• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Mother-Daughter Sea/Land August Trip - UPDATE! CHANGES??? (2/24)

They have the sleeveless Aurora on the Disneystore site now, I hope they still have it closer to Easter. That's too bad about the Rapunzel wedding dress! I wouldn't want to know what it's going for on Ebay.

I would totally do it. Let me make Maddie's to make sure that it'll turn out ok, but I'd be happy to! I bet Maddie and Willow are probably the exact same size, so it would be really easy for me to fit it too! I think it would be awesome for the 'Ohana breakfast, and maybe for the cruise too! I was thinking a gathered top, maybe a little ruffle at the bottom to make it a little more special than the one in the movie, but I might nix the ruffle.:upsidedow

(Maddie is a 5-6, 7s are too big still, is Willow the same?)
I'm going to go check the Disney Store online as soon as I finish my taxes! :woohoo:

You are amazing! That sounds incredible! Willow will love it, and it would be fantastic for the cruise too. WOW!!!! And, yes, sounds like they are pretty much exactly the same size. :thumbsup2

I'm going to go check the Disney Store online as soon as I finish my taxes! :woohoo:

You are amazing! That sounds incredible! Willow will love it, and it would be fantastic for the cruise too. WOW!!!! And, yes, sounds like they are pretty much exactly the same size. :thumbsup2

I'm doing our taxes right now too! Great minds...

No problem! It would be fun to do, and I'd love to see pics of Willow/Lilo with Stitch from 'Ohana breakfast. Yay! Once I get a few projects done I'll hit the fabric store and start on them! How fun!

I'm doing our taxes right now too! Great minds...

No problem! It would be fun to do, and I'd love to see pics of Willow/Lilo with Stitch from 'Ohana breakfast. Yay! Once I get a few projects done I'll hit the fabric store and start on them! How fun!

So, I finished my taxes, and I now have about $400 worth of stuff in my Disney Store cart. :rotfl2: I will definitely need to trim that down! But did you see the new headband-style tiaras???? I think Willow would really like those, so I may have to buy one or two or ALL OF THEM. :scared:

Oh my goodness! I am so excited to see your next creations - especially the Lilo dress! :cheer2:

Gonna post my autograph pages made to date in just a sec here.

So, I finished my taxes, and I now have about $400 worth of stuff in my Disney Store cart. :rotfl2: I will definitely need to trim that down! But did you see the new headband-style tiaras???? I think Willow would really like those, so I may have to buy one or two or ALL OF THEM. :scared:

Oh my goodness! I am so excited to see your next creations - especially the Lilo dress! :cheer2:

Gonna post my autograph pages made to date in just a sec here.

I'm on pause from the taxes b/c Bryan threw away a 1099-R from his last job and just printed me the normal printout. :headache:

I have seen those tiaras! They look so much easier to wear than the other ones.

I have over $500 worth of stuff favorited on DisneyStore. I may have to scale back as well. Did you see the new spring dresses? They look a little young for Maddie and Willow, but they are soooooo cute. I may have to get at least one (as well as a swim suit or two, some pjs for me, some princess gowns and tiaras,a Tshirt for me, ect) :rotfl2: I guess what I'm saying is I feel your pain

I'm on pause from the taxes b/c Bryan threw away a 1099-R from his last job and just printed me the normal printout. :headache:

I have seen those tiaras! They look so much easier to wear than the other ones.

I have over $500 worth of stuff favorited on DisneyStore. I may have to scale back as well. Did you see the new spring dresses? They look a little young for Maddie and Willow, but they are soooooo cute. I may have to get at least one (as well as a swim suit or two, some pjs for me, some princess gowns and tiaras,a Tshirt for me, ect) :rotfl2: I guess what I'm saying is I feel your pain
:rotfl2: Is it wrong that it makes me happy that you are as bad as I am??? :rotfl2:

I have NOT seen the dresses yet! I was focused on t-shirts, because Willow always needs new ones of those. And I want some new jammies for me too. And if I lose as much weight as I plan by our trip, I will be buying a few shirts, etc. for myself as well! :woohoo:

Okay - for anyone who is interested, my new obsession is working on a custom autograph book for our next trip. :woohoo: When I first started, I didn't realize that Willow would be on a character quest like never before - which is saying something given how many characters we have met on our last couple of trips! :scared1: As it stands, I don't really know whether 6 months will be enough time to finish the project as I need many pages for each character, but I'm giving it the ol' college try as they say. :thumbsup2

Here are some pics. I have been focused on Mickey and Pluto to date (remember - Willow has a goal of meeting Pluto ELEVEN TIMES :rolleyes:). The page on the left is where I will add the picture we take with the character, and the white block on the page on the right is for a signature.

b30b9293-ba59-45c2-ac15-885e61275f04_zps4852bf6c.jpg

file_zps6d8416d3.jpg

file_zpsae31db53.jpg

file_zps47c83d01.jpg

file_zps54771bac.jpg

file_zpsa61805ff.jpg

file_zps59d9323b.jpg

file_zpsf134650b.jpg

And today I made my first Minnie page!
file_zps93f123af.jpg

I hope you like them. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Is it wrong that it makes me happy that you are as bad as I am??? :rotfl2:

I have NOT seen the dresses yet! I was focused on t-shirts, because Willow always needs new ones of those. And I want some new jammies for me too. And if I lose as much weight as I plan by our trip, I will be buying a few shirts, etc. for myself as well! :woohoo:

Not at all! It makes me feel better that you do the same thing! :lmao:

25% off friends and family discount plus free shipping on orders over $75 through Monday! :scratchin

Check out the dresses! I have the Minnie one and the Rapunzel one favorited!

Yay! I hope that you'll treat yourself! I have my eye on a gray vintage Mickey t and a sparkly Minnie one for myself. The only thing giving me pause is that I'd really only wear them in the parks. If we're going to go every year, they'd get plenty of wear though right?;)

The autograph book pages are looking AWESOME! You're doing a great job!

You girls are making me want a Cricut too :rotfl:

Hi there, Roni!:wave:

Ok...those are simply adorable. Seriously!! Can I steal your idea??!! Because I make 1000s of pictures, I obviously can't put all of those in a scrapbook. However, your idea is perfect....character scrapbooks from all of our trips. One for each kid, of course. Where are you getting the Disney scrapbook material?? Did you order it? I've never attempted to look for any, so I have no clue where to find it. Maybe this can be a summer project for me :scratchin

Great job!!
Heather

Not at all! It makes me feel better that you do the same thing! :lmao:

25% off friends and family discount plus free shipping on orders over $75 through Monday! :scratchin

Check out the dresses! I have the Minnie one and the Rapunzel one favorited!

Yay! I hope that you'll treat yourself! I have my eye on a gray vintage Mickey t and a sparkly Minnie one for myself. The only thing giving me pause is that I'd really only wear them in the parks. If we're going to go every year, they'd get plenty of wear though right?;)
:scared1: I may have to actually get my cart under control and place my order!

Yeah, I always have that issue with the stuff that I think would be cute for me - I'm not really going to wear it anywhere but the parks. I guess maybe around the house or something? :confused3

The autograph book pages are looking AWESOME! You're doing a great job!

You girls are making me want a Cricut too :rotfl:
Thanks! :woohoo:

Hi there, Roni!:wave:

Ok...those are simply adorable. Seriously!! Can I steal your idea??!! Because I make 1000s of pictures, I obviously can't put all of those in a scrapbook. However, your idea is perfect....character scrapbooks from all of our trips. One for each kid, of course. Where are you getting the Disney scrapbook material?? Did you order it? I've never attempted to look for any, so I have no clue where to find it. Maybe this can be a summer project for me :scratchin

Great job!!
Heather
Hi Heather! Good to see you back!!!

Thanks so much! Steal away!!! I have found Disney scrapbooking paper at Joanne's and on Amazon - Amazon is usually cheaper but not always. All the little cut-out characters and decorations were made with the Cricut. I advise avoiding that, or you could become a crazy, obsessed freak like me and spend all your spare time cutting out tiny bits of paper and gluing them together to form Disney characters. :faint:

Catching up....yet again. :rotfl:

First of all......I really love that y'all celebrate your "Family Day"! How very special! :goodvibes

Your ADRs look great! I do think y'all (well, at least Willow :rotfl2:) will enjoy breakfast at 'Ohana!

And the autograph pages are looking awesome!! You're reminding me how far behind I am in scrapbooking! :lmao:

Catching up....yet again. :rotfl:

First of all......I really love that y'all celebrate your "Family Day"! How very special! :goodvibes

Your ADRs look great! I do think y'all (well, at least Willow :rotfl2:) will enjoy breakfast at 'Ohana!

And the autograph pages are looking awesome!! You're reminding me how far behind I am in scrapbooking! :lmao:
:wave: Glad to see you! :laughing:

Thanks - as you know, autograph pages have taken over my life!!!! :rotfl2:

Time for another update! Because everything dining has changed again! :woohoo:

So last week, I was sitting there contemplating our dining and the fact that we would be using the dining plan for the first time ever (only because this is the first time that I could actually see it being worthwhile financially given all of our character meals). For some reason, I felt an urge to take a quick look and just see how much more deluxe dining costs as compared to regular.

Hmm, it wasn’t nearly as much of a price difference as I thought.

Hmm, I am already going to have to spend some money out of pocket with regular dining.

Hmm, if we had the Deluxe plan, I could add more character meals! :idea:

If we had the Deluxe plan, I could actually add some meals I would really enjoy! :idea:

And if we had the Deluxe plan, I would not have to spend anything OOP. :idea:

And if we had the Deluxe plan, we would likely have snack credits left over to get some things to have in our stateroom for the cruise (like gluten-free Baby Cakes goodies)! :idea:

And a certain DIS'er was doing a VERY good job of convincing me that all of these great justifications were totally spot on! ;)

So, yeah, we are going to go Deluxe! :woohoo: Which means that I have changed all of our ADRs. You know, the ones I just posted last week? :rotfl2:

So here is the new line-up. It is not set in stone, and I am contemplating some changes that I would love to run by you after I fill you in on what we currently have. :thumbsup2

Friday Night (Arrival Night) - Boatwright’s for dinner (we are going to LOVE having a sit-down dinner after a long travel day - I would never have done this without the Deluxe Plan!)

Saturday - CRT for lunch and Yachtsman for dinner. :woohoo:

Sunday - HBD for lunch and Garden Grill for dinner

Monday - Akershus breakfast and Flying Fish dinner

Tuesday - Tusker House breakfast and Chef Mickey’s dinner

Wednesday - ‘Ohana breakfast, LTT lunch, and BoG dinner

Thursday - H&V breakfast and Jiko dinner

Friday - Cape May Cafe breakfast and 1900 Park Fare dinner

Now that is a whole lotta buffets for someone who doesn’t really like buffets, but the character time should be great, and Willow will LOVE the buffets. And they are offset by some lovely signature dining. :lovestruc

Here’s the conundrum. HBD is still in there for lunch on Sunday. I have this ADR because I LOVE the cobb salad there and the champagne flight. I really don’t have any interest in spending two credits on a full three-course meal there. So what do I do? Just cancel HBD for this trip and use those two credits to add a lunch on Sunday in its place and then add another lunch on Tuesday or Thursday? Or keep HBD and just pay OOP for the salad and then use the credits to add lunch on Tuesday and Thursday?

HELP ME! :rotfl2:

Hmmm....that is indeed a conundrum.

I think I would cancel HBD. Put another lunch in that spot. If y'all plan on seeing Fantasmic, maybe you could book the F! package for lunch at Mama Melrose. If not, maybe 50s PrimeTime or Sci-Fi.

As for the other credit, you could maybe add a breakfast on the Sunday. Does Boatwright's have breakfast? If not, what about Kouzzina's? I hear a lot of good about it & it's at Boardwalk so it would be close to DHS. OR you could change either Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's to another signature dinner. I know that would be 1 less character meal so that may not be an option. But, just wanted to throw that out there.

You know my family is all about eating!! :laughing: So I think the DxDP is the way to go. Obviously it still cost money....however...it's nice to have everything paid for in advance. And if you like signature restaurants, it can save you money. Awesome plans!!! Your choices look wonderful and fun for Willow.

:rotfl: I am an excellent DxDP enabler.

If you really don't want to eat the 3 course meal at HBD, you could totally pay OOP.

You could add one more lunch and use the last credit for breakfast on checkout day before you head for the cruise. I know that Boatwrights does breakfast, and so does WP at DTD.

Otherwise, on you AK day you could try Y&Y. Or you could add a lunch on your Epcot day and choose any number of places! Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, San Angel, Chefs de France, I could go on and on and on :lmao:

It wouldn't hurt to add a lunch for you after you've done a buffet breakfast since you likely won't enjoy that much :rotfl:

On the other hand, if there's no where else you really want to eat you could just keep HBD (it's part of the F! package) and take the 'loss' by not really taking advantage of the meal.

This is a tough one!

Hmmm....that is indeed a conundrum.

I think I would cancel HBD. Put another lunch in that spot. If y'all plan on seeing Fantasmic, maybe you could book the F! package for lunch at Mama Melrose. If not, maybe 50s PrimeTime or Sci-Fi.

As for the other credit, you could maybe add a breakfast on the Sunday. Does Boatwright's have breakfast? If not, what about Kouzzina's? I hear a lot of good about it & it's at Boardwalk so it would be close to DHS. OR you could change either Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's to another signature dinner. I know that would be 1 less character meal so that may not be an option. But, just wanted to throw that out there.

You know my family is all about eating!! :laughing: So I think the DxDP is the way to go. Obviously it still cost money....however...it's nice to have everything paid for in advance. And if you like signature restaurants, it can save you money. Awesome plans!!! Your choices look wonderful and fun for Willow.

:rotfl: I am an excellent DxDP enabler.

If you really don't want to eat the 3 course meal at HBD, you could totally pay OOP.

You could add one more lunch and use the last credit for breakfast on checkout day before you head for the cruise. I know that Boatwrights does breakfast, and so does WP at DTD.

Otherwise, on you AK day you could try Y&Y. Or you could add a lunch on your Epcot day and choose any number of places! Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, San Angel, Chefs de France, I could go on and on and on :lmao:

It wouldn't hurt to add a lunch for you after you've done a buffet breakfast since you likely won't enjoy that much :rotfl:

On the other hand, if there's no where else you really want to eat you could just keep HBD (it's part of the F! package) and take the 'loss' by not really taking advantage of the meal.

This is a tough one!

OK, I'm a huge dork. Check this out though! It may help you make some decisions about where you'd like to eat!

Gluten Free Disney World
Thanks ladies!!!! I considered all the various scenarios you suggested and thought on it for much of last week. And I made some changes that I will put in the next post. ;)

Shannon, I have been using that site (and others) a lot - I think I am most excited about the DxDDP because I will get to eat tasty food that is not just the regular version with everything tasty removed. :rotfl2:

QUICK UPDATE!!!

After considering all your helpful suggestions, I made some dining changes this week. I canceled HBD and added two lunches in its place. (Didn't want to add another breakfast as I don't really like breakfast, and we already have a bunch.) So we will have lunch at 50s that day instead of HBD, and then I added Rose and Crown for lunch on our all-Epcot day. I think those should be fun!

I am also holding onto H&V but only in case they change the line-up. If they don't, I will likely cancel that one and add a lunch that day in its place. Willow and I don't even know the Little Einsteins, so there would be no real reason to do that breakfast unless they change their line-up. Hoping for Sophia!

AND ONE MORE THING..... I am sitting here right now contemplating a RESORT CHANGE!!!

Any guesses? Will I really change? Who knows! :cool2:

Ok, first....I really like your dining changes! 50's is fun! I want to go back there next year. And we've really enjoyed Rose & Crown when we've gone there for dinner. I'm sure lunch will be just as yummy!

I hope they add Sophia & Doc to H&V. They could easily take away OSO & Little Einsteins.

A resort change, huh? Are you thinking of going back to your beloved Boardwalk? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter