• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little Texas Christmas Magic - 12/21/2012

Is anyone else starting to stress out over going on vacation? I'm trying to figure out how much daily and dressy clothing is needed. Has anyone used the laundry services on board? If so, how was it and how much did it cost?

Also, trying to figure out Christmas presents. How much should I take on board, what should i take on board, should I buy items on board, do I wrap before we leave or on the boat, the list goes on...

But....I can't wait!

I pack early. That helps with the stress. I now plan what I am going to wear each day. That prevents overpacking for me. Since we are sailing at the end of December, I plan on bringing more things to layer. I don't bother to iron any dress shirts ahead of time. I send them out to be pressed only and it is very reasonable. Same for dry cleaning. Similar prices to what I pay at home. If you send it out the first afternoon or evening, it will be back in time for the next evening, which is usually formal night. This is our first Christmas cruise but I plan to wrap gifts at home. Any large gifts will be opened at home ahead of time. I want to enjoy every moment on the ship so anything I can do at home will help! We are carrying our Christmas decorations in 2 carry ons so we can decorate right away and not have to wait on our luggage. Since this is an 8 night cruise, we will probably do laundry midway. I pack my own laundry detergent and fabric softener. The machines are front loaders and are located on decks 2, 6, and 7. $2 per load charged on your KTTW card. There are also irons in the laundry rooms.

Is anyone else starting to stress out over going on vacation? I'm trying to figure out how much daily and dressy clothing is needed. Has anyone used the laundry services on board? If so, how was it and how much did it cost?

Also, trying to figure out Christmas presents. How much should I take on board, what should i take on board, should I buy items on board, do I wrap before we leave or on the boat, the list goes on...

But....I can't wait!

We plan on packing this upcoming weekend. We usually try to conserve space in our suitcases for anything we buy. We have never done laundry before...we just do it when we get home so that way we can savor our time on the ship. The first night we will probably get together our FE's so that way they are ready to be handed out the next day at sea. We have never been on a Christmas cruise before but I think we are just going to take some small presents with us and leave the bulk of the gifts at home. I have read on other threads that if you buy something on board in the stores they have gift wrapping available. Hope this helps! :)

After much thought, I have decided to join facebook and have requested to join the group (not sure who accepts people into the group). :)

Only 24 days until our cruise! :santa:

I usually do laundry twice on a cruise. There are three laundries on board, on decks 2, 7, and 8(?) midship. I usually take along either the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets or pods, and color catchers. Coins are not needed, just swipe your KITW room card. At sea days are the most crowded days.

Hope this helps.
Diane:goodvibes

I am excited for the cruise, but feel behind in getting ready! I agree with everything Sinnaka mentioned. We will bring stockings and only the gifts that fit in the stocking. Do not forget a cheap collapsible hamper for your dirty clothes, it helps going to/from the laundry and keeps your room tidy.

I am excited we are driving and for the first time will not have to watch the weight on my suitcase!

Jill

I usually do laundry twice on a cruise. There are three laundries on board, on decks 2, 7, and 8(?) midship. I usually take along either the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets or pods, and color catchers. Coins are not needed, just swipe your KITW room card. At sea days are the most crowded days.

Hope this helps.

I have not been able to find the Purex 3 in 1! This makes me sad since I used them successfully in 2010. Where did you find yours? None at Target...
:scratchin

Wow, this board has taken off! I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted! My dad was diagnosed with cancer and we have been dealing with his treatments but he should be finished before our cruise. We have upgraded our cabins and I came on here to update our FE info, but we were left off the list (all 3 of our cabins) :( so if anyone has extra, maybe we can create a FE 2 list? Anyone want to join? My son is going to be so sad if he doesn't get to participate as we participated in the FE on our cruises in June and Sept!

I have not been able to find the Purex 3 in 1! This makes me sad since I used them successfully in 2010. Where did you find yours? None at Target...
:scratchin

I could not find them either for our Halloween cruise. I wound up not using the washers as it was just DH and I for the week. I did wash a few things by hand like workout clothes. Remember to bring clothes pins. There is a clothes line in the shower. :)

Hello. New to this forum. Is the ornament exchange still open? This is our first Disney Cruise over Christmas. Sounds like a lot of fun and we'd love to participate.

I am getting ready to try to print my pics for magnets. Can any one tell me what size I should make the santa hat that will go over the door number?

Thank you for the packing and laundry questions.

Are there hair dryers in the rooms?

I bought my last box of 3 in 1 sheets at Walmart just before the first Hawaiian cruise in April. Since there was a full shelf I bought several. I have not looked for them since. A friend told me that she thought they were discontinuing them, but that was unsubstantuated. I only use them when I travel.:moped:

Kimwhitt93 - There is definitely a hairdryer in the cabins. It is in the half of the bathroom that has the toilet.

I believe the diameter of the circle is either 7 1/2 or 7 3/4 inches. I saw it mentioned quite some time ago in a post that had all the basic door porthole Mickey ears art, including a Santa hat.

Sorry, I did not complete my post. The door number is a circle, and the old post has quite a number of "Mickey ears" type art to fit. I am not very computer savvy but I will look for it.

Search 'stateroom Mickey ears' or 'porthole door ears' and it is the first one to pop up.

The diameter is 7.5 inches. Cut a paper template that size to get the correct head size.

Search 'stateroom Mickey ears' or 'porthole door ears' and it is the first one to pop up.

The diameter is 7.5 inches. Cut a paper template that size to get the correct head size.

Thank you, again!

Do you know if the spa offers any specials during the cruise?

Wow, this board has taken off! I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted! My dad was diagnosed with cancer and we have been dealing with his treatments but he should be finished before our cruise. We have upgraded our cabins and I came on here to update our FE info, but we were left off the list (all 3 of our cabins) :( so if anyone has extra, maybe we can create a FE 2 list? Anyone want to join? My son is going to be so sad if he doesn't get to participate as we participated in the FE on our cruises in June and Sept!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis...glad his treatments are finishing up in time for the holidays!
I would be happy to include your group, along with the others that recently joined, in my FE deliveries! If a 2nd group is not started, just PM me your info and room numbers and I'll be sure to include you! The same goes for the other 2 or 3 families (I think it was CamFamluvsDsny, dwcsk8 & AZDisneyFamily) that recently joined...I'd hate for anyone to be left out!

Kimwhitt93 - yes, there are spa specials. My favorites are usually on the days we are in port. There is an open house at the spa at the beginning of the cruise. It's a good time to check it out and to ask when their specials will be.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter