A Newlywed's Very Merry PTR! December 2013 Complete!

I'm getting so excited!! We can say NEXT MONTH! I missed your last couple of updates. I heard the dessert party bookings were released. Did you get a spot? I am still thinking about MVMCP. I might see if my mom can watch the boys and just go with DH and some friends we have in the area. Not too sure if I want to spend the extra money though. I love the outfts for your nephew!
I haven't called again yet. She told me it'd be more like November but it sounds like that's not true. Don't know why I'm not surprised. I just called a cast member asking about the construction at the Poly and he said all construction would be done by October 14th. Haha, yeah right... MVMCP is SO worth it! I have attended twice and it's been the favorite part of my trip both times! The cookies are soo good too! I'm currently on my lunch break. Maybe I'll try calling about the Dessert Party!

EDIT:
Just called. They are COMPLETELY booked for the time I'm there. :( Oh well. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll keep checking back but it looks like they released the dates the day after I called. Talk about bad luck!

Your trip is coming up so fast!! I start packing insanely early too, so I understand lol Cute outfits for Pippin, I love them!

Your trip is coming up so fast!! I start packing insanely early too, so I understand lol Cute outfits for Pippin, I love them!

Omg, I love his outfits! Only $14.00 for both so I thought it was a good buy! They're even cuter in person and now I'm not worried that they'll fit him. There's plenty of room for him!

I can't believe it's coming up so fast! It hit me today that after the weekend we will be in the 40's! Wowza! Before you know it, your trip with your little princess will be here!! :D

Omg, I love his outfits! Only $14.00 for both so I thought it was a good buy! They're even cuter in person and now I'm not worried that they'll fit him. There's plenty of room for him!

I can't believe it's coming up so fast! It hit me today that after the weekend we will be in the 40's! Wowza! Before you know it, your trip with your little princess will be here!! :D

Wow, that is a great price!! I'm glad that he's got lots of growing room too. :goodvibes

Hey everyone!

Just paid off the remainder of my trip yesterday. Man, that feels good. We are also just 43 days away! I take leave from work in 39 days though! What's really exciting is that I was able to customize MAGIC BANDS! :cool1:

Now, I'm still a little weary of having to plan out fastpasses ahead of time because I think I read at some point they are doing away with the fastpass machines and making you use the fastpass+ system. Anyway, I already have a couple of fastpasses scheduled. You can do three fastpasses at one park only per day. So, let's say I'm going to be at both MK and AK in one day. I can only choose fastpasses for one of those parks. I think that's how I understand it. Luckily, while we are there the fastpass machines will still be up and working so I'll get the benefits of prescheduled fastpasses and fastpass+!

Here's a picture of what our Magic Bands are going to look like!

They're shipping soon!! I actually customized these last night after midnight because I was messing around the website and thought I'd check again to see if we were selected for Fastpass+. I was so excited when I saw them there! What's funny is because of how our reservations are set up we actually will be getting THREE sets of Magic Bands... That should be fun to keep track of. :lmao: Though, Devan has decided he wants three different colors, red, blue, and orange. Since the blue one seems to be the go-to example on on the website, I'll show you the orange one he's getting as well!

I'm considering adding the green one to my mix. Green is my favorite color, after all! Here's what it would look like.

So, other than that, time is just dwindling down! We are so close it's insane! Before we know it, it'll be time to go! I did celebrate by getting a new Samsonite suitcase since there was a 50% off sale. I absolutely love it!

Nothing like buying new luggage to get you fired up for a trip!

Not much is new on the homefront! My nephew, who is just shy of 7 months old (tomorrow will be his 7 month birthday) is already learning to walk. He'll be walking by the time we go to Disney, I'm sure of it. He's going to be so much fun at Disney. I seriously can't wait! :woohoo:

Anyway, I'm really needing to get up and dressed for breakfast with my family, so I'd better get going! I'll be trying to work out fastpass+ today when I get back and I'll try to post an update with our new "schedule" including those when I get done.

Hope everyone's doing well! Have a magical day!! :wizard:

Hello all! Second update in one day! I guess that's what happens when my Chiefs don't play until 3:25 P.M. :rotfl:

After doing the fastpass+ selections, I'm a little bit stressed about it. I mean... I'm all for planning ahead of time. However, I have grown to like going with the flow there as well. I like not knowing exactly what we're going to do. I like making ADRs because it helps me spend more time in the parks instead of waiting on a table to open up. Making my fastpass selections this early just doesn't seem right. Still not sure how I'll feel about it. :confused3

It's nice to already have fastpasses ahead of time and I can always cancel them when we get there if our plans change, but man. I just don't know.

I'm still not a huge fan of our last day there. We're ending at HS for Fantasmic. I've made it a tradition to where I always end my vacations at MK. I still may just have to do that and tell my family "Later!" lol. MK is my favorite and it always has been. Just doesn't seem right to not end my vacation there while watching Wishes. Though, we might be doing that because a MVMCP is taking place that day. I bet that's why. That makes me feel better then. Though... it's still really difficult planning those fastpasses for the last day. :sad: Made me sad just doing so!

Anyway, here is what we have for our schedule. I'm sure some things will change, in fact I'm almost 100% sure, but they're more like guidelines anyway. ::yes:: POTC reference, anyone?

Monday, December 2-Arrival Day!!
Parks: DTD, MK (EMH until 11 PM)
ADRs: No ADRs currently.
FastPass+ Selections:
  • Space Mountain 3:45 - 4:45 PM
  • BTMR 5:45 - 6:45 PM
  • Splash Mountain 6:45 - 7:45 PM

Tuesday, December 3
We move from All Star Movies to the Poly! We'll be at the Poly for the rest of our stay!!
We have the KTTK Tour at 8:30 A.M.
Parks: Obviously MK for the KTTK Tour, then HS
ADRs: The Hollywood Brown Derby at 5:05 P.M.
We could always do Fantasmic this day at 6:45 P.M. but with dinner we would probably be cutting it pretty short and I'm sure my family would want to see Fantasmic as well.
FastPass+ Selections:
  • RnRc 2:40 - 3:40 PM
  • ToT 3:55 - 4:55 PM
  • TSMM 5:40 - 6:40 PM

Wednesday, December 4
My family will arrive this evening!
Start at AK (EMH, opens at 8:00 A.M.)
End at Epcot or DTD
ADRs: Rainforest Cafe AK at 12:15 P.M.
'Ohana at 8:20 P.M.
FastPass+ Selections:
  • EE 9:05 - 10:05 AM
  • FOTLK 10:05 - 10:25 AM
  • DINOSAUR 11:05 - 12:05 PM

Thursday, December 5th
We can go wherever we want this morning. We have the MVMCP this night and admission starts at 4 P.M.
The other parks hours are as follows:
MK 8-7 (Doubt we'll start here as we'll be spending all evening here)
Epcot 9-9:30
HS 9-8
AK 9-5
ADRs: Kona Cafe at 1:20 PM with the entire family. I figure this will be a good way to get an ADR in. It allows us to have a late lunch at the resort and it allows us to rest before MVMCP (which I just found out my older sister has never experienced. OMG, so excited!)
FastPass+ Selections:
  • Mission Space 9:00 - 10:00 AM
  • Soarin' 10:40 - 11:40 AM
  • Test Track 12:05 - 1:05 PM

Friday, December 6th
Parks: Start at HS, end at Epcot (EMH until 11:30 P.M.)
ADRs: Garden Grill at 6:15 P.M.
FastPass+ Selections:
  • RnRc 9:00 - 10:00 AM
  • ToT 10:45 - 11:45 AM
  • TSMM 12:15 - 1:15 PM

Saturday, December 7th
This is another free day.
The park hours are as follows:
MK 9-10
Epcot 9-9:30
HS 8-8
AK 9-5
ADRs: Currently Kona Cafe at 9:00 AM with the entire family. We'll see if this doesn't get changed.
FastPass+ Selections:
  • Space Mountain 4:25 - 5:25 PM
  • BTMR 6:25 - 7:25 PM
  • Splash Mountain 7:25 - 8:25 PM

Sunday, December 8th-Last Full Day
Parks: Start at MK, end at HS
ADRs: None Currently.
Fantasmic at 6:45 P.M.!!
FastPass+ Selections:
  • TSMM 3:00 - 4:00 PM
  • RcRc 4:40 - 5:40 PM
  • Fantasmic 5:55 - 6:15 PM

Monday, December 9th-Departure Day
We have an early flight out that gets us home around noon. I figure since we have to work the next day we might as well get home and get settled back into our routines.

SO, that's our plans as of now. Like I said, I'm sure they will change. I just thought I'd post them since we already have fastpasses now. Let me know what you think!

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!

Hello! I planned some of my FP+ too. I kinda have the same feelings as you about it. But the more I think about it the more I like it. I mean, I enjoy knowing I don't have to rush to DHS for RD because I already have the FP I want for TSM and ToT. Feels good! Plus, they all fit nicely around my ADRs.

You are going to have a pretty early morning your 1st full day. Will you be checking out of All Stars before heading to MK? KTTK takes until 1:30ish right? Also, this day we have an early ADR in MK so I might run into you before the park opens!

Congrats on customizing your MBs and paying off your trip! December is coming up so fast :goodvibes Your plans look great and I can't wait to read all about it.

Hello! I planned some of my FP+ too. I kinda have the same feelings as you about it. But the more I think about it the more I like it. I mean, I enjoy knowing I don't have to rush to DHS for RD because I already have the FP I want for TSM and ToT. Feels good! Plus, they all fit nicely around my ADRs.

You are going to have a pretty early morning your 1st full day. Will you be checking out of All Stars before heading to MK? KTTK takes until 1:30ish right? Also, this day we have an early ADR in MK so I might run into you before the park opens!

Yeah, I agree. I will really like not having to run from park to park to get a fastpass. THe only thing is, with us traveling with my family who doesn't have fastpass+, it could make things more awkward. Though, now that I think of it, we can just get more fastpasses from the machines, unless having the magic bands causes the machines to work differently with fastpass distribution limit-wise. Who knows! Guess that's part of the fun with being the test group.

Wow, that is a great price!! I'm glad that he's got lots of growing room too. :goodvibes Congrats on customizing your MBs and paying off your trip! December is coming up so fast :goodvibes Your plans look great and I can't wait to read all about it.

Yeah, everything is really coming up fast! Can't believe we're so close! Pip is growing so fast and already learning to walk! He's just over 7 months! I bet by the time we go to Disney, when he's just over 8 months he'll be walking, no joke. That kid has done everything early except for arrive! LOL.

34 DAYS!

Sorry... Was that too much? :rotfl:

Yes! We are just 34 days away and guess what arrived in the mail today?

YAY!! When that comes you know you're getting close! Our Magic Bands will be shipped next week! The luggage tags are pretty cool! However, we didn't receive any of the ME tags, so I'll have to call and see why we didn't receive any because we are taking the ME and I'd like to not have to worry about my luggage.

So, yay for the trip getting closer! It will be here before we know it! I'll be off work 29 days and I know that will fly by because we are really busy at work right now.

As for a small life update, things are going really well. DH started his new job about a month ago and he's really liking it! It's nice because he gets 40+ hours every week and he's never had a job where he's guaranteed 40 hours. It's so nice to have that peace of mind. Being in the labor field, you get work when there's work and if work is slow, you're laid off. He's lucky this company seems to really care about their employees. We are very blessed. :goodvibes

I was lucky and got to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend. We celebrated my dad's birthday as a family and then my mom and I went to the Chiefs game on Sunday where we advanced to 8-0! WOO!

Ellie celebrated by showing off her touchdown dance!

Gotta love Chiefs football.

I've got my pumpkins carved out for Halloween. I haven't carved them yet and hope to tomorrow since I'll be swamped at work Wednesday and will probably just want to come home and relax. Recognize who it is?

Sorcerer Mickey!!!

DH, being the adorable hubby he is, took me on a surprise trip to this place:

I didn't even know we had one here! It's brand new! I'm not going to lie... They had the cutest baby clothes and I was ALL over that. Luckily, DH is a good sport. :rotfl:

Also, not sure if I shared this with you all, but DH was again being super sweet and purchased me this!

I have been wanting this ornament ever since I first saw it and it's been sold out in every Hallmark store I've been to. I cannot begin to describe how amazing it is in person! I can't find the video I took but if I do I'll post it on here. It's magical! pixiedust: Best ornament I've ever seen.

I haven't shared pictures of the girls in awhile, so here they are! Just being adorable!

Ellie likes wearing my clothes and being dressed up (weirdo, I know) so we entertained her and you can just see her enjoyment.

I love this one. She wore this when we took her out to play some football in the backyard. :)

Here are the girls being lovey and I just love when they lay on each other. It's so sweet to see two dogs who were complete strangers, both dumped on the side of the road, become best friends and love each other unconditionally. :lovestruc

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for stopping by! :wave2:

Joining in very late! I started reading and catching up awhile ago, but I guess I never commented.

Anyhow...
It has been really fun catching up on your PTR. Little Pippin so precious, it must be such a special feeling becoming an aunt. :goodvibes My jaw dropped when I read he is almost walking! That's just awesome, my little guy is content to roll everywhere he wants to go right now. :rotfl:

How darling is Ellie? Ugh, I am just in love, what a sweetie. All your pets are cuties, but her dressed up is just too much. :lovestruc

Woohoo on the Mickey Mail. This is my first time seeing those luggage tags, and I REALLY like the design.

All your plans look fantastic. I will be reading along during the next month!

Joining in very late! I started reading and catching up awhile ago, but I guess I never commented. Anyhow... It has been really fun catching up on your PTR. Little Pippin so precious, it must be such a special feeling becoming an aunt. :goodvibes My jaw dropped when I read he is almost walking! That's just awesome, my little guy is content to roll everywhere he wants to go right now. :rotfl: How darling is Ellie? Ugh, I am just in love, what a sweetie. All your pets are cuties, but her dressed up is just too much. :lovestruc Woohoo on the Mickey Mail. This is my first time seeing those luggage tags, and I REALLY like the design. All your plans look fantastic. I will be reading along during the next month!

Hi! Thanks for joining in! Lurking is fun, but I love conversing with people who comment so thanks!!
Ellie is very much a sweetheart. She is such a mama's girl whereas Laila is definitely a daddy's girl. Ellie's obsession with clothing started with her collar, no joke. She never wanted us to take it off. Not sure if that's because she'd never had one before as a stray puppy or what, but it all started with that. :)

I love being an aunt! I had a lot of practice with my husband's nieces and nephews, but there's something different about it when it's your own blood. Plus, it's amazing seeing my parents take on the role of grandparents. It's so sweet! I can't believe he's almost walking freely! He's not even 8 months, has a mouth full of teeth, and is walking with the help of toys. Amazing little guy he is.

I love Mickey Mail! I have been getting Mickey emails as well!! I was just told my Magic Bands had shipped (my first set anyway) and part of my Magical Express arrived in the mail the other day. Can't believe we're only 26 days away! I started this PTR forever ago!

Hey everyone!

It's hard to believe I started this PTR over a year ago... November 26th, 2012. It seemed like this trip was taking FOREVER to get here but now that the days are dwindling down the trip seems to be coming faster than even I've realized! We are a mere 25 days away! :cool1:

Today, I received TWO special packages in the mail. Can you guess what they were?

That's right! Our Magic Bands! Two sets of them have arrived and we should be having a third set arrive within a week or so, I'd imagine. I sure wish all of our room reservations could be on the same Magic Band but oh well. I've already written on the boxes to distinguish which bands go to which room reservation!

Here's a better look at our Magic Bands! Our names are also imprinted on the inside of the Magic Band.

They feel a little awkward on as if they need to be broken in. (Yes, that is a Disney mug in the background. Good eye! ;) )

They have now been added to my growing pile of "pre-packing" items.

My "Pre-Packing" Items Include: :laundy:
  • Our Group's MVMCP Tickets (I was in charge of purchasing these for my whole family)
  • Our Magic Bands
  • Pippin's Outfits I bought him!
  • Our Camcorder
  • Our ME Arrival Tags
  • Our Disney Luggage Tags
  • Febreeze Spray (yes... this is a VERY good thing to have)
  • Toothpaste
  • Face Cleaning Wipes

So, I've got a great head start on packing! Woo! :cool1:

I'm very excited because between now and then time is going to FLY! Soon, my sisters, my mom, and I will be taking our annual trip to Crown Center. It's a beautiful shopping center here that we go Christmas shopping at. It's tradition! We always take silly pictures in front of the Victoria's Secret store much to the embarrassment of my mother. :laughing: Not to mention, I'm off work at 5 P.M. the night before Thanksgiving until I get back from Disney! SO excited.

Here are some pictures from the Homestead!

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween! Here are the finished products of my pumpkins!

And because we don't see pictures of these guys that often... Jake and Annabelle!

The kitties were excited about the Magic Bands, too, because it gave them a new box to play in.

"Thanks for the new box, Mom!"

Of course, I can't leave you without cute pictures of the girls! :lovestruc

I've told you all before how much Laila is a Daddy's Girl. I think this is enough evidence of that. :love:

Ellie felt like being super proper and eloquent. (Yes, that is a Rapunzel painting in the background and the matching Mug to the initial one you noticed. Don't pretend you didn't notice the Mickey snuggie. Again, GREAT eye! ;) Lol.)

So, I hope you guys have a great rest of your week! Here's a smile for the road!

Almost time, Almost time!!

So freakin excited!!

I have 3 sets of MB too and I have NO room to pack them. I think I might have to put them in plastic baggies. Annoying! And how the heck much is Disney spending on shipping these things to all resort guests? Overnight UPS? Hello expensive!

Have fun packing!

Almost time, Almost time!! So freakin excited!! I have 3 sets of MB too and I have NO room to pack them. I think I might have to put them in plastic baggies. Annoying! And how the heck much is Disney spending on shipping these things to all resort guests? Overnight UPS? Hello expensive! Have fun packing!

It's funny you say that! I was thinking the same thing! I'm wondering if the Magic Bands are going to save them costs considering they ship them UPS overnight, plus the cost of making them. Can it be more than the current fast pass system and room keys? Maybe...

We are so close! Ah! Cannot wait! I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to fit everything in my suitcase. I saw my pre-packing stuff and it already looks like a lot! Eep!

You are so close to your trip!! I started my PTR early too and at the beginning it feels like your trip is never going to come, but time goes by so quickly and it is here before you know it.

What a pain having 3 sets of Magic Bands... I thought the whole point of this was to have everything in one place lol Hopefully they will change this when they have it fully rolled out.

I love your Mickey pumpkin!

Your dogs are so cute, I love how they pose for you :)

You are so close to your trip!! I started my PTR early too and at the beginning it feels like your trip is never going to come, but time goes by so quickly and it is here before you know it.

What a pain having 3 sets of Magic Bands... I thought the whole point of this was to have everything in one place lol Hopefully they will change this when they have it fully rolled out.

I love your Mickey pumpkin!

Your dogs are so cute, I love how they pose for you :)

I can't believe we're so close! You'll be especially busy with your little one on the way!

Yeah, the three sets of Magic Bands seems a bit extreme. I was hoping we could put all our room reservations on one band, but they are still in testing phase so maybe they'll change that sometime in the near future.

Thanks! I knew I had to do a Mickey pumpkin this year! It was so much fun!

Thanks! My girls know that the faster they let me take a picture, the faster they can go about their business! Lol. :rotfl:

Good morning everyone!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
2E3A2E8E-8C22-4CA0-B434-EAB379AC8B1C-234-0000000FC40B0AB9_zps40e12b82.jpg
[/URL]

So excited!!! I'm technically on vacation Wednesday and that can't come fast enough! I've been feeling kind of weird the past few days so hopefully that figures itself out here in the few days!

We are all decorated for Christmas here! Yes, I'll still celebrate Thanksgiving, I just like Christmas decor. Makes me feel happy!

F4B1828F-13F4-439F-A5A5-F6696F2BA545-234-0000000FDAB788BF_zps1017833a.jpg
[/URL]

The girls are also in the Christmas spirit! (Or they were forced into it... Lol).

CC30DB53-5E23-435C-89FA-65FCEFC1D650-234-0000000FE8152BDF_zps30cb447b.jpg
[/URL]

Hope everyone is doing great! For those reading this that are going the same time as me... WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!!

(I did this entire post from my phone so if the pictures don't show up, I'll fix them when I get home. Sitting at the License bureau so DH can get his CDL permit! Proud of him!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter