A Magical 4 night Cruise- 4/12/2013

Our Fe on the Febr 1st cruise went great. We had a cut off date of one month before sailing. Four more families asked to be included after the cut off date. There were about seven of us who could accommodate them. So I ended up with 30 staterooms to deliver to. We got great gifts and the girls loved checking the pockets every time we came back to the stateroom.:cool1: Sherry

That sounds awesome. I think we should probably cut off 1 month out also. So far it looks like we will have smaller group not one of those 100+ groups.

To all of the new people I have been super busy this week and I promise I will add your names to the first page this weekend. :thumbsup2

I see lots of little ones coming, looking for some older kids who might be coming as well. We are bringing 3 12yos and 2 14yos, and they would love some company!

Also, how do we get involved in the FE?

My DD is 12 as well! It will be great to introduce them ahead of time.

I have a 13 yo DD who is on the 7th grade. Would they be in the same kids group? Since we have been on all 4 ships, I honestly cannot remember which ship has which club, plus it's been 3 years since we have been on the Magic.
This is not the club on deck 2 it is? Honestly, I felt like it was a dungeon.

Do we do an official roll call when it gets closer to time to leave? Question for seasoned cruisers, since we are in Cozumel on Sunday, will all the shops be open? I also have a question about the Rainforest Room. Is it worth the daily pass fee to try it out?

62 days and I am still in GTY status although no biggie since I am not participating in the FE.
We were in Cozumel on the Fantasy this summer but I did not get off the ship. Costa Maya and the ruins wore me out the day before.

My DD is 12 as well! It will be great to introduce them ahead of time.

We are in Houston. Would love to meet beforehand! Here's my email address, feel free to shoot me an email and we'll work something out!!

angmpenning at sbcglobal.net

Oh my gosh, did you guys see the news of the stranded Carnival Cruise ship off off the Mexican coast? The news is all over the Houston TV stations. They have sent a tow to take it to land. It looks like they have sent another Carnival ship to pick up the new passengers who were supposed to leave Galveston today. Wow! :beach:

Yes! Crazy
Husband was telling me that the carnival cruise they are sending to "save them" is coming from New Orleans. That means is going to take forever :/

I hope we enjoy our vacay stress free and be back on Tuesday like planned :)

I see the one that used to be an 8-night Galveston cruise, but I don't see anything for the revised 4-night that leaves on April 12, 2013. Is there one?

Just booked this cruise today and finally found the correct thread! Don't know why I couldn't see it before. Anyway, it's just me and DH for this one. We're from San Antonio so it's a quick drive. Excited about joining everyone here!

Thanks! I'm excited to be going again. We just came back from this same cruise that left 2/5/13. The port's so close and the price is right, so we figured we would add to our quota to make Platinum! :lovestruc

Ah you were on the cruise right after our 2/1 cruise. We were very late into port because of the fog. What time did your 2/5 cruise actually get to set sail that day? Our debarkation was a long process and we thought about all the people who were waiting to get on. Sherry

How are the numbers looking on our FE group? This will be our first time to participate!

Has anyone started a FB group for this cruise?

I have started collecting things for my Fe gifts for this cruise. I have not seen any mention that anyone started a Facebook page. Sherry

skayrobe said:
Ah you were on the cruise right after our 2/1 cruise. We were very late into port because of the fog. What time did your 2/5 cruise actually get to set sail that day? Our debarkation was a long process and we thought about all the people who were waiting to get on. Sherry

We had a port arrival time of 11-11:30. Got a call at about 10 from DCL saying if we weren't on our way already, then delay by 2 hrs. We were on our way, so we continued on. Got to the parking lot at 12 and because it was full of Wonder passengers' cars, we had to wait another 45 min. The ship was in port by that time, but the car attendant said it had literally just pulled up. We got through check in and sat for a couple of hours. We boarded at 2:30. Everything was pushed back. We didn't have the safety drill until around 5:15 I think. Sail away party was right after that and we set sail somewhere after six. Our 5:45 dinner seating was rescheduled for 6:30 I believe. Then everything went back to normal the next day.

One thing we did notice though is that they didn't announce the families like they have always done. Is that because we were running late or are they not going to do that anymore? They did it on the Dream in December.

Hello Everyone!!!

So, I am replying to this thread for my mom and dad. They are booked on this cruise and will be taking my twin nieces for their 8th birthday!!!! Only my mother has been on a cruise before but this is the first experience on DC for all of them. I am taking my son next January and did some research and found out about the FE.
Since my mother is "computer and internet" challenged, I have taken over getting them booked and ready. So, I would like to get them signed up for the FE...my nieces would LOVE this. Can they be added please? I will be the the one to get it all set up for them and relay the messages and tell them what they need to do. Thank you so much!

Room number - 6120
Ages on cruise Nana (Gloria) - 63, Gramps (Danny) - 63, Abby - 8, Bailey - 8
Special info (allergies, birthdays, etc.) No allergies. Celebrating Abby & Baileys 8th Birthday!

Welcome to your parents. I am not sure if anyone has started an actual Fe list yet. We are also grAndparents sailing with grandkids. It will be so much fun. Sherry:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter