a nice story

goodvibrations

Earning My Ears
a client of mine in his 70's who now lives in washington state grew up by where disneyland now stands and has original photos he took in the 50's of the acreage before and during disneyland construction, including the matterhorn under construction. he contacted disney for the 50th anniversary to see if they wanted to use the photos but the person he spoke to didn't understand and thought he was looking to buy photos. so he still has them.

i thought that alone was pretty neat but then it got really amazing:wizard:

it turns out his father is from marceline missouri and his aunts attended high school with walt disney!

Cool story, thanks!

Where in Portland are you? I am in Gresham.

Very cool I know I would love to see those pics!!!

There sure are alot of us Pacific Northwesterner's here I am in Kelso, Wa about 45 mins north of the Portland area ....... How did you both fair in those awful thunder storms they pretty much missed us except for some really loud thunder and a couple of lightening strikes but we got some trees down around town but thats it!!!! Was crazy there for awhile though!!!!

A lot of wind, some rain and pretty close lightening but it came and went fairly quickly.

There sure are alot of us Pacific Northwesterner's here I am in Kelso, Wa about 45 mins north of the Portland area ....... How did you both fair in those awful thunder storms they pretty much missed us except for some really loud thunder and a couple of lightening strikes but we got some trees down around town but thats it!!!! Was crazy there for awhile though!!!!

My parents are from Longview! My dad went to Mark Morris and my mom went to RA Long. I used to head up there every summer to visit my grandparents in Castle Rock before they died a few years ago.

Cool how old are your parents(I went to Cascade Middle school before moving to Kelso)? It really is a small world isn't it!

a client of mine in his 70's who now lives in washington state grew up by where disneyland now stands and has original photos he took in the 50's of the acreage before and during disneyland construction, including the matterhorn under construction. he contacted disney for the 50th anniversary to see if they wanted to use the photos but the person he spoke to didn't understand and thought he was looking to buy photos. so he still has them.

i thought that alone was pretty neat but then it got really amazing:wizard:

it turns out his father is from marceline missouri and his aunts attended high school with walt disney!

This is a fabulous story, I do hope that Disney will take the photos. Maybe he should write a letter.

Great story. Years ago a place I worked at,we had a customer come in and his last name was Disney. Of course I had to ask if he any relation? He said yes,"two cousins short of the money".
He wasn't hurting though,driving a brand new Suburban.

Wow, hi almost neighbor! I'm in the Centralia area, so about another 40 miles on north.

My parents are from Longview! My dad went to Mark Morris and my mom went to RA Long. I used to head up there every summer to visit my grandparents in Castle Rock before they died a few years ago.

....and more "small world" stuff...I actually lived in Vader for a few years during High school, which isn't too far from Castle Rock, and since Vader is essentially a ghost town I'd head to Castle Rock for pizza out and such. (lol...if you knew Castle Rock you'd realize it's tiny)

i'm over in SW by tigard..last night was wild lots of rain wind lightning and thunder

he still has the pic's and is maybe thinking about selling them on e-bay possibly....

Maybe you could talk him into calling the D23 people. Seems they'd be perfect for the magazine! Or sharing them here :)!

My husband grew up in Tigard, and we lived together in Alhoa for about 6 years, although I was going to school "on the hill" so spent lots of time in Portland proper. (Have I derailed this thread enough yet!?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter