A long overdue THANK YOU!

pagehouse

Nate has squatter's rights to Castaway Cay!
I come to you all in shame. Too much time has gone by and I really should have posted this sooner. We know you are all worried about us and we should have just dropped a line to let you know we are getting by.
I guess the reason I have not written sooner is I just don't know what to say. I'd like to say we are doing better, but that would be a lie. Living this life without Nate is the hardest thing we have ever had to do. We have been talking with grief counselors and trying to take baby steps along this path of despair. One of you told us that we are on a walk that only God can walk with us. I have thought about that so many times and have realized that it's very true. We cannot express how sad we are and it feels very alone, but I know God is taking each agonizing step with us.
There is a very real physical pain in our hearts and only time is going to heal that. My angle has been gone only one month today, and it seems that is not near enough time because I am still numb with grief.
I want to share something with all of you though. As you know, we held Nate's memorial service on Christmas Eve. It was our desire to have a very small, private service. But we were very saddened by the fact that out of both sides of our families, only 5 people came to the service. Of course some friends from here in Texas came, but from our family, only 5 people. There are close relatives that we still have not heard from. (I’ve really had to deal with my anger about that) But anyway, I tell you this so you will know just how much I mean it when I say your cards, emails and gifts mean the world to us. I cannot imagine how awful it would be if we didn't have all of you. I mean that. Knowing we have so many friends that care about us and are praying for us is just about all we have lifting us up. We will never forget your kindness and comfort in a time when we needed it most. I know some of you have made donations to the Wishing Well in Nate’s honor. I have been trying to get my thank you’s out, but let me also take this time to say it again. They gave us a wonderful thing and they need the help to give dreams to other kids. We are still receiving donations to Nate’s trust fund. I thought I would let you know what we plan to do with that. There is a children’s home for special needs kids here. Christy, Nate’s hospice nurse has had a few kids there and she would just cry and cry after leaving them. It is a state funded institution, and she said they take good care of the kids, but there is just not much there for them. We want to buy some special gifts for the facility for the kids to enjoy. We would like to buy them a large screen TV because Christy said the kids have to spend a good deal of time watching television. I’m not sure if the trust fund will have the money to do that, but if not, we will come up with something else for them. I thought Nate would really like to be a part of that.
Last, thanks to a very dear friend, we went to Castaway Cay and Eric and I held a very private and heart warming memorial for Nate. We made a package of some of his things and we went out on the island by foot to an area we were not supposed to be in. (I hope I don't regret confessing that) We found the most beautiful and peaceful spot and we buried his things. We took a picture of the palm that we buried it under and it is now the background on our computer. So everyday when we sign on it comes up and I look and think, "Good morning sunshine." And I know I left his memory in a sunny beautiful place. This was such a healing experience. I will never be able to find the words to thank this person for making this happen.
So, next time you are in Castaway Cay, listen very carefully and you just might hear Nathan's laugh being carried on the wind.

As I sit here with tears streaming down my face....

I didn't know of the situation with Nate until almost the end, because my computer was down...but I know he was a special little boy and loved by all...

All I can say to you is this...The heavenly choir of angels is sounding a lot sweeter today...

Thinking of you....
The Glass Family
Jim, Phyllis and Natalie

In our Hearts and In our Prayers............

Thank You Disney Angel..............................

Thank you so much for being a part of our lives. Just know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

A picture of Castaway Cay comes up on my computer every time I log on also, now I will think of Nate laughing every time I see it.

Dear Chris and Eric,

No need to apologize for not being in touch. All of us who have lost someone special can understand the time needed before reaching out to do things like writing notes and posting on the DIS.

Some days are easier than others. Some minutes are easier than others. Even three years after losing my Dad I still have hard times. Add to that the special needs children who were my patients whom I have lost and some days, like today, are not easy to make it through.

Your package and Jim's picture on CC will never be forgotten.
Whenever I get to go again I would have imagined Nate in a lounge chair even without knowing those tangible reminders of him are on the island.

Just know that we all love and care for and about you. How are the boys doing?
May today be a good one,
hugs and tears, Jan

Eric, Chris, Nash and Nick...

We're thinking of you and really do care. I wish we could somehow take some of your pain away because I can't imagine any greater pain than what you're going through right now.

Just know you have a lot of friends here and Nate will always have a place in our hearts.

Nathan will be missed by many and never forgotten.

Please call or email if there is anything we can do for you.

Hugs to all of you,

Deb and Dan

I'm so sorry! I haven't been on the site for a while, so I had no idea. Please know your family has touched so many lives, and we are better for knowing you all through this board. I wish I could have met you on the Sept., cruise. Please take care of yourselves!!

Woobie

Dear Eric and Chris,

Having gone through the experience that you are going through as parents, I remember all too well the ache and pain your heart feels these days. I'm not going to make it sound simple, but the pain does ease up a bit after time, although it will never completely go away, and I'm glad it doesn't, it's the only thing we have left of our two beautiful little girls.

I was happy to hear that both of you were able to get back to Castaway Cay and placed some of Nate's things there, a place where you all felt such peace.

Please know that Hazel and I think of you often and pray for you daily. Give the boys a hug from us, and tell Debbie we send our best.

Andy, Hazel, and Angelina

Chris, you all never cease to amaze me. I know this time is hard, and will continue to be, but we are all here for you if you need us.

God bless your little angel Nate, and God bless your friend who made your memorial possible. Our hearts are with you all.

I imagine it is tough to come to this board but please know that your family gave us much more than we gave back.

My dear Chris, Eric and boys,
I just wanted you all to know that both Norm and I have thought of you all so many times - I am so glad it was made possible for you both to get away and just have time for reflections - I have no doubt that whoever made it possible, just maybe, understood all your pains and all your efforts as parents to make every avenue possible for not only Nate, but the Nash and Nick as well -Our hearts and prayers are with each of you - I will never understand the family not attending, but know this - this entire board is family - each of you are loved, each of you are prayed for, each of you are in thoughts and prayers - We are here always for you - we are family and we represent love -
There is a saying " Nothing will happen today that God and I can't handle together" - and you each will.
Know that Norm and I do care -
Much love
Always
Shirley and Norm

Dear Chris, Eric and the boys,

No words. No words at all.

I just have no words.

Jim

PS If you could please post the trust fund and/or Hospice address, even publicly or through a PM, I would appreciate it.

Please know that your feelings are completely normal at a time like this. I am a pastor and have to walk people throught this. Although I have never become acustom to it. But it is important to know your feelings are normal. Especially those feelings about the service and lack of "family" that came.

You time of Castaway was time well spent. I am so glad to hear you had that time.

Verandah man can give you more advice and counsel than any of us as he has walked that path. Listen to him and people like him.

I will continue to pray for you. It is all we can do. Seperated by much space, but connected by more than just cyber space, connected through a God that hears our prayers and answers them.

I haven't posted because I have never really known what to say. I have kept your family in my prayers. Just know how sorry I am. Your son even though I never met him has changed my life. I have follow from the beginning. I am so glad you got to go to CC both times. I will never forget the picture of Nate under that tree. We go in May. I will listen for his laughter. When you said that God was walking with you I remember the poem Footprints in the Sand. One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints. Other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life when I was suffering from anquish, sorrow, or defeat,I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord, You promised me, Lord, that if I followed You, You would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been on set of prints in the sand. Why, When I have needed you most, You have not been there for me? The Lord replied, The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, IS WHEN I CARRIED YOU. I hope this helps. This is my favorite poem. My prayers are with you always. Brenda

I am sorry my last post ran all together. I am new at the computer and could not figure out how to make a paragragh that would stick. When I copied the poem it looked like it should then when I posted it all ran together. Sorry Brenda

Chris, Eric, and the boys...

All of you are in our prayers, each and every night.

Ginny and Andy

I have thought often of you and your family and hoped you are getting through this.

As a mom to angels I know all to well that long path you now find yourself on. It is not an easy path but it is one that with time becomes easier to travel. There will always be stones in the path- some come predictable with holidays and milestones but others will come unpredictable and those, atleast for me, are the hardest but over time they will become managable.

One site that helped me thorough is http://www.healingafterloss.org/ Its a good site to connect with people who share your pain.

Just remember you only have to be brave a minute at a time- Loosing a child is something no parent should have to face- and most don't. But for someof us it must be god's plan- even if we dont appreciate it...

-em

Such a said sad thing to happen. I knew about Nate's condition but did not realize about what happened until just recently. I have been so busy with school and wonderful HW in 8th grade that I have not been on as much. I apoligize for just posting now. Please except my sincere condolences. May god bless you.
God Bless,
Matt

Originally posted by jgalecpa
If you could please post the trust fund and/or Hospice address, even publicly or through a PM, I would appreciate it.

Yes. Can you please post this?

God bless you Page family.

All our love and prayers,
Melody and Ernie

Dear Pages,

Thank you for the update. You are all so important to us. Whenever I say a prayer, your family is included.

You never cease to amaze me. Here at this difficult time, you are worried about keeping in touch with us. And you're also using the trust fund to help others.

I can not imagine how hard your days must be. But I hope it helps just a little to know that Nate touched so many of us. I would bet that he touched more lives than any of us. I truly believe that God brought you to this board so that he could. He will be in my heart forever, of this I am sure. I know that when I'm on CC, I will be thinking of his sweet smile. For those of us on these boards, CC is even more magical since Nate was there.

May God bless you all and help you to heal. You know that you will always have faraway friends if you need a shoulder.

Lorie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter