the Clydesdale horses still there to see? I really loved those on our trip too! No Manta at the time, but we LOVED riding the Kraken!!

Gotta admit.. I was ready to just skim through your "mistress" update... not that I'm a sea critter hater, I just haven't been to Sea World in forever.... Anyhoo, LOVED IT! Those orcas are beautiful. And I distinctly get the feeling that I would laugh until I have tears running down my leg for that mime! It would be worth a visit for that alone! :idea:

I love you in your Vegas shirt with the gal smiling in the tank behind you. :thumbsup2

Fluffy! pirate:

Haha. OMG Brenda, the mime is seriously iconic. So much fun to watch. Honestly, it is almost worth it just to see the mime as long as your not the subject of his act.

Thanks. My mother brought that back from Vegas for me just a few days before we left on this trip. And I totally love that the divers will pose with you. They can really hold their breath for a long time. It's really quite impressive.

Don't ya just LOVE Fluffy?

Caught up again Rob! I loved the Stitch photos! I thought the one with just K8 and Stich was really great, and then I scrolled-down to the next one and about died. :lmao: Awesome!

That's amazing that you were at New Fantasyland on the first day of soft opening. How could you contain yourself?

Awesome Glenn. I just keep plugging away, lol. Hahaha, I know, it was so... Stitch. I loved it. One on the better M&G's I've been involved with.

The short answer to how I contained myself is... I didn't. I felt like Disney royalty.

I haven't been to Sea World in MANY years, so I love reading these updates and seeing your pictures! I'll have to find a way to fit it in on an upcoming trip. The shows there are so great! Love that you still got to see the dolphins without dropping the extra money. :thumbsup2 I remember really enjoying the Clyde & Seamore show! Glad to see it is still there and still cute. Are the Clydesdale horses still there to see? I really loved those on our trip too! No Manta at the time, but we LOVED riding the Kraken!!

I used to look at Seaworld as an every other trip type of thing, but it's getting tough to stay away. They keep adding so much and I have a hard time saying away from the dolphins.

I don't believe the Clydesdale's are there any longer. I think it was the Busch ownership (Budweiser) that had them there along with the free beer. Now that Busch doesn't own it anymore, that's all gone.

If you loved Kraken... you will super love Manta.

"... MY MISTRESS ON THE SIDE"
Day 6 October 13, 2012 Part 3

Having temporarily satiated our Orca jones, we headed out to explore some more.

On the weekends in October, Seaworld breaks out their Halloween Spook-tacular.

It's mostly for the little ones but it's free.

Lots of little rug-rats dressed up as, well, Rug-Rats and the like; some trick or treating, etc.

I can see it being a lot of fun.
Then again, there's bubble machines so that automatically makes it fun.

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

"I have to sign it Erial or Disney will sue my... fin. Can you say Copyright Lawsuit little girl?"

71.jpg

72.jpg

I don't know what these are; Seaweed People maybe? Kelp Heads?

73.jpg

It's a cute setup with colorful costumes, some nice set pieces, and free candy.
If you have younger kids, it might be worth your time since its included in park admission.

After stealing some candy from some distracted children, we realized we hadn't quite satiated our Orca jones quite yet,

So on to the underwater viewing area, post haste.

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 6 – October 13, 2012 Part 3 Cont.

Finally it was nearing the time for a big bucket list item, Shamu Rocks.

I had been wanting to see this show forever, but it doesn't play that often save for summer and holidays.

So this was an extra special treat being included as part of the Spook-tacular.
It was a big reason why I chose this day for Seaworld.

However, Houston… we have a problem.

You see, by the time the show was over, the park would be closed.

But... I also wanted a ride photo from Kraken taken earlier that day.

Kraken, however, was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over on the other side of the park.

Would I be able to get all the way there, buy the photo, and get all the way back in time for the show????

Well, yes… yes I would.

Much like LOST, I apologize for the big build-up with little payoff.

Anyway, here's the photo.

81.jpg

Our mini-mission completed, we headed back into Shamu Stadium for Shamu Rocks.

This is a night time Shamu show with awesome lighting and set to rock music.

The fountains were used to great effect, filling with color (a World of Color, so to speak),
And the energy was high, both in the stands, on the stage, and in the water.

Katie loved it, commenting how much better it was than the regular show.

Definitely a must see.

And the "wave" good buy at the end... precious.

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

This segment was super sweet, with the whale dancing and playing to Lifehouse's "You And Me."

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

Splash the audience reappeared.

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

Just a fantastic show and a great capper to the day.

If your vacation is long enough that you can spare a day away from Disney, I highly recommend Seaworld.

If you like coasters, you can do no better than Kraken and of course, Manta.

There’s not a lot of “standing in lines" since most of the park is shows and exhibits.
It’s a lot like Animal Kingdom in that way.

After the adrenaline rush of Shamu Rocks, we made our way to the exit.

We had to get back to the condo and get rested up for the next day.

For the next day we would attempt to survive… The Walking Dead.

And no I don't mean parents leaving Magic Kingdom at the end of the night.

UP NEXT… “IT’S TIME TO GET OUR SCARE ON!”

I enjoyed reading about the rest of your day in Sea World.

Fluffy looks cute! Check out Finn, the shark that my son Nate and I got up close and personal with in Jamaica:

I totally agree with you-the mime at the Sea Lion show is hilarious!

I did the pick-a-pearl at Sea World many, many years ago. It really is cool that divers get the oysters.

How fun that you were there on a night celebrating Halloween!

The Shamu Rocks show looks AWESOME!!! Love the colors and the atmosphere at night.

And finally, I'll leave you with question-

Q: What do you call a pod of musical killer whales?

A: An orca-stra

Loved your Kraken photo! What's with the tongues?? The guy on the end apparently doesn't know that he's in the presence of Disney royalty! At least he doesn't seem as excited as you and Kate. :rotfl2:

You have some awesome photos of the Shamu Rocks show! Hmmmmm not sure about the starfish gals.... what was their purpose?

Sorry if I already asked this but what kind of camera do you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter