• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A member perk that I haven't seen advertised......get extra FP+!

DVD used to give you a couple of hundred bucks for a member referral, up to a couple of thousand dollars depending on how many you made, now they give you fast passes that cost them nothing.

Times have changed.

:earsboy: Bill
Disney is smart! Why give hundreds of dollars when people will jump up and down all excited for a few fast passes...

Good question, DVC sales usually requires that husband and wife be present or they won't do a presentation. ASA's can get in to trouble if the husband and wife do not show up together when they make the appointment.

My husband did not go to the presentation with me. My daughter who was about 16 or 18 did. I told the guide my DH would never go to a timeshare presentation but that if I was interested he would agree to purchase. This was 8-10 years ago at the SSR sales center.

My husband did not go to the presentation with me. My daughter who was about 16 or 18 did. I told the guide my DH would never go to a timeshare presentation but that if I was interested he would agree to purchase. This was 8-10 years ago at the SSR sales center.

There can be exceptions but I'm telling you that DVD does not want to waste their time making a sales pitch if both signing parities are not present. Their sales tactic is to blind you with pixie dust and get you to sign without thinking about it. Should you decline to purchase on the spot, they will tell you that you only have 3 days to buy before the deal is over. They know exactly how many deals close if only one adult is present, if both are there, if you don't sign now, if you sign before your vacation ends, or if you return home.

Their odds of a completed sale are far greater if both adults are present and they buy on the spot.

Good question, DVC sales usually requires that husband and wife be present or they won't do a presentation. ASA's can get in to trouble if the husband and wife do not show up together when they make the appointment.

Really? I bought in 2011 it was me and my father on the tour while my wife and my mother AKA my fathers wife LOL were having Tea with DD. We told them we were the decision maker and that our wives were not going on the tour they didn't need to. They met us at SSR where were staying and closing the deal We made the purchase and put them on the contract when they sowed up. There were no issues

According to the Pet Insurance company I use, referal programs are against the law in AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, TX, VA and WA.

Pet insurance seems to be a different thing.

I'm in WA and WA was included in the DVC referral program.

There can be exceptions but I'm telling you that DVD does not want to waste their time making a sales pitch if both signing parities are not present.

What on earth does having both spouses there have to do with anything? There is no law that one spouse can't make a financial decision without the other spouse there. DH bought into DVC on his credit and it's in his name. There was no signature required by me at all. Yes I was there, but I surely didn't have to be!

If a salesman told one of us that both had to be there, they would lose a sale, because that's showing their outdated views on marriage and decisions.

According to the Pet Insurance company I use, referal programs are against the law in AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, TX, VA and WA.

I'm in Texas and Tesla just offered me a $1,000 for every car I help them sell. There must be some certain circumstances that apply to that list.

What on earth does having both spouses there have to do with anything? There is no law that one spouse can't make a financial decision without the other spouse there. DH bought into DVC on his credit and it's in his name. There was no signature required by me at all. Yes I was there, but I surely didn't have to be!

If a salesman told one of us that both had to be there, they would lose a sale, because that's showing their outdated views on marriage and decisions.
Most timeshare sales pitches require both partners to be present in order to receive any "gift" or other incentive for attending. They won't give you the $100 gift card or bonus fastpasses when you can simply say, "I need to talk it over with my spouse" to get out of the sales pitch. But then, most timeshare sales pitches play each spouse off the other to make the sale. The spouse excuse is the one that they don't have a way to overcome.

How would they know unless you tell them? Sorry, but my martial status is none of DVCs business unless they are making me a loan LOL!

The two parties must not reside in the same house. The two parties have to have entirely separate interests. IOW, the 2 parties have interest in each buying their own separate membership. If the DVC kiosk person wants to lie about it, well shame on them…..

I live in MD and have had 3 referral bonuses so the list above is not entirely accurate. But alas, no more referral program with DVC.

I agree. I live in Washington. Although, I never received a DVC referral, I have received many referral rewards from other companies in Washington. Maybe the restriction only applies to certain types or referral programs or something like that.

In sales and with DVD, time is money and they do not want to waste their time pitching if they can't close the sale. You may think that you are having a idle conversation with the ASA's in the parks and resorts or with the guide but they are sizing you up and determining if you are a prospect.

When only one partner attends the sales pitch, the odds of the sales not completing is far greater than if both attend. They want both to feel the magic and they want to answer questions from both while convincing both to buy. They don't want to field questions later from the other partner or have to meet with you again. They don't want to give you time to research when you return home.

They are well trained, they know what to say and they know how to make you feel guilty that you didn't buy years ago.

I live in Georgia and received a referral bonus once. My BIL lives in MI and was not allowed to receive a bonus when we bought.

I don't understand what a pet insurance company has to do with real estate referrals? What is pet insurance?

Agreed. My DVC is in my name alone and paid for with my money alone. My husband was not involved (though he enjoys the vacations!). If a salesperson said they wouldn't talk to me without my husband present they'd lose that sale for sure. One more reason to buy resale, I guess.

Many TS companies out there require that if married, both spouses attend the "tour". When I bought another TS (not DVC) they asked if we were married, asked that we both be there and asked if we owned or rented our home. They also asked if we made at least $70,000/year. I wasn't bothered by any of this because I "get" sales procedures and we had genuine interest. Disney doesn't ask those pre-qualifying questions, except to ask that both spouses be there if possible. And truthfully, a great number of those folks in the kiosks booking DVC tours don't care about anything except booking the tour and will not bring that up at all.

While there are a few marriages out there where no feathers would be ruffled if one spouse made a very large purchase, most marrieds want to at least run it by their spouse before deciding. And I daresay most make that decision together even if one is not as thrilled about it as the other. And this is why TS companies want BOTH spouses there. Buying a TS is a very large purchase in most cases.

I think that most TS companies ask both spouses to be there because they want you to sign on the spot, and not have the "I'll have to ask my spouse" as an excuse not to sign on the day. I took the tour before our very first purchase by myself, and we took a few days to decide before buying BCV. My husband never wanted to "waste" vacation time on a tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter