• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Salute to All Orlando Area Theme Parks… But Mostly Walt Disney World ***THE END***

I have a friend up in Halifax who jokes around that he loves Boston...I keep reminding him that he's never been :-) I've only ever been to Niagara Falls and that was eons ago. I'd love to take one of the cruises up the Canadian coastline sometime.

My dad is such a good sport when it comes to rides! He'll go on anything to make his kids happy :-) I, on the other hand, won't go on it if it has a loop or drops too much (goodbye ToT!). I just rode my first coaster in March that has a small corkscrew - the yellow cheetah thing at Busch Gardens. My sister and I rode that about 7 times in a row - scariest ride i have ever been on! EE and SM scare me, and I usually have a look of panic plastered across my face, but I usually ride those a few times for the scary thrill of it. My favorite coaster that I tend to ride over and over again is the Mummy over at that other park.

Last year Disney had a cruise from New York up to Halifax and then back. I even took the day off to go see the ship the first day it came in.

It's funny because when I was a kid right up until a few years ago, I wouldn't even go on the flume ride at Busch. Now, I love any and all thrill rides. Go figure. I haven't gotten on Cheetah Hunt yet as last time I was at Busch it was still being built. I want to BAD though. I loved Sheikra!

The Mummy was my absolute favorite ride in Florida up until a couple of years ago, but it was replaced by something else, which is coming soon in a future update. :rolleyes1

OMFG IT’S OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 5 – October 12, 2012 Part 2

Tonight marks the end of one of my favorite shows of all time, The Office.
So in tribute, I start this update with a photo from my work desk that reminds me of 2 of my greatest loves...

OF.jpg

We walked though the virtually empty Fantasyland, to Liberty Square, and on into Frontierland.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Even though it was early, the energy was high, and it was time to get wet!
Front row baby!!

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

And with a log heavily front loaded… wet we got!

22.jpg

21.jpg

The genius of this attraction cannot be overstated.
This is, at its core, nothing but an amusement park flume ride.
It just happened to be the absolute BEST flume ride in the entire world thanks to the amazing talent of Disney Imagineers.

It was a good thing we did this here too, because this would turn out to be our only Splash Mountain ride of the entire trip, as it was broken down for most of this day, as well as the other days we visited.
:sad:

Funny story about the ride photo.
When I got it done up (it was just put on our photopass card), the guy working commented, “Oh wow only 3 people“, not realizing there was actually a girl directly behind me.
In fairness, you can barely see her.
They were a really awesome couple, but this was funny and they were terrified which made me happy!

Anyway… we moved on from there to dry off on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

The thing about Big Thunder is I enjoy it for its themeing, but it feels slower and slower every time I ride it.

Maybe I’m becoming immune to “Wild Rides”.

It’s particularly slow in the front, but that’s true of all coasters. Seriously, back is best!
I still like it though. It is a classic after all.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 5 – October 12, 2012 Part 2 Cont.

From here we made our way back around the park and followed this guy into Adventureland which just seemed so appropriate.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
This is not just some guy in a costume… It’s Peter Freakin’ Pan!

The line for the Fairies was unusually short PLUS they had just recently added Periwinkle for a limited time and a winter outfit for Tink, so this was a no brainer.

Another new character for the bucket list.

After about 15 minutes we were shrunk down to size (though they don’t seem to focus on that much anymore I don’t think) and entered Pixie Hollow.

Actually it’s Tinker Bell's Magical Nook, but I like Pixie Hollow better, so it’s Pixie Hollow to me, much like it’s Disney-MGM Studios to ME!!

Tinkerbell was truly delightful and full of engery.

It must be tough for them to interact with adults, so I always give props to those who try.
So props to you Tink.

30.jpg

31.jpg

Periwinkle was simply adorable, but clearly did not want to touch us, lol.
Nonetheless, Periwinkle photo complete!

32.jpg

33.jpg

From here we jumped on board the classic Jungle Cruise.
Many of you know that Walt had originally wanted to use real animals on this classic.
For those who weren’t aware, well, now you are. :thumbsup2
I grabbed a quick pic of my favorite sign,

34.jpg

Even though it disappointed me because I really was in the mood to dance, and I'm never in the mood to dance.

Plus I don’t think it’s right to make people hold hands with the nearest child.
You could get into some trouble for that.

Another bit of trivia… The explorer at the bottom of the tree in the following photo is also the Haunted Mansion’s caretaker.
Serious talent, that guy.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

After successfully surviving the wild jungle with our heads intact, we did something that I hadn’t done in years, if not decades.

We took a stroll up into the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.
I don’t know why I’d avoided it for so long as it really is a great photo-op.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Realizing we had done some Yesterday and Fantasy, we headed towards Tomorrowland, stopping for a pic in front of the Mickey and Minnie topiaries.

56.jpg

I’m particularly in love with the Disney cops getting their photo taken in the background.

Precious!

Disney cops whereabouts documented, we headed to Space Mountain., but I only took a photo at the exit.

57.jpg

I still love it. Another absolute classic.

We were on our way to Buzz next when we spotted this guy.

58.jpg

It was at this point that Katie went ballistic.
It turns out that this was the love of her life greatest Disney character ever.

So naturally, we followed him.

59.jpg

60.jpg

Adorable much?

61.jpg

62.jpg

The following is one of my favorite pics ever just because it’s so Stitch.

63.jpg

I had never met Stitch before either, so one more character off the ol’ bucket list.

Plus, He… Was… AWESOME!
Despite him taking me out of the picture, I still loved him. He was so much fun.
Honestly I can’t say enough good things about this interaction.

Katie was over the moon and told me that this meeting made her entire trip.
Making dreams come true... this is what I do.

After a bro-shake to say no hard feelings followed by yet another neener-neener-neener (seriously, I loved this meet), we were off to Buzz.

All I really need to say about this is… I’m the one on your left.

64.jpg

Winning!

While this pales in comparison to the 942,900 done recently (oh so close to max), I still accept the victory.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Wow!! 4 updates. Tink, Peter, and Stich those were awesome characters! Did Stitch give Kate a smooch alien style? (He "licks" your face!)

You ROCK for Buzz...you are definitely a galactic hero!

Love the photos!

Seeing your pictures of Frontierland being so empty reminds me of us last trip. We had to leave on a Tuesday but we went to MK and only had until noon and the park was so empty when we first got there. We did Splash, BTMR, Pirates, The Tiki Room, all in like 30 minutes. It was great!

I agree that Splash is the most awesome... Just the details, the songs, just everything.. Hands down, my favorite ride ever!

Yay Splash!! I have to say, I love going straight to Frontierland in the morning, I feel like everyone goes to Tomorrow or Fantasy and the other two are completely empty!

I have to say, BTMRR definitely isn’t as wild as I thought it should be, and I agree about the front of coasters, it’s great to be in the front row, BUT, I only really like it on EE

I definitely call the Nook Pixie Hollow still, and I never saw WDW’s pixie hollow haha! As much as I think that sometimes it must be a little “weird” for them to interact with adults, I also think that there’s absolutely nothing different, you’re still Tink, it doesn’t matter who you’re talking to, you should be treating them all the same way. Lol

Nice trivia from Jungle Cruise, is that from KTTK tour or somewhere else?

Oh my gosh Katie and Stitch are so adorable!! You can tell she loves him! Haha he’s one of my faves too! HAHA! Awesome pic!

Oh my gosh, that Splash Mountain picture is HILARIOUS!!!! The guy behind you is totally cracking me up. :rotfl2::lmao: And I had to go back and look when you said there was a girl behind you because I totally missed that too!

Aww, the Stitch greet sounds so cute! I'm glad it made Katie's trip. :goodvibes Love those moments with the characters. That's how it was taking DS to meet the princesses for the first time last year. Priceless!

another great update, er, updates :thumbsup2

I must admit, until you pointed it out I too thought there were only three people in your log on splash

Glad you have been able to knock so many characters off your bucket list ... the good news is that as Disney keeps adding characters you will never be able to kick the bucket so that is some good longevity strategy out of you ;)

I always find Big Thunder to be faster than I remembered it! I keep thinking of it like a slow moving train and get on and get a surprise.
I'm totally with you - back of the coaster is better!
The Stitch meet looks adorable! And the fairies too. You guys got a lot done!
Can you imagine real animals on the jungle cruise? Could get... Interesting!

I spent the morning catching up and can I just say GREAT UPDATES!!!! Loving the pics, especially the ones on SM, made me feel like I was on the ride! Going to do my best to keep up to date from now on LOL

Wow!! 4 updates. Tink, Peter, and Stich those were awesome characters! Did Stitch give Kate a smooch alien style? (He "licks" your face!)

You ROCK for Buzz...you are definitely a galactic hero!

Love the photos!

Haha, yeah. There was just too many photos to fit into one post.

All the meets were fantastic (well Peter wasn't a meet technically, but still). I don't recall him licking her face to be honest; it was more of a kiss. However, she DID get a lick to the face coming up in a future update (or at least she claims she did)!

I was so close to maxing out a couple weeks ago though I have absolutely no idea how. I don't ride Buzz all that much. I was in shock.

Thanks Brenda!!

Great updates! :)

Thanks so much!

Seeing your pictures of Frontierland being so empty reminds me of us last trip. We had to leave on a Tuesday but we went to MK and only had until noon and the park was so empty when we first got there. We did Splash, BTMR, Pirates, The Tiki Room, all in like 30 minutes. It was great!

I agree that Splash is the most awesome... Just the details, the songs, just everything.. Hands down, my favorite ride ever!

Ahh the empty park is SOOO wonderful Marcie. Don't people know there's no sleeping at Disney? Actually scratch that. Let 'em sleep... more park for us!

Yeah, Splash is just really extraordinary!!

Yay Splash!! I have to say, I love going straight to Frontierland in the morning, I feel like everyone goes to Tomorrow or Fantasy and the other two are completely empty!

I have to say, BTMRR definitely isn’t as wild as I thought it should be, and I agree about the front of coasters, it’s great to be in the front row, BUT, I only really like it on EE

I definitely call the Nook Pixie Hollow still, and I never saw WDW’s pixie hollow haha! As much as I think that sometimes it must be a little “weird” for them to interact with adults, I also think that there’s absolutely nothing different, you’re still Tink, it doesn’t matter who you’re talking to, you should be treating them all the same way. Lol

Nice trivia from Jungle Cruise, is that from KTTK tour or somewhere else?

Oh my gosh Katie and Stitch are so adorable!! You can tell she loves him! Haha he’s one of my faves too! HAHA! Awesome pic!

It's funny we were just talking that too. I have absolutely no problem going left at Magic Kingdom, yet at World Showcase, it just doesn't happen.

I agree. On EE it makes sense for "There doesn't seem to be any track" and of course being in the front for the backwards part is kick-***.
But I discovered a few years ago that in most cases... back is best.
Front used to be awesome on Duelling Dragons (now Dragon Challenge) at Harry Potter when the 2 trains ran simultaneously (and came within a foot of each other at points). But now that they don't do that anymore, it's just not a big deal.

I just think Pixie Hollow sounds better.
You make a really good point. I will say that in the vast majority of cases it's never been weird and in others the worst case is stop... photo.. done.

You know, I had actually picked that up somewhere before the tour, but the guide did mention it as well.

Ah so true. I think it was really that moment when she "got it". You know that thing that we all already know but the outsiders just can't grasp.
It had been a great time up to that point no doubt, but I really believe that this is when the Disney Magic got inside.
Now whenever I see her, she just can't wait to go back. I love converting people.
It's actually become one of my favorite interactions too. He was that good.

Oh my gosh, that Splash Mountain picture is HILARIOUS!!!! The guy behind you is totally cracking me up. :rotfl2::lmao: And I had to go back and look when you said there was a girl behind you because I totally missed that too!

Aww, the Stitch greet sounds so cute! I'm glad it made Katie's trip. :goodvibes Love those moments with the characters. That's how it was taking DS to meet the princesses for the first time last year. Priceless!

Honestly it was so funny, he screamed something fierce. After we took the selfie picture I turned around and asked them if they got wet at all.. "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS," was the answer. :lmao:

Stitch was one of the best meets ever. He really took the time to make her trip. Most meets are great, but some just really stand out and this was truly one for for the books.

another great update, er, updates :thumbsup2

I must admit, until you pointed it out I too thought there were only three people in your log on splash

Glad you have been able to knock so many characters off your bucket list ... the good news is that as Disney keeps adding characters you will never be able to kick the bucket so that is some good longevity strategy out of you ;)

Why thank you very much!

Haha, I know right!? It was too funny!

Thank you and yes I completely agree. Weirdly, I only started doing character meets a few years ago... as an adult
anyway. So overall I've done pretty well. This last trip I finished off all the princesses... then Disney goes and coronates Merida. It never ends...

Great... now you've got me reading 2 trip reports!!!! :dance3:

Haha, sorry about that Michelle, but I'm really glad to have you here!
The good news is they are quite different. :thumbsup2

I always find Big Thunder to be faster than I remembered it! I keep thinking of it like a slow moving train and get on and get a surprise.
I'm totally with you - back of the coaster is better!
The Stitch meet looks adorable! And the fairies too. You guys got a lot done!
Can you imagine real animals on the jungle cruise? Could get... Interesting!

Haha, I guess we definitely differ there. I think maybe it's because I love me some wild coasters and have yet to find one that's really "scared" me. So by comparison BTM seems slower to me.

Yup, the back is indeed the best even though most think it's the front. All the better though since it makes it easier to get the back.

There is really nothing better than Magic Kingdom on a party day. You for sure get lots done.

I know, but it probably would have sucked by comparison really. "And here's where the hippos would normally be if they hadn't wandered off... and eaten somebody."

I spent the morning catching up and can I just say GREAT UPDATES!!!! Loving the pics, especially the ones on SM, made me feel like I was on the ride! Going to do my best to keep up to date from now on LOL

Jacquie, I'm just glad to have you back. You were missed! :flower3:

Okay FIRST... I am so sad about The Office being over. I mean, that finale was AMAZING, right? I cried for the last 30 minutes of it, straight. I mean, both Matt and I were trying to keep ourselves from sobbing... Yeah. I am going to miss the heck out of that show. But what a perfect finale.

SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I can't even tell you how excited I am to go on Splash in September. I miss it so much; it's been over a year since I went on it (in Disney World, we don't speak of my traumatizing experience in Disneyland)... I can't wait to see it looking all pretty in September!

BAAHAHA that ride photo just cracked me up! OMG, way too funny with the guy behind you!

Big Thunder is caaarazy in the back! Oh man, I had no idea how much faster it feels in the back until this last trip.

HAHA that is so weird that she wouldn't touch you guys! What the heck? Maybe because you were wet? I hope so!

HAHAHA THAT STITCH PHOTO! OMG, so perfect. :rotfl:

I need to get over to your Solo TR here soon! I promise I'll catch up!

Okay FIRST... I am so sad about The Office being over. I mean, that finale was AMAZING, right? I cried for the last 30 minutes of it, straight. I mean, both Matt and I were trying to keep ourselves from sobbing... Yeah. I am going to miss the heck out of that show. But what a perfect finale.

SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I can't even tell you how excited I am to go on Splash in September. I miss it so much; it's been over a year since I went on it (in Disney World, we don't speak of my traumatizing experience in Disneyland)... I can't wait to see it looking all pretty in September!

BAAHAHA that ride photo just cracked me up! OMG, way too funny with the guy behind you!

Big Thunder is caaarazy in the back! Oh man, I had no idea how much faster it feels in the back until this last trip.

HAHA that is so weird that she wouldn't touch you guys! What the heck? Maybe because you were wet? I hope so!

HAHAHA THAT STITCH PHOTO! OMG, so perfect. :rotfl:

I need to get over to your Solo TR here soon! I promise I'll catch up!

Yeah... I def share your pain. BUT, the finale... was... perfect. Plus one of the funniest eps in years. Perfect!
I kept it together right up until I realized where Jim was going with his "I can't be your best man". Then Michael... then tears. Thanks heaven for reruns.

Splash Mountain is genius, plain and simple.

That poor guy and his scared to death (I'm assuming) girlfriend. Wonderful!

Yes, much better in the back for sure, but I recently rode at night and it is a whole new experience. Awesome.

Yeah, it was kind of funny, but then I saw some photos online with the same Periwinkle and they were much the same as ours, so I don't take it personally, lol. Tink had no problem anyway. She was great.

Stitch was one of the best meets ever.

No worries at all Dani. It's just barely started so not much to catch up on.

OMFG ITS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 5  October 12, 2012 Part 3

We were now off to have a look at the brand new Storybook Circus, starting in the back way.
I must say that I was really excited to have the back path in Tomorrowland reopened.

I really missed it.

65.jpg

You know the area is cool when the restrooms warrant a photo.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

Theres not a lot to it, but it really is well done, and I think the circus themed CM costumes might be my favorite ever.

Im just really glad to have to the area open after the closure of Toontown.
If nothing else, its a place for crowds to spread out.
And the new Dumbo is unbelievable visually.

After having our look see at all the new Disney goodness, we followed the construction walls since Id hoped to be able to get a few over the wall New Fantasyland photos.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 5  October 12, 2012 Part 3 Cont.

So we continued on our walk...

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

I kept commenting to K8 that this area was going to be awesome when it opened and I couldnt wait to see it.

86.jpg

87.jpg

Around the corner...

88.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter