• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

I'm finally here! Late to the party as usual..but if you knew me IRL, this wouldn't shock you. :) Can't wait to sit down and do some catching up!!

I'm finally here! Late to the party as usual..but if you knew me IRL, this wouldn't shock you. :) Can't wait to sit down and do some catching up!!

Welcome!! :banana: Don't feel bad, I am behind on a lot of my subscribed threads and then have subscribed to a few new ones. When will I have time to read it all...but I will eventually!

Mom woke up around 7:15 and took her shower. After she got ready, it was Dad’s turn. Not long after, Little Miss Claire woke up. She had a gift waiting for her from Donald.

Dreamchairsmmdnote.jpg

agift.jpg

heartbag.jpg

She received a new Tinkerbelle bathing suite.

tinksuit.jpg

We got Claire dressed and ready for the big day.
The forecast was for rain. It didn’t look to bad outside at this point and time.

lookingforrain.jpg

The weathermen couldn’t seem to decide if it was going to be storms sweeping through quickly, all day rain, or all day storms. I swear they would change their minds every few minutes.
We then headed down for breakfast. My 2nd breakfast of the day, but it had been a couple hours since I ate the 1st one.

appleandsasage.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

2ndtrip.jpg

buffetbreakfast.jpg

There was a family sitting next to us, a couple with a baby. This baby was so stinking cute. She had this tongue thing going when they fed her and it was hilarious. They were going on the cruise as well and we actually ran into to them several times on the ship.

With our bellies full, we walked back towards the room. Of course I took a few pictures on the way.

flowerpink1.jpg

pinkflower2.jpg

Back at the room we tagged our luggage that would be going on the ship. Claire and I hauled them out to the van.

elevatorride.jpg

rentalvan.jpg

We called Skip and he told us that the news station he was watching was saying that Sea World may be closing due to storms.
We went back to the room for another load of luggage and Dad said the local news were saying that if you had a Disney Day planned to wait till the storms past, as they were going to bad.

Claire and I finished loading the van and took one more walk around the hotel.

awalkaroundri.jpg

palmsinclouds.jpg

It was a little before 10 AM now. We saw many people loading their vehicles as well. Many were dressed in Disney attire. Claire and I decided we should head over to the port now, a little earlier than we had planned. We went back up to the room and gathered up Mom and Dad and were on our merry way to the Terminal!

I hope you don't have any trouble with the storms - those sky's look awfully dark!

I can't wait til you get on the ship!

wow! I made it finally!! I've been reading the dining report. I'm glad after 12 pages you haven't boarded! I'm anxious to see how your trip was compared to ours!

So sorry about all the mishaps! I hate when those things happen, but,you just have to go with it I guess!

Love the cute pictures and messages Claire got! My DD Paige has the same Belle PJs. Your matching shirts are cute too!

We had a meal at Fishlips last summer when we stayed at Ron Jon's Cape Caribe resort. I have seen those maps - I think all the local hotels there use them! We were not too impressed with the food there, but it's great to watch ships go in or out. Plus we saw dolphins and a manatee in the water!

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm not doing a good job at reviewing my posts today. Here is a picture I just added to the last update. Walking around Residence Inn

awalkaroundri.jpg

wow! I made it finally!! I've been reading the dining report. I'm glad after 12 pages you haven't boarded! I'm anxious to see how your trip was compared to ours!

So sorry about all the mishaps! I hate when those things happen, but,you just have to go with it I guess!

Love the cute pictures and messages Claire got! My DD Paige has the same Belle PJs. Your matching shirts are cute too!

We had a meal at Fishlips last summer when we stayed at Ron Jon's Cape Caribe resort. I have seen those maps - I think all the local hotels there use them! We were not too impressed with the food there, but it's great to watch ships go in or out. Plus we saw dolphins and a manatee in the water!

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm having a heck of a time getting time to get all the picture editing done! But I'm working on it.

We like Fish lips, but like I said, I would try something different, most likely DESSERT! :cloud9:
It was dark when we went, but that would be so cool to see dolphins and manatees.

OH NO!!! Do not like the sound of that, I hope the storm didn't come or passed quickly

It's all a mystery isn't it? :rolleyes1

Enjoyed the update. But I'm sitting on pins and needles wondering how that weather turns out. :scared1:

I drove over to the Terminal. It was very close and signs directed you exactly where to go, but it was really hard to pay attention to signs when the big beautiful ship came into view!!!!
I couldn’t take a picture as I was driving, but let me tell you, it was gorgeous. We were ALL in awe and the excitement went a level higher. I think I just kept saying “look how big it is!”
I parked along the drop off/pick up spot and we unloaded what we needed. We gave 3 bags to the porter and I tipped the guy, I think somewhere between $6 and $10. Dad asked the guy where he should pick us up Sunday and he said the same place.
We said our good byes and made sure Dad had his maps. Dad then headed off to Kennedy Space Center.
We made our way to the terminal. Again I didn’t have my camera out and we walked really fast. I did manage to snap one picture on my phone before going in.

terminal.jpg

When you walk in on the ground floor you go through security just like at the airport. No full body scanners though, and you don’t have to bag your liquids. But everything comes off like at the airport.(though I don't think the shoes came off)
There was a stack of pizzas coming in right behind us. The pizzas didn’t have to go through x-ray, but the delivery person did. I know I made some smart remark to the person, like “Oh thanks I’ve been waiting for those”.
After security we made our way upstairs. At the top of the stairs there was a guy at a high table/booth type thing. We stopped there and he had us fill out papers to state that none of us were sick.
We also got our boarding number here. It was number 8 which I was happy about. I have heard there a different ways they determine which number you get. One being that when you preregister online and pick an arrival time, that will coincide with your boarding number. For us this was not true. There was just a stack of cards and the guy just took the one off the top and handed it to us.

I took a quick picture of Claire on my phone.

terminalpicofclaire.jpg

We then went to check in.

checkinarea.jpg

checkinsign.jpg

I was nervous about the birth Certificates and prayed nothing would go wrong. We went to the line and there was basically NO line at all. We were pointed to one of the CM’s and we went right over and handed over our paperwork. Everything looked fine and they took a picture of each us. The CM was very friendly and full of excitement. We were handed our KTTW cards and on our way.

We saw that Mickey had come out for a meet and greet, so Claire and I got into line. Mom took a look at the line and basically said no way, so Mom took our carry on and found a spot to sit.

momandcarryons.jpg

Mom was out of sight for awhile. We couldn’t see where she was sitting, but we needed something from one of the bags she had (might’ve been the autograph book.)
After a bit she came back over (I think I actually called her). We got what we needed and she went and sat back down.

momtexting.jpg

I took some random shots while waiting.

terminalears.jpg

The archway was jammed packed the whole time. I could never get a chance to take a decent shot.

inlineforMickey.jpg

It was pretty crowded in the terminal, though I have to admit it wasn’t quite as bad as I had imagined it would be. None the less, there was still a LOT of people in there.

All caught up!!! It is super cool that you got to see the ship coming in! You woke up for a reason!

Exactly!

Enjoyed the update. But I'm sitting on pins and needles wondering how that weather turns out. :scared1:

Well....:rolleyes1.... Most of the trip was beautiful, but we did have a bit of rain at times...how's that for a sneak peek? :rotfl2:

Yes please keep it coming. Enjoying your TR so far.

Thanks. I am working at it! :teacher:

Claire is so cute. I love your pictures. I will really enjoy another installment before working all weekend.

I agree - the ship is huge and beautiful! The check in process is so slick! Oh, we preregistered for a time of like 11:00 - 12:00, (we did not get there then), but it did not seem to matter. That terminal gets very crowded! I think for our next cruise we will wait until later to show up. Avoid the crowds, no waiting...This time, though, it was a brand new ship, and we wanted to see all of it!!

Claire is so cute. I love your pictures. I will really enjoy another installment before working all weekend.

I now have to keep the Princess happy and color eggs. Hopefully I can get something else up tonight or tomorrow morning. I know everyone wants to see the ship!

I agree - the ship is huge and beautiful! The check in process is so slick! Oh, we preregistered for a time of like 11:00 - 12:00, (we did not get there then), but it did not seem to matter. That terminal gets very crowded! I think for our next cruise we will wait until later to show up. Avoid the crowds, no waiting...This time, though, it was a brand new ship, and we wanted to see all of it!!

I was so excited as well. And a little nervous about getting there and what to do. I am happy we got there when we did though....and for a reason that I didn't even know till later on in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter