A member perk that I haven't seen advertised......get extra FP+!

kangaroodle

DVC Member
We stopped at a DVC kiosk yesterday to trade pins. We are traveling with friends who are not DVC members. We used our points for their stay. This made the CM very excited! He was asking if we knew about the new member perk that is happening right now. Apparently if DVC members take non-DVC members on the 1 hour DVC tour EVERYONE who attends gets their MagicBand scanned and gets 3 additional FP+/day that can be used ANYTIME for ANY attraction---even if there are no FP+ left. This is for your entire stay! You can have 6 FP+/day. I wish they had told us about this when we checked in. We would have made time to do it. With 2 days to go it just isn't worth it. Wanted everyone to know before they go. (Heck....grab some strangers and go.) Worth it for the hour of time it takes. The CM suggested to schedule it in the morning around 8:20am. They will pick you up at your resort and afterwards will drive you right to the gate of whatever theme park you are going to that day. But like I said, to get the FP+, everyone in your group has to go, even kids.

They did this when BLT first was opened for sales as well - do the tour, get extra passes. Though I don't think you needed to bring non members with you to get the extra FPs (of course back then, it was a card they gave each of us with the extra passes on them, since FP+ wasn't around yet).

I don't know I would call it a "sales trick" but more like a "sales incentive". Definitely not a "member perk", you shouldn't have to jump through hoops for a "perk".

Seems like it is more than a 1 hour committment with transportation time. You could do 3 rides standby in that time, especially first thing in the morning.

This is nice to know. Whether its labeled a perk, a sales trick, or a sales incentive, it sounds like you'll end up with more FP+ than you would otherwise. And if they are good for any attraction at any time, then maybe I'll get to ride Toy Story Mania one extra time, or I'll get to do FP+ at both Soarin' and Test Track on the same day.

Since I live in Texas, DVD is prohibited by Texas State Law from giving me any cash rewards for referrals. I referred my sister and when she bought all I got was a thank-you note from our Guide. I would have loved getting some FPs, instead.

Maybe not everyone would want to take a tour in order to get some unlimited FP+, but at least its an option for those who are willing to do it.

You can also only do this once per so many months. It is in the fine print. Plus it really isn't an hour I think it took us about 2 total. The meeting was an hour but there is the drive there and back plus the slight wait for a rep.

edit to add: The fp+ we received were not valid at TSMM, Seven Dwarfs, and a few other rides. I can't remember if it was Test Track or Soarin.

It's an "incentive" because you have to do something for it. It's a "trick" because they told you that you have to do more than you really have to do. You could get the FP+ just for attending. They tried to convince you to bring along a friend. That's the "trick."

Ok, here's the scoop on DVC Members getting FP's. As the OP said, it's ONLY if members are a linked tour with a new touring party (non-members). And in order to be a legit tour, the members need to be interested in adding on more points interest. If the above is the case, everyone in the party that has a park ticket will get a TOTAL of 3 DVC FP's that are good for that day plus 3 days. Then they expire. These FP's are NOT good for character meet and greets, any kind of show, parade or fireworks. They are only good on moving attractions, with 3 big exceptions…. they are NOT good on: 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Soarin' or Toy Story Mania.

And if you think the tour will be an hour, well…. good luck. Those folks in the kiosks that get paid by how many tours they book are supposed to spiel 60-90 minutes. So of COURSE their eyes lit up when you are with non-member folks. Then they would get paid for TWO tours! But other than a legit member visit/tour (by themselves, interested in adding on), tours generally are much closer to 2 hours, often a good deal longer. And that does NOT count transportation, btw. Some of the guides are notoriously long-winded, sorry to say.

And yeah, it's a sales incentive for sure. I've been a member a long, long time and if anyone thinks I would give up an average of 3 hours total to get 3 FP's they have another think coming. My vacation $$ and points are worth way more than that.

We got this last year - but not DVC members - did the tour and we recieved 4 FP+ each for anything - no exclusions - we are debating on taking the tour again this year as well - strong thoughts about buying!

Verlenia, I don't want to argue but unless there was a mistake, the DVC FP's have always been only 3 per person. ALWAYS. And there have been exclusions of Toy Story Mania and Soarin' for a few years. I just don't want anyone to read your post and think that is the case since it most definitely is not. Did you receive the old FP cards? (they were white and the size of a credit card) Or were your FP's loaded onto your MB's?

I live in MD and have had 3 referral bonuses so the list above is not entirely accurate. But alas, no more referral program with DVC.

The CM at the kiosk sold it as, "Give up 1 hr of time and gain 4 hours in the parks!" He was basing it on a 90 minute average wait time/ride. He also said it would be good for 3 FPs for each person/day for the entire length of our stay. Of course he didn't mention that they're not valid for the most popular rides!

On a side note----I saw the same CM at DTD today. He wasn't nearly as happy with me today as he was yesterday, because of course, we didn't take the tour this morning!

|Hmm seeing as I am the member and my wife is not, can I take her and it qualify?

Good question, DVC sales usually requires that husband and wife be present or they won't do a presentation. ASA's can get in to trouble if the husband and wife do not show up together when they make the appointment.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter