A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

I am with you on the not sleeping on the day before the trip/party. I am always dreaming or waking up and looking at the alarm clock just to make sure I haven't overslept.:sad2:

I could almost feel your excitement when you saw the Dream coming in. I would have been squealing like a little girl!

I would be exactly the same way, I do get the same way on trips to WDW, but I have problems sleeping all the time though. But I can certainly feel your excitement, and it's getting me excited, waiting to read about the moment you board the ship :thumbsup2

How fun that you were up to see the Dream pulling in to port!

I can never sleep the night before a trip either, I would've been right there with you!

The Dream looks so Pretty coming into port! I don't blame you for staying up, I would be too excited as well! Plus I never seem to sleep anymore. Not a fan.

Yeah, Mickey woke you up, so you could admire his new ship! :goodvibes

How fun you woke up and looked out the window when the Dream pulled into port. And even more fun that ALL the cruisers were able to see her coming in.

You amaze me, getting up that early, but then you were on your way to a DREAM! ;)

:lmao: A behind the curtain party :lmao: The last time I was behind a curtian, well never mind ;)

I wouldn't have been able to sleep as well. And those aren't bad pictures, because the little lights are your ship!

I can not wait to see the ship!

I kept trying to make myself sleep. I knew I had a long week ahead, but I swear the more I tried, the more awake I became!

Jen, I can just FEEL your excitement! :dance3:

How cool that you were up and looking at just the right time to see it pull in!:banana:

It was perfect timing. I swear I was about to jump up and down like an excited kid. I'm so glad that I can stil lget that excitement as an adult.

How exciting to see the Dream sailing into the port!
I would not have been able to sleep either.

Sleeping was HARD. My mind just keeps racing and I KNOW I should sleep, but hot one bit of my body was allowing it.

I am with you on the not sleeping on the day before the trip/party. I am always dreaming or waking up and looking at the alarm clock just to make sure I haven't overslept.:sad2:

I could almost feel your excitement when you saw the Dream coming in. I would have been squealing like a little girl!

If I was all alone, I probably would've squealed and jumped around. :rotfl:

I would be exactly the same way, I do get the same way on trips to WDW, but I have problems sleeping all the time though. But I can certainly feel your excitement, and it's getting me excited, waiting to read about the moment you board the ship :thumbsup2

I have sleeping problems off and on. But usually I'll squeeze a nap in during the day if I can when I can't sleep at night. I KNEW there was going to be NO napping for a week!

How fun that you were up to see the Dream pulling in to port!

I can never sleep the night before a trip either, I would've been right there with you!

It was so exciting. I don't know if that is the normal time for it to come into port, but I was so excited to see it. I guess my body knew and was keeping me up for it.

The Dream looks so Pretty coming into port! I don't blame you for staying up, I would be too excited as well! Plus I never seem to sleep anymore. Not a fan.

It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I kind of felt like I had a secret that most of the others cruisers wouldn't have or know about.

can feel your excitement mounting...can't wait for sunrise.

Sun? There's no sun this day....well maybe a little. :rolleyes1 Oops, I'm giving secrets away again.

Yeah, Mickey woke you up, so you could admire his new ship! :goodvibes

How fun you woke up and looked out the window when the Dream pulled into port. And even more fun that ALL the cruisers were able to see her coming in.

You amaze me, getting up that early, but then you were on your way to a DREAM! ;)

I like that. Mickey knew I needed to see it! :lovestruc I was happy that Mom and Claire both got to see it too. My Dad almost didn't beleive us when we told him in the morning, but when Claire said, yes she saw it too, he knoew we were telling the truth.
In real life I get up fairly early most days. Usually between 6 and 7, but some days I sleep in a bit. But on vacation I am a totally different person. When I came home, I think Skip got a little irritated with me because I was soooo tired. I took a lot of naps! :upsidedow

I found your thread and I am loving the story of your trip. My family is going on our 1st cruise next year. I am dreming of our Dream Cruise everyday. I look forward to reading more of your story

Michelle

I found your thread and I am loving the story of your trip. My family is going on our 1st cruise next year. I am dreming of our Dream Cruise everyday. I look forward to reading more of your story

Michelle

Thanks for reading along and Welcome to the Dis.
I also have my dining reviews goin too. The link is in the signature. The on "so this is what a dream taste like". Just click on that and it wil ltake you to that review.
You are going to have so much fun.

I wish I could post faster for everyone, but then again, I wil lbe sad when I am done too. But so far I have only given a tease of the ship, so I guess I'm not too far into it anyways. I will get on this as fast as I can though. I must do some ironing though and some housecleaning. But if anyone wants to do it for me, I'll keep posting! :rolleyes1

Sounds like someone drops and sleeps like a bag of rocks this night :rolleyes1

I totally understand the "to excited to sleep " thing too. I always get that way.. Really injoying the TR so far. I can't wait to see more pics of the ship. I'm not a boat person at all but the Disney dhips look really fun!

Joining in for the fun! :) We are in the process of planning a cruise for next year so your report looks like fun.

Too bad that your husband couldn't go with you but great that you could go on the cruise with your mom. Love the post about all of you looking at the Dream early in the morning. I am sure you were excited!

I see you live in northern Ohio. I live in southern Ohio near Cincy.

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more.

I would absolutely be too excited to sleep too! Who could sleep with all that going on outside! Very exciting! I felt excited for you just reading about it.

You mentioning the birth certificates made me want to know how all that went??? Did you have any trouble with using your birth certificates? Everything I have read on the DCL web site says that you have to have passports, but I know you said you had been told otherwise. We are planning on cruising in October so I really want to know the answer to this.

I totally understand the "to excited to sleep " thing too. I always get that way.. Really injoying the TR so far. I can't wait to see more pics of the ship. I'm not a boat person at all but the Disney dhips look really fun!

Thanks for reading. I think if you liek Disney, you would have a great time on a ship. This is like not other "boat". It was a cruise yes, but it had a lot of Disney magic with it too.

Sounds like someone drops and sleeps like a bag of rocks this night :rolleyes1

You would think, wouldn't you? We shall see how long I make it!

Joining in for the fun! :) We are in the process of planning a cruise for next year so your report looks like fun.

Too bad that your husband couldn't go with you but great that you could go on the cruise with your mom. Love the post about all of you looking at the Dream early in the morning. I am sure you were excited!

I see you live in northern Ohio. I live in southern Ohio near Cincy.

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more.

Hello fellow Ohioan! Thanks for reading along. I hope I can give you some input on how things go/went for us.

I would absolutely be too excited to sleep too! Who could sleep with all that going on outside! Very exciting! I felt excited for you just reading about it.

You mentioning the birth certificates made me want to know how all that went??? Did you have any trouble with using your birth certificates? Everything I have read on the DCL web site says that you have to have passports, but I know you said you had been told otherwise. We are planning on cruising in October so I really want to know the answer to this.

It depends on the cruise. Some cruises you have to have a passport no matter what because of the isalnds you visit. But a lot of Carribean cruises you can get away with a birth certificate as long as the cruise starts and ends at the same port. We talked it over and Skip said lets just do birth certificates. But I am a worrier and then convinced him to get passports. Claire and I went on a Friday afternoon to get our pictures taken a AAA for the passports. WE had planned to go that Sat to get our passports then, as the post office was having a passport party or something like that. Skip was just going to have his picture taken there, but it was a about twice as much, so thats why Claire and I went to AAA. So Sat. morning comes and thats the day his brother broke his leg. So we didn't go. And then Skip said forget it. I still worried, but I knew with all my research I should be fine, but you still have that thought in the back of your head.
We had absoluetly NO problems whats so ever. They barely even looked at them. And when we disembarked we basically flashed them in front of the guy and he waved us through.
Do be sure to keep them with you when you get off the ship at Nassau though....just in case something happens. I was told you would need them to get back on the ship, but we never had to show them. But you never know.

It still is advisable to get them. The law may change at any point and time. And the price is going up very soon (if it hasn't already). I am thinking I read it was going up in either April or May of this year.

Totally understand the to excited to sleep thing. The pics of the ship coming in are brill.

Totally understand the to excited to sleep thing. The pics of the ship coming in are brill.

Yes, it was so hard to sleep. I should be updating this tomorrow. So more ship pictures are coming soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter