A Love Affair With Us And The DxDP (W/Pics): 7/13: Snacks! Pg. 12

Goofyluver

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=red>Knock
This is a love story, of sorts.

First, two DISers got married. :lovestruc A few weeks ago, my lovely bride and fellow DISer, Uncle Remus and I got married in Washington, DC. It was a lovely wedding and we had a wonderful time in DC. We toured around that beautiful city and we ate fabulous food as we toured! We have a thread announcing our marriage over on the Community Board (with pictures, cause you can't NOT have pictures!), and in case you want to peek, it's right HERE.

Now, where do two Disney lovin' brides go to honeymoon other than Disney itself? :confused3

So, after our fabulous wedding, we hopped a plane to Florida for a short Disneymoon. :goodvibes

And this is where our love story continues...our love affair with food that is. :lmao:

Uncle Remus and I have more that bonds us than Disney. We happen to be aspiring foodies. When we travel, we plan our food/restaurant trips like we're planning the purchase of a new home or a new car. :lmao: We research, we scour menus, we drool over photos, we join facebook pages of restaurants just to get updates with pictures...and we eat like the calories are free and the booze is flowing just for us. We. love. food.

We decided to go all out. We purchased the Deluxe Dining Plan for our 2 day stay. If you're counting, that's 6 table service credits and 8 snack credits to be used in only 48 hours. We did it, but barely. :eek:

Uncle Remus and I planned some great Disneymoon meals (including a few we'd be paying OOP for):

Tony's Town Square
California Grill
Le Cellier
Flying Fish
Kouzzina
Earl of Sandwich

Though more than the food, and I'll say this before I ever post a picture, is that Disney spoiled us while we were there and treated us like we were the only two guests in the entire restaurant wherever we ate. We felt like royalty, and if you're planning your honeymoon and you've considered Disney, we highly recommend it.

Please join us for our love story...the one with food that is...:teeth:

You ate at some of my favorites, including Kouzzina which is my new favorite!

Congratulations! I lived outside of DC for two years and miss it alot some days! Will check out your picutres when I am not at work!

Can't wait for the food reviews! We are eating at most of the same places in August! :thumbsup2

Immediately upon landing and after we checked in at the Boardwalk, we went to lunch at Tony's in the Magic Kingdom. A very dear friend, J, who works at Disney (we called her our personal concierge during our trip) met us at Boardwalk and we dragged her to lunch with us. We were STARVING!

DCWedding526.jpg

DCWedding517.jpg

Our ADR was for 2, we arrived a few minutes early, and we were seated within minutes.

We were led to our table, which was located in the sunroom. I was afraid it was going to be warm in the sunroom because of all of the windows, but it was quite pleasant, which was good, because it was scorching outside. When we got to our table, this is what we found:

000.jpg

Our waiter was Manny, from Chicago. He was incredibly attentive and wished us many happy years together.

We all ordered a round of pomegranate lemonades from Manny.

DCWedding516.jpg

DCWedding515.jpg

UncleR and I both knew what we wanted for our appetizers at Tony's. After our last trip here, we knew we loved the calamari. Heck, fry it and slap it on a plate and we'll pretty much eat it. We shared our crispy, fried goodness with J.

The calamari at Tony's is served with an olive relish and a side of marinara. Two of these:

DCWedding518.jpg

It was just as good as last trip. It was crispy but light, and the olive relish adds a li'l sumthin' sumthin'. I didn't even use the marinara.

After we gorged ourselves on the calamari, I asked Manny if it was possible to get the recipe for the olive relish. He took down my e-mail address and said they would e-mail it to me! On our last trip, I asked for a recipe from the Grand Floridian Cafe and it was e-mailed to me within 6-8 weeks. I love this about Disney.

Now, here's where I knew we were in trouble with the DxDP. We finished that calamari and I looked across the table at UncleR and promptly said: "Ummm, I'm full." :scared1: How can this be? I'm on my Disneymoon. We planned all of these wonderful meals. And I'm one appetizer in and I was stuffed. She looked back at me and said, "Me too!" :scared1:

We kept our entrees on the light side, because we didn't think we could handle much more.

J ordered the Shrimp Scampi Linguini, which is served with sundried tomatoes and asparagus and is tossed in a garlic butter sauce. She mentioned to Manny that she didn't care for asparagus (which I found incredibly insulting :lmao:) and he said they could sub another vegetable in her dish. She chose broccoli, which I detest and can't imagine that anyone would favor tasteless trees over buttery asparagus, but I digress. She enjoyed it. UncleR and I both took a taste and it was ahhhhhhmazing! (I steered clear of the broccoli, but I may have "taste-tested" several of the sundried tomatoes)

DCWedding520.jpg

UncleR chose the Grilled Fish of the Day, which on this day was salmon. The fish is served over greens, with beets, feta, and candied walnuts, and it's tossed in an orange-shallot vinaigrette. She enjoyed it, as did I when I tasted it, but it wasn't anything to wow about.

DCWedding522.jpg

I chose the caesar salad with shrimp. Again, it was fine, but nothing to wow over. Also, I'm a dressing gal. Drench it and let me see it. There was almost no dressing on my salad. But, since I was unable to eat much of the salad, I didn't ask for more.

DCWedding521.jpg

None of us finished our meals, and we still had dessert coming!

DCWedding523.jpg

UncleR ordered the Chef's Signature Cheesecake, which is a key lime cheesecake. Oh. mah. gawd. Yummy. The crust was light and the cheesecake was even lighter. And it had just enough of a key lime flavor to alert your tastebuds.

DCWedding524.jpg

I ordered the tiramisu. It was good, but not great. Next time I'm getting the cheesecake.

DCWedding525.jpg

Overall, we still really enjoyed Tony's. Compared with some other meals we had on this trip, this one just can't measure up. BUT, it's a place we'd return to as these girls need that calamari with olive relish.

I'm only including the cost of UncleR and I's meals for this review, because J wasn't on the DxDP with us, although she was a HUGE part of our special visit.

Dining Credits Used: 2
Total Credits Remaining: 10
Total Cost of DxDP: $315.96
Total Cost of Tony's Town Square: $69.32
Total Spent on Dining Plan Meals: $69.32

You ate at some of my favorites, including Kouzzina which is my new favorite!

We may have missed a meal or two. :rolleyes1

:bride:Congratulations!! Subscribing:flower3:

Thank you!

Ooh.... California Grill! Can't wait for that one!:surfweb:

That's our next one, T. Are you guys going there in December?

Congratulations! I lived outside of DC for two years and miss it alot some days! Will check out your picutres when I am not at work!

Can't wait for the food reviews! We are eating at most of the same places in August! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Oooh can I join in, I love Disney foooooood :worship:

Honey, our Disney trips practically revolve around the food! :lmao:

Okay, so at Tony's I should only eat the appetizer and dessert. :thumbsup2 I can do that.

Oh, and when you get that recipe would you mind passing it along? :goodvibes

Dude? Where's the dressing??? :confused3
I ordered the tiramisu. It was good, but not great. Next time I'm getting the cheesecake.

DCWedding525.jpg
Really? 'Cause it looks really good! So does the cheesecake - I don't normally order cheesecake, but it's so pretty I would have. :teeth:

Oops.... forgot to multi-quote, but yes, I got Cali Grill at 7:30pm. Hope it's timed right to see Holiday Wishes. :cloud9:

We haven't eaten at Tony's in a long time. Your meals sound good.

Waiting for more!

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews! Tony's look great and I seem to have the same problem, I decide to get an app and then after eating it I am too full for my entree! lol

Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about Kouzzina. I have been trying to pick out two out of the following three: The Wave, Captains Grille, and Kouzzina. Oh, the decisions.

The reasons I like Tony's so much is the calamari 'n if ya time lunch just right (late), all ya gotta do is walk out the door 'n catch the 3PM parade. J's shrimp linguinie was delicious, I'm gonna have that the next time along with my favorite calamari! :rotfl:

Ok, I'm a bit confused. It's your Disneymoon and I see the mention of the two brides in the opening post (congrats btw), but who is J and why were they tagging along on your Disneymoon?

(Thoughts of 'Sister Wives' in my head. ;) )

Okay, so at Tony's I should only eat the appetizer and dessert. :thumbsup2 I can do that.

Oh, and when you get that recipe would you mind passing it along? :goodvibes

You have my word! I could just eat that stuff plain. :lmao:

Dude? Where's the dressing??? :confused3

Right?

Oops.... forgot to multi-quote, but yes, I got Cali Grill at 7:30pm. Hope it's timed right to see Holiday Wishes. :cloud9:

I hope so! You're gonna love it!

We haven't eaten at Tony's in a long time. Your meals sound good.

Waiting for more!

Girl, go back! And eat the calamari.

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews! Tony's look great and I seem to have the same problem, I decide to get an app and then after eating it I am too full for my entree! lol

If our trip had been any longer than 2 days, they would have been rolling us out of there!

Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about Kouzzina. I have been trying to pick out two out of the following three: The Wave, Captains Grille, and Kouzzina. Oh, the decisions.

Thanks for the congrats!

I thought that food was the main reason to visit Disney! :rotfl:

Kathy

You would be our friend in real life. :rotfl:

Ok, I'm a bit confused. It's your Disneymoon and I see the mention of the two brides in the opening post (congrats btw), but who is J and why were they tagging along on your Disneymoon?

(Thoughts of 'Sister Wives' in my head. ;) )

:lmao:

J is a dear friend who works at Disney. We dragged her along for this one lunch at Tony's, the rest of the time, it was just us two...

No sister wives here, honey. :rotfl2: Two wives are enough for us. :teeth:

Congratulations!!!

I'm In! Can't wait for some of your reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for clearing that up. LOL

Oh, and I'm with you guys. When we plan any vacation, it's all about the food!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter