A Love Affair With Us And The DxDP (W/Pics): 7/13: Snacks! Pg. 12

Yep. 8 hours of discussing menus, restaurants and making reservations for guests who don't make reservations before their trip. By 10:30 in the morning I was starving and wanted to have lunch at about 15 different places that we'd talked about.

I don't know if that sounds like heaven or torture. :rotfl:

we are actually enjoying a hot day in the UK and I would love a red maple smoothie (followed by a frozen margerita naturally :) )

we are actually enjoying a hot day in the UK and I would love a red maple smoothie (followed by a frozen margerita naturally :) )

Naturally. :lmao:

Oh good! 'Cause I've got Lecell for lunch in December, too!

Hmmm... maybe I should've run my ADR's by you first.... :scratchin

:lmao:

I feel so weird saying it, but Cali Grill was definitely one of the low spots in our Disney dining. (if we're speaking purely in terms of entrees)

I suppose it depends on why you're going and whether or not you are going on the dining plan. I know we'll never waste dining credits at CG again, but I would absolutely LOOOOOVE to go again for sushi!

As far as Le Cell, it was my #2 favoritest meal on this trip! I loved it and I can't wait to go again! :lovestruc

When you go, can you bring me back some pretzel bread? :confused3

:rotfl2:

oooh that tomato stack looks lush. I had the soup and really its nothing to write home about.

oooh that tomato stack looks lush. I had the soup and really its nothing to write home about.

I've had the soup 'n brought home the recipe, then Goofyluver moved in 'n made the soup...hers for some reason is better. No need to get it at LeCellier. :rolleyes1

I love your reviews so far! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate your marriage - by eating!!!! That is my kind of honeymoon! And because I'm newly engaged (this past weekend!!) I might need to suggest that. :banana: I can't wait to hear the rest of your Le Cellier review. It's my favorite restaurant in Disney...so far. Can't wait to read more!

Honey, it was to. die. for.

If I could figure out how to recreate that stack o' lovely tomatoes, I'd have my summer menu set. :lmao:

I've had the soup 'n brought home the recipe, then Goofyluver moved in 'n made the soup...hers for some reason is better. No need to get it at LeCellier. :rolleyes1

Well sweetheart...:love:

I'm not making it today. It's too hot. :lmao:

I love your reviews so far! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate your marriage - by eating!!!! That is my kind of honeymoon! And because I'm newly engaged (this past weekend!!) I might need to suggest that. :banana: I can't wait to hear the rest of your Le Cellier review. It's my favorite restaurant in Disney...so far. Can't wait to read more!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend an eating-moon. :rotfl: Do you know when you'll marry? And if you can squeeze in a disneymoon, I recommend that too!

Le Cellier was fabulous. I can't wait to go back. :banana:

Oh my word was it yummy. It was light and refreshing, but packed with so much flavor. Of course, I love tomatoes like most people love chocolate. It was perfect in every way.
QUOTE]

I too love tomatoes like most people love chocolate. When I was little, ya know like 3, I used to think that the pimento in green olives were tomatoes so naturally I love green olives too.

Congrats to you both on your marriage :lovestruc , and my best wishes for a long and happy life together! :hippie:

I have been reading your dining reviews and love them! Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews!

I too love tomatoes like most people love chocolate. When I was little, ya know like 3, I used to think that the pimento in green olives were tomatoes so naturally I love green olives too.

It's so nice to meet a foodie kindred spirit. :lovestruc :laughing:

Congrats to you both on your marriage :lovestruc , and my best wishes for a long and happy life together! :hippie:

I have been reading your dining reviews and love them! Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews!

Thank you so much for reading along!

This point of the meal is where I went a bit crazy with my ordering. See, in addition to my love of all things tomato, I luuuuurv my meat, steak especially. So, of course I'd come to Le Cellier and get a nice, juicy steak, right?

Wrong.

I looked straight at Darcie and said, "Order me up a bowl of those potato gnocchi, please!" :teeth:

UncleR just looked at me from across the table and said, "Well, I'm getting a steak."

"Don't worry, I'll taste some of yours." After all, we're married now, and her meat is my meat.

I don't know why, but meat sounded wrong. It was too hot to fill up on meat.

The gnocchi is served with roasted eggplant, cherry tomatoes, shaved parmesan and a pesto broth.

DCWedding745.jpg

Upon tasting this dish, I looked across at UncleR and said, "Yummmmm." It was very good. The broth was incredibly flavorful, the eggplant was yummy, as were the tomatoes. But, it took a bit for me to get past the appearance...

Me: "Um, babe..."
UncleR: "Yea?"
Me: "This looks like beetle larva, don't ya' think?"
UncleR: (sawing in to her meat) "My steak is good, you should have gotten a steak..."
Me: :rolleyes:

I actually loved the gnocchi, but dang there was a lot of larva on that plate! I was able to finish approximately 1/4 of the dish and that's it! Turns out my want for something besides meat because I didn't want anything too heavy bit me in the rear because potato gnocchi happens to be very heavy. :headache:

As mentioned above, UncleR got herself a nice, big steak. She ordered the New York strip steak, which is served with a bercy butter sauce and a potato gratin.

DCWedding746.jpg

She absolutely loved this entree. The meat was cooked exactly to her liking (a true medium) and she found the potato gratin to be incredibly tasty. I also tasted her steak and it was juicy and tender. I'm not a fan of potatoes like they were presented on the plate here, but even they were tasty!

Darcie came to collect our plates before we ordered dessert and turned to me after seeing my still-full bowl of gnocchi and said, "That gnocchi got the best of ya', huh?" :lmao:

Darcie brought us out our dessert menu next, with a little honeymoon gift from the restaurant:

DCWedding747.jpg

Champagne and strawberries!

She even told us that their bartender had told her how to place the flutes on the table so the strawberries form a little heart. :love:

For my dessert, I ordered the Le Cellier mont blanc semifreddo, which is semi-frozen white wine sabayon surrounded by a chilled fruit soup.

DCWedding749.jpg

It was delicious and light and exactly what I needed as a dessert! My description to UncleR upon tasting it was, "This is like eating a cloud it's so light!" The wine flavor was very slight and the sweetness was perfect and not too overwhelming. Plus, it was very cool, which was wonderful on this hot day.

UncleR ordered the no-sugar added chocolate mousse, served with a wild berry compote and no-sugar added raspberry sorbet.

DCWedding750.jpg

She loved this as well, from the chocolate mousse to the sorbet. I don't like chocolate (yes, yes, I know, but it's true), so I tasted the sorbet, which was light and fruity and perfect!

Upon conclusion of this meal, I turned to UncleR across the table and promptly said, "OMG. This was so much better than Cali Grill." We headed out of Le Cellier fat and happy.

Dining Credits Used: 2
Total Credits Remaining: 4
Total Cost of DxDP: $315.96
Total Cost of Le Cellier: $98.34
Total Spent on Dining Plan Meals: $318.66

That steak photo needs to be regulated as a controlled substance. People could go psychotic with desire to possess it.

Finally someone who has ordered the gnocchi!! I don't eat steak. I actually tried my first steak ever at Le Cellier on our Jan 09 trip. It tasted great but I couldn't get past the texture. Something those vegetarian parents did to me I guess, lol. The gnocchi sounds amazing from the description. I saw a recent review that has a different veggie dish, I'm so bummed. Hoping the gnocchi is back in Nov or that if I mention it they might say "sure, let me throw that together for you." :rolleyes1

Loving your reviews and congrats!!

I looked straight at Darcie and said, "Order me up a bowl of those potato gnocchi, please!" :teeth:
:eek: Como say no meat??!!!

"Don't worry, I'll taste some of yours." After all, we're married now, and her meat is my meat.
Newlyweds... :rolleyes:
;)

Oh my, that looks heavenly!

Me: "Um, babe..."
UncleR: "Yea?"
Me: "This looks like beetle larva, don't ya' think?"
UncleR: (sawing in to her meat) "My steak is good, you should have gotten a steak..."
Me: :rolleyes:
:scared:

MEAT!!!! Glorious MEAT!!! :woohoo:

We headed out of Le Cellier fat and happy.
Sounds perfect to me! :cloud9:

I'm glad you ladies had a nice meal.... I shall keep my LeCell ressie. :teeth:

Yay, I'm so happy Le Cellier was a good meal all around! I've had my ups and downs there, but recently most of my experiences at LC have been very good. But sometimes, the negative reviews here make me begin to doubt my own taste buds (as if it would be impossible for a foodie to find anything decent on the menu)!

I think the big problem is when people order LC's "signature" dishes instead of what sounds good to them, and then they feel let down. If I had ordered the cheese soup, I would have completely missed out on the duck meatballs, which I think are better and more interesting than the soup. Sounds like you ordered what you felt like (tomato, duck, gnocchi, semifreddo etc) and it paid off! :goodvibes

That steak photo needs to be regulated as a controlled substance. People could go psychotic with desire to possess it.

:rotfl2:

I should warn you now, and you can ask UncleR, no one gets in between G-Luv and her steak. :rotfl2:

I don't eat red meat, but that meal from Le Cellier looks great!

It was fantastic!

Finally someone who has ordered the gnocchi!! I don't eat steak. I actually tried my first steak ever at Le Cellier on our Jan 09 trip. It tasted great but I couldn't get past the texture. Something those vegetarian parents did to me I guess, lol. The gnocchi sounds amazing from the description. I saw a recent review that has a different veggie dish, I'm so bummed. Hoping the gnocchi is back in Nov or that if I mention it they might say "sure, let me throw that together for you." :rolleyes1

Loving your reviews and congrats!!

This was 2 weeks ago and I got the gnocchi, so I think you'll be okay! :goodvibes

And thank you for the congrats!

Newlyweds... :rolleyes:
;)

Did I tell you I ate chorizo the other day with your hubby's first AND last name on the brand name? So, technically, his meat is my meat too.

I'm glad you ladies had a nice meal.... I shall keep my LeCell ressie. :teeth:

You should get the meat. :lmao:

Yay, I'm so happy Le Cellier was a good meal all around! I've had my ups and downs there, but recently most of my experiences at LC have been very good. But sometimes, the negative reviews here make me begin to doubt my own taste buds (as if it would be impossible for a foodie to find anything decent on the menu)!

I think the big problem is when people order LC's "signature" dishes instead of what sounds good to them, and then they feel let down. If I had ordered the cheese soup, I would have completely missed out on the duck meatballs, which I think are better and more interesting than the soup. Sounds like you ordered what you felt like (tomato, duck, gnocchi, semifreddo etc) and it paid off! :goodvibes

I ordered exactly what I wanted and it paid off heavily.

When we first went in for the DxDP, we concentrated on ensuring that we got our money's worth. We sort of threw that out of the window and just ate what we wanted and we still "came out ahead" if we look at cost comparison.

And P.S.-I still can't wait for your next review.

eeeeek that really does look like beetle lava - not the ideal shape for vegetarians - I love my steak too much to be tempted away from meat on any menu :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter