A Magical 4 night Cruise- 4/12/2013

For those that participat in the FE, do you make your own extender or buy? I'm not very crafty, but they seem pretty straightforward .

We're cruising on the Magic on 4-12! This is our first DCL cruise and we are SO excited!! It will be me, DH, DD (5), and DD (3).

Most definitely interested in FE!!

Hi everybody!

What are your kids wearing for dinner??? what about dress up night?

I know jeans and shorts are not allowed... with girls is easy, a pretty dress and voila... but with boys??? I am planning on nice shirts (not polo or tshirts)... do they need to have a vest or sports coat?

For regular dinner a polo shirt is ok??

Help!

For pirate night we are more than ready :)

They are 6 and 1 yo boys...

I think you'd be fine with a nice shirt and pants. I read somewhere that on the 4-day cruises, all dinners are cruise-casual so I wouldn't think they'd need a blazer or vest unless you wanted them to wear it.

My DS will be just short of 6 months old when we sail and although I'm sure they care a lot less about what little babies wear, I planned to do something similar and dress him up a little bit more than everyday attire but not so formal as a suit -- something like a cute little polo shirt with shorts or pants. With my DD, it will be exactly one month before she turns 3, and I've already been on the net looking at little cute dresses for her! :hyper:

I'm excited for the pirate night too -- I'm not sure if I am going to dress her up in full pirate gear or do a more updated pirate look and just let her don a scarf and hat. We shall see...

I agree... I wouldn't know where to start with trying to organize and deliver all of that stuff! :rotfl2:

I agree. I don't think our group is going to get out of control but if for some reason we do start having lots of people my suggestion is we break our group up into smaller units if we have to.

On a four day cruise there will just not be enough extra time to be delivering to a ton of state rooms. Of course it would help work off all the delicious food. :rotfl2:

I just went on the website to see how much it would be for one of our adult kids to go with us and the DCL website is showing that the April 12 cruise is sold out??? :confused:

Is it possible or is this just another fluke with their website????

My younger brother asked about coming, when I called this afternoon, they had no upgrade rooms available. When I booked last week, I only got a GTY, not a room assignment. I wonder if it's gonna to be a full cruise?

I just went on the website to see how much it would be for one of our adult kids to go with us and the DCL website is showing that the April 12 cruise is sold out??? :confused:

I think it is absolutely possible.

I booked about two weeks ago, and they had JUST announced extending the kids sail free promotion through April.

When I went online to check prices for my sister and her family a few days later, ALL of the interior and oceanview staterooms were GONE.

I just looked again from another computer -- just to be sure it didn't have something to do with some cookies that had been dropped on my home pc -- and it appears our cruise is sold out. It doesn't even show up as an option.

My younger brother asked about coming, when I called this afternoon, they had no upgrade rooms available. When I booked last week, I only got a GTY, not a room assignment. I wonder if it's gonna to be a full cruise?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does GTY stand for?

For those that participat in the FE, do you make your own extender or buy? I'm not very crafty, but they seem pretty straightforward .

I don't know what I'm going to do yet... I'd hate to bite off more than I chew by commiting to making my own. :rotfl2: I guess I should get on that soon. It will probably take ALL of the three months we have left for me to cobble one together. :lmao:

I just looked and the cruise shows up for me. There seems to be some availability.

Okay so i just went back and tried again.

I first searched for 2 adults and had availability in every area (inside, ocean view, verandah) except concierge.

I then searched two adults and two kids and nada, zip, zero availability.

It looks like all the rooms for 4 are gone. :confused3

Okay so i just went back and tried again.

I first searched for 2 adults and had availability in every area (inside, ocean view, verandah) except concierge.

I then searched two adults and two kids and nada, zip, zero availability.

It looks like all the rooms for 4 are gone. :confused3

That makes sense then if Ana's showed up -- I put in 2 adults, 2 kids too.

I don't know how their booking works, but when I booked ours only have me one option and I took it. A day later sold out. A day later, showed me 4 different options.
Looked for my friends family (2 adults 2 kids just like my family) showed three different options (ocean view, inside and verandah) looked for my family of 4... Only the option I got.

I don't understand.

I called a friend who's a travel agent and she said she got a couple of options... 5 min later sold out.... I think we have a SOLD OUT cruise! :woohoo:

Cruise List:
dallastxcpa - + DH, DD (16), & DM
trwprid
nancyelex - 4 cabins with 7 adults and 3 (4 year olds)
KurlyStarr - + 2 year old and 6 month old
Ana-N-Joseph - + DH, DS (3), DMIL, DFIL, & DM
hnstep - + DH, DS (5), DS (3), DD (3m); parents & brothers family
BellaKruz - + DH, DS (6), DD (4), DM & DD
SsMom - + DH, DS (6), DS (1.5)
Skayrobe - + DH, & DD, DDsDH, DDDS, DDDS
Maymiel - + DH, DS (11), DD (10), & DS (7)
sherrief - + DS (8), DS (5), & DD (4)
courti1 - + DH, DD (5), and DD (3)

Not sure if it is really that big of a deal to update, but I'm + DH, DD (the 2 yr old; we are going exactly one month before her 3rd birthday:)) and DS, the baby.

Are you all planning to decorate your stateroom door? Just curious...

I am -- and OMG all the cute stuff out here can get overwhelming when it comes to narrowing things down! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter