A little Texas Christmas Magic - 12/21/2012

dato63

DIS Veteran
I started this with the best of intentions. But we have decided to switch to the Thanksgiving sailing. If someone else comes along and wants me to change the name of the thread - please just PM me and I'd be happy to do so.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

The DW and I are taking DS(19) over Christmas break from UT Arlington IF his grades meet our expectations. Cabin 8514 Also trying to get our table mates (Amber and Samuel) from last Cruise to join us, sorry to say they cannot join us, but we did Paid in Full so I am so ready to go on this cruise. I have seen the December trip reports with the decorations and can't wait.

Hello all.

My DH and I also booked on this cruise with our extended family. This is my second Christmas Cruise on the Magic. We are really looking forward to it.

I'm so excited that we'll be on this cruise! :cheer2: There will be 22 in our group. This group is awfully quiet!

Hello, I am Jill from Austin. My family will be joining you on this Christmas cruise. We are dd Jenna (9), dd brook (9), dh rob and papa John. This will be our 3'rd Christmas on dcl, we love it. We will be platinum on this cruise, looking forward to that. It will be my dad's first dis cruise. so far it looks like most of you are from Texas. I am thinking of just driving in the morning of the cruise. What are you all planning?
My guess is the price has this meet quiet, hopefully that will change. We have our x-mas cruises blogged at guratravels.blogspot.com
I'll probably be quiet on here until after our summer is over.

Jill

I am thinking of just driving in the morning of the cruise. What are you all planning?
Jill

Right now our plans are I will be flying into Houston from Dubai, my DW will fly into Houston from Virginia, and our DS(19) will drive down from Arlington and pick us up and spend the night in Houston or Galveston then onto the ship.
Charles

Right now our plans are I will be flying into Houston from Dubai, my DW will fly into Houston from Virginia, and our DS(19) will drive down from Arlington and pick us up and spend the night in Houston or Galveston then onto the ship.
Charles

whew! I think you win for longest trip! I may win for shortest. We live about 25 miles from port, the kids will have final exams & a half day of school. We'll load the car, pick them up from school and head to the port, hopefully just in time to have lunch!

Charles

Wow! That sounds like a well needed vacation! My dad will be driving in from Arlington as well.

Jill

Count us in!!:yay: We are just off the Fantasy last week. On board we booked Alaska for 7/'13. Once home we decided we couldn't wait that long so we added this Christmas cruise. We are really looking forward to the classic ships, and I know Disney will make this Christmas voyage even more magical.

What about a FE exchange?

I know that it is early days yet, but a Christmas cruise is a perfect time.:santa: I especially like it when people spread it out over all the cruise days, instead of all at the beginning of the cruise.:goodvibes

Hi y'all! I'd love to do a FE exchange and I know my sister will participate, too. I can't believe there hasn't been more activity on this board.

I noticed that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are at sea days.

We were thinking about getting to Galveston a day early. It is more comfortable for us and gives us time to stop by the Walmart for any forgotten items. I wonder if Dickens Christmas on the Strand will still be going on? I haven't been to it yet.

Diane:goodvibes

I noticed that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are at sea days.

We were thinking about getting to Galveston a day early. It is more comfortable for us and gives us time to stop by the Walmart for any forgotten items. I wonder if Dickens Christmas on the Strand will still be going on? I haven't been to it yet.

Diane:goodvibes

Dickens is usually the first weekend in December.. My husband plays in a bagpipe band which performs during the weekend. It is a wonderful event, if you ever get the chance to attend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter