A long overdue THANK YOU!

What a touching email...I could feel my eyes getting moist as I read it and thought of Nate on Castaway Cay. I know how hard it must be, but I'm glad you have such special memories, and I'm sure that Angel Nate is smiling down right now.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Dear Chris, Eric and family ~

Thank you very much for updating us, but there is no need for an apology. We all realize God has sent you the worst test of any parent's lifetime to endure.

It is so wonderful you were able to go back to CC and have a memorial for Nate. I love that picture of him on CC and how peaceful our little man looked. May God grant you and your family the love, faith and hope needed for each new day and may time help ease the painful heartache you feel. Please know that many keep your family in their prayers. I am so very sorry....

God Bless ^i^
~ Sandie

You are so kind to think of others during such a painful time and I'm amazed that you would feel guilty about not sharing quickly enough. Please turn to each other and to others while you go through this healing process. You might even be able to help someone along the way and believe me, that can help too.

:hug:

Dear Chris, Eric and Family:

Oh my gosh! As many of us have said there is no need to apologize for anything, Chris.

The post was very touching and to know that Nate will be forever on our minds when we visit Castaway Cay is incredible. We all have shared a little of your pain and now are able to share some peace with you.

GOD Bless you and your family!

Keoni

Memorials can be directed to:

The Nathan Page Trust Fund
c/o First Community Credit Union
15715 Manchester Road
Ellisville, MO 63011-2266

Thank you for asking for this information. I'm really excited about doing this for these kids. Their situation is so sad and I hope to be able to bring some joy to them. It just feels right to do this in Nate's honor. At first I had a hard time thinking about what to do for a memorial, people suggested donating to the church or planting trees. Those are great things, but I really tried to think what Nathan would want us to do. Then it hit me, he would want to try and help other special kids have as much joy as he had. Since Christy is a nurse to some of these kids and she was Nate's nurse, I thought it would be just right. Christy will help me to talk with the person in charge at the home and I will see exactly what the kids really want. I don't want to make a donation there, I want to give the kids something of their own from Nate.

Hope everyone is doing well, we are trying to get stronger everyday.

Speachless...
Thank you for letting us know you're ok

Thank You for posting the address.

May you get through these times and may God Bless your family and every family that has lost a child. It is a pain I'm sure that never goes away. May your heart smile and sing with great memories of your son.

Regarding your family--the reason we pick our friends and not our family is that some people would never get picked!
;)

Maybe it was just too much for them--I know it was too much for you! You have HAD to bear it. I'm so sorry.

Wishing you all the best--all comfort to ease your hearts.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the update. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. I can only imagine the grief you are facing. Know that you have a HUGE shoulder here with us.

Denae

Dear Chris, Thank you for your update, but please no apologies. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
:grouphug: :grouphug:
Ave'

Chris, Eric, Nick, and Nash,

I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.

Although I followed your story from your first post, I haven't been on the boards the past 6 or 7 weeks due to personal issues (which seem so insignificant now.)

Nate touched us all so profoundly. He graced our lives for such a short time, but what grace it has been!

God be with you on your path to peace.

Maureen

Thanks for the update. I have thought of your family so often. I really want you all to know

YOU ARE LOVED.

Yes I was yelling. I don't mean to offend anyone but I think knowing your family loves you (your Dis family) is the most important thing I can convey.

God Bless,

Tandy

I too would like to express my condolances to you and you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing Nate with everyone here. I pray that the blessings of the Lord will help you through this very tough time.
Vickie

Dear Chris and all,

We were at Castaway Cay on the 15h of January. Don't know why, but Nate kept popping into my mind. I just knew somehow he was there.

Carla

I continue to keep your family in my prayers. Thank you ever so much for updating us on this difficult journey that you are facing. Your angel made a positive difference in this overly negative world. I feel blessed having the opportunity to get to know him and your family, even if it was only through the DIS boards. Thank you for sharing your angel with us.

Dear Page Family,

I am at a loss for words. Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you!!

Love, Denise

Originally posted by pagehouse
It just feels right to do this in Nate's honor. At first I had a hard time thinking about what to do for a memorial, people suggested donating to the church or planting trees. Those are great things, but I really tried to think what Nathan would want us to do. Then it hit me, he would want to try and help other special kids have as much joy as he had. B]

Chris,

Remember, God never sends us more than we can bare. But don't beat yourself up for feeling the way you do. I'm sorry to hear your family isn't more supportive. Sometimes people are afraid to bring it up, like they're going to remind you of your pain, when it never really goes away.

My little sister died 22 years ago today. She had asthma and spent quite a bit of time in the hospital. My parents also had to decide what to do with the memorial contributions they received.

Like you, my folks wanted to do something for kids in circumstances like my sister's. They ended up buying Atari video games for the pediatrics floor at the hospital. At the time it seemed like a perfect way to honor her. She would have loved something to do while she lay in the hospital bed.

All these years later, we kind of regret that we didn't do something more lasting to honor my sister's memory. Eventually the Ataris stopped working and/or became obsolete and probably ended up in dumpsters. Absolutely go ahead and do something like a big screen TV that will bring joy to the special kids, but I'd encourage you to save some of the money to do something more permanent, that can say to the world "Nate was here".

All the rest of us kids in my family have gone on to have children of our own. When we go, the world will know that we were here because a part of us will live on in them. My sister, and little Nate, didn't get to leave part of themselves behind. In retrospect, I wish we'd taken the money to endow a scholarship in my sister's name. (Maybe a veranda upgrade fund at the wishing well foundation in honor of Nate?)

I hope I don't come off as being critical. I really do think it's wonderful what you are planning to do.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Page Family -

I don't know that I can add anything to what has already been said. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

A friend of mine was going thru a difficult time and had a note posted to her computer... if HE has brought you to it, HE will bring you through it. It helped her, I hope it helps you.

I'll listen for Nate's laughter the next time I am on Castaway Cay.

God Bless you all.

Karen-thanks for the ideas. And I see your point on the games. I guess though when you really think about it, what DOES last forever? For me, and the way I feel about Nate, it doesn't seem necessary to do something that will have a huge, profound impact on great amounts of people. Nate will be remembered by 1000's of people just by the way he touched their heart. He will live forever in my heart and in the hearts of his brothers and father.
As for the verandah upgrade, well the Wishing Well had never granted a cruise before and may not grant that many of them in the future. Plus, several of us have made donations to them already.
I don't think there is going to be enough money for a scholarship.
I guess when you get down to it, I feel like this, and I know this sounds bad, but...Eric and I feel so privileged to have been given Nate. We are better having known him. Unfortunately, in most cases the kids in the home weren't born to parents that felt that way. So, if I were Nate and I felt that I had been blessed being born into the home that I was, I would feel compelled to help kids like me that weren't so lucky. (that sounds bad I know)
So, I wonder if there would be something at the home that we could give the kids that would be more ever lasting. I'll check with the director.
Thanks again for making me think this over. I'm still not in an emotional state of mind that I am making any big decisions. I want to make sure it's right and not just what's right for now.

As for the family thing, I wish I were as eager to give them an excuse as you all are. The truth is I am both furious and devastated at the same time. To this day, a little more than a month later, they still have not even called us or sent a card. These are not distant relatives either. These are aunts, uncles, grandparents and so on. Our FAMILY! Close family! I think they are a bunch of jerks right now. But maybe I'll soften after awhile and just think they are heals!

Eric is going to put the pictures of Nate's palm on his webpage if anyone would like to see it. It might be a few more days though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter