A little Texas Christmas Magic - 12/21/2012

Hello! There are some people who are leaving next week to start their travels and asked that FE group #2 be closed tomorrow so they can plan.

FE Group to close tomorrow, Friday, December 7 at Noon (PST)

GIVE COSTA MAYA: :littleangel: 
Hi All, There is great opportunity to provide a little X-Mas Magic to some children in Costa Maya on our port day Dec. 26. I've been in touch w/ a charity volunteer there "Deb" who is actually going to bring me to the family in need and to possibly other children if there are enough gifts. Well, I got more than what I asked for, but I should have known, the family has 7 kids! I do not know details except they have no father. The main needed items are: light weight jackets(not coats), footed sleepers, baby dolls, baby blankets, toy cars, new but deflated balls. My family has to carry the items in one backpack per person, as this is not encouraged by customs. We are getting picked up at the Hard Rock Cafe, if you can carry a back pack send me a private message, it will be in the AM. I believe she has room for a couple more people in her car. If you can help out please post here. If you buy a toy take it out of the package for space. A few $ may be easier and we can buy them groceries. I'll be collecting at the meet and ornament exchange. I know everyone is asking for donations at school, church and work, so I hope in no way feel obligated. I have already made sure they will get some other items not listed. If appropriate, I hope to share pictures and will definitely share the experience on the boards and FB. THANK YOU! Jill

Ages of the kids: 14(M) 13(F) 11(M) 10(F) 3(F) 1 1/2(F) 9mo.(M)
I always have trouble posting pics on disboards, but I have one on the FB page of the family.

HI cheesehead3,
I see on the FE spreadsheet that you have a family member returning from Afghanistan. I'm assuming that means you're military? We are a military family too travelling on the Magic over Christmas. We're stationed at Ft. Sam and driving down to Galveston for the cruise.

I was wondering what you're sporting for Formal night? My DH is going back and forth on whether to bring his dress mess, class A's or just a suit for formal night.

We've taken one other Disney cruise but didn't bring the Army gear that time.

Looking forward to meeting you
Carly
Joe DH, Jack 14 DS, and Alyssa DD

Sorry, really new to the boards. Thought I was sending this message to cheesehead3 but I guess I can't send a personal message yet and it posted to the group. sorry about that. If there are other military families on the cruise that would like to post to my question, that would be great.

My DH is active duty Marine Corps. He used to always bring his dress blues but recently he has just brought civilian clothes. I think every cruise we have been on there has been someone in a military uniform. It makes for great photos. :)

HI cheesehead3,
I see on the FE spreadsheet that you have a family member returning from Afghanistan. I'm assuming that means you're military? We are a military family too travelling on the Magic over Christmas. We're stationed at Ft. Sam and driving down to Galveston for the cruise.

I was wondering what you're sporting for Formal night? My DH is going back and forth on whether to bring his dress mess, class A's or just a suit for formal night.

We've taken one other Disney cruise but didn't bring the Army gear that time.

Looking forward to meeting you
Carly
Joe DH, Jack 14 DS, and Alyssa DD

Carly,

I am no longer on active duty, I retired last year, and currently work as a contractor supporting the mission in Afghanistan. My formal wear will be a tuxedo for the first time on the cruise. I know this doesn't help much, but I have seen Marines in dress for the dinners and a few Air Force wear their dinner dress equivalent for the formal dinner, and always look sharp. Your DH should be proud of his service and if he wants to wear a uniform it is his right.

Charles

Charles,
I always like to see him in his formal military attire. Only a few more years until retirement so there won't be that many more opportunities. That's my vote. We'll see what ends up getting packed. Thanks for the input
Carly

The link for our private pub crawl in Key West is set up. Please go to keywestwalkingtours dot com to pay and reserve you place. It is set for 7 pm Dec.23

If this is your first time getting info on the tour, everyone 21 and over is welcome!

Can't believe it but we leave for the airport in an hour for the big trip over the Pacific - FEs packed and hopefully we haven't forgotten too many things!

Looking forward to meeting up with you on the Magic, in the meantime, safe travels to all.

Regards

Liz

Wow, after getting my FE together today, I cannot believe how many teens are on this cruise! I'm glad my daughters are still little, there are going to be a lot of hormones running around the ship! I have the hardest time buying for the teen boys.

Safe travels Liz!

Jill

Wow, after getting my FE together today, I cannot believe how many teens are on this cruise! I'm glad my daughters are still little, there are going to be a lot of hormones running around the ship! I have the hardest time buying for the teen boys.

Safe travels Liz!

Jill

My daughter will be thrilled if there are a lot of teens onboard. We probably won't see her if she meets a lot of new friends on the ship.

My DS (14) is excited to hear there are lots of teens too. He was too young for the Vibe last cruise and is looking forward to meeting everyone.

Finally finished packing the box I will ship to the Hotel Galvez. It is much bigger than I wanted it to be! I will be quite nervous until I see it again since all of the FEs are in there. Might have to sprinkle some pixie dust on it so it will arrive in Galveston safely....

jgura said:

Safe travels Liz!

Jill

My 14 year old is tall, lanky & "young" for his age. He is in 8th grade this year, and I have a feeling he will choose the Edge over the high school crowd in the Vibe. And I agree, teen boys are not the easiest to please with gifts, large or small!

Hi all!! My dd is 5 (going to be 6 two days after cruise). Are there any girls her age that will be at the meetup the first day? I really want her to meet some girls to play with. Also I am going to bring my niece who is 8 and nephew who is 8, any kids going there age that we can meet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter