A Mom, 12 Year Old & a Sausage on a Dream Voyage Jan 12! Complete 2/28!!

We are on this cruise too. I can't wait!

OP, loving your trip report. Hoping to see more of the sausage. My sister and cousins and I travel with a monkey. He loved WDW, but has never been on a cruise.

We also stayed on Deck 2 last time and will be staying there again for NYE 2013.

I love deck 2! As a matter of fact I booked on deck 2 again for our Med cruise in 2013. Thanks for reading along and I think it's time your monkey takes a cruise!

I just found your TR this morning and am really enjoying it! Your daughter looks like a little sweetie. Can't wait for more!

Thank you - my daughter really is a good kid (so far!!). She's a good little traveler! Glad to have you here!

so glad you had the time to continue. Castaway Cay looks amazing considering it's January. The drink there looks weird though - like a dole whip.

Still haven't finished my report from October so I'm a fine one to nag but yours is definitely worth waiting for :)

Compared to January in Wisconsin, the weather on Castaway Cay was amazing! Actually it's been pretty mild here so I can't complain but it was heaven to be able to wear shorts in January. And yep, that drink just wasn't my thing. I wish I'd ordered something fruity instead. Glad you're still hanging in here on my trip report!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I would really love to hear from your DD about some of the activities in Edge. My DS12 is curious as to what offerings they have, if there are organized activities or just "hang out" time. Also, what activities do they have on CC?

I will post again when I have a Navigator in front of me to give you an example of some things that they do at The Edge. I just know that my daughter loved it! There are many organized activities and games and while my DD isn't much of a game player she did join in. I know that my DD played volleyball on Castaway Cay but I'm not sure what else she did other than VB and lunch with the counselors (which she continues to talk about). I'll post soon to list some of the other activities!

Glad you were able to get onto CC. It sounds like a nice relaxing day.

It really was a great time on CC! Not having a plan was the best plan for me!

I am really enjoying your tr cant eait to read more!

Thanks for stopping by - glad you're enjoying it!

Just read your TR and it was fab. Looks like you had a wonderful time and the sausage looked like it had the best views. lol

You'll be on your med trip before you know it. I see that I may get to meet the sausage. :rotfl2:

Disney mam! Glad to see you over here! I know it's over a year away but I'm so excited for the Med trip. The sausage will definitely make an appearance as long as he can get through customs! :rotfl2:

How early can you check in on line? I have done this in the past and always found it helpful.
Glad you had a great trip, thanks for sharing!

I know that some people were asking about the kinds of activities that are offered in The Edge as well as what the tween group does on Castaway Cay. I have a Navigator in front of me right now that are some examples. I don't exactly know what some of these things are :lmao: but here you go!

On Castaway Cay:
Sand Soccer, Basketball, Lunch at Cookies Too, In Da Shade, Invade Teen Hideout

On the ship at The Edge:
Hold The Phone, Super Sloppy Science, Sports Deck, Ultimate Scavenger Hunt, Dance Central, Crazy Crafts, Rockband, That's Hilarious, Gender Wars, Info Swap and Boogie Nights.

So there are quite a few organized activities that the kids can participate in. There was also a pool party at The Vibe where the Edge kids had use of the teen pool and the teens weren't there. I did see my daughter out and about once with the Edge group and counselors. Overall she had a wonderful time - I didn't hear one bad thing about The Edge!

I know that some people were asking about the kinds of activities that are offered in The Edge as well as what the tween group does on Castaway Cay. I have a Navigator in front of me right now that are some examples. I don't exactly know what some of these things are :lmao: but here you go!

On Castaway Cay:
Sand Soccer, Basketball, Lunch at Cookies Too, In Da Shade, Invade Teen Hideout

On the ship at The Edge:
Hold The Phone, Super Sloppy Science, Sports Deck, Ultimate Scavenger Hunt, Dance Central, Crazy Crafts, Rockband, That's Hilarious, Gender Wars, Info Swap and Boogie Nights.

So there are quite a few organized activities that the kids can participate in. There was also a pool party at The Vibe where the Edge kids had use of the teen pool and the teens weren't there. I did see my daughter out and about once with the Edge group and counselors. Overall she had a wonderful time - I didn't hear one bad thing about The Edge!

Thanks Tracey..thats really helpful!:thumbsup2

Really enjoy getting updates on your tr! Makes me miss it that much more! Cant believe it was nearly a month ago. We are thinking of doing it again next year on Valentines Day. My oldest dd wasnt thrilled when we booked this last trip but now keeps asking to go back. Do you think your dd would have enjoyed the edge as much if she didnt have her friend? My oldest (15) wasnt thrilled with the vibe but she isnt very outgoing and my youngest was in her own club (she is 9).. Neither spent that much time at them which I was surprised. However every day went so quickly! We booked a trip this August at BLT so we can get a Disney fix since we all miss it!

Really enjoy getting updates on your tr! Makes me miss it that much more! Cant believe it was nearly a month ago. We are thinking of doing it again next year on Valentines Day. My oldest dd wasnt thrilled when we booked this last trip but now keeps asking to go back. Do you think your dd would have enjoyed the edge as much if she didnt have her friend? My oldest (15) wasnt thrilled with the vibe but she isnt very outgoing and my youngest was in her own club (she is 9).. Neither spent that much time at them which I was surprised. However every day went so quickly! We booked a trip this August at BLT so we can get a Disney fix since we all miss it!

This was our first cruise and now we're hooked!! We just booked a 7 night Med cruise for 2013. It seems way too far away but I'm keeping myself busy by being an extreme planner! I think my DD still would have had fun at the clubs but she might have also spent more time with me too. Have fun on your upcoming trip!!
Really enjoying your reports

Thank you so much for your nice comment! Glad to have you here!

This was our first cruise and now we're hooked!! We just booked a 7 night Med cruise for 2013. It seems way too far away but I'm keeping myself busy by being an extreme planner! I think my DD still would have had fun at the clubs but she might have also spent more time with me too. Have fun on your upcoming trip!!!

It will come sooner than you think! I want to go again and do things we didnt get a chance to last time on the ship. I love your pics! I usually take way too many and this time I feel not enough. Seven nights sound awesome as I really think 3 was too short! Unfortunately that is all our school and sports schedules will allow for next year too.:mad:

It was our final day on the Dream and we were sad to go. The night before, we'd left our bags in the hall as instructed and we only kept our PJs and clothes for the next day. We were to be at breakfast at 6:45 am in the Enchanted Garden and we were there right on schedule! The night before we found envelopes in the room for tips for our servers and stateroom host. We'd prepaid our gratuities through our travel agent prior to the cruise so we were given tickets to put in the envelopes rather than cash. I assembled the envelopes and I left the envelope for the stateroom host in the room because we did not see him before we left, and I brought the envelopes for the servers to breakfast. It was nice to see one last time! Here is Imade - such a sweet man. He taught the girls to fold napkins into all sorts of cute shapes.

After breakfast we proceeded to disembark because we wanted to make the first bus to Disney World! The day before we were also given luggage tags for the bags that we were leaving in the hall - ours was an orange Goofy. So when we got to the terminal, we looked for the "orange Goofy" section and it literally took us about 30 seconds to find our bags. Disney really knows how to organize! Everything went so quickly here that I didn't even have time to think about taking photos. We walked out of the terminal, we said that we were staying at Pop Century and they directed us to a van with a few other people. We climbed in and we were off within about 10 minutes! I thought for sure we'd be on a bus and that we'd be waiting for a while. We got to Pop Century in about an hour and they already had our room ready for us! We decided to share a room with Holly & Leah for these last two nights which would turn out to be a big mistake. I'll tell you why soon!

This was to be a whirlwind day. On our account we got base ticket for only one park but on ebay I got a good deal on two parkhoppers. So today we were going to use our parkhoppers and we wanted to hit three parks. Whew!! So first we went to Hollywood Studios. We tried to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania but the return time was very late so we got them for the Rockin Roller Coaster instead. Then we sat down to have lunch. Yep, just some run of the mill chicken fingers and fries!

Holly & Leah wanted to look for some pins so Eilee and I walked around, did some shopping and got a cupcake from Starring Rolls! We split this and it was yummy!

We met Holly & Leah at Rockin Roller Coaster at our designated time and after we went on we stood in line at Tower of Terror. And wouldn't you know it - we got stuck on the ride in the dark! We were stuck for quite a while and after we finally got out they offered us the opportunity to get right back on. So of course we did!

Then we took the bus to Animal Kingdom where we saw the creepy tree lady. I know she has a name but I can't think of it right now. She is covered in leaves and walks on stilts.

We stayed there for most of the day until it was time for our reservation at Ohana. I'd actually tried to cancel this because we would be eating at the exact same time as the Packers/Giants playoff game! But this was one of the restaurants that you can't cancel without a fee so we ended up eating. I can thank Disney for this new policy because I missed what would turn out to be a horrible game and the Packers got pummeled. Thank you Disney! All four of us sat down and Holly & Leah decided to order chicken fingers and fries while Eilee and I ate all of the good stuff that is included in a meal at Ohana! I also ordered this and it happens to be the only photo I took during the meal! :rolleyes1 A tropical mojito of some sort!

Because Holly & Leah decided that they didn't want to eat anything else, they left to go back to Animal Kingdom. Even though they ate chicken fingers they charged them for an adult dining credit and I ended up eating the tip for that. Grrr! Anyway, while we were eating Eilee got a text from her BFF back home to say that she was at Magic Kingdom! We knew that they'd be there soon but we thought they were arriving on the day we left. So after dinner we took the monorail over to MK and we found Tallee and her family just before Wishes! The girls were all screams and giggles of course!

What a fun night! We went on some rides and walked around with Tallee's family. The girls were so happy to see each other!

And here is where it got bad. We texted Holly to join us but she said that Leah doesn't like Eilee's friend so they wouldn't. We all arrived back at the room around the same time and went to bed. I knew that Holly snores because we shared a room prior to the cruise but it was only off and on. Well this night it was HORRIBLE! I was so tired but it kept me up all night as it was so loud. At one point in the middle of the night Eilee turned to me and said "Really??" :lmao: I didn't sleep at all! once the clock hit 6 am, I went to the front desk and asked if they had another room that I could book for tonight. I got us another room, went to have breakfast at the food court and then went back up to shower. I was so exhausted but the day proved to be a lot of fun!

Next up...Epcot!

another great update what a manic day that was. How wonderful for Eilee to meet up with her best friend and how rude of your friend to refuse to meet up with you. Glad you got another room for the next night.

another great update what a manic day that was. How wonderful for Eilee to meet up with her best friend and how rude of your friend to refuse to meet up with you. Glad you got another room for the next night.

I'm so glad that we got another room because I slept like a log that night! I always make fun of Vince for snoring (and he doesn't really) so I recorded Holly during the night to show him that I wasn't just complaining for no reason. It's so funny (well NOW it's funny!).

Nice report!

The adult chicken nugget thing is cracking me up, though!
I know right?? Do you see a theme here? I wasn't joking when I said that they only eat chicken fingers/fries and pizza! I don't know how they can pass up all of the yummy food at Disney!

Right, I have finally caught up

It sounds like you had the most wonderful cruise :goodvibes

You must be really excited about your Med Cruise; I do hope you take the sausage along :laughing:

oooh, I cringed when I heard you got tickets off ebay. There are so many scammers out there and ebay is the number 1 spot to get bad tickets. I am glad they did work for you.

I think your friends kind of sound like pains in the butt at time. :laughing: I might've had to stuff a pillow over her face. :confused3

It sounds like you guys made the best of your day! :thumbsup2

Your TR is reminding me why all friends do not make good traveling companions.:eek: I hope you are still friends by the time we get to the end of the report.

Right, I have finally caught up

It sounds like you had the most wonderful cruise :goodvibes

You must be really excited about your Med Cruise; I do hope you take the sausage along :laughing:

Our cruise was so much fun. I loved every minute of it! I think my next report will have to be "Sausage in the Mediterranean"! :thumbsup2 Of course it will come along!

oooh, I cringed when I heard you got tickets off ebay. There are so many scammers out there and ebay is the number 1 spot to get bad tickets. I am glad they did work for you.

I think your friends kind of sound like pains in the butt at time. :laughing: I might've had to stuff a pillow over her face. :confused3

It sounds like you guys made the best of your day! :thumbsup2

I was a little nervous about getting tickets off of ebay as well. So I read every comment in the feedback section and they had a 100% rating with thousands of sales or I never would have taken the chance. Even then I was a little nervous until we used them at the gate!

Our friends were a little bit of a pain but I think I've learned a lesson here! ;)

Your TR is reminding me why all friends do not make good traveling companions.:eek: I hope you are still friends by the time we get to the end of the report.

Yes, I'd be very careful about choosing traveling companions! We weren't very good friends before the cruise so we didn't know a lot of their quirks. Holly can't help that she snores and everyone likes and dislikes different foods so I'm not holding that against them. But next time I'd pay to spring for our own rooms. It was great on the cruise because Eilee and I had our own room. Note to self...separate rooms next time!

I'm all caught up! Sounds like you had a very nice cruise....those martinis look yummy!!! Glad to hear you booked another....very exciting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter