A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Hi @Ariel484! I hope it's not too weird but I've been reading through all of your runDisney TRs all the way back to your first PHM weekend, and can I just say, you are such an inspiration! I had already decided that I wanted to try to pick up running again (I used to run in high school but some backwards body image issues came up and got in my way... and then life happened... and now it's 10 years later!), but reading your reports made it seem like such an awesome and fun event. Yesterday I did a short gym session and got kind of discouraged because (of course) I'm nowhere near the runner I wish to be--but then I came home and read some more, and I'm all fired up to try it again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your writing, it's honestly such a gift!

P.S. What kind of yoga classes do you usually do? Or I guess a better question would be, what is the intensity of your yoga classes like? I'm just wondering! I do yoga too at the Y every week and it's super gentle. I like it because it's so soothing but it's not very much of a workout (although the teacher switches it up a lot so I never know...).

I feel you on the highs and lows of running lately. I had a really good couple of runs followed by a horrible long run. Boo! Anyway, I'm chalking a lot of it up to dog days of summer and it's pretty normal for me to get like this, but it's not a lot of fun during the bad ones.

Great job on hitting the yoga classes and for hanging in there well on the strength one. Some of those poses you post are just insane!!!

Love those baby deer though. So sweet and so nice that they came right up to the house. We get them around our place too and I love watching them - that shot with Archie is great though. That's our little dog as well. He's also very ferocious with toads. :)

I'm sorry your running week seemed to have more "lows" that "highs", but I love the sentiment that a new week, and new month is waiting for you tomorrow!! I love a fresh start...and I'm keen to see your Goofy plan!
Yeah, me too...:confused3 I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think I really just forget how much the warmer temperatures make such a difference! This means I'll be setting all kinds of amazing records come fall, right? :banana:

I've changed my mind approximately 1,000 times concerning how to train for Goofy...sigh!!
Hi @Ariel484! I hope it's not too weird but I've been reading through all of your runDisney TRs all the way back to your first PHM weekend, and can I just say, you are such an inspiration!
:wave:

:scratchin I have thought about it...not too weird! :thumbsup2 Thanks for checking out my reports! :)
I had already decided that I wanted to try to pick up running again (I used to run in high school but some backwards body image issues came up and got in my way... and then life happened... and now it's 10 years later!), but reading your reports made it seem like such an awesome and fun event.
Yes - so much fun!! If you like running and Disney, it's pretty much a perfect thing to try out!
Yesterday I did a short gym session and got kind of discouraged because (of course) I'm nowhere near the runner I wish to be--but then I came home and read some more, and I'm all fired up to try it again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your writing, it's honestly such a gift!
I FEEL YOU RIGHT NOW. Sorry for shouting, but seriously - especially the portion of your response that I bolded. That is SO me this year!! Sigh.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! :goodvibes
P.S. What kind of yoga classes do you usually do? Or I guess a better question would be, what is the intensity of your yoga classes like? I'm just wondering! I do yoga too at the Y every week and it's super gentle. I like it because it's so soothing but it's not very much of a workout (although the teacher switches it up a lot so I never know...).
You know...it kind of varies, I guess, but I wouldn't even describe it as "super gentle." Sometimes it's more of a really good stretch, but more than that it's like a workout. Lots of sun salutations, holding chair pose and lunges, stuff like that. With the power class I tried last week, it was more of the same except there were portions where we held planks longer, or threw in a couple of extra push-ups, etc. I am ALWAYS drenched in sweat when I'm done!
I feel you on the highs and lows of running lately. I had a really good couple of runs followed by a horrible long run. Boo! Anyway, I'm chalking a lot of it up to dog days of summer and it's pretty normal for me to get like this, but it's not a lot of fun during the bad ones.
Yeah...maybe this is just a summer thing. Maybe in 6-8 weeks we'll all be killing it! ::yes::
Great job on hitting the yoga classes and for hanging in there well on the strength one. Some of those poses you post are just insane!!!
I know, right?! I seriously do not understand how some of them are possible!!
Love those baby deer though. So sweet and so nice that they came right up to the house. We get them around our place too and I love watching them - that shot with Archie is great though. That's our little dog as well. He's also very ferocious with toads. :)
Ahhh they are sooo cute! The deer around as are very tame and used to people (which sometimes makes driving interesting :eek: they just walk right down the street!)...so I guess these little ones are learning early! I saw them again this morning hanging out in someone's yard and I looooove them. :lovestruc

Archie was LOSING HIS MIND. We were downstairs (we live in a tri-level) and we heard him going insane upstairs and at this point we sort of know if he's barking because someone's walking by, or barking because someone is in the yard/coming up to the house. He is LOUD!! We have run into the occasional toad during walks and he doesn't really know what to make of them! :) Dogs are so funny.

I'm going to apologize in advance for not making any sense ... I'm tired, groggy, and undercaffinated right now.

I think the heat/humidity is too much for almost everyone. Even I've had to cut some runs short or add in some extra walking because of the temperatures, and we all know I'm perfect and never affected by anything (yeah, right). I'm glad to hear the weather has been a little better for you recently ... that hot/humid situation really kinda puts a damper on everything.

Yay for power yoga going well! I think that being able to have a fairly successful class when this is something you haven't done in a long time is a great sign - it means that you're doing awesome with the yoga and your body is really getting used to trying new yoga-things.

Sorry to hear about the not-great day on Friday, but ... things happen. Sometimes you have a rough run, and I think it's awesome that you were able to still get to yoga and you felt better afterwards!

Yay for a new month starting ... it's always nice to get a mini fresh start! Hang in there ... you're doing awesome, and I love reading all about your awesome improvements!

Oh and I'm curious to see Mr. A in the new InB shirt. I'm trying to convince Chris to try that one out. I think it would go well with the club shorts I ordered for him. I'm determined to get him more fashionable in his running attire. ;)

I love all of the deer pictures! We have a ton of deer in our neighborhood, but they are mule deer and NOT as cute as the ones in your neighborhood haha That's awesome that yoga is going well for you. Reading your posts give me my weekly reminder I need to start that up again :)

I hope you are pleased with your goofy plans- can't wait to see how those work for you!

And keep up the good work of getting out there. Seriously, you are such an inspiration for so many people. Even though your runs haven't felt the best, you are getting out there and doing it!

The heat-OMG! I decided to run last week in the rain thinking it would be cooler. WRONG! I was wet from sweat and rain b/c even though it was raining it was still very humid. Oh well, there's nothing that can change it so I am hoping my paces will show all these hard, hot runs were worth it! I know you feel the same.

Great work with the yoga classes! The hubs, my dad and I are now doing spin classes 3 times a week (my 74 y/o dad has been doing them for over a year-what an inspiration, and a motivation) and these ladies that instruct these classes kick my @$$ for an hour! I figure it can only help my running.

I had to buy those serpentine capris and they are awesome! Thanks for the addiction Ariel484! :rotfl:

I'm going to apologize in advance for not making any sense ... I'm tired, groggy, and undercaffinated right now.
Being undercaffinated is never good!!
I think the heat/humidity is too much for almost everyone. Even I've had to cut some runs short or add in some extra walking because of the temperatures, and we all know I'm perfect and never affected by anything (yeah, right). I'm glad to hear the weather has been a little better for you recently ... that hot/humid situation really kinda puts a damper on everything.
Can I just say...I love your sarcasm and sass. ::yes::

As much as I hate getting up really early to get my runs in before work, it's been helpful in forcing me to get outside before it gets REALLY hot. Maybe I need to try that on the weekends...
Yay for power yoga going well! I think that being able to have a fairly successful class when this is something you haven't done in a long time is a great sign - it means that you're doing awesome with the yoga and your body is really getting used to trying new yoga-things.
I hope so!! I'm definitely hoping that I will continue to improve as I go to classes more regularly. :)
Sorry to hear about the not-great day on Friday, but ... things happen. Sometimes you have a rough run, and I think it's awesome that you were able to still get to yoga and you felt better afterwards!
Well thanks! That is a very glass half-full way to look at it. :)
Yay for a new month starting ... it's always nice to get a mini fresh start! Hang in there ... you're doing awesome, and I love reading all about your awesome improvements!
Thanks Sarah! I think you're awesome, too! :)
Oh and I'm curious to see Mr. A in the new InB shirt. I'm trying to convince Chris to try that one out. I think it would go well with the club shorts I ordered for him. I'm determined to get him more fashionable in his running attire. ;)
Yes! He says it makes him feel "like a transformer." I'm not sure what to make of that. :upsidedow I'll try to grab a picture of him in it this week. :thumbsup2
I love all of the deer pictures! We have a ton of deer in our neighborhood, but they are mule deer and NOT as cute as the ones in your neighborhood haha
We haven't had babies like this since we've lived in our house...it's like we're living in a Disney movie! :wizard:
That's awesome that yoga is going well for you. Reading your posts give me my weekly reminder I need to start that up again :)
Namaste!! I really do think it has helped my mental state (and has helped physically too, of course). I think it helps me feel calmer?
I hope you are pleased with your goofy plans- can't wait to see how those work for you!
What I think I've settled on (this schedule) is the same one I have used the last 3 times I have participated in Marathon Weekend...so I'm happy with it since I know it has worked for me before, and I have successfully completed that training...but I'm nervous because I still feel like I'm starting over with running, so looking at this all laid out seems like a LOT! :eek: I know it'll be worth it though.
And keep up the good work of getting out there. Seriously, you are such an inspiration for so many people. Even though your runs haven't felt the best, you are getting out there and doing it!
Thanks! :) That's really nice of you to say! :)
The heat-OMG! I decided to run last week in the rain thinking it would be cooler. WRONG! I was wet from sweat and rain b/c even though it was raining it was still very humid. Oh well, there's nothing that can change it so I am hoping my paces will show all these hard, hot runs were worth it! I know you feel the same.
BLECH!! Blazing, beat-down sun is the worst fo me, but humidity is a close second! :crazy2:

Right there with you - I'm hoping we will all feel awesome in the fall!!
Great work with the yoga classes! The hubs, my dad and I are now doing spin classes 3 times a week (my 74 y/o dad has been doing them for over a year-what an inspiration, and a motivation) and these ladies that instruct these classes kick my @$$ for an hour! I figure it can only help my running.
Wow, good for you guys getting the spin classes in! I tried one spin class and pretty much thought I was going to die! It totally seems like it would help, to work different muscles and get in a different form of cardio. I'll be curious to hear how that works out for you!

I had to buy those serpentine capris and they are awesome! Thanks for the addiction Ariel484! :rotfl:
:teeth: They have been coming out with so much good stuff lately! It truly is an addiction!

But yeah I REALLY love the Serpent capris - I thought they were way better in person! :)

AHHHHHH WITTLE BABIES!!!!!

The most exotic thing we get in our backyard is squirrels eating bread from our trashcans.

Keep repeating to yourself....Fall weather is coming...fall weather is coming...fall weather is coming.

Also if god intended me to be able to do those yoga poses he would not have given me thighs. Actually maybe you accidentally signed up for a break-dancing class. I could see how a mistake like that could be made. I look forward to seeing your next "yoga" battle vs other "yoga" crews.

AHHHHHH WITTLE BABIES!!!!!
RIGHT?? SQUEEEEEE
The most exotic thing we get in our backyard is squirrels eating bread from our trashcans.
Behold, the squirrel in its natural habitat...

We get wittle Bambis, wittle bunnies, wittle squirrels, etc. Nothing too exotic. Animal poop alll throughout the yard. :eek:
Keep repeating to yourself....Fall weather is coming...fall weather is coming...fall weather is coming.
I don't watch Game of Thrones but I'm up on my pop culture enough to know (think?) that this is a GoT reference!

But really - bring on the long-sleeved t-shirt weather, pumpkin everything, fall colors, and BYE BYE summer!!
Also if god intended me to be able to do those yoga poses he would not have given me thighs. Actually maybe you accidentally signed up for a break-dancing class.
You are so right - that picture totally looks like they screen-captured a break dancer!!
I could see how a mistake like that could be made. I look forward to seeing your next "yoga" battle vs other "yoga" crews.
Haha, right? And then we all end with a group "OM" and then put our hands together at heart-center, bow to one another and say "namaste!" ("The light in me honors the light in you.")
The most bad-@$$ crew battle ever! :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Well if you need someone on your yoga-battle crew to just do 10 minutes of straight child's pose...just let me know.

omg, those pictures of the deer are too cute! It does sound a bit scary if the mother is around and she tries to charge, but how cool is that to see all those deer around! I don't see them much around here, other than the one random time last year there was one in the concrete courtyard of my apartment complex. My mom sees them occassionally on her morning walks. And yay for the new INKnBURN clothes. The serpent capris are amazing!

:wave:

Maybe I need to give the treadmill another look? I hate it but it may be better than trying to run in these summer temperatures! Hope your post-cruise runs are going well, it's SO tough to keep it up during vacation and to get back into the swing of things once you come home!

YES!! So pumped! :yay:

I went to that show, too!! The John Hancock one in 1996. I went to another one in, I think, 2008 after those Olympics. LOVE!!!
Yeah, I'm definitely liking the treadmill more than outside right now. I know it's not good prep for races, since it's so different and doesn't prepare you for race day conditions like humidity and/or rain, but it's better than no run at all. I'm going to keep trying to motivate myself to get outside when I can, but the treadmill is just more appealing (never thought I'd say that!). I am going to start using a bit more incline so I can somewhat simulate the unevenness of outside. And so far, I've only done 2 runs since coming home. :blush::headache: One outside on Friday and one on the treadmill this morning. They've both been decent though.

Yep, the John Hancock show in 1996! Good times. I remember that it was the same day as Trick or Treat in our town. I remember going trick or treating and then coming home and going to the show. :goodvibes And now that you mention it, we went to the one in 2008 as well. I almost forgot about that. Depending on how the team does in Rio, I might try to go again this year as well. I'm pretty sure they're coming here.

Oh, my goodness, I love those itty bitty Bambis. You are a true Disney Princess with them gathering around you home (I assume you live in an enchanted glen of some kind). I only get cows and lizards in my backyard. One day there was a turtle and the dogs were freaking out because they didn't get how something so slow could be so unconcerned about them.
I keep telling myself that summer training makes for fall PRs, but it's hard to want it right now. I'm so happy for this thread and the chorus of things just stink right now. It's good to not feel alone and to realize that running just sometimes isn't fun, even when you usually are kind of ok with it and like it like a friend, even if you aren't in love. At this point, I'm starting to count run success in the number of Pokemon caught.

Well if you need someone on your yoga-battle crew to just do 10 minutes of straight child's pose...just let me know.
You are always welcome on my crew. ::yes::
omg, those pictures of the deer are too cute! It does sound a bit scary if the mother is around and she tries to charge, but how cool is that to see all those deer around! I don't see them much around here, other than the one random time last year there was one in the concrete courtyard of my apartment complex. My mom sees them occassionally on her morning walks.
that mom was not messing around! The deer around here are super used to people, so they don't always run away...but she's the only one who is ever walked TOWARD us. :eek:
And yay for the new INKnBURN clothes. The serpent capris are amazing!
:) I loooove them!!
Yeah, I'm definitely liking the treadmill more than outside right now. I know it's not good prep for races, since it's so different and doesn't prepare you for race day conditions like humidity and/or rain, but it's better than no run at all. I'm going to keep trying to motivate myself to get outside when I can, but the treadmill is just more appealing (never thought I'd say that!). I am going to start using a bit more incline so I can somewhat simulate the unevenness of outside. And so far, I've only done 2 runs since coming home. :blush::headache: One outside on Friday and one on the treadmill this morning. They've both been decent though.
Hey, the important thing is that you're getting back to it. It's freaky how easy it is to break a routine!
Yep, the John Hancock show in 1996! Good times. I remember that it was the same day as Trick or Treat in our town. I remember going trick or treating and then coming home and going to the show. :goodvibes And now that you mention it, we went to the one in 2008 as well. I almost forgot about that. Depending on how the team does in Rio, I might try to go again this year as well. I'm pretty sure they're coming here.
Yes!! Another super fan!! :yay:

I may try to go this year, too. :scratchin I know they don't do their competition-level stuff during those shoes but it would still be fun!
Oh, my goodness, I love those itty bitty Bambis. You are a true Disney Princess with them gathering around you home (I assume you live in an enchanted glen of some kind). I only get cows and lizards in my backyard. One day there was a turtle and the dogs were freaking out because they didn't get how something so slow could be so unconcerned about them.
Yeah, I'm like freaking Snow White over here!!

LOL at your dogs and the turtle!! That's such dog behavior. They get freaked out over the funniest things.
I keep telling myself that summer training makes for fall PRs, but it's hard to want it right now. I'm so happy for this thread and the chorus of things just stink right now. It's good to not feel alone and to realize that running just sometimes isn't fun, even when you usually are kind of ok with it and like it like a friend, even if you aren't in love. At this point, I'm starting to count run success in the number of Pokemon caught.
Oh yes, come to this thread any time. We have real talk, baby deer, clothes, purses, yoga battle crews...occasionally running....:teeth:

Seriously though. I'm happy that I can vent about this stuff and that people are going through what I'm going through. It makes me feel better about the state of things!!

And keep catching those Pokemon!! :)

@ZellyB I present to you (and Chris)...Light Speed!
28697044766_78de0fe718_z.jpg

But really - bring on the long-sleeved t-shirt weather, pumpkin everything, fall colors, and BYE BYE summer!!
Yes x1000 to this! I cannot wait for everything fall. I'm in the minority, but I do not care much for summer. Some parts of it, yes, but fall will always be my favorite season.

Yes x1000 to this! I cannot wait for everything fall. I'm in the minority, but I do not care much for summer. Some parts of it, yes, but fall will always be my favorite season.
Right there with you, I'm not a fan of summer. We had a glorious summer last year where we hit 90 degrees maybe 3 times - that was awesome. This hot and humid weather is NOT my favorite!

Sweet! Thanks for the pic. I really like that shirt. I think Chris would go for that one. I'll show him tonight.

Right there with you, I'm not a fan of summer. We had a glorious summer last year where we hit 90 degrees maybe 3 times - that was awesome. This hot and humid weather is NOT my favorite!
I think we had a pretty average summer last year too. But we got some hot, above average weather in early September and the above average stayed around throughout the rest of the year. It was 60 degrees and raining 2 days before Christmas.

And sadly, I just saw a fall weather outlook that doesn't please me too much. They're predicting the hot weather to linger into September in the Midwest and say the area could still be touching 90 around that time. Ugh, I just want fall weather!

Well, first off, I have to apologize for not keeping up with your journal - I actually haven't been on the DIS boards much at all the last couple of months, so you're not the only one I'm neglecting! Not that my opinion carries much weight! ;)

So, I have to say that that BB-8 tech shirt is so stinking cute and it's very flattering on you. :thumbsup2 I'm glad you've seen the movie now and can appreciate my BB8BFF in all his adorableness. And double yay for watching the original trilogy, too! As for the Ewoks, they do catch a lot of flak (because of the aforementioned slapstick humor), but I'm just going to put this out there: how do they just happen to have a dress in Leia's size? Because they eat people. Not so cute and cuddly any more, are they?! :eek:

And Finding Dory was ADORABLE!! I am just going to say that this fully-grown, adult human bought herself a plush Hank last trip to Epcot. Hank was my favorite new character, with Destiny the whale shark coming in a close second. You totally should get a Baby Dory! :fish:

Your cruise looked like so much fun, sometimes doing nothing at all is exactly what you need to recharge and rejuvenate. And speaking of which (doing nothing), in a roundabout way, I totally get your frustration with running. It's tough when it's something you do all. the. time. and it feels like you're running to stand still (no pun intended). I suffered post-Dopey malaise this year but had to tough it out because I'd signed up for a bunch of races in the months afterwards. My last half marathon until W&D was last month and it was awful, terrible, no good and left a sour taste in my mouth for running (I had a brush with hyponatremia because the race didn't start until 8am and Wisconsin is apparently having a hotter summer than I remember in the past) and so I took 3 weeks off from it. I've since started back up and am struggling (Florida heat and humidity *shakes fist*), but I feel 150% better having taken that time off to breathe and get the negativity out of my system. I'm glad to hear that your new training plan is working so well for you and that things are getting better! FWIW, I didn't think you sounded whiny, either, it was very honest and straightforward. We're all human and allowed to feel the bad along with the good.

:hug:

Eek about the vandalism on your house! That is insane! But the theory that it was girls makes a lot of sense. Is it possible, since you said Mr. A is a popular teacher, that it might have been a girl with a crush on him? Especially with the fixation on the cat synonym? At any rate, I'm glad it was relatively easy to clean up and that it hasn't happened again - and I'd be surprised if Mr. A doesn't find out who it was once school starts up again. Motion-detection lighting is definitely the way to go - my parents were both teachers and we had that even when I was in high school many, many years ago.

Speaking of Mr. A, way to go on grad school! Woot woot!

Finally, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who talks to animals. As long as they don't talk back, it's all good! :rotfl:

Ooh, and yay for stress-free PHM registration! Fantastic!!
party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter