A Mom, 12 Year Old & a Sausage on a Dream Voyage Jan 12! Complete 2/28!!

I apologize in advance for the lack of photos. I really dropped the ball here! I believe that I left off in the morning when I couldn't sleep! After I went to the front desk to get us a different room for that evening I knew it was still very early and that everyone would be sleeping for quite a while. So I wandered around a bit and decided to eat some breakfast. I went to the food court and got an omelette and potatoes. This was not bad but it wasn't fantastic - just good, and what you'd expect from food court food!

After breakfast I took a shower and woke up Eilee. Holly & Leah soon woke up too. We all got ready, went back to the food court for some breakfast and rode the bus to Epcot! Holly & Leah got into pin trading so they decided that they would like to walk around to look at pins while Eilee and went on some rides, got fast passes and I took Eilee to try Beverly. A friend of mine had done this to her son so I knew exactly how to handle it. I made sure that she tasted two really good types of soda and then I filled up a cup with Beverly and said "Mmmmmm....taste this one! It's good!!" so she took a big swig and then did the face. And if you've had Beverly you know which face that is. She was so mad at me! Later she thought it was funny, I promise.

Then it was time to meet Holly & Leah for lunch at Le Cellier - our favorite restaurant! We love steak! We ran into them in a gift shop shortly before the time of our reservation which was great. I told them that we'd better get going because we had about two minutes! They said they'd meet us there if we wanted to go check in. We checked in and in about 5 minutes the host called our name but couldn't seat us until our entire party was there. UGH! So I texted Holly several times because there was no way that I was going to miss this meal after waiting for it for months. After about 10 more minutes (which seemed like about an hour!) they came down the path. Then we had to wait about another 10 to be called again. I really don't think that they understand the whole ADR thing. But lunch was lovely and our steaks were fantastic! Eilee and I both had the mushroom filet, Holly actually ordered a steak and fries instead of chicken fingers!! But Leah decided that she only wanted a giant plate of fries. I thoroughly enjoyed lunch but I only got a photo of the chocolate Moose!

At this point the girls said that they wanted to go outside to wait while we paid the bill. I took this opportunity to tell Holly that Eilee and I were getting a room by ourselves that night. Everything seemed just fine with her and I hope that she wasn't offended. I just couldn't go one more night with no sleep and I explained that I was a light sleeper. After lunch Eilee and I had a Soarin Fast Pass and Holly & Leah wanted to look at more pins so we split up and I didn't see them again until later that evening.

Eilee and I had a fantastic day together! It was so much fun! We walked around and snacked and went on rides and snacked some more. We found these yummy treats at Karamelle Kuche and loved them! The strawberry was giant and fresh and the caramel corn was covered in thick buttery caramel. I wish I had some right now!

And then we saw this little guy. Eilee has two geckos at home and she loves lizards so she made me take a photo of it.

After walking around we went back to the room to move our things to the new room which ended up being the room right next door! We rested for just a bit before we went back to Epcot for the rest of the evening (and ran into Holly & Leah for just a minute on our way out but it was awkward!). We went on some more rides and walked around the World Showcase again. We met up with Tallee's family again and the girls hung out for just a bit before Eilee and I found a spot for Illuminations. As we were walking in the UK a cast member walked up to us and handed us something that looked like 3D glasses and then she just kept walking. We put them on and they turned every bit of light that we saw (like street lights and fireworks) into Mickey heads!! It was so amazing to watch the fireworks with these glasses on. Mickey heads exploding everywhere! Just a little bit of unexpected magic! It was a lovely ending to a lovely day. And when we went back to the room...I slept like a baby all night long!

Next up - final day and random photos.

great to have another update - loved Karamell Kuche, the strawberries and apples were Natasha's favourites but I have to admit to becoming addicted to the salted caramel chocolates - dreaming of them still ;)

That's so cool about the glasses!!!!!

Oh, that popcorn looks amazing!

I know right?? The glasses were a wonderful surprise and I just passed them on to a friend who is at WDW right now! And yes, the popcorn was fabulous - it was fresh out of the kettle!

great to have another update - loved Karamell Kuche, the strawberries and apples were Natasha's favourites but I have to admit to becoming addicted to the salted caramel chocolates - dreaming of them still ;)

We had some of the salted caramel chocolates too! I love that place! Have you decided to go back in October? If so, the time will pass quickly and you'll have some more in no time! I wish I was going in October but now I must save money for the airfare to Barcelona next summer! :thumbsup2

We had a wonderful night in our own room! Holly and Leah had an earlier flight than we did so we did not see them on the last day. We woke up fairly early but we did not have tickets for this final 1/2 day. So we got ready, grabbed some breakfast checked out of the room, stored our luggage at the hotel and went to Downtown Disney! We just wandered around and shopped all day long! It was very relaxing and fun. At one point we got some ice cream and sat down near a pick your own peark kiosk. There were two women working at the kiosk and a squirrel kept raiding their kiosk! He'd jump right inside and the two women would run out. When he'd leave, they'd go back in and this happened several times. It was fun to watch but probably not so fun for them!

For lunch we went to Wolfgang Puck Express, which is the best counter service value around! I saved two quick service credits just for this and I'm so glad I did! I had the meatball pizza

Eilee had some carbonara pasta and she thought it was very good.

And we had cheesecake for dessert!

Shortly after lunch we took the bus back to Pop Century and then caught the ME to the airport. I could not believe how long the lines were to go through security. Thank goodness the ME picks you up three hours before your flight or I would have been freaking out! It was a wonderful cruise and I'd recommend the Disney Dream to anyone. And while I liked Pop Century for a few short nights, our previous trip was to Wilderness Lodge and I think I'll go back there next time because I fell in love with it!

Thanks for reading along, I've really enjoyed your company on my trip report! I can't wait to write my next cruise report in a year and a half on the Med cruise! I hope that if you are considering a cruise that I was able to help out! I will leave you with a few last photos that I found on my DDs camera. They made me laugh because I have no idea what she's taking photos of. Apparently she takes photos of herself!

Aww, it's always sad when a great trip report comes to an end :sad1:

You've done a great job; now it's time to start planning the next trip :banana:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!!! I enjoyed reading it. Best of luck planning your Med cruise! :)

I never heard of those glasses...now I want a pair. :goodvibes

Loved the glasses!! My friend just went to Disney for One More Disney Day so I let her use them. I haven't found out what she thought of them yet. But how can you not love them?

Aww, it's always sad when a great trip report comes to an end :sad1:

You've done a great job; now it's time to start planning the next trip :banana:

Thanks Linda! You can bet I'm already obsessively planning our Med cruise. I plan to do a dining report for that one!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!!! I enjoyed reading it. Best of luck planning your Med cruise! :)

Thanks for following along - I've got a whole year to drive myself crazy with making plans for the Med cruise!

loved your report - counting down to the next trip :)
I'll be counting down to your next trip first! I fully expect a report from you too! :)

I love the last picture of her....Was that some sort of pose? :lmao:

Have you heard of the newest photo craze called Tebowing? Tim Tebow does that during his football games because he's praying. So there is an entire website devoted to people Tebowing in various locations! Here she is Tebowing in front of Hogwarts.

I don't watch football, but now that you say that, I have heard of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter