A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

hahaha maybe @DopeyBadger does a boot training plan as well? :rotfl2:I totally know what you mean though. I have been deep into the comfort shoe thing lately (Go Walks, birks, Tevas, and for dressier times super comfy wedges. I'm going to cry when I put a pair of boots on this fall :laughing:
Yes, comfort shoes FTW! The boots look pretty, but OUCH! Pain is beauty.
Love the trip plans! That sounds so fun to meet up with Dis-ers on the Illuminations cruise. can't wait to see the pics!
Yes! I feel like it's something I never would have done otherwise and a chance to meet people I have "known" here on the DIS for quite awhile now. Looking forward to it!
I'm so proud of you. I was very much in love with Mark Hamill when I was 12. Then I went back to watch them as an adult and saw that Luke had a LOT of growing up to do before he deserved that level of crush...
Yeah, he was soooo whiny!! :confused3
LOLOL and if he does it will be color coded!
:rotfl2: I'm not gonna lie...I do have a boot plan mapped out in my head. Not color-coded, but it is planned out. :thumbsup2
BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS- the first time I read that I saw BOATS BOATS BOATS. I'm just going to assume the HIMYM reference so I feel less obscure reference-y.
YES!! :worship::worship::worship: You get me. :hug:
I love me some Ewoks- almost as much as I love droids (almost). My little sister was born the exact same day Return of the Jedi came out and my aunt took my sibs and me to the movie while my parents went to the hospital and after the movie I had a baby sister. So I always associate Ewoks with cute little babies that turn into lifelong friends which means the Ewoks are PURE AWESOME and whenever I hear someone say otherwise I just say
View attachment 181341
#truestory
And yes, I am working on securing the movie rights to the riveting tale I just told you before someone steals that little gem :ewok: (I was going to do a rolling eyes sarcastic emoji here, but well, EWOK)
Okay, see - THAT I understand. But for 32-year-old me seeing the movie for the first time, it was like...here are these obvious marketing ploys that are popping in and doing slapstick and wow they're really quite a big part of the third movie and don't you just want to own your very own plush Ewok to cuddle with?! :rotfl2: The 3rd movie just really had a different feel to it, to me, compared to the first 2. Like it was way more "Hollywood" - you could tell Carrie Fisher lost weird (for the slave bikini I guess), the Ewoks scene, etc. Anyway...
Every time I hear you talk about yoga I feel like I should start it. The gym by my house offers classes- I think once the kids go back to school I will start going to the classes. It seems like one of those good all around body things.
I do like it. For me too, I feel like it helps relax me, too. It's an hour just for me and there are no phones, computer, etc. It's nice.
And I don't blame Mr. A for the sleeveless thing. I avoid them most of the time. The inkNburn one was the exception on the faith it would be Star Wars related.
Yeah, he's not a fan...like, AT ALL. :)

We very nearly named this little guy Ewok...

Teddy_zpszx68qtrg.jpg

My little sister was born the exact same day Return of the Jedi came out and my aunt took my sibs and me to the movie while my parents went to the hospital and after the movie I had a baby sister. So I always associate Ewoks with cute little babies that turn into lifelong friends which means the Ewoks are PURE AWESOME and whenever I hear someone say otherwise I just say
OK this was the sweetest explanation on why someone likes Ewoks that I've ever heard!

I am a little behind but yay for booking flights! We haven't booked ours yet we are hoping they go down just a little bit more.

ADRs look good. I was tempted to do the dessert cruise but I have my grandma and sister with me who don't know WDW as well as I do so I decided to stick with them. I do hope to meet some of you guys during the week though.

congrats on getting into the princess 5k in early registration. My cousin is doing GSC. I have no urgent desire to do that weekend because I am a guy but maybe some day.

Still have not seen the new Star Wars so I am still very left out :sad:

But I do appreciate any and all cute dog pictures, star wars related or otherwise

I am a little behind but yay for booking flights! We haven't booked ours yet we are hoping they go down just a little bit more.
I hope yours come down soon! Mine were too good to pass up. :)
ADRs look good. I was tempted to do the dessert cruise but I have my grandma and sister with me who don't know WDW as well as I do so I decided to stick with them. I do hope to meet some of you guys during the week though.
I'm sure you will! We're all such over-sharers, I think we'll easily recognize people.
congrats on getting into the princess 5k in early registration. My cousin is doing GSC. I have no urgent desire to do that weekend because I am a guy but maybe some day.
Thanks! It was a pretty easy registration...doesn't seem to be as popular this year!

FWIW...my brother did the Princess Half with me in 2011 and had fun. :)
Still have not seen the new Star Wars so I am still very left out :sad:

But I do appreciate any and all cute dog pictures, star wars related or otherwise
Go see it then!!

Cute dog pictures are always welcome here. ::yes::

Running Blind - Week 2
Monday, July 11 - Sunday, July 17, 2016

Monday, July 11 (30-minute run @ Effort 1)

Another week begins! I got to bed late because I was watching Day 2 of the US Olympic Gymnastics trials. :hyper: SIMONE FTW!! And I am happy to see Aly (my fave) and Gabby back for another Olympics. :) Sidenote: I found out that some amazing soul loaded the 1996 Olympic Team Gymnastics competition onto YouTube, so I know what my plans are for this weekend. :teeth: I had that entire competition recorded on VHS and watched it over and over and over that summer. Pretty sure I had it memorized! I think it’ll be fun to watch again.

Not much to say about this run...I didn't go as far as I have on my other Effort 1 runs, so that was disappointing. :( I'm taking @SarahDisney's advice and am going to try out the gear tracking feature with my Garmin and try to stop looking at how far I have run. It still bums me out a bit if I don't get to a certain distance in my 30-minute time frame, even though I still technically did the run "correctly." So I am not doing a great job at running "blind," it seems!

Tuesday, July 12 (rest)
Rest day...it's the best day.

Other happenings today: I signed my grad school buddy up for the Princess 10K. :) (She's on a cruise in Europe and doesn't have internet access, so we coordinated this a couple of weeks ago). I'm a little nervous for her and my other grad school buddy to come on this trip and see just how much of a Disney freak I truly am. I mean, they have an idea, but they've never seen me in my natural habitat. :upsidedow On the other hand, I AM excited to hang out with them for an extended period of time! Grad school would have been a complete nightmare if not for my friendship with these two ladies.

BOOT UPDATE: Boots training plan is going well (you thought I was joking about that? Nope). I wore boots yesterday and had no ankle soreness. Actually I'm having a pretty good leg/back day so far, so that's always a good thing. Today I'm back to being frumpy with my Brooks Adrenalines and my pants rolled up so that they don't drag on the ground. Same thing planned for tomorrow, then Thursday - back to being fancy in my boots.

Next week I'm gonna get thrown off though...why? Because THE REPUBLICANS ARE COMING! :eek: As in, the Republican National Convention. The higher-ups here at work have strongly encouraged us to work remotely that week (it seems the Republicans are taking a bunch of our parking spots, so do we really have a choice?), and well - I don't need to be told twice to avoid downtown. Huzzah for a week of working from home in my PJs! My boots are pretty but they don't go with PJs, so no boots next week. I'll have to start over with my training!

Wednesday, July 13 (45-minute run @ Effort 1/Effort 3/Effort 1 pace)
UGH - crappy sleeping week for me between not getting to bed early enough and just not sleeping well. :( This morning I woke up about an hour before my alarm was due to go off and just started thinking about the run, work, etc...I couldn't turn my brain off and couldn't go back to sleep. It was SO TOUGH to drag myself out of bed for this run.

Overall it was okay. I did get out of bed and I did get it done, so woohoo for that. I set up the shoe tracker in my Garmin and checked that later and it seems to be working, so now I can stop looking at my watch for time and distance reasons. :) During my run I was thinking about options for Goofy training (which would need to begin the week after my 10-mile race...less than 2 months away. Eeeeek) and I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I think a more traditional training plan may work because with the way I do Disney races, I don't care at all what my pace is...so if I don't have some sort of goal time in mind, that may take some of the pressure off during training. I may be good to go back to a mileage-based training plan. I looked at Galloway's Goofy plan and for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure it's the one for me. May end up going back to Higdon...we'll see!

I think the bad sleep and lack of sleep really caught up to me today and I felt drained. Then I stayed at work a bit later to finish up something, which meant I got home later and we had dinner later. These things led me to deciding not to go to yoga today...I'll be back on Friday! ::yes::

While making dinner tonight (breakfast for dinner, yum! I seem to have finally mastered making eggs over easy, so that was a triumph) I got an email from American Airlines that there was a change to my Wine & Dine flights. For my flight to Orlando, I booked an itinerary with a connector and they'd changed the second leg of that trip to a flight that left 3 hours later than what I'd originally booked (so I basically went from a 45-minute layover to an almost 4-hour layover). :mad: Ummmm could you not eat into my Disney time, American Airlines?!

While my eggs cooked I hopped onto the American Airlines app and saw that there were still a few itineraries that were close to what I'd originally booked. We ate dinner and afterward I called their customer service to tell them that I did not want to accept the changed reservation, which is something I'd never done before. Except for sitting on hold for 10-15 minutes, it turned out to be pretty painless - I mentioned a new itinerary I was looking at and the person I was talking to switched me to it, no problem. I'd read online that it was possible I'd have to pay a change fee, but she didn't charge me anything - she even got me window seats without my asking, which was nice. And to top it off, I'm now connecting in Charlotte instead of DC, which must be a bit more of a direct route to Orlando, because the total trip time seems to be about 45 minutes less than what I had originally booked (I land about the same time as what I originally had, but my first flight takes off about 40 minutes later). Overall I thought it was a good experience with their customer service - I was glad they emailed me (United doesn't email when they made flight changes, sigh. Southwest does though!) and they changed me to a better flight without my having to pay anything. :yay: And it doesn't cut into my Disney time. Whew!

Thursday, July 14 (rest)
Ahhhhh. :) I finished up a big project at work this morning so I'm feeling goooood!

Mr. A is out of town for the evening, so the monster was at camp today. I grabbed him on the way home...
28295621031_786e7b8038_z.jpg

...got some take-out from my favorite local place, and fired up the Apple TV. I pulled up the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Team Competition and watched that. IT WAS GLORIOUS. I remembered it all. I fell down the YouTube rabbit hole and watched the 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 competitions...ahhhh, can't wait for the Olympics!!!

Friday, July 15 (60-minute run @ Effort 1)
Easy run, wheee! This was fine. But I ended up leaving WAY too late and there was no way to make it to yoga on time. This trend of missing yoga is not good!

What is good - the bag I switched to! Last week my right arm was feeling sore and I realized it was from where my Harveys Patchwork bag was hitting it. So sad! That bad is now up for sale on eBay, and I'm using this beauty - the Good vs. Evil Carriage Ring Tote:
27757670944_c8cd597eb7_z.jpg

Ariel is on the other side. LOVE IT.

Saturday, July 16 (60-minute run @ Effort 2)
GREAT run today - I needed this after last week!
28374404835_60064288df_z.jpg

We had a bit of a cold snap so it was only in the low 70s for this run. Maybe that made all of the difference, because I felt SO much better this week compared to last week. I made it further than I expected, too. Yay!

Wrestle to celebrate!
27757674024_cef65037f2_z.jpg

Sunday, July 17 (yoga)
I made it to yoga today!! Woohoo! I woke up with some back soreness, so it wasn't my best class...but at least I went!!

My schedule is going to be different this week - since I'll be working from home I'm going to take advantage of some yoga classes that are available over my lunch break, so that means I don't have to double up on Wednesday. Yay!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Well Yoga may not have gone how you wanted, but it certainly sounds like Running steadily improved as the week went on :) So definitely a win!!! And working form home next week! Can't beat that :)

OMG I have never even thought of watching past gymnastics Olympics competitions-- I love it!! One of my FAVORITE SNL sketch of all time is Chris Kattan as Kerri Strug's brother Kippy on Weekend Update! :rotfl2: Kerri Strug is so amazing!

And I'm sorry you're going to have to interrupt your boot training ;) I really hope everything goes smoothly in Cleveland (not speaking about the actual convention (can't wait to see the Daily Show's coverage of that actual thing haha) but the people surrounding it. I'm worried about things getting too crazy!!

And yay for getting your flights sorted. That's too bad things got changed on you in the first place!

And congrats on ending your week with a great run! :banana:

So jealous of your cold snap my weekend run was in the 80s because we've got a heat wave. That being said can I tell you how in love I am with your outfit from Saturday! Is it Ink-N-Burn? I love the tops but I think I love the capris even more.

Love that Ursula bag! I can't wait for the Olympics too, cool idea to watch past Olympics, the Magnificent Seven team was memorable.

Woohoo for a great run!

Another solid week of training in the bag. Glad to hear the boot training seems to be going well too! :) Love the pup pictures as always and that Ursula bag is cool.

I'm glad you were able to work out your air travels and even slightly for the better. United did that too us last year, but we didn't have any options to improve things. Made us get in two hours later than originally planned. I hate when airlines do that! Grrr.

Hope the week working at home goes well and that the city as a whole survives a political convention. I imagine it must make it nightmarish to get around.

Running Blind - Week 2
Monday, July 11 - Sunday, July 17, 2016

Monday, July 11 (30-minute run @ Effort 1)

Another week begins! I got to bed late because I was watching Day 2 of the US Olympic Gymnastics trials. :hyper: SIMONE FTW!! And I am happy to see Aly (my fave) and Gabby back for another Olympics. :) Sidenote: I found out that some amazing soul loaded the 1996 Olympic Team Gymnastics competition onto YouTube, so I know what my plans are for this weekend. :teeth: I had that entire competition recorded on VHS and watched it over and over and over that summer. Pretty sure I had it memorized! I think it’ll be fun to watch again.

Not much to say about this run...I didn't go as far as I have on my other Effort 1 runs, so that was disappointing. :( I'm taking @SarahDisney's advice and am going to try out the gear tracking feature with my Garmin and try to stop looking at how far I have run. It still bums me out a bit if I don't get to a certain distance in my 30-minute time frame, even though I still technically did the run "correctly." So I am not doing a great job at running "blind," it seems!

Tuesday, July 12 (rest)
Rest day...it's the best day.

Other happenings today: I signed my grad school buddy up for the Princess 10K. :) (She's on a cruise in Europe and doesn't have internet access, so we coordinated this a couple of weeks ago). I'm a little nervous for her and my other grad school buddy to come on this trip and see just how much of a Disney freak I truly am. I mean, they have an idea, but they've never seen me in my natural habitat. :upsidedow On the other hand, I AM excited to hang out with them for an extended period of time! Grad school would have been a complete nightmare if not for my friendship with these two ladies.

BOOT UPDATE: Boots training plan is going well (you thought I was joking about that? Nope). I wore boots yesterday and had no ankle soreness. Actually I'm having a pretty good leg/back day so far, so that's always a good thing. Today I'm back to being frumpy with my Brooks Adrenalines and my pants rolled up so that they don't drag on the ground. Same thing planned for tomorrow, then Thursday - back to being fancy in my boots.

Next week I'm gonna get thrown off though...why? Because THE REPUBLICANS ARE COMING! :eek: As in, the Republican National Convention. The higher-ups here at work have strongly encouraged us to work remotely that weekend (it seems the Republicans are taking a bunch of our parking spots, so do we really have a choice?), and well - I don't need to be told twice to avoid downtown. Huzzah for a week of working from home in my PJs! My boots are pretty but they don't go with PJs, so no boots next week. I'll have to start over with my training!

Wednesday, July 13 (45-minute run @ Effort 1/Effort 3/Effort 1 pace)
UGH - crappy sleeping week for me between not getting to bed early enough and just not sleeping well. :( This morning I woke up about an hour before my alarm was due to go off and just started thinking about the run, work, etc...I couldn't turn my brain off and couldn't go back to sleep. It was SO TOUGH to drag myself out of bed for this run.

Overall it was okay. I did get out of bed and I did get it done, so woohoo for that. I set up the shoe tracker in my Garmin and checked that later and it seems to be working, so now I can stop looking at my watch for time and distance reasons. :) During my run I was thinking about options for Goofy training (which would need to begin the week after my 10-mile race...less than 2 months away. Eeeeek) and I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I think a more traditional training plan may work because with the way I do Disney races, I don't care at all what my pace is...so if I don't have some sort of goal time in mind, that may take some of the pressure off during training. I may be good to go back to a mileage-based training plan. I looked at Galloway's Goofy plan and for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure it's the one for me. May end up going back to Higdon...we'll see!

I think the bad sleep and lack of sleep really caught up to me today and I felt drained. Then I stayed at work a bit later to finish up something, which meant I got home later and we had dinner later. These things led me to deciding not to go to yoga today...I'll be back on Friday! ::yes::

While making dinner tonight (breakfast for dinner, yum! I seem to have finally mastered making eggs over easy, so that was a triumph) I got an email from American Airlines that there was a change to my Wine & Dine flights. For my flight to Orlando, I booked an itinerary with a connector and they'd changed the second leg of that trip to a flight that left 3 hours later than what I'd originally booked (so I basically went from a 45-minute layover to an almost 4-hour layover). :mad: Ummmm could you not eat into my Disney time, American Airlines?!

While my eggs cooked I hopped onto the American Airlines app and saw that there were still a few itineraries that were close to what I'd originally booked. We ate dinner and afterward I called their customer service to tell them that I did not want to accept the changed reservation, which is something I'd never done before. Except for sitting on hold for 10-15 minutes, it turned out to be pretty painless - I mentioned a new itinerary I was looking at and the person I was talking to switched me to it, no problem. I'd read online that it was possible I'd have to pay a change fee, but she didn't charge me anything - she even got me window seats without my asking, which was nice. And to top it off, I'm now connecting in Charlotte instead of DC, which must be a bit more of a direct route to Orlando, because the total trip time seems to be about 45 minutes less than what I had originally booked (I land about the same time as what I originally had, but my first flight takes off about 40 minutes later). Overall I thought it was a good experience with their customer service - I was glad they emailed me (United doesn't email when they made flight changes, sigh. Southwest does though!) and they changed me to a better flight without my having to pay anything. :yay: And it doesn't cut into my Disney time. Whew!

Thursday, July 14 (rest)
Ahhhhh. :) I finished up a big project at work this morning so I'm feeling goooood!

Mr. A is out of town for the evening, so the monster was at camp today. I grabbed him on the way home...
28295621031_786e7b8038_z.jpg

...got some take-out from my favorite local place, and fired up the Apple TV. I pulled up the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Team Competition and watched that. IT WAS GLORIOUS. I remembered it all. I fell down the YouTube rabbit hole and watched the 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 competitions...ahhhh, can't wait for the Olympics!!!

Friday, July 15 (60-minute run @ Effort 1)
Easy run, wheee! This was fine. But I ended up leaving WAY too late and there was no way to make it to yoga on time. This trend of missing yoga is not good!

What is good - the back I switched to! Last week my right arm was feeling sore and I realized it was from where my Harveys Patchwork bag was hitting it. So sad! That bad is now up for sale on eBay, and I'm using this beauty - the Good vs. Evil Carriage Ring Tote:

Saturday, July 16 (60-minute run @ Effort 2)
28374404835_60064288df_z.jpg

We had a bit of a cold snap so it was only in the low 70s for this run. Maybe that made all of the difference, because I felt SO much better this week compared to last week. I made it further than I expected, too. Yay!

Wrestle to celebrate!
27757674024_cef65037f2_z.jpg

Sunday, July 17 (yoga)
I made it to yoga today!! Woohoo! I woke up with some back soreness, so it wasn't my best class...but at least I went!!

My schedule is going to be different this week - since I'll be working from home I'm going to take advantage of some yoga classes that are available over my lunch break, so that means I don't have to double up on Wednesday. Yay!

Continued in Next Post

Good to see another Harvey's fan! My wife has the Sally NBC purse, the Mickey/Minnie boat tote and a wallet. I've even gotten pulled in with a NBC Bats wallet and a regular Dopp kit. The wallet has been far and away the most durable I've ever owned. I've had it for 4-5 years and it looks just like the day I bought it!

I didn't watch the trials because I had some other stuff going on, but I watched a bit of the national championships a few weeks ago, and ... Simone Biles is insane. I can never get enough of watching her, she's amazing. I'm excited that Aly is going back, because I love her. I'm a little meh on Gabby, but she'll be a good asset to the team.
And at some point I need to go find that 1996 Olympics on YouTube. I used to have the 2008 gymnastics finals on VHS ... I was in Florida for a wedding that weekend (the finals started on Thursday night and I had a mad early flight on Friday so I couldn't watch any of it), so my mom taped them for me. Not sure if I still have them ... we've since gotten a new TV and never bothered to hook up the VCR.

It still bums me out a bit if I don't get to a certain distance in my 30-minute time frame, even though I still technically did the run "correctly." So I am not doing a great job at running "blind," it seems!

(warning: I'm about to go off on a short personal tangent)
Yeah. I have the same problem. For me, it's 2.5 miles. If I don't get to 2.5 miles on my 30 minute runs, I feel like I had a bad run, even if otherwise I felt great. With the summer heat (and my refusal to not wear long sleeves), I've been slowing down a bit, and it took me a little while to learn to be okay with not reaching that distance. Sometimes I'm not okay with it. Sometimes I realize that I'm not going to make back it to the playground near my house before I hit 30 minutes, so I decide to just keep running until I reach the playground. Some days that's a good decision, some days it's a mistake. But I'm learning when I should and shouldn't make that decision, and I'm learning to be okay having to walk a little extra to get home, and that's what matters. I think that's one thing that not having any races on the horizon has given me - the opportunity to learn how to be okay with whatever happens on my run.
I know this doesn't help much, but ... you just have to find a way to be okay with it. Some days you'll make it to where you want to go. Some days you won't. Having a great run doesn't have to mean reaching your distance goal. It doesn't have to mean running at a certain pace. It doesn't have to mean being perfect. The only thing you really have to do to have a great run is go out there and give it your best shot. It's okay to go out there and have a goal. It's okay to say that you want to go a certain distance. You just also have to be okay with the knowledge that you may not reach your goal, or you may not know whether or not you've reached your goal. It's a lot harder than it sounds ... but once you learn to be okay with whatever happens, it makes even the worst runs a little easier to handle.

Yay boot training! I'm glad it's going well for you!

Flight itinerary changes are the worst :( I'm glad it all got fixed, though ... always nice when things work out.

What is good - the back I switched to! Last week my right arm was feeling sore and I realized it was from where my Harveys Patchwork bag was hitting it. So sad! That bad is now up for sale on eBay, and I'm using this beauty - the Good vs. Evil Carriage Ring Tote:

Sorry to hear that your bag wasn't working out for you ... sometimes things just aren't as comfortable as they should be. But the new bag is awesome! (Although I have to admit ... I'm not a villains girl. But they make it work okay for the bag.)

Yay great run! Always nice when you have one of those. I'm guessing the mermaid outfit definitely contributed to the greatness of the run.

I hope you're having fun working from home! Do it long enough and you'll miss the office, but it's definitely always nice to change things up and have the opportunity to work in your PJs!

I am behind on everything Disboards, but love reading all the updates!

So excited to hear your Marathon Weekend plans are shaping up :D

And I have zero regrets over booking so early, because not long after I read here on the DIS that DVC is full for Marathon Weekend! :faint: Eeeek!

Seriously, it's insane! We happened to book a trip Jan 2-6 with friends not realizing it was butting up into the beginning of that weekend. It was kind of a nightmare trying to find a place - we all ended up wanting to stay together, so we booked a 2 bedroom without much difficulty, but the studios we were originally looking at were extremely limited!

This is why we went ahead and booked our Princess trip around the same time so we could take advantage of our 11-month window at the Polynesian. Still may switch resorts at the end of the month if we want to use less points, but we have a reservation.

Congratulations on the Princess registration! I'm so so excited for that weekend, and I know you must be! Glad that it was a relatively painless process with the deferral link, and even more exciting that the trip is with friends :)

Good luck with all the convention people this week - seems like a good plan to work from home, at least.

OMG youtube gymnastics! I was going down that rabbit hole while watching the trials as well. I love watching the clips from the 60's and then Olga days and then Nadia and MaryLou and Kim and Shannon and ahhhhhh
Too bad I've never been able to succesfully even master a cartwheel. I'm a complete spaz with anything gynmastics related.
My kiddo is in "tumblebears" right now and wants so badly to go to big girl gymnastics. So I think we will try it.
Too bad she's going to be tall like me...it may be a short lived career!

ahhhhhhhhhh puppppppy!!!!

Also I vote for letting your disney-freak-flag fly. Spread the joy and the crazy :)

I wish you and Rachel would be there too!!

Fingers crossed for Dopey 2018!

SAME!!! Looking at all of these food pictures is making me super hungry! Eating an apple is the same as eating delicious Disney food, right? :faint:

Mmmmmm caramel apple!

SO... I've catching up to do!

First of all that Crow pose is INSANE.. I think if I tried it I'd be the star of my next exercise fail gif so I'm just not going to...

Speaking of yoga fails
f3a7ddf1eb78250e4951115e7d615ede.gif

Anyway...

Other happenings today: I signed my grad school buddy up for the Princess 10K. :) (She's on a cruise in Europe and doesn't have internet access, so we coordinated this a couple of weeks ago). I'm a little nervous for her and my other grad school buddy to come on this trip and see just how much of a Disney freak I truly am.

Oooh this is good news!! Haha I also have that fear!! WE'RE CRAZY!!!

BOOT UPDATE
: Boots training plan is going well (you thought I was joking about that? Nope).

YES!! I love that you have boots training... Like I just don't understand how people walk around all the time in heels, boots are my compromise and even still you have to build up the time and distance you know?!

I can't deal with this cuteness... can't deal...

Oh nice!! I picked up this makeup bag the other day that I think you'll appreciate
m9TYAL8qP8Btmer41wBZHQw.jpg

It was like £6 - bargain!

I LOVE working from home! It makes it so much easier to fit training runs or classes into the day!
Hope you're having a week! :D

Good job for being able to hold Crow for about 5 seconds! that is hard!

Forearm stand is hard! When I've done it, I've been next to a wall which has helped my fear of getting into it. In fact, up until this week that was the only way I got into supported headstand too (at least since middle school when I took dance regularly)

Have you done tripod before?

Hope you got the new yoga classes in this week!

I really need to get into my training for Wine & Dine...at least I'm keeping up with my yoga.

Well Yoga may not have gone how you wanted, but it certainly sounds like Running steadily improved as the week went on :) So definitely a win!!! And working form home next week! Can't beat that :)
Working from home has been SUPER nice. Just being able to be in comfy clothes, no make-up or doing my hair or driving in...it's been awesome. I don't know how I'll go back!
OMG I have never even thought of watching past gymnastics Olympics competitions-- I love it!! One of my FAVORITE SNL sketch of all time is Chris Kattan as Kerri Strug's brother Kippy on Weekend Update! :rotfl2: Kerri Strug is so amazing!
Ahhh I totally remember that one!!

I think the 1996 gymnastics stuff was a suggest search for me on YouTube...which is a little creepy that the computer knew to suggest that for me :scratchin but I do enjoy watching the old competitions!!
And I'm sorry you're going to have to interrupt your boot training ;) I really hope everything goes smoothly in Cleveland (not speaking about the actual convention (can't wait to see the Daily Show's coverage of that actual thing haha) but the people surrounding it. I'm worried about things getting too crazy!!
The Daily Show has been ON POINT this week! I didn't realize they were *actually* in Cleveland - I googled it yesterday and I know just where they are. I should have tried to get in the audience! Oh well.

Overall it seems like there wasn't much drama, which is a relief. :)
And yay for getting your flights sorted. That's too bad things got changed on you in the first place!
Yeah, I guess that's what I get for booking them so early. But it worked out for the better!
And congrats on ending your week with a great run! :banana:
Thanks!! This week has been a little rough so I'm hoping tomorrow will be another good one!
So jealous of your cold snap my weekend run was in the 80s because we've got a heat wave.
Be jealous no more - we're currently under a heat advisory and I am SO over it!!
That being said can I tell you how in love I am with your outfit from Saturday! Is it Ink-N-Burn? I love the tops but I think I love the capris even more.
Yes! It's the Mermaid Capris and Abalone top. They are both sold out, unfortunately (well, Abalone is still available in XS and XL), but the new Serpent capris are similar to the Mermaid capris. I'm hoping mine arrive tomorrow!!
51c47746-e67e-4503-a58c-3f1a170ea470.jpg

Love that Ursula bag! I can't wait for the Olympics too, cool idea to watch past Olympics, the Magnificent Seven team was memorable.
I loooooved them. Weirdly enough, Dominique Moceanu leaves somewhere near me...if I randomly ran into her I would totally fangirl all over the place, and it would be ambarrassing. :)
Woohoo for a great run!
:banana:
Another solid week of training in the bag. Glad to hear the boot training seems to be going well too! :) Love the pup pictures as always and that Ursula bag is cool.
All good things, all good things ::yes::
I'm glad you were able to work out your air travels and even slightly for the better. United did that too us last year, but we didn't have any options to improve things. Made us get in two hours later than originally planned. I hate when airlines do that! Grrr.
Ugh, I remember you posting about that. So crappy! Would they have given you a refund, I wonder? I need to get sharper on stuff like that, I feel like flight schedules get switched all the freaking time anymore. :(
Hope the week working at home goes well and that the city as a whole survives a political convention. I imagine it must make it nightmarish to get around.
It seems like everything went pretty well, from what I understand - I made it my goal to go nowhere near downtown and I succeeded with that, so I truly have no idea how difficult it was to get around. I think a LOT of people had the option to work from home, so maybe it wasn't actually that bad since so many people weren't making the drive? :scratchin I am happy that I didn't have to even attempt it!
Good to see another Harvey's fan! My wife has the Sally NBC purse, the Mickey/Minnie boat tote and a wallet. I've even gotten pulled in with a NBC Bats wallet and a regular Dopp kit. The wallet has been far and away the most durable I've ever owned. I've had it for 4-5 years and it looks just like the day I bought it!
Oooh...nice collection from your wife. Both of her bags are highly coveted in the Dooney/Harveys Facebook groups. :) I'm watching one of those Bats wallets on eBay right now, I'm guessing it'll go way out of my budget. That's great that yours has held up so well - that's a big reason why I made the switch from Dooney to Harveys, they just seem so much more durable!

I did just grab one of these to use with my smaller purses...I'm trying to get Mr. A on board but I think it's all *too* Disney for him. Sigh!
I didn't watch the trials because I had some other stuff going on, but I watched a bit of the national championships a few weeks ago, and ... Simone Biles is insane. I can never get enough of watching her, she's amazing. I'm excited that Aly is going back, because I love her. I'm a little meh on Gabby, but she'll be a good asset to the team.
Simone is unbelievable. I am so excited to watch her in the Olympics! I loved Aly last time, I think because she reminds me a lot of myself in some ways (except, I'm, you know...not at all elite in ANYTHING!). I can't get a handle on Gabby. I am a fan but during trials she just looked MISERABLE. Like she totally did not want to be there. I watched this documentary on YouTube yesterday called "The Ranch" about how the gymnasts train up until trials and Gabby seemed way happier talking during that documentary than she did during trials. She did have a few falls, though...
And at some point I need to go find that 1996 Olympics on YouTube. I used to have the 2008 gymnastics finals on VHS ... I was in Florida for a wedding that weekend (the finals started on Thursday night and I had a mad early flight on Friday so I couldn't watch any of it), so my mom taped them for me. Not sure if I still have them ... we've since gotten a new TV and never bothered to hook up the VCR.
We had a VCR and it died. The 2008 Olympics are on YouTube, too! And the video quality is really good!
(warning: I'm about to go off on a short personal tangent)
Yeah. I have the same problem. For me, it's 2.5 miles. If I don't get to 2.5 miles on my 30 minute runs, I feel like I had a bad run, even if otherwise I felt great.
Exact same for me!
With the summer heat (and my refusal to not wear long sleeves), I've been slowing down a bit, and it took me a little while to learn to be okay with not reaching that distance. Sometimes I'm not okay with it. Sometimes I realize that I'm not going to make back it to the playground near my house before I hit 30 minutes, so I decide to just keep running until I reach the playground. Some days that's a good decision, some days it's a mistake. But I'm learning when I should and shouldn't make that decision, and I'm learning to be okay having to walk a little extra to get home, and that's what matters. I think that's one thing that not having any races on the horizon has given me - the opportunity to learn how to be okay with whatever happens on my run.
I know this doesn't help much, but ... you just have to find a way to be okay with it. Some days you'll make it to where you want to go. Some days you won't. Having a great run doesn't have to mean reaching your distance goal. It doesn't have to mean running at a certain pace. It doesn't have to mean being perfect. The only thing you really have to do to have a great run is go out there and give it your best shot. It's okay to go out there and have a goal. It's okay to say that you want to go a certain distance. You just also have to be okay with the knowledge that you may not reach your goal, or you may not know whether or not you've reached your goal. It's a lot harder than it sounds ... but once you learn to be okay with whatever happens, it makes even the worst runs a little easier to handle.
I think I'm starting to be okay with it - mostly I'm just trying to remind myself that all I have to do on a given day is run for X number of minutes at X effort. If I've done that, then it is a successful run. This week has been hard because we've been under a heat advisory, but overall I have been doing what I'm supposed to do, per the training plan, so I'm gonna pat myself on the back for that. :banana:

Having said that...I'm still not past occasionally looking at my distance and putting myself down a bit for not getting further. But I'm getting better about it!
Yay boot training! I'm glad it's going well for you!
I guess I need to start over next week! No boots this week!
Flight itinerary changes are the worst :( I'm glad it all got fixed, though ... always nice when things work out.
Yes, and even better than I wasn't charged for it!
Sorry to hear that your bag wasn't working out for you ... sometimes things just aren't as comfortable as they should be. But the new bag is awesome! (Although I have to admit ... I'm not a villains girl. But they make it work okay for the bag.)
Here's the other side of the Ursula bag! Better? :)
28373287042_b732d5f05d_z.jpg

Yay great run! Always nice when you have one of those. I'm guessing the mermaid outfit definitely contributed to the greatness of the run.
Oh, obviously. ::yes::
I hope you're having fun working from home! Do it long enough and you'll miss the office, but it's definitely always nice to change things up and have the opportunity to work in your PJs!
The change has been nice, for sure. I could get used to it! :)
I am behind on everything Disboards, but love reading all the updates!

So excited to hear your Marathon Weekend plans are shaping up :D
Me too! Man, I love trip planning. :)

Now onto planning for Princess. Boy are those flights pricey!!! :eek:
Seriously, it's insane! We happened to book a trip Jan 2-6 with friends not realizing it was butting up into the beginning of that weekend. It was kind of a nightmare trying to find a place - we all ended up wanting to stay together, so we booked a 2 bedroom without much difficulty, but the studios we were originally looking at were extremely limited!
Oh man, I get it was! I'm glad you guys were able to find something that worked out!!
This is why we went ahead and booked our Princess trip around the same time so we could take advantage of our 11-month window at the Polynesian. Still may switch resorts at the end of the month if we want to use less points, but we have a reservation.
That's good that you have a fall-back option - and that your fall-back is the Polynesian! Not too shabby. :)
Congratulations on the Princess registration! I'm so so excited for that weekend, and I know you must be! Glad that it was a relatively painless process with the deferral link, and even more exciting that the trip is with friends :)
Thanks!! You're gonna love it, it'll be so much fun!
Good luck with all the convention people this week - seems like a good plan to work from home, at least.
I'm SO glad I got to work from home. Not everyone who works where I do got that option, so...whew!
OMG youtube gymnastics! I was going down that rabbit hole while watching the trials as well. I love watching the clips from the 60's and then Olga days and then Nadia and MaryLou and Kim and Shannon and ahhhhhh
Too bad I've never been able to succesfully even master a cartwheel. I'm a complete spaz with anything gynmastics related.
I need to go back and find the Olga.NAdia/Mary Lou clips. I really want to find the 1992 Olympics and watch Shannon Miller since she won 5 medals - that'll be the next one I look for. :)
My kiddo is in "tumblebears" right now and wants so badly to go to big girl gymnastics. So I think we will try it.
Too bad she's going to be tall like me...it may be a short lived career!
I wanted SO BADLY to be good at gymnastics, so I know what you mean when you say your kiddo wants to do "big girl" gymnastics. I just...wasn't very good. I can't even use being tall as an excuse - I AM tall by gymnastics standards (the commentators were talking about Russian gymnastics Svetlana Khorkina like she was some giant, and she's exactly my height) but I just sucked. :rotfl2:
ahhhhhhhhhh puppppppy!!!!
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
Also I vote for letting your disney-freak-flag fly. Spread the joy and the crazy :)
Yeah, I mean...once I get there, there's no stopping me. Sorry, friends!! DISSSNNEEEEEEEYYYYYY
Fingers crossed for Dopey 2018!
I need my money tree to start producing. :eek:
Mmmmmm caramel apple!

SO... I've catching up to do!

First of all that Crow pose is INSANE.. I think if I tried it I'd be the star of my next exercise fail gif so I'm just not going to...

Speaking of yoga fails
f3a7ddf1eb78250e4951115e7d615ede.gif

Anyway...
:rotfl2: Like, whyyy is that cat doing that?! I can't even.
Oooh this is good news!! Haha I also have that fear!! WE'RE CRAZY!!!
YEP. Deal with it, people!! ::yes::
YES!! I love that you have boots training... Like I just don't understand how people walk around all the time in heels, boots are my compromise and even still you have to build up the time and distance you know?!
Seriously. I gave up on high heels because I didn't want to break an ankle - these boots have a wide enough heel that I can balance, but my ankles were still sore!!
I can't deal with this cuteness... can't deal...
:lovestruc
Oh nice!! I picked up this makeup bag the other day that I think you'll appreciate
m9TYAL8qP8Btmer41wBZHQw.jpg

It was like £6 - bargain!

Awesome!! The villains are so under appreciated. :sad2: And yeah, for that price, it's a steal!!
I LOVE working from home! It makes it so much easier to fit training runs or classes into the day!
Hope you're having a week! :D
Yes, it's been so nice to work from home! Maybe I can do this all the time?! :scratchin
Good job for being able to hold Crow for about 5 seconds! that is hard!
Thanks!! I haven't been able to do it since! :rotfl2:
Forearm stand is hard! When I've done it, I've been next to a wall which has helped my fear of getting into it. In fact, up until this week that was the only way I got into supported headstand too (at least since middle school when I took dance regularly)
Yes it is! I've done it against a wall/with a spotter only. I am way too afraid to try it myself! Good job on your headstand!!
Have you done tripod before?
Yes, that I CAN do. :thumbsup2
Hope you got the new yoga classes in this week!
So far I'm 2 for 3...that's not bad, right? :sad2:
I really need to get into my training for Wine & Dine...at least I'm keeping up with my yoga.
It's coming up...eeeek! Yoga will help though. ::yes:: I'm sure it's tough for you to get out and run in that Florida summer heat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter